Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #121
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Well, on a good note, at least Maddie didn't get soaked while she was wearing that pretty dress! And no more rain? Lucky!!

I am loving the CBR shots already. I have requested Martinique like we had last time...but that's blue, and most definitely not pink or purple! Maybe I made a mistake!

Now I'm very curious to try those chips. Brandon loves to figure out how to re-create things we love eating, so I'm going to make it his mission to find out how they season those chips! Hope he doesn't mind...

MK time! YAY!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 05-16-2012, 09:46 PM   #122
JulieAnn
I need a Disney Fix!!!

Great TR! We are just home today (also in IL). Looking forward to more!

Feb 2007 - Our first trip to Disney at the Grand Floridian! ~ December 2007 - Disney Christmas at Wilderness Lodge ~ December 2008 - December at The Boardwalk ~ August 2009 - Free Dining at Wilderness Lodge ~ May 2010 - Spring at the Polynesian! ~ May 2011 - Wilderness Lodge again! ~ May 2012 -Beach Club ~ June 2013 -Last minute trip to Wilderness Lodge!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #123
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

Not in TSMM, but there was the Walgreens incident of '09 and the EPCOT episode of '11

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR /Oct 2015: TBD
Old 05-17-2012, 12:31 AM   #124
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racemom17 View Post
Love your previous TR!! And loving this one. DD is a doll. She reminds me so much of my niece, even in the video of you revealing the surprise...they could be twins.

My niece will be 5 in December and she is my surrogate daughter (since I got dealt all boys ;-)

Last time we were in the world together was right before her second birthday...can't wait to take her back next year!!
Thank you! Your niece sounds adorable You will have such a great time taking her to WDW! Princess overload!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Ah! At least the rain didn't last that long! I definitely know we didn't come across any rain, lucky time to take a trip, that's for sure! That sucks about the stroller, but at least it was something like that and not something super valuable!? I adore that Rapunzel dress, when we saw the deluxe wedding dress at the disney store over christmas I nearly bought it to save for my child, but then figured that wouldn't be the smartest investment

The lunches look great! I only at ONCE at OPR, weird, but we were never there when it was open! Glad to know that MK is up next! Super excited to read about it!!a
I think you guys probably got really lucky. If I'm not mistaken, the rain ended before you even landed right? The weather was pretty great, even though it was cool in the mornings and evenings.

I do love that wedding dress. It's so pretty, and not as expensive as the ones in the parks The deluxe one is gorgeous, I don't blame you at all.

Did you enjoy OPR? We really liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
Well, on a good note, at least Maddie didn't get soaked while she was wearing that pretty dress! And no more rain? Lucky!!

I am loving the CBR shots already. I have requested Martinique like we had last time...but that's blue, and most definitely not pink or purple! Maybe I made a mistake!

Now I'm very curious to try those chips. Brandon loves to figure out how to re-create things we love eating, so I'm going to make it his mission to find out how they season those chips! Hope he doesn't mind...

MK time! YAY!
No rain on a princess dress is a very good thing. She'd have freaked out. We got so lucky with the rain, we were so grateful.

CBR pictures make me happy. I really loved it there. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Martinique is one of the preferred locations though right? I think you'll be happy with that. We liked Aruba because it was really close to the bridge, and we could book a standard room. The pink and purple was a huge bonus though

The chips were delicious. I'm obsessed with home made potato chips, so if he figures it out, you have to let me know. They weren't so smokey that I suspected cumin, and were a little sweeter than plain old BBQ seasoning. I really hope that Brandon figures it out!

I hope to have the first MK installment up tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieAnn View Post
Great TR! We are just home today (also in IL). Looking forward to more!
Glad you're here! Are you missing it already? For me, the depression starts before I even leave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
Not in TSMM, but there was the Walgreens incident of '09 and the EPCOT episode of '11

You guys do sound just like us!!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 02:20 AM   #125
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think you guys probably got really lucky. If I'm not mistaken, the rain ended before you even landed right? The weather was pretty great, even though it was cool in the mornings and evenings.

I do love that wedding dress. It's so pretty, and not as expensive as the ones in the parks The deluxe one is gorgeous, I don't blame you at all.

Did you enjoy OPR? We really liked it.
Haha! Yup it sure did! I wish we had landed earlier, but I'm glad we missed the rain. Our first couple of days it was just COLD, then again, that was a shirt and shorts cold, but i honestly found it colder than it was in Jan, as I only needed my thin sweater then, and I was still cold with it in April.

Gah! So gorgeous! I just want to buy all the princess dresses! I'm seriously on Etsy right now attempting to find something Rapunzel esq for halloween for me!

It was ok! I only ate there the one time, and the food wasn't great (although there was cornbread, which was good haha!)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 05-18-2012, 01:48 AM   #126
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

The One With the Dancing

We waited at the Old Port Royale bus stop for about 20 minutes before a Magic Kingdom bus arrived. While we waited, some of us pranced and preened and some of us just waited on the benches.

The trip to Magic Kingdom was short, probably only 15 minutes or so. Maddie was so excited to be getting to Disney World at last that she chattered to MiL and I the whole way there. We went though bag check, and finally we went inside.

I grabbed a Times Guide on my way though the tunnel because any self-respecting character stalkers must be armed with information. Before we’d even seen the castle, Maddie declared that she needed to see some princesses. We decided to go to the Town Square Theatre Meet and Greet since it was closest. We promised to go see Rapunzel during that first afternoon since Mads was wearing her wedding dress. Daisy (who Maddie adores) was out signing autographs and posing for photos, but Maddie had laser-focus. Only princesses would do.

The wait was posted at 15 minutes, and that’s exactly how long it took to get inside. Maddie has been taking ballet and tap classes all year, so while we waited in line she practiced her pirouettes. She wanted them to be perfect before she showed the ladies her moves.

We saw Cinderella first. Maddie ran up, hugged her, and then stepped back without a word and began to spin. Cinderella was suitably impressed. And then, Cindy did something that I’ve never seen any of the princesses do, she showed Maddie how cool her dress looked when she did pirouettes. It was priceless. After much dancing and chatting about how gorgeous their gowns were, Maddie and Cindy finally posed for a few photos.

Maddie practically floated over to Belle. Belle was treated to Maddie’s killer dance moves before she got her hug, and then they chatted. Belle asked Maddie how long we’d been there (“we just got here”) and what her favorite ride was (“Test Track”). Then, Belle told Maddie that Test Track is Beast’s favorite ride too, but when he rides it his fur gets all tangled because it goes so fast. Maddie thought that was the funniest thing she’d ever heard, and talked about it several times a day for the rest of the week. She also talked to every Belle that we met about Beast’s love of Test Track, and luckily they all caught on very quickly and played along. Once photos were taken, we moved on to meet Aurora.

Aurora was sweet, but she was no match for the fantastic girls that we’d just met. She and Maddie talked about how pretty Maddie’s dress was and discussed tiaras and jewelry then posed for pictures.

I was so happy to see my little girl back in her happy place that I was fighting back tears the whole time. I glanced over at MiL, and she seemed almost as overcome as I was.

For the first time all day, I was kind of glad that we’d invited her.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:13 AM   #127
kansasdisneygal
Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm here kind of late but I'm all caught up! It looks like your trip is off to a good start, minus the bit of rain. Your daughter's Rapunzel dress is adorable and the princess pictures are wonderful.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:29 AM   #128
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I love that Maddie was dancing at the bus stop. Xander likes to dance all the time too. They really would get along well. The Beast getting his fur tangled on Test Track is funny. Maddie looks as beautiful as the princesses in that lovely dress. I cannot wait to see her picture with Rapunzel.
Old 05-18-2012, 07:25 AM   #129
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Aren't those princesses amazing! They always take the time to interact with the girls! I get awe struck too!
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
Old 05-18-2012, 08:27 AM   #130
merbobear
DIS Veteran

What a great visit with the princesses! We had really great interactions with them too, they are always so nice and they really think on their feet and know when to play along and somehow manage to keep the same storyline and dialogue going every time you meet a 'new' version of the same princess!

Old 05-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #131
megan511
Mouseketeer

Wow those pictures with the princesses are adorable! Maddie looks so happy, pictures like that make it all worth it don't they?

My daughter is not really into the princesses yet but my son has a crush on Belle, (that he denies of course) so we will be going to see them at the Town Square meet and greet.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #132
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Maddie looks like she's having the time of her life with the princesses. It's great to see those kinds of character interactions. Makes it all worthwhile!
Old 05-18-2012, 10:54 AM   #133
laura74
DIS Veteran

Aw...Maddie is so cute! I miss those princess-loving days!

March 06 Offsite, March 07 CSR, March 08 POR, March 09 WL, March 10 CSR, March 11 PFQ, March 12 BLT/BWV/AKV, March 13 BLT/BCV/AKV, May 14 BWV

Confessions of a Disboard Dropout

Disney Nomads...3 Resorts in 8 Nights!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #134
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Aww! What a magical experience with the princesses! I love the fact that Cinderella danced for Maddie!

The Aurora we met was pretty dull too! I wonder what it is about her exactly. Maybe she's just too sleepy. Maddie looks adorable in all her photos! I love the Rapunzel wedding dress!
Old 05-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #135
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: