Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 04:05 PM   #31
momteacher
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2tati View Post
I'm ileana cinn morales on FB
I requested to be your friend. You will see a request from me - Cathy Padden Lazas. I am trying to establish the secret group on FB. It is asking that invite friends. I believe you can only be invited into the group if you are friends with one of the members of the group. SO if anyone else on our sailing would like to join the "Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy August 24 - 31, 2013" group, request to be my friend.
momteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #32
celocey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrykerr View Post
Welcome J&K! That would be great if you want to organize the FE. We've got lots of time.

Has anybody ever been to the islands on our itinerary before?
Kerrykerr, my husband and I took this itinerary 3 years ago on the Magic. Loved it! St. Maarten was great since you could just walk off the ship and into town. There are beaches right there as well.
St. Thomas you could walk into Charlotte Amalie, but it's a little far. I would suggest a taxi or tram if they have those.
Castaway Cay was by far our favorite port. We spent most of our time on the Adults only beach but we did the Stingray adventure which I would highly recommend. I was hoping Disney would continue the 5 night cruise with two stops to Castaway Cay but alas they did not.
Disney Fantasy - Eastern Caribbean 2013
DVC Member since 2000
celocey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #33
celocey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momteacher View Post
Kerry-

Yes. We were on the Fantasy. It is a BEAUTIFUL ship! I can't say anything bad about it!

I am not EXACTLY sure how the magnet exchange works since I never did one, but what I gathered on the boards is that the FE gift is some sort of magnet. If anyone knows more that me, PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. I did get a few magnets as FE gifts last month and I really enjoyed them! I think the magnets would be much easier to pack to bring on and off the ship. I just did another search about a magnet exchange and didn't find that much more info. I will do some more research since we have time and let you know what I discover.
I would be up for a magnet/FE exchange. The FE gifts can get out of control and take up a lot of space so the magnet idea is appealing. Can I suggest giving a magnet that represents the area/state you live? I am in Ohio, so my immediate thought is a Buckeye themed magnet. Another idea is we could pick a theme, such as a Pirate theme, and give magnets relating to that??? Just a suggestion!

Carol
Disney Fantasy - Eastern Caribbean 2013
DVC Member since 2000
celocey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:15 PM   #34
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Hello. We just booked this cruise about 10 days ago while aboard the Dream for a 5-night cruise (CC double-dip). It is myself, DW (we'll both be 41 at the time of cruise), DS (11 at time of cruise), and DD (8 at time of cruise). I'll be looking forward to seeing the differences between the Dream & Fantasy.
Old 09-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #35
mommy2tati
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745 View Post
Hello. We just booked this cruise about 10 days ago while aboard the Dream for a 5-night cruise (CC double-dip). It is myself, DW (we'll both be 41 at the time of cruise), DS (11 at time of cruise), and DD (8 at time of cruise). I'll be looking forward to seeing the differences between the Dream & Fantasy.
Welcome!

I just got off the Magic on Sunday & can't wait until our Fantasy trip next year!

April 2009 - Disney Wonder
August 2011 - Disney Dream
February 2012 - Disney Dream
August 2012 - Disney Magic
August 2013 - Disney Fantasy Eastern
mommy2tati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #36
mcd2745
You're only young once, but you have your whole life to be immature!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2tati View Post
Welcome!

I just got off the Magic on Sunday & can't wait until our Fantasy trip next year!

Thanks.

We seriously considered the Magic cruise out of NYC that you were just on since we live here in NYC. However, in the end, we decided we wanted to be on one of the new ships and the two visits to CC really appealed to us. Combine those reasons with the fact that even with airfare and spending a few nights in Orlando after the cruise at the Renaissance (and visiting Seaworld and Aquatica) it was still cheaper than the NYC/Magic cruise...it was an easy choice.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #37
mommy2tati
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd2745

Thanks.

We seriously considered the Magic cruise out of NYC that you were just on since we live here in NYC. However, in the end, we decided we wanted to be on one of the new ships and the two visits to CC really appealed to us. Combine those reasons with the fact that even with airfare and spending a few nights in Orlando after the cruise at the Renaissance (and visiting Seaworld and Aquatica) it was still cheaper than the NYC/Magic cruise...it was an easy choice.
We've actually done the Dream twice and the Wonder once before we sailed the Magic. I had considered going on the Fantasy this year but it was actually cheaper for us to do the NYC cruise. I couldn't pass up the convenience. We had a great time.

Old 09-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #38
kerrykerr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momteacher View Post
I requested to be your friend. You will see a request from me - Cathy Padden Lazas. I am trying to establish the secret group on FB. It is asking that invite friends. I believe you can only be invited into the group if you are friends with one of the members of the group. SO if anyone else on our sailing would like to join the "Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy August 24 - 31, 2013" group, request to be my friend.
I just sent a friend request to you. I hope this works! Let me know if you got it.
kerrykerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #39
momteacher
Earning My Ears

Facebook page

If you would like to join the Facebook page for our cruise, let me know!
momteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #40
healeylvr
Mouseketeer

Hello fellow cruisers we are a family group of 9 in 3 cabins on this cruise.We booked onboard while on the july 7-14 eastern cruise this year and this will be our 10th DCL cruise.Members are myself Chris DW Carol DD Melissa and her DH Nic DS Lukas and our DD Carol her DS Mike DS Matthew DD Mikayla. I see several members of our last cruise are here and look fotward to seeing them as well as all that are in this group.We would be interested in joining the facebook group and the F/E activity.We did F/E on last trip and it was a lot of fun we enjoyed the gifts as well as setting up and distributing them.We have stayed in St.Thomas several times and love the island there are many day excursions to enjoy. I will try to supply some links and recommendations in future posts for those interested.As for St.Marten we were there only one time on a cruise and went on a pirate ship excursion thru DCL it was ok but I wouldn't do it again.I would like to go to the beach at the end of the airport that looks to be a unique experience.
healeylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #41
baleeve
"I want adventure in the great wide somewhere -- I want it more than I can tell

FB add and FE request

Hi All,

I just booked two cabins on this cruise. My 20 yr DS, 10 yr DS, 8 yr DS and myself in one cabin and a very good friend and his 10 yr DD and 8 yr DD in the other. We are celebrating 3 birthdays and my 4th anniversary of remission from Stage IV cancer. Lots to celebrate!! All 5 kids are SUPER excited and I know they will be over the moon. To add to the excitement I just love the FE idea and would love to participate. My boys I know for a fact will LOVE to come back and find little gifts.

I would also love to be added to the FB group. My FB ID is Kelli Kelly. It is me with my face painted like the chesire cat. Believe it or not there are many Kelli Kelly's on Facebook.

Thanks all. Looking forward to meeting new friends!

Kelli
Massachusetts
baleeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:15 AM   #42
Aneille
I am still looking for mafia members
And why don't boys play ringette?

I'd like to join this group too.

We did this same cruise in 2012 and booked it again for 2013.

Can't wait!!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #43
BelleBway
Spreading Sparkly Purple Pixie Dust

Just told my nieces that I am taking them on this cruise next summer! This will be our 3rd DCL cruise together and we definitely want to be participate in the FE.

So. Excited!!!
WDW: 1976, 1985, 1986: Offsite | 1990: Disney Inn/ Big Red Boat | 1992: CBR | 1995: Dixie Landings | 1996: Poly | 1997: Offsite | Apr 1998: BW | July 1998: ASMu | Dec 1998: BC/ Disney Magic | June 1999: ASMu/ Contemporary Tower | Dec 1999: WL/ Contemporary Tower | 2000: CBR/ POFQ/ CSR | 2003: Contemporary Tower | 2009: AKL with the nieces| 2011: Disney Dream/ GF with the nieces | 2013: Poly with the nieces | 2014: Pop

DLP: 1992, 1993, 1996, 1997, 2000
TDR: 1993, 2002, 2005, 2012
HKDL: 2007, 2010, 2013
DL: a bunch of times I can't remember, 2000, 2010, 2011
BelleBway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:44 PM   #44
mommy2tati
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by healeylvr View Post
Hello fellow cruisers we are a family group of 9 in 3 cabins on this cruise.We booked onboard while on the july 7-14 eastern cruise this year and this will be our 10th DCL cruise.Members are myself Chris DW Carol DD Melissa and her DH Nic DS Lukas and our DD Carol her DS Mike DS Matthew DD Mikayla. I see several members of our last cruise are here and look fotward to seeing them as well as all that are in this group.We would be interested in joining the facebook group and the F/E activity.We did F/E on last trip and it was a lot of fun we enjoyed the gifts as well as setting up and distributing them.We have stayed in St.Thomas several times and love the island there are many day excursions to enjoy. I will try to supply some links and recommendations in future posts for those interested.As for St.Marten we were there only one time on a cruise and went on a pirate ship excursion thru DCL it was ok but I wouldn't do it again.I would like to go to the beach at the end of the airport that looks to be a unique experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baleeve View Post
Hi All,

I just booked two cabins on this cruise. My 20 yr DS, 10 yr DS, 8 yr DS and myself in one cabin and a very good friend and his 10 yr DD and 8 yr DD in the other. We are celebrating 3 birthdays and my 4th anniversary of remission from Stage IV cancer. Lots to celebrate!! All 5 kids are SUPER excited and I know they will be over the moon. To add to the excitement I just love the FE idea and would love to participate. My boys I know for a fact will LOVE to come back and find little gifts.

I would also love to be added to the FB group. My FB ID is Kelli Kelly. It is me with my face painted like the chesire cat. Believe it or not there are many Kelli Kelly's on Facebook.

Thanks all. Looking forward to meeting new friends!

Kelli
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aneille View Post
I'd like to join this group too.

We did this same cruise in 2012 and booked it again for 2013.

Can't wait!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleBway View Post
Just told my nieces that I am taking them on this cruise next summer! This will be our 3rd DCL cruise together and we definitely want to be participate in the FE.

So. Excited!!!
Welcome all!

Old 01-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #45
chisafam
Earning My Ears

Hi there!

We're the Chisas - Rick, Holly, and our daughters Angela and Maggie (11 and 7 at time of sailing.) Very excited to meet you all! We've done one Disney cruise, and can't wait to sail with all of you in August! We definitely would like to participate in the FE's, exchanges, etc, as we really enjoyed them on the last trip. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Holly
Cruise #1 - Disney Wonder Repositioning, Vancouver to LA, Sept 20
Cruise #2 - Disney Fantasy Carribean Aug 2013
Cruise #3 - Disney Magic Caribbean Jan 2015
Cruise #4 - Disney Magic Caribbean Aug 2015
Cruise #5 - Disney Fantasy Western Aug 2015
chisafam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: