Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #151
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Boma looks so great. I can't wait to try it in July Question though...it looks like the just have big long tables. Do they seat you "family style" with other people at the same table? That might be a deal breaker for me...don't particularly like having strangers watch me eat. That's why I don't care to try O'Hana....don't want to be put with other people.

You'll have your own table. No problem. You can sort of see in the back section of that picture some of the single tables.
We've never been seated with other parties - other than who we were already with - at 'Ohana, either. I hate for you to miss out on such good meals because of misinformation. At Teppan Edo and Biergarten, you would run into the 'strangers' situation, though, if you are not familiar with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post

I love this dress!

Wouldn't it be nice to have an AKL room for a good, hard Disney nap while it was doing all that raining?

Boma is a wonderful experience. The desserts bar is one of the best around, I think. The roast was so good, so next time we go back, I have to be sure it's roast night. I think they have it 2-3 nights a week.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #152
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
You'll have your own table. No problem. You can sort of see in the back section of that picture some of the single tables.
We've never been seated with other parties - other than who we were already with - at 'Ohana, either. I hate for you to miss out on such good meals because of misinformation. At Teppan Edo and Biergarten, you would run into the 'strangers' situation, though, if you are not familiar with them.
Oh good! Thanks....definitely keeping the reservation. Very excited to try some of the yummy offerings there. Unfortunately, we won't be able to take full advantage of the dessert bar because we also have the Wishes Dessert party booked that night. But we have 4 hours in between them...so maybe a Zebra Dome or two Thanks for the info.

Quote:
I love this dress!
Me too....Me too! Is it a women's dress or a girls? I want one!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #153
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Boma looks so great. I can't wait to try it in July Question though...it looks like the just have big long tables. Do they seat you "family style" with other people at the same table? That might be a deal breaker for me...don't particularly like having strangers watch me eat. That's why I don't care to try O'Hana....don't want to be put with other people.
Yes as MeMom said you have your own table. I am not big on sitting with strangers either. This time we were sitting way in the back near the windows. Granted some of the tables are close together but still your own. Oh do keep the ADR. It is so good. One of my favorites if not THE favorite. And yes you do need to have at least one Zebra Dome. SOOO good!!

Oh & we have eaten at O'hana before & also had our own table.

Quote:

I love this dress!

Wouldn't it be nice to have an AKL room for a good, hard Disney nap while it was doing all that raining?

Boma is a wonderful experience. The desserts bar is one of the best around, I think. The roast was so good, so next time we go back, I have to be sure it's roast night. I think they have it 2-3 nights a week.
Yeah did you see Cody sitting there on the couch? I think he could have used a nap about then.

Oh I think Boma is my favorite of all. ALL four of us just absolutely LOVE it there. To think I did not care to eat there on our first few trips because I thought I would not like the food. Boy was I wrong.!!! I am glad I read some reviews & tried it. It is a must do on trips now. I think we get our $$$ worth with the boys eating plenty!! And I have been known to eat my fair share.

Isn't that dress adorable. I just thought it was so cute.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #154
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Wonderful AK update! Love the EE photos, the giraffes, and eating ice cream for lunch!

Congratulations to Cody for his awards! That's awesome!
Old 06-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #155
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The boys thought I should buy this shirt but I didn't.

I love this shirt I need to get it on my next visit to AK.

You did a fantastic job taking fun pictures. They make me miss Disney even more. The tigers are fun to watch.

Great news about Cody. I know you must be proud.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 06-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #156
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Wonderful AK update! Love the EE photos, the giraffes, and eating ice cream for lunch!

Congratulations to Cody for his awards! That's awesome!
Thanks Jackie. I seem to take double the pics at AK than I do at any other park. All those amazing animals.

Thanks. We are hoping for no rain tomorrow but we have been having rain & heavy downpours for over a week now. They are saying mostly sun but chance of thunder showers in the afternoon. If it is nice they have the graduation outside. If not we are all herded into the community center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I love this shirt I need to get it on my next visit to AK.

You did a fantastic job taking fun pictures. They make me miss Disney even more. The tigers are fun to watch.

Great news about Cody. I know you must be proud.
Yeah that T shirt was cute. I am only 5 feet so they thought it was very appropriate for me. It was our first full day & I did not want to buy too much too early so I did not buy it.

Oh I could just stand there & watch them for hours. Of course my boys would not like that very much.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #157
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yeah that T shirt was cute. I am only 5 feet so they thought it was very appropriate for me. It was our first full day & I did not want to buy too much too early so I did not buy it.
I am 5'2, but my sister is shorter, maybe I should get her one also. AK is planned toward the end of our trip.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 06-08-2012, 09:22 AM   #158
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Well I have the day off today as it is graduation day for Cody!! The weather is iffy as they are saying possible thunder showers in the afternoon & evening. I am keeping fingers (& toes) crossed that we have it outside. I should be cleaning right now as I will have about 25 people walking through my hallway & kitchen getting food tomorrow. I am having my coffee so I thought I would get a little caught up on the Dis.

Cody & I had a go around last night when we could not agree on what he should wear under his graduation gown. Of course he does not want to wear a shirt & tie. I think it would look nice. I have a feeling he is going to wear what he wants.

Also his Iphone which he got for Christmas (not even 6 months ago) is not charging correctly & he went to AT&T yesterday & they said the warranty did NOT cover it. I am so MAD!!! Another $200.00 & not even 6 months.

Anyway I am looking forward to my sister & brother in law coming in from Mass. today & seeing everyone tomorrow.

I hope you all have a great weekend & I will probably post some pics of graduation on Sunday.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:26 AM   #159
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hope you had a wonderful time at graduation.

AT&T made us mad, too, when Chelsea's phone stopped working. She actually did some research and actually found out that HTC (who made her phone) covered the cost of repair. You may want to contact Apple directly and see if the same is true with the iphone.

Have a fun weekend with your family!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:11 PM   #160
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hope you had a wonderful time at graduation.

AT&T made us mad, too, when Chelsea's phone stopped working. She actually did some research and actually found out that HTC (who made her phone) covered the cost of repair. You may want to contact Apple directly and see if the same is true with the iphone.

Have a fun weekend with your family!
Thanks Jackie. I will check it out. I think we are going to try another store in the town next to us. My friend suggested it as it is a bigger store & more of a "head quarters" than the little kiosk at our local mall.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:26 PM   #161
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Question

Hi Doreen,
How did the graduation and party go?
We had some thunderstorms Friday night, but Saturday and today were great!
I hope the nice weather made its way to you....
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
10/2014 - Saratoga Springs

Old 06-10-2012, 08:26 PM   #162
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Hi Doreen!! How was Cody's graduation? The graduation at our high school was Friday night too & it got moved inside. Our kindergarteners went to lead the pledge of allegiance. They had to decide by mid-day, even though they didn't know if it would rain or not. We did get a little thunderstorm with some hail around 4:00-4:30 but then it wasn't bad. Zach ended up having his baseball game Friday night without any trouble. I think it was a tough night to predict!
Old 06-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #163
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Hi Doreen,
How did the graduation and party go?
We had some thunderstorms Friday night, but Saturday and today were great!
I hope the nice weather made its way to you....
The graduation was outside & we were SO lucky NO rain!! The school called all parents (instant alert) & said it would be outside but to be prepared for rain. I was thrilled it was outside because it was not limited to the number of people that could attend & it is better outside. We sat there watching & listening to the speakers & praying that the rain would hold off & it did!!
When we got home we had thunder, lightening & rain but we were home already.

Saturday was beautiful & the party was great!! Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves & Cody made out like a bandit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Hi Doreen!! How was Cody's graduation? The graduation at our high school was Friday night too & it got moved inside. Our kindergarteners went to lead the pledge of allegiance. They had to decide by mid-day, even though they didn't know if it would rain or not. We did get a little thunderstorm with some hail around 4:00-4:30 but then it wasn't bad. Zach ended up having his baseball game Friday night without any trouble. I think it was a tough night to predict!
Wow you got hail??? We did not get anything until about 9:30 that night when we were back home. We were very lucky. I kept looking at the clouds rolling in all afternoon & kept telling the sun to fight. Well it did because the sun came out a few times during the ceremony. Right when the ceremony started it came out.
In some of the pics I took the sky looked very scary!!

We had a great few days!

I will try to get some pics up.

Ok Here we go..........

A gown ready to be worn

The handsome graduate

With Grandma (my MIL)

With his girlfriend Savanna

DH, big brother Ryan & myself

My sis & brother in law

That is my rose tree in the background that everyone LOVED when they saw it

Continued in next post
Old 06-11-2012, 07:20 AM   #164
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

My 2 boys

Marching in

Got that diploma-Can you tell I was a little shaky

With his best friends (look at that sky)

His best friend & his sister (who Cody calls his brother & sister as they grew up together)

I have to get to work but will post pics later.

Old 06-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #165
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I can see you are a proud Mom in that family picture. So glad you guys had this special time with family and friends. Thanks for sharing it with your DIS pals.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: