Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
EandEmom
Earning My Ears

Smile Cruising out of Miami-Disneyworld????

Had a great time on the Wonder last June in Alaska...now decided to take the Wonder out of Miami next March......thinking of heading to WDW on return to Miami. Haven't seen much on the subject. Anyone think Disney is going to offer transfers??? I know it is pretty far away from WDW, but wishing to get the most out of one airplane ticket! Wondering what is best option to get there? Traveling from the West Coast. Any info is much appreciated!!!
EandEmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
dededisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EandEmom View Post
Had a great time on the Wonder last June in Alaska...now decided to take the Wonder out of Miami next March......thinking of heading to WDW on return to Miami. Haven't seen much on the subject. Anyone think Disney is going to offer transfers??? I know it is pretty far away from WDW, but wishing to get the most out of one airplane ticket! Wondering what is best option to get there? Traveling from the West Coast. Any info is much appreciated!!!
I wouldn't count on them having a transfer to Orlando, but who knows. Right now they are not even offering transfers to Fort Lauderdale which is not much farther than Miami airport! I have heard they are starting a waiting list to see if there is enough interest in a transfer to Ft. Lauderdale, but nothing has been confirmed yet.
dededisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

In April 2011, I flew to Orlando, spent several days at WDW, then rented a car from Alamo at the Dolphin for drop-off at the Ft. Lauderdale airport. Then I went on a Transatlantic cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. I paid less than $50 for a compact car.

If you don't already have your plane ticket, you could fly into Miami for the cruise, drive to WDW with a one-way rental, and then fly home from Orlando.
NancyIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:19 AM   #4
cruisinwithmaandpa
Happiness is being grandparents

It' about a 3 1/2 hour drive.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover. - Mark Twain
cruisinwithmaandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
lorimay
DIS Veteran

Hi!

I live in South Florida and drive to disney often.
Anyway, my daughter and myself and 2 grandkids are driving up next month.
My DH has to work the first couple days, so for grins and giggles I looked up to see how much a flight to Orlando will run for him to join us at the end of the week.

I was able to book him a flight on Spirit Airlines for $35.00 one way.

Its a total of 60 minutes from gate to gate. That is out of the FT Lauderdale airport.
lorimay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #6
wmharley
DIS Veteran

Location: Central-ish Florida. Roughly under an hour to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisinwithmaandpa View Post
It' about a 3 1/2 hour drive.
it be the same distance by bus or a rental.
the lack of using a smilie in any post of mine does NOT automatically mean the post was mean or in any way meant to offend you. Please do not be offended by anything I say and by the lack of a smilie.
wmharley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miami

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: