Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2012, 01:22 AM   #1366
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

The One With The Land

We were done with breakfast and back out into Epcot by 8:50 am.

The app on my phone called for high crowds at Epcot that day, so as we wandered toward Future world I prepared my group for long waits.

We walked (and danced!) slowly toward the Land for rope drop stopping frequently to get some photos without hundreds of people in the way.

By the time we made our way to the pavilion and parked our stroller, it was about 9:10. We hadnt seen much of the forecasted crowd by then, but being the Disney know-it-all that I am I warned Bryan and Maddie that everyone was likely inside the Land with Test Track being down for refurb.

We headed straight for Soarin and encountered& a 10 minute standby line. There was no one around! We grabbed some Fast Passes (with a 9:30 return time) and hopped in line. The wait was as long as it took us to make our way through that enormous queue and be separated into our flight groups.

We all enjoyed our flight, and once it was over we found ourselves with a little time to kill before our FP time was up. It was the perfect time to take in Living With the Land for the very first time!

As the only ones in line-we were able to board our boat very quickly and then we were off! It was a great ride for us on that particular morning as we were in a slow moving mood. We enjoyed seeing all of the fruits, vegetables, and whatnot. Maddie considered it a dark ride and was quite pleased with herself for not being scared.

After LwtL we headed straight back to Soarin for another flight over California. As it was our third trip in 12 hours we werent quite as awed by it as wed been the night before, but we had fun.

Last edited by shan23877; 10-26-2012 at 01:29 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:24 AM   #1367
shan23877

The One With No Plan

By 10 am wed done all we cared to do in that pavilion, and so we found ourselves standing in front of the Land with no particular plans. Maddie was/is still too short for Mission Space, we werent really in a Spaceship Earth kind of mood, we still remembered the ugliness that happened before our last Nemo ride, and Test Track was down. We were at a loss.

Maddie said that she could use a snack, so we stopped at a pretzel cart and grabbed her one along with an orange soda (cause seriously- thats what good parents do. They give their children sugar and salt at 10 am). While she snacked, Bryan and I consulted our Times Guide and planned our afternoon Princess Attack.

On our way back to World Showcase, we popped into Mousegears (wed only been there 3 or 4 times) where we purchased a shot glass for Bryans cousin and I finally settled on a picture frame.

Back to World Showcase we went. Mulan was scheduled to be out and about at 11, so we headed straight to China. Mulans a punctual gal, and wed hugged and chatted with her and headed on our way by 11:05.

We took our time walking along enjoying the slow pace and taking in all of the beautiful topiaries and stopping to make a little music and rest our weary bones.

Next stop was Germany where we picked up a T-shirt for Uncle Cory and paid homage to Mr. Mark and his funny hat pictures. The Maddie version is tiaras.

Can you believe the crowds we had to contend with?

We kept wandering in the direction of Italy. It was almost time for lunch!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2012, 01:40 AM   #1368
shan23877

The One With the Photo Pass Bonus Pics

Our PP CD included lots of Flower and Garden Bonus Pictures, so I thought I'd share them now. Most will be duplicates (though much better quality) of the ones that I have already or will share in future updates, but I hope you enjoy them!

Old 10-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #1369
ladylyons
Wishing I was closer to Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
We have a lot of fun at the Princess meals, and yes-Maddie was delighted to be twins with Arial. I figure that people want to know the truth about how the meals were, but that won't stop us from going back! Not as long as DD loves those princesses!
I'm all for telling it how it is. Glad you'll be back for the Princesses!!!

What a fun next update!! Wonder where the crowds really were?

Wait this isn't the way to WDW! TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3346971
Old 10-26-2012, 05:41 AM   #1370
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

If only all high-crowd days were like that one!!! That's great for you guys!
Old 10-26-2012, 07:46 AM   #1371
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

I simply do not understand how you handled those crowds!

I love it when the parks are like that!! Especially when you are thinking it is going to be crazy! I love Epcot but seriously think if it weren't for World Showcase we would be done with this park in 2-3 hours! With World Showcase (for us) this is a 2-3 day park-not full days but try to hot it often. I think Future World needs some additions desperately!!

I love Maddie's dress!! So precious!!
Old 10-26-2012, 08:35 AM   #1372
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I love WS when it first opens, its so nice to have that side of the park to yourself. So glad Maddie was able to get her princess on again. It had been what two hours (!!) since she had last hung out with royalty!

The pictures of her twirling through an empty Epcot are priceless, she just looks so cute!
Old 10-26-2012, 09:10 AM   #1373
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

That was really a pretty good morning for what is supposed to be a crowded day at EPCOT! It really does change the way you'd tour that park with Test Track being closed. I hope it doesn't get pushed back any farther and is opened when we're there.

I have to agree with the decision to get a pretzel and orange soda at 10 am. That's what vacation is all about.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #1374
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Don't you just love when there are no crowds around? Love that one picture that looked like EPCOT was empty.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #1375
katylady
Earning My Ears

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Sorry to scare you with the what-looks-like a clown face. You're the second person to tell me this, maybe I should have a bigger close-up on Stitch and Angel...

ETA I changed it, is that better?
Much better!
DS (1)

Old 10-26-2012, 11:46 AM   #1376
katylady
Earning My Ears

Empty Epcot looks wonderful! I really liked the pics of Maddie dancing toward future world. Ahhh, to be 5....
DS (1)

Old 10-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #1377
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures of Maddie dancing towards Future World! She has such a great spirit!

That's awesome that the crowds weren't there after all! Y'all were off to a great start with the rides!

Love the pictures of Maddie with Mulan. And her tiara pictures!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:16 PM   #1378
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I seriously would have needed a nap after about 30 minutes of those crowds.

Love the pictures of Maddie dancing, with Mulan and her "resting" on the drums.

And tell Miss Maddie that Mr. Mark said she did very good with her hat demonstration and that she is MUCH prettier than Mr. Mark.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #1379
tralin
Mouseketeer

Hi Shannon, I'm back and finally caught up. Very weird now to be commenting with experience behind me instead of asking advice. We did the Akershus Dinner and had a fantastic dinner, I am part Norweigian though so maybe I am just used to the food slightly better. Even DH quite enjoyed it though. As of September 20, the princess were, Cinderella, Snow White, Areil and Aurora (With Bell at the entrance). So Cindy was still there. It was a little disappointing as this was literally the 3rd time we saw her in 4 days. With 11 princesses now in the line up, you would think they could replace her somewhere. Love Mad's dresses. Can't wait to see the Halloween pix. Can't wait to show you the pic of Kailtin in her Snow White Dress with Snow White at Akershus. Definately the best Snow White out there. She was awesome! I'll save the rest for my TR.
Old 10-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #1380
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Mel, I'm heading over to your TR to get caught up as soon as I'm done here!

Thanks for taking so much time to comment on everything. I really appreciate it.

I can't wait to hear all about Claudia's first trip. I hope that January works out, but i know what you mean about not wanting to get your hopes up. Our summer trip is almost certainly a go, but I'm not counting on it until it's booked.

I like Disney Jr! You should try Little Einsteins for Claudia. Lots of classical music. It's not Maddie's fave now, but maybe if we'd started sooner. It's a fun breakfast for the Jr. Crowd.

We were so proud of her conquering ToT! She swears that the Yeti is next!

The soft open seems to work pretty well-the stampede was much less dangerous.

I'd like to see Mulan at Akershus too. I'd like some variety in my princess meals (but then we do more than the average park goer I'm sure). I've always liked Mulan's girl power message too.

I'm looking forward to reading your comments on my latest updates.

You're welcome. I enjoyed reading everything and keeping a Words page opened to jot down my comments.

I'd love to watch Little Einsteins, but I have no idea when it plays. That's why we watch the clubhouse the most, it just fits well in our schedule, she winds down in her swing watching it before her first morning nap.

I'd like some variety in the princesses and other character meals as well, but it's true that since we go more often then most people, we notice those things. For them, the "major" ones are available and that's what counts.

That is so awesome that the crowds did not materialize that morning!

I never thought of Living with the Land as a dark ride, but I guess the first part is quite dark. My mind just always "skips" over that part when I recall the ride.

In Disney cupcakes are a perfectly acceptable breakfast, and so is salt and sugar before 10am.

Well of course Maddie would try on different tiaras. I wouldn't expect anything less from her.

It's already time for lunch? I feel like you just finished breakfast!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: