Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 09:16 AM   #91
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie'sGrandma View Post
I think I need to get my own screen name on here instead of using my wife's all the time.
Chris
oh come on, it is fun to be confused

Ok so are we closed Just trying to get a count so we can get started. I admit, I've been preoccupied with booking our Alaska May 2014 trip! I need to get back into the May 2013 trip first

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #92
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

Can you remove us from FE.? It's our first and I just feel its too much for us.

Disney All Star Movies May 2009
Disney Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Disney Coronado Springs/Dream Cruise May 2013
Booked for Fantasy August 2014
yaddakal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #93
leschrisemy
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

I have sad news.... My family and I have decided to wait another year or two to take our daughter on a cruise. We have had to place her in daycare, so we are not in the right financial situation to take a cruise at this time.

Please take our room number 9580 off the group exchange. I hope you all have a wonderful time on the cruise!

Leslie
leschrisemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 AM   #94
Kenzie'sGrandma
Earning My Ears

Final FE list

Quote:
Hi all. Here is the latest updated Fish Extender list.

Room 6514
Stephanie 40 (5.10.13)
Oliver 4
Nana Carol

Room 6526
Courtney 29
Matthew 30
Jordan 3 (5.10.13)

Room 8510
Barb 58
Chris 45
Josie 9
Ellie 9
Molly 8

Room 8684
Arrianne 26 (5.10.13)
Dave 30

Tom
Heather
Bethany 8

Neil 37
Sandy 37
Makayla 10
Allison 5

Room 9174
Shawn 36
Crystal 35
Christian 9
Ava 6

Brian
Heather

Final updated list. Any thoughts on a get together. Was thinking the Wave Bar prior to setting sail.

Chris

Last edited by Kenzie'sGrandma; 03-10-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Kenzie'sGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #95
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

I'd love to. I have no idea where that is or when we can get there. I get to do my online stuff this weekend (my date is the 23rd, does that mean I can stay up Friday night and do it at midnight?).

Anyone planning excursions? What are you guys doing? I'm thinking of the blue lagoon dolphin encounter in Nassau.

Also does anyone know how rebooking works on board? If I sign up for another 3 night, we get $100 obc for that cruise but what if later I switch it to a 7 night, will we get $200 or be stuck with just the $100?

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
Old 02-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #96
Kenzie'sGrandma
Earning My Ears

Not planning any excrusions at this time. We have done the parasailing and also the stingray adventure on the private island, The grandchildren just loved it. Yes you should be able to do your online check in at midnight, that is what we did when we did our check in. when you do your on board reservation for a cruise you not only get the obc you will also get 10 or 20 percent off the price of your cruise. I am not sure of the exact percentage. As far as changing the length of cruise and credit, that I am not sure of. But if you post on main board I am sure someone will be able to answer your question. Good luck and am looking forward to meeting everyone

Barb
Old 02-22-2013, 07:01 AM   #97
crichardson11
Mouseketeer

We're not booking any excursions either but I'm so excited that I'm sure ill stay up late and register tonight.

I'm game for a meet.
crichardson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #98
crichardson11
Mouseketeer

All checked in!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #99
mattcrimson
Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy

All checked in!! Can't wait first disney cruise
All Star Sports 2007-All Star Sports 2008-All Star Sports 2009-Pop Century 2011-Boardwalk 2012-Pop Century 2013-Boardwalk 2013 Disney Dream & Wilderness Lodge 2014-Disney Dream & Port Orleans Riverside
mattcrimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:11 AM   #100
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele View Post
I'd love to. I have no idea where that is or when we can get there. I get to do my online stuff this weekend (my date is the 23rd, does that mean I can stay up Friday night and do it at midnight?).

Anyone planning excursions? What are you guys doing? I'm thinking of the blue lagoon dolphin encounter in Nassau.

Also does anyone know how rebooking works on board? If I sign up for another 3 night, we get $100 obc for that cruise but what if later I switch it to a 7 night, will we get $200 or be stuck with just the $100?
I did the Blue Lagoon dolphin swim in 1999, and at the time it was a great experience! I don't know if it has changed at all, but I loved it.

This time I am not booking anything in Nassau. We will get off the ship and probably walk around for a little while, but nothing major planned. I would rather enjoy some time on the ship. We also have massages booked for that afternoon onboard.

On CC, we did the stingray excursion in 2006. I had no intentions of doing it again this trip, but my DS(now 12, then 5), who does not even know we are going on this cruise, mentioned just recently how he was mad at himself for getting scared and not participating in the stingray experience (we were having a general discussion on missed opportunities in life ). So now with that knowledge, I decided to book it. Then I was looking some more at the excursions and decided just to book that 4 in 1 thing (bike rental, floats, snorkel equipment and the stingray encounter). I figure this way we are covered for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crichardson11 View Post
All checked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcrimson View Post
All checked in!! Can't wait first disney cruise

Quote:
Not planning any excrusions at this time. We have done the parasailing and also the stingray adventure on the private island, The grandchildren just loved it. Yes you should be able to do your online check in at midnight, that is what we did when we did our check in. when you do your on board reservation for a cruise you not only get the obc you will also get 10 or 20 percent off the price of your cruise. I am not sure of the exact percentage. As far as changing the length of cruise and credit, that I am not sure of. But if you post on main board I am sure someone will be able to answer your question. Good luck and am looking forward to meeting everyone

Barb
Thanks for organizing the FE and keeping this thread going! I actually didn't sign up for it - I wasn't sure if I would have the time. But if you still have an opening, let me know!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #101
pequele

Yup all checked in too. Anyone coming from the resorts on bus?

We got the blue lagoon dolphins. My son will be thrilled (Nana will be observing ahaha). I think it will still give us time to get back to the boat for some time there. We got the morning time so a little time with the dolphins then a little beach time and then I believe it is pirate night correct?

What time are we thinking meet up? I know we got the 11 am check in but of course we are at the mercy of the bus transfers. We do want time to explore too of course.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #102
crichardson11
Mouseketeer

Hello everybody! I have something to run by the FE Group. I am first to say that I was anxiously awaiting a closing date on the FE group because I wanted a "final count" so I could wrap up my gifts. I am an over planner and feel the need to have it packed a month in advance

However, I think that 5 cabins is a really small group. What does the group think of opening it back up until we reach a desired number of cabins? My personal preference would be 10-12. I have been talking with chigbe on Facebook and her feelings are mutual. She is going to start a cruise meet on facebook for anyone that is interested.

Thoughts?
Old 02-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #103
pequele

Quote:
Originally Posted by crichardson11
Hello everybody! I have something to run by the FE Group. I am first to say that I was anxiously awaiting a closing date on the FE group because I wanted a "final count" so I could wrap up my gifts. I am an over planner and feel the need to have it packed a month in advance

However, I think that 5 cabins is a really small group. What does the group think of opening it back up until we reach a desired number of cabins? My personal preference would be 10-12. I have been talking with chigbe on Facebook and her feelings are mutual. She is going to start a cruise meet on facebook for anyone that is interested.

Thoughts?
Personally I don't want to say let's wait until we have 10-12 cabins simply because the gifts we are making take time to make. I am a single mom and Nana is helping with making the FEs. We've bought supplies already for our gifts. I can't wait until just a month before we leave for a final count, constantly having to go out to get more supplies. There is nothing wrong with having another group, some ships apparently when their groups are very large split them. Sometimes people belong to more than one group on those ships. So could I propose having a second group and allow people who want more FE exchanges to be a part of both groups? I don't think people should be turned away, but also no one spoke up about the cut off being an issue until after the fact. My vote is to open another group and if people in this one want to be a part of both then do that since no one originally had an issue with closing the group on Feb 15.

Old 02-25-2013, 09:00 AM   #104
chigbe
Earning My Ears

I have started a group 2 fish extenders on facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/158370484318193/ Anyone who didn't make the cut off or wants to join a 2nd group may. Please don't feel like anyone needs to join a second group. Just thought it would be a great option for late cruisers who weren't able to join this group.
chigbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #105
chigbe
Earning My Ears

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/158370484318193/
This is 2nd group that is open now for the fish extender
chigbe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: