Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2012, 05:57 PM   #211
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Sunday 4-22-12.

We got up & had breakfast in the lounge. (Did I mention that we LOVED that lounge)?? then we walked over to DHS. What a beautiful walk it is!!! I just love that walk along the water and watching the boats go by.

So let's start our walk

Ah I wish I was there now

We are getting closer

I see ears

Nice pic of the hat (well except for the balding head in front of me)

Where are we headed

AH seeing these pictures make me so want to be there.

We got to DHS around 9:10 so we headed right to RNRC & rode twice

My boys headed to one of their favorites (mine too)

One of our pics on the ride

Then of course we headed to ToT

This is the only picture I get while on the ride. After that I am too busy hanging on!!!

A picture of us all. I am so sad when I see that shirt I have on. I bought it at AK a few days before that & somehow came home without it.

We had gotten a FP for RNC after we rode it.

I really didn't want to do Indiana Jones but everyone else did so in we went

Continued In Next Post

Old 07-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #212
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

We also got another FP for ToT so we used it.

A random pic I took while walking

Then we headed to Lights Motor Action. I was not feeling this either but followed my boys. This was Cody's trip so we did what he wanted.

We did Muppets as it is DH's favorite

Then saw Mulch, Sweat & Shears

Then we made our way out of the park

We did take the boat back to BC.

That is it for tonight. Hopefully another update tomorrow.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 06:47 AM   #213
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous pictures from Illuminations! It is my favorite, too!

Beautiful morning at DHS! I rode RNRC for the first time on our trip, and I understand why everyone loves it so much! I really enjoyed it.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #214
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I finally got on ToT in April. Know exactly what you mean about holding on!!! Scared me to death!!! But, I would do it all over again.

Maybe I will conquer Rockin' Roller Coaster this trip!

Looks like you had a great morning at DHS.

Love your pictures of Illuminations.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:18 AM   #215
Angel16
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
OMG Brook you have got to try it sometime. The four of us love it there. It is always on our list.

Hi Amy. Hope you are having a great summer. Sure has been a HOT one.

Welcome Angel!! Oh you will love the Beach Club!! I wish we could afford to stay there EVERY time we are there but I truly enjoy our time there. I want to hear all about it when you get back.
[/COLOR]
Thank you so much for the welcome. You have a new update...I must get to reading and catch up with you all.

Angel16
Old 08-02-2012, 05:41 AM   #216
MeMom
DIS Veteran

That's a bummer about your shirt. Do you have any idea where it might have gone? Maybe it got caught up with some towels and taken away by housekeeping? Did you call and ask? Disney is pretty well known for finding lost items and sending them to you.

Of course, they have not found Mingo yet, but that's probably because he's hiding from them.

We have not seen LMA since Herbie was replaced with Lightning McQueen. We need to do that.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:21 AM   #217
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Gorgeous pictures from Illuminations! It is my favorite, too!

Beautiful morning at DHS! I rode RNRC for the first time on our trip, and I understand why everyone loves it so much! I really enjoyed it.
Yay Jackie you rode RNRC!! It can be a little rough (especially on my ears as my head is going from side to side) but I love it!!

Finally got caught up on your TR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I finally got on ToT in April. Know exactly what you mean about holding on!!! Scared me to death!!! But, I would do it all over again.

Maybe I will conquer Rockin' Roller Coaster this trip!

Looks like you had a great morning at DHS.

Love your pictures of Illuminations.
It took Cody & I 3 trips to get on ToT & of course we loved it but I always feel like I NEED to hold on. My DH keeps telling me to just let go & let the lap belt hold me down but I do not trust that thing!

RNRC is so fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel16 View Post
Thank you so much for the welcome. You have a new update...I must get to reading and catch up with you all.

Angel16
Hopefully I will get to another update in the next few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
That's a bummer about your shirt. Do you have any idea where it might have gone? Maybe it got caught up with some towels and taken away by housekeeping? Did you call and ask? Disney is pretty well known for finding lost items and sending them to you.

Of course, they have not found Mingo yet, but that's probably because he's hiding from them.

We have not seen LMA since Herbie was replaced with Lightning McQueen. We need to do that.
I cannot imagine where that shirt went. No I did not call but I probably should have. I figured it may have gotten in one of the boys suitcases so I waited until they unpacked everything but no shirt.

Mingo is having an Adventure in the woods.

I do have to admit that LMA is better with Lightning McQueen.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 AM   #218
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Great update - yeah!
Beautiful pictures....I LOVE Disney in the early morning....anytime actually, but there is something special about mornings at Disney

I'm too chicken to ride R&R and ToT....so I always admire anyone else that can ride them!!

too bad about your shirt

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
Old 08-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #219
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update; that is really a pretty walk from the Beach Club to DHS. I can't wait to be on TOT in just 43 days...my favorite.

I really wish you would miracously find your shirt in your suitcase.
Old 08-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #220
solana131
DIS Veteran

I got to try RnR and ToT this time around and I loved them both! For the most part I missed having my little guy there with me, but it's hard to do the thrill rides with a 5 year old So this trip enabled me to do a few of the things we had to skip in February.

Loving your pictures from the walk down. That was one of my favorite times with my family in Feb. Your pictures brought back some good memories!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 08-02-2012, 03:16 PM   #221
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I love all the pictures of EPCOT and DHS. I also enjoyed the walk from Broadwalk to DHS.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 08-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #222
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Great update - yeah!
Beautiful pictures....I LOVE Disney in the early morning....anytime actually, but there is something special about mornings at Disney

I'm too chicken to ride R&R and ToT....so I always admire anyone else that can ride them!!

too bad about your shirt
I love morning also. You know you have the whole day ahead of you.

Aw you are missing great fun on R&R & ToT but I can see why some are a little bit leary to ride.

Cannot imagine where that shirt ended up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update; that is really a pretty walk from the Beach Club to DHS. I can't wait to be on TOT in just 43 days...my favorite.

I really wish you would miracously find your shirt in your suitcase.
Kathy I am so excited for you. You have had your share of bad news lately & I am following along on your report. I have you have an amazing trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I got to try RnR and ToT this time around and I loved them both! For the most part I missed having my little guy there with me, but it's hard to do the thrill rides with a 5 year old So this trip enabled me to do a few of the things we had to skip in February.

Loving your pictures from the walk down. That was one of my favorite times with my family in Feb. Your pictures brought back some good memories!
Glad you got to ride both rides. So fun!! Yes I can see it would be very difficult to ride when you have a 5 year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I love all the pictures of EPCOT and DHS. I also enjoyed the walk from Broadwalk to DHS.
It is such a great relaxing walk. I can just picture it in my head & soooo wish I was there right now!! I keep thinking that someone is there right now walking that route.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #224
natebenma
DIS Veteran

What a nice day at Hollywood Studios! I loved your walk over from the Beach Club. Great photos as you are approaching the studios. We have only done the walk from HS to BC and always at night, so I don't have nice pictures like that.

You guys really got your ride on early with RnR and ToT!

Love, love, love the picture of the electrified guests in ToT!!! Too cool!

We haven't seen Lights Motor Action with Lightning McQueen. So, Herbie's gone???

I have missed Indiana Jones on the past two trips. The boys watch that while I go solo to either Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #225
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Yay! A new update! I absolutely love that walk to DHS from the BC.

I wish I could start every day with RnRC & ToT!
Yeah we love that walk also. Wouldn't it be great to start every day with RnRC & Tot?? Although the girls at work think we are NUTS going upside down at 9:00 in the am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
What a nice day at Hollywood Studios! I loved your walk over from the Beach Club. Great photos as you are approaching the studios. We have only done the walk from HS to BC and always at night, so I don't have nice pictures like that.

You guys really got your ride on early with RnR and ToT!

Love, love, love the picture of the electrified guests in ToT!!! Too cool!

We haven't seen Lights Motor Action with Lightning McQueen. So, Herbie's gone???

I have missed Indiana Jones on the past two trips. The boys watch that while I go solo to either Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast.
Yes Herbie is gone & McQueen is in. Now that we saw it I am good for a few years. Same with Indiana Jones. We had not seen it for a few years but now I am good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: