Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #61
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Yeah one picture & I was outta there! Cody on the other hand spent approx. 2 hrs in there every afternoon.

I didn't even notice the women in the show. I had to go back & look. Yes they do look like they enjoy their jobs. I most certainly do not look like that when I am working.
I don't plan on two hours, but I'll probably need 45 minutes a day. Looks like it will be useful to me! Thanks for including it! lol

Yes, I usually look like this when I am working: Or this: Sometimes like this: But never like THAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I noticed this too. And in the parade we saw I kept commenting on how hard it must be to keep a smile that big on your face while you are singing, dancing, and moving along with the parade! All those little things are what makes Disney, Disney. They sure don't smile like that in the parades here at home
For sure! I made a comment on it in my October TR - I said to my mom that I bet those people don't hate getting up and heading to work everyday. If my job was to dress up real pretty and dance down Main Street twice a day, I think I'd be whistling zip-a-dee-do-da outta my ... well, Clark Griswold knows what I mean.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #62
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Tina. Isn't BC wonderful?? One of the many things I miss about it is the smell. I forgot what they said it was. It is a combination of 2 things. I need to go back to the boards & find out.The weather was great this weekend. The next few days are not looking too hot.
Aloe and Clover- Scentair scent machine

We have had recent reports over on the FAQ board that Bath and Bodyworks has a Beachside or Oceanside scent that is similar.

Great updates, Doreen. I love the view from your room. Did you have a full balcony?

What a great start at the MK.

The only pictures I have of the BC/YC gym are from other sites. Do you mind if I use your photo of the workout room for the FAQ thread? I always feel better when I have permission to use the pictures I post.

Last edited by natebenma; 05-16-2012 at 08:29 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #63
Avery&Todd
DIS Veteran

I have a question too!!

Im the lurker in the back of the room!!

Did you check-in online before you got there or were you just going to check-in once you got there?

I ask b/c my one and only request is a room with a day bed - my boys do NOT like to share the bed, and I have that request on my reservation but I was also told there might be a better chance to get that request if I DONT do online check-in...

and I was wondering with the free upgrade to CL if you had done online check-in if that was hard for them to change....

and that upgrade sounds AWESOME!!!! gott lotta that....

I wonder if there are actual differences with the rooms themselves between the "standard no view" room that Im booked in and the CL rooms...like are the sheets a higher quality on the CL or more square footage in the room...or fluffier towels or if access to the lounge and CL CMs is the only difference...

I might need to do more invetigative diggin in the Beach Club thread!!

and awesome TR by the way!!!

June 2015- BWI is booked!! June 2012 - BC June 2010 - WL June 2009 - WL
Old 05-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #64
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I don't plan on two hours, but I'll probably need 45 minutes a day. Looks like it will be useful to me! Thanks for including it! lol

Yes, I usually look like this when I am working: Or this: Sometimes like this: But never like THAT.

For sure! I made a comment on it in my October TR - I said to my mom that I bet those people don't hate getting up and heading to work everyday. If my job was to dress up real pretty and dance down Main Street twice a day, I think I'd be whistling zip-a-dee-do-da outta my ... well, Clark Griswold knows what I mean.
You would think they would love going to work everyday. I know I would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Aloe and Clover- Scentair scent machine

We have had recent reports over on the FAQ board that Bath and Bodyworks has a Beachside or Oceanside scent that is similar.

Great updates, Doreen. I love the view from your room. Did you have a full balcony?

What a great start at the MK.

The only pictures I have of the BC/YC gym are from other sites. Do you mind if I use your photo of the workout room for the FAQ thread? I always feel better when I have permission to use the pictures I post.
That's the scent. I knew there were 2 scents combined. Good to know about Bath & Body Works.

Yes you can use the photo no problem. Now I wish I had taken a few more.

Yes we had a full balcony. Two chairs & a small table. We sat out there a few times & watched the sun set because it set right in front of us. I have pics I will post when I get to those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery&Todd View Post
I have a question too!!

Im the lurker in the back of the room!!

Did you check-in online before you got there or were you just going to check-in once you got there?

I ask b/c my one and only request is a room with a day bed - my boys do NOT like to share the bed, and I have that request on my reservation but I was also told there might be a better chance to get that request if I DONT do online check-in...

and I was wondering with the free upgrade to CL if you had done online check-in if that was hard for them to change....

and that upgrade sounds AWESOME!!!! gott lotta that....

I wonder if there are actual differences with the rooms themselves between the "standard no view" room that Im booked in and the CL rooms...like are the sheets a higher quality on the CL or more square footage in the room...or fluffier towels or if access to the lounge and CL CMs is the only difference...

I might need to do more invetigative diggin in the Beach Club thread!!

and awesome TR by the way!!!
Thank you! & Welcome!!! NO I did not do online check in. That way when they tell me what room we are in I can ask if it has a balcony or whatever I request. I just feel I have a better chance of getting my request that way.
I did not request a day bed. That was luck. The only request I made was a full balcony. I do not think there is a whole lot of difference with the rooms themselves between C/L & standard rooms.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #65
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

That's the scent. I knew there were 2 scents combined. Good to know about Bath & Body Works.

Yes we had a full balcony. Two chairs & a small table. We sat out there a few times & watched the sun set because it set right in front of us. I have pics I will post when I get to those.

Thank you! & Welcome!!! NO I did not do online check in. That way when they tell me what room we are in I can ask if it has a balcony or whatever I request. I just feel I have a better chance of getting my request that way.
That's good to know about the scent. A little Disney at home is always a good thing.

I can just picture the loveliness of sitting on the balcony watching the sun set.

We don't do online check-in, either. Talking with the cast member at check-in is a part of the experience, and like you, we feel like we can still ask for something if we need it. We'd be less likely to if we just picked up a packet and moved on. We've never had to wait long in a line, either, so it hasn't been an issue. The girls like watching TV at the kids' area while we check in.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #66
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

I'm sneaking in an update on my lunch hour.

We were headed to Splash

It was a 40 minute wait so I said no. That was over my limit of 20 min. so we headed towards Haunted Mansion. Just as we got there they said it was down so we kept walking.

And we ended up at Mickey's Philharmagic

DH did not think any pictures would come out but I thought I did pretty good!!

Some pics going through the shop on the way out

After that it was time to use our FP for Space Mtn so we headed back & rode.

My three guys ahead of me. This was my view most of the week

Then we decided to join Buzz

My score

DH's score

I was winning most of the time but he pulled it off in the end.

After Buzz we headed back towards Adventure Land & on the way we posed

Some pics walking through

Loved this dress but did not buy it

Thought about you Jackie

Ok gotta get back to work. Lunch hour over!!

We decided to do the Tiki Room as it had been a long time since seeing that show.

Old 05-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #67
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Doreen, all caught up again. Love the pictures of the room and around the resort (the BC is my last dream resort left to try).

Great shots at the MK (love the photopass pictures). I think somehow husbands cheat on Buzz and always win in the end.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:59 PM   #68
solana131
DIS Veteran

Love that dress and the flip flop t-shirt! I can't wait to see fun stuff like that. It was all sweatshirts and winter-ish stuff when we were there in Feb I wish they would have that stuff on their website so I could buy it before we go!

Oh, I found the flip flop shirt. That is in the mail to me soon But they didn't have that dress. Guess maybe we can hit DTD the first afternoon and see what we can spot!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??

Last edited by solana131; 05-16-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #69
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
That's good to know about the scent. A little Disney at home is always a good thing.

I can just picture the loveliness of sitting on the balcony watching the sun set.

We don't do online check-in, either. Talking with the cast member at check-in is a part of the experience, and like you, we feel like we can still ask for something if we need it. We'd be less likely to if we just picked up a packet and moved on. We've never had to wait long in a line, either, so it hasn't been an issue. The girls like watching TV at the kids' area while we check in.
Hey you snuck in while I was updating!! Yes that smell is just so wonderful when you walk in after a long day in the parks. I have to try & find it.

It was great watching the sun set! Glass of wine, some chips & me snapping away with my camera.

We have never had to wait long in a line at check in either. Of course I am usually running off the bus into the resort when we get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Doreen, all caught up again. Love the pictures of the room and around the resort (the BC is my last dream resort left to try).

Great shots at the MK (love the photopass pictures). I think somehow husbands cheat on Buzz and always win in the end.
Hi Kathy. You have to try BC sometime.

It was pure luck that Jeff beat me. I don't think he really knows how he did it. I did beat him once during this trip though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Love that dress and the flip flop t-shirt! I can't wait to see fun stuff like that. It was all sweatshirts and winter-ish stuff when we were there in Feb I wish they would have that stuff on their website so I could buy it before we go!

Oh, I found the flip flop shirt. That is in the mail to me soon But they didn't have that dress. Guess maybe we can hit DTD the first afternoon and see what we can spot!
You got the flip flop shirt!! It is really cute. They have it in lots of shops down there. I did buy a dress but not that one. Will post a pic of it at the end of this TR. I found it at the Poly.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #70
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great Update Doreen !!Can't believe I will start my Free trips in 2 weeks !!! Lake George and Elvis heer I come !!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 05-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #71
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great Update Doreen !!Can't believe I will start my Free trips in 2 weeks !!! Lake George and Elvis heer I come !!!!!
Wow 2 weeks!! for Lake George. I want to go back there someday. Now don't have too much fun with Elvis.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #72
natebenma
DIS Veteran

OK, never would have figured you would end up at Philharmagic when you didn't ride Splash!!!

AWESOME red neck ride photos from Buzz- It is so hard now when the words go across the pictures. You really have to time them well.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:35 AM   #73
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
OK, never would have figured you would end up at Philharmagic when you didn't ride Splash!!!

AWESOME red neck ride photos from Buzz- It is so hard now when the words go across the pictures. You really have to time them well.
I know I would have loved to ride Splash but I knew we would eventually. It was sad seeing BTMR down.

The only problem I had with the red neck ride pics are the ones at Space Mtn. I was going to buy one for Splash one day & forgot.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:53 PM   #74
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
You have to understand the mentality of these kinds of guys. Trent can work a 12 hour day, but if it is work-out day, he heads straight to the gym. Such discipline.

Discipline I clearly don't have, but need to as I get fatter and fatter. I tried to run a little on a mini-tramp, but my knee suffered the consequence. I think water exercise is going to be about all I can do any more, so I am going to need a pool in my backyard - and a privacy fence.
Oh I hear ya MeMom, I don't have any discipline either. I try to...but it lasts about 3 days.

Most homes in Florida have a pool in the backyard. Just sayin'.

Great updates Doreen! My stomach started to growl when I saw your pretzel!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-18-2012, 05:06 AM   #75
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Oh I hear ya MeMom, I don't have any discipline either. I try to...but it lasts about 3 days.

Most homes in Florida have a pool in the backyard. Just sayin'.
I know I am a huge disappintment to my son. He is so fit, and I am so unfit. I have really gotten so much worse since the knee troubles. The surgery fixed the excruciating pain, but I still can't walk for any distance without it hurting and swelling. I tried using a mini-tramp in my bedroom to kind of cushion it and tried to do a soft kind of run, but it started hurting. I might tru a stationary bike next, but I really think swimming would be the perfect thing for me. I love to swim, and I was a good swimmer as a kid, but I don't dare go out in public in a bathing suit now!

I think I'll stick with Tennessee for now.
I think the perfect mix between home and there would be to be able to afford to go once every season. Some years that happens, but most years it doesn't. Maybe three times a year - and that's max - from now on, I'm guessing.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: