DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
supersuperwendy
any happy little thought?

Waitlist Support Group...who want's to join?

I know I can't be the only one longing for my waitlist to come though! Do you log into the member website daily to see if it came through? I do!!! Do you have just one that would make your dreams come true or do you have two to give you a better shot of getting out of the resort you are booked at?

If this sounds like you.... join my support group!

I cancelled one waitlist last night and created a new one! I'm hoping beyond hope to get a standard view studio at BWV oct. 29 - nov. 1. It's a long shot at best and I know...but boy would I love some pixie dust!

what are you hoping to get???
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

supersuperwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
bakenatj
Mouseketeer

I am on a wait list for July 4th - 11th at OKW for a 2br near HH. I have a 2 br reservation already but would like to be near the HH. No big deal if I don't get it but we are bringing our two nieces, which will be their first time staying on property so we would like to be close to the main pool. Doesn't hurt to try!

1985 DL, 1989 DL, 2001 DL, 2003 WDW, 2004 DL, 2005 WDW, 2006 WDW, 2008 CSR, 2009 AKV-K, 2010 BLT, 2011 OKW, 2012 OKW, 2013 Aulani, 2013 DL, 2013 SSR, 2013 VGF.
bakenatj is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

We have the the second half of our split stay at OKW. I love it there and am excited to stay there, but my kids really want AKV because they have never stayed there. I'm hoping it comes through for them and even told them to keep the waitlist until 7 days before check-in. 5 points would be put into holding and then not used, but it's a small price to pay for happy boys.I used to check once a day, but that was closer to my 7 mo booking window, as lots of people were moving around. I still check a couple of times a week, but my guess is, if we get it, it won't be until closer to our trip.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
cbnsoul
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

One of my waitlists, BCV for 1 day at the end of our trip, came through a few weeks ago. Now I'm hoping for 1 day to come through at VWL for 1 day in October otherwise we'll have to move 3 times in 6 days!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
iluveeyore
DIS Veteran

I stalked my waitlist every day for the last month, and then....2 weeks before we go I got an email saying my waitlist came through!! So hang in there - we were at SSR in a studio for a week, and I was finally able to get my AKV savannah view studio and I couldn't be more excited! I love SSR, but I'm going in August with my BFF, so really wanted somewhere different with my hubby. Now he's excited too!

Fingers are crossed for you! Good luck - I honestly felt like I won a contest when my came through!
iluveeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
WsPrincess
DIS Veteran

I am also stalking my wait list constantly. I have a BW studio booked for 2 nights in June and I desperately want to move it over to BCV. My dad is coming down and the room is for him and we are staying at BC for this trip and I want him to be able to use the pool with the kids. I could have got 1 night but I knew if he had to move resorts he would be grouchy so I am hoping both nights come through. Though I am losing hope as we get closer to the trip
WsPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:27 PM   #7
Goofy's apprentice
DIS Veteran

I definitely stalk daily!

We are waiting for the last two days of our October vacation. Hoping to get a Boardwalk view one-bedroom!

It's a hard time of year to get BWV due to Food and Wine but I will keep hoping. It has always come in before.
2006 Apr-BWV, OKW --- Nov-BWV, OKW
2007 Mar-SSR --May OKW/SSR --Oct - SSMC07
2008 Feb - SSR/VWL ---Apr - Vero/SSR --- Nov - BWV
2009 Mar-VWL/SSR ---Oct - BWV/BLT
2010 Mar - BWV/THV --- Oct - SSR (for WWOHP !!!)
2011 Apr - BWV/SSR --- Oct - SSR/BWV
2012 Mar - BWV/BLT --- Oct - BWV
Goofy's apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

I check my waitlist frequently. In between times, I kick myself for even having to be on the waitlist!.. Only 4 days before the 7 month window opened, there were 1 BRs available at BCV for our October trip. But since we didn't have enough BCV points, we'd have to borrow from next year. We really try not to borrow, and in only 4 days we could use other points-we have plenty of OKW points left. Sure enough-you know what happened in 4 days-waitlist!
I'm also on another waitlist, for a value studio at AKV, for days I decided to add.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #9
jadejazzkayla
always planning the next trip.

I'm waiting too. first night and last night. We don't mind moving but could live without it.

When the Orlando June 30th One Direction tickets went on sale a few weeks ago we were able to snag some so we changed our disney dates to coincide with the concert. Going to the show is worth moving a bit to me.
jadejazzkayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #10
Sandisw

DISboards Moderator

On a waitlist for my DH's and DD's December trip--2 nights at BLT in a SV room. I waited only 5 days into the 11 month window and could not get that view.

Good luck everyone!!!

Sandisw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
supersuperwendy

Just checked..and nope not waitlist yet! I have major doubts that I'll get it. Booking only 5 months out for F&W and trying to get in the boardwalk is soooo unlikely!

I hope somebody gets pixie dust soon!!!!
Now approaching Mickey's Star Traders......DVC Trip Report 2012! <-----Click Here! Commando Club member #118
DVC Members since 2008

Old 05-08-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
wildernessDad
DIS Veteran

I'm looking for 1 night in a VWL studio to come through for the evening of December 9. I have that night on Member cash, but hope that the wait list comes through.

wildernessDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #13
andijean
professional DIS lurker

I need a support group or therapy. We are wait listed for 10/5-10/7 at BCV. We are currently booked for a split stay at BLT 10/5-10/7 and BCV 10/8-10/11. We are ok with the split stay and I actually think it will be a nice way to do things, but my kids want the BCV pool the whole time and my parents don't want to switch resorts. Please assure me that the switching resorts won't take too much time or be too much of a hassle.

May 14 - Disney Hilton Head, Oct 12- Bay Lake Tower & Beach Club, Aug 11- Disney Hilton Head, Oct 10- Bay Lake Tower, Nov 09- Bay Lake Tower, Dec 07- Beach Club, Dec 05- Coronado Springs, Feb 04- Westgate Villas, Mar 02- Radisson Pkwy, Jan 94 and many times as child

andijean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:29 AM   #14
supersuperwendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andijean View Post
I need a support group or therapy. We are wait listed for 10/5-10/7 at BCV. We are currently booked for a split stay at BLT 10/5-10/7 and BCV 10/8-10/11. We are ok with the split stay and I actually think it will be a nice way to do things, but my kids want the BCV pool the whole time and my parents don't want to switch resorts. Please assure me that the switching resorts won't take too much time or be too much of a hassle.
I actually like split stays, I think it makes the trip feel longer! Just get packed up the night before you check out. About 30 minutes before I think we are really going to leave I call bell services. At BLT they were super fast..I think in less than 10 mins! Let them know you are sending your stuff to the next resort, they'll give you a little receipt. Then head out for your day! Later that afternoon head to the beach club and check in. Once you are in your room call bell services to bring up your stuff. It's super simple and I enjoy it!
DVC Members since 2008

Old 05-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #15
VrBchJ
DIS Veteran

I'm on a wait list for one night, Sept. 30, for a BW standard view studio. It's been active for several months. I still have time so I hope it comes thru. If not, I have a studio at Jambo so I'm good with that.
VrBchJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: