Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
mommy2paisley
DIS Veteran

Need hotel gift basket ideas for DD!

Thought some of you may have some ideas. I'm going to have a person do a gift basket for our hotel room for DD and DS. I plan on having her get an autograph book/pen and some other park things that we'll want right away but won't want to take the time out to buy right away.

I'd like to have something special in the basket for each park and that's where I need ideas. I was thinking a Passport thing for the countries in Epcot (though I really like the home-made kind better, so may have to make one and mail to her) and I saw somewhere where there used to be something similar for AK but it's no longer there? We plan on doing pressed pennies and I thought Disney had a pressed penny holder but can't find it online anywhere.

So, anyone have any suggestions for things DD can use while at Disney similar to what I've mentioned, hopefully for each of the four parks? And, anyone do a gift basket and have anything you can recommend that was a hit with your kiddos? DS will be 15 months old, so I plan on doing something very small-scale for him, but if you have any suggestions for him, I'd love to hear them!!!!

Next Disney vacation is two whole weeks starting Labor Day weekend!!!
mommy2paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
OurMinnieFamily
Mouseketeer

I'm doing a basket as well, although I will be giving it to my DD the night before we leave.

In my basket I have...

***autograph book and pen
***personalized tshirt
***pressed penny book
***M&M containers (large and small) one for quarters and one for Pennies. I used one of the dISigns form one of the great people here to decorate them
***Disposable cameras - I have 4 one for each park. I found them for $2 a piece at Michaels.
***Sunglasses
***Lanyard with starter pins
***Minifan
***Disney Princess ice packs (usually for fevers but thought it was cute for hot days)
***Travel sized game
***Glow sticks (pack of 15 for $1 at dollar store)
*** Disney princess hair set (headband, hair bands and 2 clips)
*** Princess Travel Kit, its a drawing kit I found at AC Moore for $2.00 and has 20 different activies and coloring items
***Minnie Mouse, Tinkerbell and Princess socks ( all from Michaels, $1 a pair)
*** Disney Wallet
***Disney Beach Towel w/ carrying bag (walgreens $12.99)

Thats everything I have I think. I'm giving things that are going to help with the travel time while we are on our way. I dont think I'm adding anything else. lol
OurMinnieFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

Actually looks like they do have collection books but you might have the person get them from DTD or something. http://www.parkpennies.com/penny-col...ctor-books.htm

What about some pins representing each park? Easy and small souvenir. I would consider some other fun things like a water bottle, lip balm and sunglasses.

For your DS, I'd look to get a plush toy, a Disney insulated hard spout sippy cup (you can get a 2 pack for cheap from Target or Wal-Mart in Toy Story or Cars theme), small ball with Disney theme (Target has smaller ones that are great), some snacks like Cheerios, pretzels or the like. Maybe some bubbles to use in the room.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:19 AM   #4
mummabear
DIS Veteran

We are only doing a small welcome basket in the room with personalised ear hats, autograph books and mickeys (although as it will be her actual birthday it will be decorated with balloons and signs. However for lunch with the princess they will both get a bag off goodies:
DD3 DD1
Proclamation, Letter from Fairy Godmother Proclamation, Letter from Fairy Godmother
Sash, Tiara Sash, Tiara
Stickers and Temp Tattoos Stickers and Temp Tattoos
Placemat Placemat
Chocolate Chocolate
Tiara Headband Tiara Headband
Glow sticks Glow sticks
Colouring pack Flounder? Teddy Bear
Make Up
Rings/stick on earrings
Princess handbook
Princess lollipops Princess lollipops

Last edited by mummabear; 05-09-2012 at 03:21 AM. Reason: wasnt finished
mummabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #5
McKelly
DIS Veteran

I see you are traveling at Thanksgiving. Check out Walgreens at that time. Last year, they had several holiday themed Disney novelties...light up wands, glow in the dark cups, pens, etc. I picked some up for the younger kids we were traveling with and they were a hit - and saved a ton of money! The mom didn't have to buy the pricey, Disney light up toys.

How about a new Disney swimsuit and towel for the pool?
Old 05-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #6
disneymomjcs
DIS Veteran

If you can get maps ahead of time they are great to put in the basket or order the free personalized one from Disney. It takes two to four weeks to arrive. Small bubbles containers like the kind they use at weddings are great to use while waiting outside in a long line. They entertain not only your kids but other kids and their parents will love..love you.

A mini flashlight depending on your child's age. Our daughter when she was four would use this in dark attractions. She would point it down in the boat on Pirates or Haunted Mansion. Not disturbing others... just enough to make her feel secure. Snacks like granola bars or nutrigran or their favorite item. Gum isn't sold on Disney property so put that in an older childs basket. Glow braclets or necklaces. You can get a tube of 25 necklaces at five below for $4.99. They are great in the dark they keep the kids busy and they are so inexpensive you can let your kids share the magic by sharing them with other kids.

If you have someone going to Disney ahead of you the Spinners are a great addition also. We have a Tinkerbell spinner that lights it is 10 1/2 years old. Every kid who comes to the house love it and it is a toy that get shared and passed around. They have Buzz Lightyear and many others.

Disney Gift Cards are a bonus! Hope your baskets turn out great! Show us pictures.
disneymomjcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
disney is my life
DIS Veteran

Here are some gift baskets I made for DD6

This one includes:
-glow sticks
-ariel sticker book and stickers
-princess bubble bath
-princess crayons
-cinderella colouring book
-beuty and the beast tattoos
-wand
-princess stick on earrings
-toy rings
-photo album

This one includes:
-tink leapster game
-wand
-tink crown
-tink body wash
-tink candy
-tink waterbottle
-tink sticker book
-tink book and playmat
-tink jump rope
-tink plush
-tink lanyard
-tink beach ball
-tink word search book
-tink goggles
-tink stickers
-tink flash cards
-coloured penicls

Good Luck with your DD's

My Photobucket (Disigns, Autograph Book pages & Covers) : http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/di...?sort=9&page=1
Personalized Autograph Book Cover Request Thread: http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/di...?sort=9&page=1

November 2011-All Star Movies
March 2013-POP Century
November 2013-Caribbean Beach Resort
March 2015-All Star Music / Royal Pacific
disney is my life is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: