Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #61
psherman
Earning My Ears

Just refresh my memory. We give gifts for the three days to the 10 groups? Or just one day? lol I'm not sure if I will have enough time to get gifts together. But I'm sure my daughter would love the experience of coming back to our cabin to a bunch of goodies. What are simple or easy ideas? My guess would be 10 cabins * approx 4 people a cabin=40 people *3 days=120 gifts?! Or am I confused? lol

Any help with allowing me to understand this is welcome
psherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #62
crichardson11
Mouseketeer

Welcome!

Our group really hasn't specified a set of rules. I can tell you that I plan on giving one gift to each person (not per day but in total). Sounds like some people deliver multiple days though and just give smaller items. I've also read that some give to all participants and others give one gift per cabin. I can tell you that i'm game for anything. Excited for the FE experience & our first cruise!!!
crichardson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2013, 11:18 AM   #63
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!!! I am SOOOOO excited...I just booked this cruise after having it on hold for three days and I haven't told anyone!! I'm planning on making this a total surprise for my family!! I hope I can pull this off!

Ok, so we are going to WDW in August (PTR here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...ht=family-moon)

Our kids have off from school on May 9th and 10th, and we originally were considering going to WDW then and having them miss Wednesday and Monday. Then Sandy hit and they were out of school for 9 days, so we were in danger of having to use the 9th and 10th as make-up days, and there is no way I can pull them for four days. So, given our various schedules and the fact that I won't go to WDW during Spring or Winter breaks, we were left with the end of August, which we've done a number of times and we like, despite the heat. And the bonus was being able to stay 10 days instead of 6.

So the planning began....and man, it is so far off! We started saying we need to do some kind of getaway before then, and started looking at maybe doing a few days in Boston or DC, etc (we are in NY), DS (16) is a junior and needs to start visiting schools, etc., but nothing concrete. So the other day out of the blue, it hit me that if the timing was right, maybe we could do a three night DCL trip. I looked it up and sure enough, there was one leaving the 9th!! Then I figured the price and air would kill the plan as I had looked at various cruise options for the April break and they were way too expensive for right now. Well, I couldn't believe how inexpensive the air was, and on top of all of this, I was able to save almost $4,000 on our August trip by using points for most of our air and I got a deal through *** (details are in my PTR).

So, long story (at least in my head ) short, I just booked it - we have two cabins on deck 8. One is a DOV with verandah and the other is an inside across the hall. OMG, I am so excited and you are the only people I can tell!!!

So, a few quick questions and then I need to read up on these boards...the last time I was on DCL was in 2006 and a lot has changed since then! This will be my 4th DCL cruise. I admittedly have not spent a ton of time looking just yet, but it used to be that if you flew into MCO, you got DME to the port. Now it looks like you need to book your air through DCL in order to get that option, is that correct? And I did not choose air as an option when I booked, but how can I go back and price it? And does anyone know the price of the transfers?

Oh, and as for my concern regarding the possibility of those days not being off from school, I've decided just missing the two that were originally scheduled will be ok and we most likely won't have to make them up anyway.

Can't wait to catch up on this thread and get to know you all!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #64
chigbe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by psherman View Post
Just refresh my memory. We give gifts for the three days to the 10 groups? Or just one day? lol I'm not sure if I will have enough time to get gifts together. But I'm sure my daughter would love the experience of coming back to our cabin to a bunch of goodies. What are simple or easy ideas? My guess would be 10 cabins * approx 4 people a cabin=40 people *3 days=120 gifts?! Or am I confused? lol

Any help with allowing me to understand this is welcome
I am planning on also giving each person in the room a gift. Since it is a shorter cruise I am only planning on delivering everything in 1 day. Some people do one gift per cabin, and I don't think our group has set a rule. I can give you some examples of what I have done so far. Bottle caps, key chains, and some jewerly. I don't want to give away any more suprises. Some examples that would be easy to make: personalized book marks, stationary, magnets. Have you visited Fish Extender group on facebook? It has some great projects. Another suggestion something simple from where you live. Another idea that I seen is buying the matte for 8x10 pictures for each cabin. You would deliver this on day 1 and attach a note for everyone to drop off at customer service and the characters would sign the matte. Everyone would then have a autographed matte to put a picture in. I would love this as a gift. Hope this helps
chigbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #65
chigbe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Hi Everyone!!! I am SOOOOO excited...I just booked this cruise after having it on hold for three days and I haven't told anyone!! I'm planning on making this a total surprise for my family!! I hope I can pull this off!

Ok, so we are going to WDW in August (PTR here: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...ht=family-moon)

Our kids have off from school on May 9th and 10th, and we originally were considering going to WDW then and having them miss Wednesday and Monday. Then Sandy hit and they were out of school for 9 days, so we were in danger of having to use the 9th and 10th as make-up days, and there is no way I can pull them for four days. So, given our various schedules and the fact that I won't go to WDW during Spring or Winter breaks, we were left with the end of August, which we've done a number of times and we like, despite the heat. And the bonus was being able to stay 10 days instead of 6.

So the planning began....and man, it is so far off! We started saying we need to do some kind of getaway before then, and started looking at maybe doing a few days in Boston or DC, etc (we are in NY), DS (16) is a junior and needs to start visiting schools, etc., but nothing concrete. So the other day out of the blue, it hit me that if the timing was right, maybe we could do a three night DCL trip. I looked it up and sure enough, there was one leaving the 9th!! Then I figured the price and air would kill the plan as I had looked at various cruise options for the April break and they were way too expensive for right now. Well, I couldn't believe how inexpensive the air was, and on top of all of this, I was able to save almost $4,000 on our August trip by using points for most of our air and I got a deal through *** (details are in my PTR).

So, long story (at least in my head ) short, I just booked it - we have two cabins on deck 8. One is a DOV with verandah and the other is an inside across the hall. OMG, I am so excited and you are the only people I can tell!!!

So, a few quick questions and then I need to read up on these boards...the last time I was on DCL was in 2006 and a lot has changed since then! This will be my 4th DCL cruise. I admittedly have not spent a ton of time looking just yet, but it used to be that if you flew into MCO, you got DME to the port. Now it looks like you need to book your air through DCL in order to get that option, is that correct? And I did not choose air as an option when I booked, but how can I go back and price it? And does anyone know the price of the transfers?

Oh, and as for my concern regarding the possibility of those days not being off from school, I've decided just missing the two that were originally scheduled will be ok and we most likely won't have to make them up anyway.

Can't wait to catch up on this thread and get to know you all!
Welcome aboard Glad to have you and your family cruising. What a wonderful suprise for you family. Hope your secret stays safe.
Old 01-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #66
ty_n_cy
Early Summer Dreaming...

Hi everybody... after bouncing around and finally settling on May 9th for our cruise date... we're finally booked.

This will be our 3rd Disney Dream Cruise... and my wife and I took a 2 day cruise on the Magic out of NYC last August.

We'd love to participate in the Fish Extender. Our information is below.

Chuck - 34
Tiffany - 32
Tyler - 13
Madison - 7
Brielle - 6

We look forward to getting to know many of you before, during and after the cruise. We've made several friends from previous cruises. If you've got a Facebook group, please let us know. It's a great way to stay in contact in addition to the DIS Boards.

Below is a link to our most recent video from our Disney World and Dream Cruise last May.

http://youtu.be/Ph-qDVZMSG0

CY

ty_n_cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #67
Mike2023
DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone,

Just thought I would join up. We are splitting up our Disney trip with this cruise. It will be my DD (8) first cruise and she is excited to see the kids clubs. She is going on an on about how she is going to ditch mommy and daddy so we can have adult time. LoL. At least she is excited.

{1997 - July - CBR (First Trip)}{1999 - July - Off site}{2005 - June - Off site (Honeymoon)}{2006 - May - Off site (1 Year Anniversary)}
{2008 - April - AKL (3 Year Anniversary)}{2009 - May - AKL,POLY,POR (4 Year Anniversary/DD first Trip)}{2010 - Jan - BLT,AKV,POLY}
{2010 - Oct - BLT,BCV,AKL}{2011 - Aug - AKL}{2012 - Jun - PCC3.0,AKL,BCV}{2013 - May - AKL,DCL}{2013 - Oct - POP}{2014 - Mar - AOA,BLT,DCL}
{2015 - Feb - BWV (Daytonay500)}{2015 - Oct - Offsite,DCL,US (10th Anniversary)}
Mike2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #68
chigbe
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_n_cy View Post
Hi everybody... after bouncing around and finally settling on May 9th for our cruise date... we're finally booked.

This will be our 3rd Disney Dream Cruise... and my wife and I took a 2 day cruise on the Magic out of NYC last August.

We'd love to participate in the Fish Extender. Our information is below.

Chuck - 34
Tiffany - 32
Tyler - 13
Madison - 7
Brielle - 6

We look forward to getting to know many of you before, during and after the cruise. We've made several friends from previous cruises. If you've got a Facebook group, please let us know. It's a great way to stay in contact in addition to the DIS Boards.

Below is a link to our most recent video from our Disney World and Dream Cruise last May.

http://youtu.be/Ph-qDVZMSG0

CY
Welcome... It is also our 3rd cruise. We are so excited about meeting everyone and of course our fish extender gifts. No group on facebook so far. I am a member of several fish extender groups, homemade disney and a graphic group on fb to get wonder ideas. The graphic group has just recently started and you can print free downloads for magnets, etc. that people create.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #69
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chigbe View Post
Welcome... It is also our 3rd cruise. We are so excited about meeting everyone and of course our fish extender gifts. No group on facebook so far. I am a member of several fish extender groups, homemade disney and a graphic group on fb to get wonder ideas. The graphic group has just recently started and you can print free downloads for magnets, etc. that people create.
that is so funny! I joined the graphics page today! I am Ollie'nSteph ahaha. I love the work people do! I am TRYING a few things with PS (photoshop) but I don't have a lot of time nor idea of what I am doing as I am new to PS!

Right now I am so torn. One side of me is so excited for our 1st Disney cruise and our trip in May, the other side is ready to cancel! Truly the only thing right now keeping me from cancelling is the money invested in the cruise and our flights (I have DVC and APs so no really cost there lost). I have a 4 yo terror on my hands who is driving me absolutely mad to the point where I even packed up all his toys this weekend and shipped em down to the basement! Seriously he was in time out ALLLLLLLL weekend! I am so sad he's making me want to cancel my birthday trip!

Ok sorry for my vent. I just wish I could get back to feeling excited about our trip.

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
pequele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:27 PM   #70
ty_n_cy
Early Summer Dreaming...

... and just as quickly as we decided on this cruise, we've decided to change it to a 4 day cruise instead. Sorry we won't get to meet any of you.

Enjoy your cruise!

CY

ty_n_cy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:47 PM   #71
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Everyone's been so quiet here...is anyone else who is silver looking forward to online registration tonight??? I am so excited - here's hoping I don't fall asleep before midnight

I finished the first draft of my surprise planner for this trip. I am making a mini-planner to use to surprise the family. I will probably change a few of the pictures and some of the wording, but if you are interested it's at the end of my PTR (link is in sig line).

Has anyone made any plans of what they want to do for this trip?

Old 02-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #72
pequele
Some people think they are cool because they can hide behind a screen! Don't choke on it!

I'm a lowly 1st timer and have to wait until the 23 for check in what time can we do that? Right at midnight?

We only want to do an excursion in Nassau figuring CC we will be fine at the beach. Is there shopping at CC? I imagine so since it is basically a Disney theme park but I figured I'd ask ahaha.

DL: '77,'88,'89,'90,'98, 2/12-WDW:CBR-pirate room, 12/12: AKV-Kidani , 5/13 AKV-Jambo and Kidani split with a DCL 3 night Bahamian Cruise on the Dream, 10/13 AKV-Kidani, 5/14 Alaskan 9 Night Cruise on the Wonder 10/14 B2B 4 nighters on the Dream including a double dip at Castaway Cay 7/15 Baltic 12 Nighter including Germany
Old 02-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #73
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequele
I'm a lowly 1st timer and have to wait until the 23 for check in what time can we do that? Right at midnight?

We only want to do an excursion in Nassau figuring CC we will be fine at the beach. Is there shopping at CC? I imagine so since it is basically a Disney theme park but I figured I'd ask ahaha.
Yes you can do it right at midnight. There is shopping on CC, mainly beach type stuff - toys, towels, t-shirts and hats, etc.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #74
pequele

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Yes you can do it right at midnight. There is shopping on CC, mainly beach type stuff - toys, towels, t-shirts and hats, etc.
Sweet thanks...do you know, are there pins for collecting? Priorities ya know

Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #75
yaddakal
Mouseketeer

Getting excited ... We are also able to book stuff 2/23 !

Disney All Star Movies May 2009
Disney Port Orleans Riverside 2010
Disney Coronado Springs/Dream Cruise May 2013
Booked for Fantasy August 2014
yaddakal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: