Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
MerryJ
Earning My Ears

Picking up tickets?

We are planning our first trip to Disneyland at the end of May - just a few weeks! It all happened really fast after my husband found cheap airfare. WE had been talking about taking the kids to WDW sometime soon, and I have been reading about WDW on and off for the past couple of years. NOw all of the sudden we are going to a different place, and I have all these little details I don't know anything about!

We have ordered our Disneyland tickets from our travel agent, and have some kind of email voucher that must be presented to pick up our tickets when we get there.

We have purchased 5 day park hopper tickets, tentatively planning NOT to use them on the Tuesday when we arrive, and to go to the park Sunday before we leave. My husband is afraid that we will all be cranky and exhausted and jet lagged - and who wants to do something stressful with three cranky kids? (I am actually questioning the wisdom of this - the park should be quieter on the Tuesday than the Sunday, right?)

Assuming we do skip going into the park on Tuesday, can we still pick up our tickets on Tuesday, even if we aren't using them until the next day without using up a day of our tickets?

Our First Trip to Disneyland Trip Report
MerryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
nannyz
DIS Veteran

I don't think you are charged for a day until you go through the turnstile at the entrance.
nannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

You can pick them up any day, you will not be "charged" until you actually use them. Where are you staying? If at a DLR hotel it is possible that they can change your vouchers to tickets, not sure as we usually have APs but you may want to ask. Your DH may be right, it may be a good idea to take the first day and relax at the hotel pool but you have a point, Tuesday will likely be less crowded than a Sunday.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

You should be able to pick up tickets any day of your visit. They won't be activated until your enter with your tickets.

Tuesday is likely to be slower. When you get to Anaheim it more likely you will want to walk around than sit still like you did on the plane, so you should keep the option of going to the parks that afternoon or evening wide open.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tickets

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: