Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2014, 05:19 AM   #1
craedaisy12
Earning My Ears

Making a budget

My DBF and I are making a final budget for our trip in 99 days. I think we've covered everything. Any hidden spending we might do?

Room/dining plan
Mouse keeping
Ressies
Gas money (we will be driving from MD)

I think that's what we've got planned. This will be his first trip to WDW!
craedaisy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:00 AM   #2
SWofDisorder
Mouseketeer

Don't forget about tipping at restaurants, gifts, and snacks along the way. I also keep a few extra hundred in reserve in case we go over budget.
SWofDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2014, 06:11 AM   #3
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Tips for all your TS meals (these add up quickly!)
Snacks/meals that aren't included in plan (alcohol?)
Tolls
Food along the drive down
Souvenirs!

Are you doing Memory Maker or would you possibly be buying ride photos? Photopass photos after your trip?

Are you driving straight through or stopping somewhere for a night?

Plus there's always something else you haven't thought of, so a nice cushion in there too!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 06:47 AM   #4
craedaisy12
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWofDisorder View Post
Don't forget about tipping at restaurants, gifts, and snacks along the way. I also keep a few extra hundred in reserve in case we go over budget.
We got the quick service dining plan. In our ressie budget we tried to include tip, we get a snack a day but can always get more! A gifts is a must because it's his first time!

I'll have plenty in my savings we r trying to save separately then our reg savings.
Old 07-11-2014, 06:49 AM   #5
craedaisy12
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Tips for all your TS meals (these add up quickly!) Snacks/meals that aren't included in plan (alcohol?) Tolls Food along the drive down Souvenirs! Are you doing Memory Maker or would you possibly be buying ride photos? Photopass photos after your trip? Are you driving straight through or stopping somewhere for a night? Plus there's always something else you haven't thought of, so a nice cushion in there too!
We are doing memory maker! Already paid for!

We are planning to drive straight through. I've done stopping somewhere but cause I'm so excited to get there I can't sleep. We will switch between driving and napping.

Thanks!!
Old 07-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #6
freckles04
DIS Veteran

I don't know how long your trip is, but you may want to budget a few dollars to do laundry at the resort.

You guys have fun!!!
MAY 1994: CBR AUG 2012: POP OCT 2013: POR JAN 2014: POP OCT 2014: POP

freckles04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:34 AM   #7
eliza61

We're Americans, we're survivors

What about a few unexpected adult beverages.

When dh and I would go by ourselves we loved Epcot!! many times we would just walk around world showcase and have a frozen adult beverage.

Not sure how much they run and we generally didn't get a lot of them but that maybe some thing you do.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:49 AM   #8
stsomewhere
DIS Veteran

Tolls,
stsomewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:29 AM   #9
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

You'll be hot and thirsty in the Florida heat and sun while visiting the parks. A cold bottle of soda, x 2 ppl, will be around $6. Two bottles, $12. You can get in line at a Counter service place and order a free cup of ice water, or use the water fountains around the park. It's your preference.

Since you'll have a car, there are two Hess gas stations on Buena Vista Drive in WDW. One is across from DTD (construction mess!), the other is across from Hollywood Studios. You can stop there and pick up drinks/water/snacks. Get a small, soft cooler to take drinks/snacks to the parks (it's allowed if non-alcoholic and non-glass). There's also a car wash at the Hess. I like to get the road trip dirt/bugs off my car. And gas price is good.

With the Dining Plan, you can order a large-size drink for no extra charge. There are a few park CS places with self-serve beverage stations (think: refills). Restaurantosaurus at AK, Electric Umbrella and Sunshine Seasons at EP, Tortuga Tavern and Be Our Guest Lunch at MK, Backlot Express at HS.

On your drive to/from WDW, you'll get fuel, but also food & drink. I love my Starbucks, so I have my trip mapped out with a stop there along the way. I think the iced latte I order helps keep me sharp when I'm driving.

I would have a $100-$150 budget for cold drinks, souvenirs, snacks. That's not much for 2 people for multiple days. You don't want to drive all the way to WDW, then deny yourself little things. The little things are part of what makes a Disney visit so fun!
Old 07-11-2014, 01:35 PM   #10
JakeAndHooksMom
Mouseketeer

If you're interested we have a free disney budget spreadsheet here:
http://www.realmomsdisney.com/2014/0...ng-budget.html

You just plug in your numbers and all of the addition etc is automatically done for you. =)

www.RealMomsDisney.com - Disney Planning for Beginners!

JakeAndHooksMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:46 PM   #11
craedaisy12
Earning My Ears

Thank you all! These are really good tips! I'm so excited to really make a budget n be all set for it!!

~October 18-26, 2014~
Old 07-18-2014, 10:06 AM   #12
craedaisy12
Earning My Ears

I love doing lil things towards a trip so I made this for my DBF to keep track of our savings. It will include what we have already paid for, room deposit and such and I rounded the total right now it's a lil less then that but there will always be a lil more spending somewhere. http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/...ps63d53d4f.png Also made a countdown for him too!
http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/...ps959765b4.png
~October 18-26, 2014~
Old 07-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #13
laura-k
Mouseketeer

That is so cute
My son wants to take his first "Not with the Fam" trip this year with his girlfriend ,
I will have to make one of these up for them -

laura-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #14
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

Good luck and safe travels!!! We drove for the first time from MD last year and stayed at ASMovies. If you follow the same route we did there are no tolls. Unless you are on the east side of the Bay Bridge in MD then there is the toll returning home there. It was actually a very easy drive and almost a straight shot. We drove straight through the night with no problem but may be getting a cheap overnight spot to stay the next time since it killed all of us once we arrived. Wore out was an understatement!

We went on a package with tickets, room and free dining. The only out of pocket we had was tips, souvenirs, gas (around $100ish each way) and the bridge toll.
Malibustyle23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 11:16 AM   #15
Eureka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by craedaisy12 View Post
We are doing memory maker! Already paid for! We are planning to drive straight through. I've done stopping somewhere but cause I'm so excited to get there I can't sleep. We will switch between driving and napping. Thanks!!
Good luck with the drive. We drove home last year ( did it in two days on the way down) and it took 14 hours. We were all ready to kill each other by the last hour.
Eureka is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: