Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #91
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnie22 View Post
17 days but doing all the other parks...US/IOA, sea world, Busch gardens, discovery cove in that time as well...it's gonna be a squeeze!! Just checked only 13 ADRs but some of them are worth two credits, may have to try and squeeze in some more!! We'll see!!
Wow! That's quite a trip! Good luck squeezing more ADRs Sounds like the trip of a lifetime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clrklady View Post
Subscribing! Am loving this trip report....don't want to miss a minute of it
Hi! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by havingadisneyday View Post
subbing, too. I've got almost six months to kill, lol. Can't get enough TRs!
Welcome! TRs are great for passing time between trips aren't they? I love reading them. Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
How did I miss that you started this Here now but will catch up and comment later....so sorry to be so late
Yay! Glad you're here Queen! I can't believe that it took you so long to get over here! I mean, you only have a TR and a PTR of your own and a TRIP to prepare for in addition to real life. Sheesh!

Thanks for popping in!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:51 AM   #92
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Booked our ADR's thie morning for our November trip! Can't wait to read more about your ADR's to keep me busy waiting till our trip?
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #93
partyof2
Colette

Your TR title cracked me up!

I may, or may not, have purposely booked our next trip during boyfriend's little sister's exams so there's no chance of it being hijacked by his mum .

Maddie has grown so much since your last trip, she's definitely on to something with her Princess themed resort ideas though. I'm in for sure!

Looking forward to reading about you guys tackling Deluxe Dining. I soooooo want to upgrade from the regular plan but boyfriend would go nuts at a) the quantity of food and b) being tied down to so many ADRs. (I'm 18 months out and I have already planned where we'll be eating and when!).
Visit #2 >> Nov 2013 - POR
Visit #3 >> Nov 2014 - Pop
Visit #4 >> Oct 2015 - We're getting married!

Old 05-13-2012, 06:29 PM   #94
DBLGRR
Mouseketeer

I can't wait to hear more. Loved the video revealing the surprise. Your daughter is adorable.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #95
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
Booked our ADR's thie morning for our November trip! Can't wait to read more about your ADR's to keep me busy waiting till our trip?
Welcome! ADR day is very exciting! We'll cover a ton of restaurants in the TR, so hopefully you'll get some helpful info. I think TRs are a great way to pass the time between trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyof2 View Post
Your TR title cracked me up!

I may, or may not, have purposely booked our next trip during boyfriend's little sister's exams so there's no chance of it being hijacked by his mum .

Maddie has grown so much since your last trip, she's definitely on to something with her Princess themed resort ideas though. I'm in for sure!

Looking forward to reading about you guys tackling Deluxe Dining. I soooooo want to upgrade from the regular plan but boyfriend would go nuts at a) the quantity of food and b) being tied down to so many ADRs. (I'm 18 months out and I have already planned where we'll be eating and when!).
Thanks! Glad you joined in!

Excellent planning! We've been to WDW once before with MiL but I was a glowing newlywed, so I was much more tolerant of her then

I loved DxDP, and think that we'll do it again. It is a TON of food. DH didn't want me to "tie us down" with ADRs last trip, but after seeing how much easier having them made things, he let me do what ever I wanted for this trip.

Planning ahead is key! I had my ADRs planned before we knew we'd be going on this trip The DIS is a perfect place for people like us--we're normal here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLGRR View Post
I can't wait to hear more. Loved the video revealing the surprise. Your daughter is adorable.
Thanks so much!! Glad you joined in!

More trip coming right up...
Old 05-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #96
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm joining! I saw the words "Mother In Law", and I figured this would be a good one.

Your DD is absolutely adorable. Also, I'm a Cubs fan too, have been my whole life. It's going to happen.....someday.

Oh man, rain when you're on your way to your room? That sounds like something that would happen to me.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 PM   #97
shan23877

The One Where We Traverse the Caribbean Beach (Resort)

There wasn’t any discussion, we just kept going.

The rain wasn’t too bad at first, just a sprinkle really, but it picked up a little and then a lot.. When the rain really started coming down Maddie asked me to put up the stroller’s sun visor to cover her. That's when I discovered that there was no sun visor. I flashed back to standing on the jetway at MCO watching the airline employees unload the strollers from the bottom of the aircraft. One guy stood on the ground and one guy stood at the top of the staircase. Dude #1 tossed the strollers up to Dude #2, but Dude #1 wasn’t very good at throwing. I watched many strollers hit the ground (he didn’t attempt to catch them after he threw them badly). It looked like our sun visor had been one of the casualties of the super fun game that the AirTran employees played to pass the time. Why after watching that didn’t I carefully check our stroller before walking away? I have no idea. So, I improvised. I took off my sweatshirt and draped it over the handles of the stroller so that Maddie wouldn’t get as wet. Now I was cold and wet, but it’s what we’d all do for our kids right?

Here’s the thing about Caribbean Beach Resort—it’s big. Each section of buildings is fairly large, and when you’re walking in the rain, they seem even bigger.

Finally (it’s only about a 15 minute walk, but at the time it seemed to take forever) we arrived at Aruba. We headed to the farthest building and checked out our room- #5150. I didn’t get any pictures of the room at the time because no one was willing to stand outside any longer than they had to. Spoilsports.

Once inside, we checked to make sure the toilet was functional and got ourselves together for our first park day. Maddie was having a minor meltdown because she wanted to wear her Rapunzel dress, but didn’t want it to get wet. It took some doing, but eventually she believed us that the rain wouldn’t last all day. We changed her into her royal garb, I combed my hair, and we grabbed our KTTW cards.

We stepped outside and discovered that it had stopped raining. It rained for maybe 20 minutes, and it was the last rain we’d see for the entire trip.

DD had calmed down once she saw that the rain had stopped. She finally noticed what color our building was. "Mommy, you picked the pink and purple hotel!" If only it was sparkly too....

Luckily, I hadn’t made any reservations for lunch on our first day since we likely would have missed it. My plan was to do lunch at Old Port Royale before going to MK, and that’s just what we did.

**We got a new camera for Christmas and I was excited to learn how to use it on this trip. From here on out there will be pictures. Lots and lots of pictures. If it gets gratuitous, let me know**

From Aruba 51 it’s a 30 second walk to the bridge that connects the far side of the resort to OPR and the main pool. The walk across the bridge was really pretty. Along the way there are gates leading into the playground area and to other little areas with benches and such for relaxing.

View from the sidewalk in front of the room

Maddie on the brief walk to the bridge

Some flora and fauna (but no Merryweather)

The courtyard outside of Old Port Royale

Left side of OPR

A quick photo shoot before lunch

Maddie was thrilled upon entering Old Port Royal to discover that there was a store with lots of princess toys and stuffed animals. (We’d spend an inordinate amount of time in the OPR gift shops over the course of the trip.) We managed to convince her to eat before we browsed, and then we split up. Maddie and MiL went to the counter where the serve hamburgers and hotdogs and such, and DH and I went to the farthest counter where they have deli-type sandwiches. It was already 12:15, but I’d relaxed a bit. I finally felt like we were starting the vacation.

In the food court area of Old Port Royale

Thanks to the DIS, I've learned to always look up when at Disney

Bryan got the Philly with homemade chips
I had the Turkey BLT, again with the chips
MiL had a Bacon Cheese Burger and chips
Maddie had a Hot Dog and Fries and Grapes

My first time taking food pics! It got less weird as the trip went on

Maddie loved that her meal came in a sand pail. Bryan was less impressed because he carried the sand pail around in the backpack for the rest of the day.

Lunch was really good! The chips were yummy and we spent most of the meal trying to figure out what they were seasoned with (our best guess was brown sugar and chili powder. They were sweeter and smokier than regular BBQ chips). My Turkey BLT was great. Instead of regular mayo, there was a bright pink mayonnaise on it. The sauce tasted too sweet when I tasted it by itself (who wouldn’t try the pink mayo before eating the sandwich?), but it was really good with the salty turkey and bacon. Bryan enjoyed his Philly but wasn’t wowed by it, and MiL liked her cheeseburger too. We paid OOP for the meal, but MiL used a dining credit since she’d only be joining us for 3 days (and no 2 credit meals).

Another quick photo before we headed to the bus stop, a princess must have her photograph taken often.

After lunch we browsed for a few minutes in the shop and then headed for the bus stop at OPR. It was finally Magic Kingdom time!!!

Last edited by shan23877; 05-28-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #98
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

My question is how the two AirTran workers didn't notice that they broke a stroller??? That's ridiculous.

So glad to hear that you didn't get any more rain! I think it's awesome that the food court looks like it's an outdoor place and there's a storm brewing. Such amazing theming!

Hooray for Magic Kingdom time!
Old 05-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #99
MrsTeddy
Mouseketeer

I love Maddie's rapunzel dress, she is a beautiful girl!

I would be annoyed with the stroller, why are people so careless and lazy?! THis is why we are only bringing an umbrella stroller and not a more expensive one on our trip, I have heard many similar stories!

I can't wait to hear more about MK!

me Sar; wife to Les; mommy to Logan (July/09) and Eliya (March/12)

3rd Birthday with a 3 month old! July 2012 PTR

Disney Trips:
March 2000 offiste~March 2010 offsite~July 2012 AoA cars~December 2013 POFQ~!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #100
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

They broke your stoller at the airline. Grrr. That is so frustrating. Us Mamas really do sacrifice a lot for our kids. (Happy Mother's Day). I am glad it did not rain the rest of your trip, but that is horrible that it only rained while you walked to your room with all of your luggage and a stroller with no sun-shade. Bummer.

Your pictures remind me of how much I LOVE CBR. We were in 5408 when we stayed in Aruba. Other than the lack of sparkles, I am glad Maddie enjoyed the resort.

She looks beaautiful in that dress. I know you said it was pricey, but it looks like it was worth every penny. Cannot wait to see what Princess she sees in that lovely gown suited for Princess Maddie.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:41 AM   #101
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

The story of the airtran employees throwing strollers makes me feel sick to my stomach. I always bring my full-sized stroller, and if anything happened to it, I would be SOOO upset. I guess my only consolation is that it is pretty heavy and unwieldy, so throwing it would probably be out of the question- or would it?

SO glad that the rain stopped and you ended up in a pink and purple building!

That Rapunzel dress is so pretty and Maddie just looks every inch the princess, so cute!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:16 AM   #102
megan511
Mouseketeer

Wow, I can't believe that about your stroller. That's terrible.

The pics of CBR are great! We are under 2 weeks before our trip and I will be seeing it in person! Maddie's dress is gorgeous!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #103
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Despite the broken stroller thanks to careless baggage handlers, it's good to see that things are getting better now that the rain has stopped.

At least Maddie is coming around to the idea of staying at the pink and purple hotel.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 AM   #104
laura74
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your report and looking forward to more.

March 06 Offsite, March 07 CSR, March 08 POR, March 09 WL, March 10 CSR, March 11 PFQ, March 12 BLT/BWV/AKV, March 13 BLT/BCV/AKV, May 14 BWV

Confessions of a Disboard Dropout

Disney Nomads...3 Resorts in 8 Nights!
Old 05-14-2012, 09:48 AM   #105
amandaw
DIS Veteran

All caught up!

So glad y'all made the flight safely! But for the airline employees tossing the strollers & for MIL not having her info ready for ME! And I'm glad to hear that was all the rain y'all had on the trip! Maddie looks so sweet all dressed up!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: