Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #16
ScottishDisMam
Mouseketeer

It really wouldn't bother my husband as he is an officer on a ship and spends half of the year at sea, but not sure if my self and my son and daughter would be put off by it.
ScottishDisMam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #17
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasindisneyjen View Post
We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday, we had 7192 and 7194 AFT. The vibration was so terrible that we had to be moved. Neither cabin was able to sleep with the vibration. This was during SAILING, not during docking. We were at sea, we had not docked yet.

We had guest services come to our room to see it and they said that happens in the AFT rooms.

We booked these rooms 15 months in advance just to have that balcony and had to move, we were very sad, but sleeping took precedence.

I have been on 8 Disney cruises and had never experienced anything like that before.

Wow, I may have unknowingly saved my group from the same experience. I was going back and forth between those two rooms or a 4B/11a on deck 8. I finally went with the 4b/11a so that if our extra person backs out, we can just keep the 4b and drop the 11a.

It was hard to give up the thought of those verandahs so hearing this makes me feel better about my decision.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #18
FriendOfFanatic
Waiting for vacation

Our friends had Fantasy 7194 on the April 21 Fantasy Cruise and we had the room right above (8188). The only vibration or rumbling we felt was on docking. There was no vibration on sea days for our cruise. Either we are not as sensitive to the rumbling, or the ship was running a different prop RPM is my guess as to why we had no problem with that room and wish...jen did.
FriendOfFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #19
ScottishDisMam
Mouseketeer

I'm not sure if I should change now? Any advice?
Old 05-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #20
226ra
Mouseketeer

On the Fantasy, there is a clearly noticeable vibration (with minimal associated noise) in the aft of the ship on ALL decks. Near the bow, large waves hitting the hull while underway reverberate through the structure but are random and their presence depends on sea state (and this only affects outboard cabins, decreasing in annoyance with the higher floors). If given a choice, mid ship is most definitely the way to go. I go to sea for a living so these issues may not be something others pick up on.
226ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #21
DisneyDayDream
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

We loved our aft room on the Disney Dream (9174)! It was the best part of our trip. Great views, little wind...huge deck to move around...
Yes, there was vibration, but usually only when coming into port. No big deal. We always had to wake up early anyway to be somewhere. It woke me up, but the kids were so exhausted that they would always sleep through it.
DisneyDayDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #22
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamcruiser View Post
We just returned from a 3-night cruise on which we were assigned an Aft cabin. I know some posters are interested in finding out whether they are too noisy. After one night, we switched to a different cabin...it was not the noise factor, it was the vibrations that did us in. The bed vibrated the whole night, I assume from the engines. Even tho we were on an upper deck, it didn't seem to matter. And for those wondering about being wakened by the side thrusters during an early docking, we didn't even hear or feel that.
Every ship.......depending on sea conditions, wind, weather in general, water depht........RMP of the engine, ( even 1 Rpm cam make a difference).......will vibrate in different areas, but mostly aft.

This are not hotels on the ground, they are a moved living entity.

Sorry...that is part of cruising.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #23
maryliz
The Whoosh Fairy RULEs, the Bloat Fairy DROOLs!
(the tag fairy rules, too!)

We were on the Dream last year in 7168 ... the first night I did not sleep at all due to the "vibrating bed". In Nassau the next day, I told our friends who were seasoned DCL'ers that if I didn't sleep THAT night, it was going to officially be my first AND LAST cruise ever.

It was only really bad that very first night, although I think I tried to consume a little more wine before bed the rest of the nights.

We are booked on the Fantasy next year in 9152 so pretty much the same area of the ship, but hoping that being 2 decks higher will make a bit of a difference for us.

Never felt a thing during docking though.

Me DH DD DS
maryliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #24
ihatetexas
Earning My Ears

I am sure everybody has their own opinion, but I do prefer forward just becuase I like to feel I am near the front. Never even thought about the vibration issue.

i hate texas
ihatetexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #25
fatfish
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetexas View Post
i hate texas
Really? Do you live here (assuming its against your will) or just hate our great state from afar?
March 2009 at SSR Aug 2009 land/sea adventure SSR / DCL

Spring Break 2010 & 2011 at Animal Kingdom Christmas 2011 on the DCL!
2013 birthday cruise on the Disney Magic!

Me dd
fatfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #26
Sorcerer Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasindisneyjen View Post
We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday, we had 7192 and 7194 AFT. The vibration was so terrible that we had to be moved. Neither cabin was able to sleep with the vibration. This was during SAILING, not during docking. We were at sea, we had not docked yet.

We had guest services come to our room to see it and they said that happens in the AFT rooms.

We booked these rooms 15 months in advance just to have that balcony and had to move, we were very sad, but sleeping took precedence.

I have been on 8 Disney cruises and had never experienced anything like that before.
Was this the first night of your cruise? Reason I ask is that some seem to post the first night they feel vibration while sailing, but subsides after that. I have one of those rooms booked for June and am now second guessing my decision which was made because of that nice big balcony.

WDW: 2001, 2008, 2011 DL: 2002, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07,08, 09, 11, 12, 13 DCL: 6/15/08, our 1st Magical Cruise, DCL: 1/2/10, our 2nd MAGICal Cruise, DCL: 1/2/12, our 3rd WONDERful Cruise,; DCL: 6/23/12 our FANTASY cruise, DCL: 8/4/14 WONDERful Alaskan Adventure
Sorcerer Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #27
mjustin
Earning My Ears

We were in room 5166, and the vibration in the bed was horrible the first night! We decided to give it one more night before complaining because we really liked the location of our room. The vibration was fine for the rest of the cruise. But holycow that first night was a doozie.
mjustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #28
wishiwasindisneyjen
Earning My Ears

Yes, it was the first night of our cruise and into the next day. We moved around 3:30 on our sea day. Kind of makes me wish I gave it another night, but it was so bad that first night, we just couldn't risk another night of no sleep.
wishiwasindisneyjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #29
ScottishDisMam
Mouseketeer

Oh well, after much thought I've changed from these staterooms. Now I'm worrying about the new ones !5534 and 5536. Anyone any thoughts on these?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:18 AM   #30
dreamcruiser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
Which ship were you on? We were in 9162 Aft on the Dream and didn't have any vibration in our room.
We were on the Dream, in stateroom 9170. I'll have to look up the location of your cabin and compare it with ours.
dreamcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: