Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 09:34 PM   #796
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I never mind a detailed response to a question. As a matter of fact, I prefer it. Nothing gets left open to interpretation. While I do not have a new job yet, I know exactly how you feel. After over 11 years at my old job, every place I am applying for wants me to start over again at the bottom. That's a hard adjustment, I bet.

I love being as knowledgable as possible, so I know the stress to learn as quickly as you can.

We have so many things in common, but I dislike baseball. My reward would need to be dinner and/or a show. Since you like it, I hope you have a great time.

You don'l like baseball???? That's ok, I don't like football.

You will probably be a rock star at your new job in no time at all. I cannot wait to read about how everything worked out with Maddie and her potential sitter.
You're the best! Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura74 View Post
I know that feeling. You go from feeling competent and confident at one job and then you have to start all over. In a few weeks though, you'll be an old hand. Hopefully you'll like the people you work with. I have no doubt that they'll like you.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
That's it exactly. And thank you so much! You're awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
I hope everything at your new job is going well.

I'm sure you will have everything down in no time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
No worries! We'll all be here when you're ready with an update. Congrats on your new job! Do you like it so far?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Good luck on your new job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
I'm lucky that there is no Disney Store anywhere near us. However, I am having a hard time passing up the hat and SE BECAUSE of that castle and monorail we already have. Not that they ever get played with - there's never any time.

DD doesn't really know any of the TV shows except that she sees them occasionally at my folks' house. We watch a movie on Friday and Saturday, but there just isn't time to watch TV any other day. That said, for some reason, she does talk about Jake and the Neverland Pirates - I have NO idea how she knows who they are!

How's the job?????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal View Post
Good luck on you new job!

In 40 years, you will probably still remember this week, LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Congrats and good luck with the new job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFendi View Post
I love that Maddie left CRT by thanking the CM's and doing a curtsy on the way out! Too cute!!! Good luck with the new job!
You guys are seriously amazing. Thank you all so much for the well wishes. It's really meant a lot to me. The first week is over, and as long as I can pass a very detailed exam on Monday, I'm all good. I have all day to study tomorrow, so I think I'll be ready. Thanks again for all of the words of encouragement, you guys really know how to make a gal feel loved.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:02 PM   #797
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
I'm lucky that there is no Disney Store anywhere near us. However, I am having a hard time passing up the hat and SE BECAUSE of that castle and monorail we already have. Not that they ever get played with - there's never any time.

DD doesn't really know any of the TV shows except that she sees them occasionally at my folks' house. We watch a movie on Friday and Saturday, but there just isn't time to watch TV any other day. That said, for some reason, she does talk about Jake and the Neverland Pirates - I have NO idea how she knows who they are!

So, we went to the Disney Store today. Got out of there unscathed (well, DD bought another Rapunzel doll with her own money so not really, but...). However, I'd like to spend approximately $500 in there today. They have the cutest carryon luggage, an adorable hoodie and pants set that I think she needs to wear over her leotards to dance class, I plan to get her school back pack there, and they have an awesome Cinderella set now. It's the FG, Princey, Cindy, and THE STEPSISTERS AND STEPMOTHER!!!! All Barbie sized!!! I have the feeling Santa might get it for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Your daughter is so adorable!!! I've enjoyed reading so far and am looking forward to hearing about more of your adventures!! What a magical and memorable princess day you arranged for your daughter!! She is one very lucky princess!!!

Thank you so much! I'm so glad to have you here! It was an amazing day!

Also, spoken as a Mother in law, you were gracious and were the much better person for taking that high road!! You should be proud of yourself! Things can always be said/talked about at a later time, but can never really be taken back!:: I know this to be true, as I have had to bite my tongue many a time in concerns to actions/statements my former son in law made. The high road is a good place to be and taught your daughter an important lesson also.

I really appreciate you saying that, I tried very hard to bite my tongue in the moment. Of course I did vent here, but I know that ignoring some things was the only way to go on the trip.

Looking forward to reading more of your WDW adventure! Best of luck in your new job also!! Even though it is stressful, it is sometimes fun to start something new!!
I've got more coming right up! And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferma View Post
i was a teeny bit curious, how did your trip become a MIL trip? sorry if you mentioned it in the thread.

I think that I kind of avoided mentioning that!

Honestly? I invited her! I knew that she was disappointed that we hadn't included her in Maddie's first trip, so I invited her to join us for the second. Maybe not my finest hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFendi View Post
I love that Maddie left CRT by thanking the CM's and doing a curtsy on the way out! Too cute!!! Good luck with the new job!
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
Thanks for the advice!

We aren't going until 2013, so that's why Le Cellier is out. I think we might do Via Napoli- my mom LOVES Italian food! (And we are doing Chef Mickey's that AM- can you tell I have a boy )
No problem! We love to talk ADRs around here! We love Chef Mickey too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacosper View Post
I strongly recommend everyone against VN. My DH and I have tried it on numerous occasions at different times of year and it just is not good. The service is lacking and the food is ok at best. Every time we have been there we have gotten cold food and no drink refills (even water!). We REALLY wanted to like it (that's why we tried it three times) but it just disappointed us every time. I would go for GG because it is such a unique dining experience that you really can't get anywhere else. Also the food is quite good. We always have a good time there.

I hope this perspective helps!
Thanks for joining in! Please don't be a stranger!

That's too bad that you didn't enjoy VN!!! We ate there on this trip, and we liked it. It wasn't our favorite meal by quite a bit, but we didn't dislike it at all. I don't know that it'll be an every trip kind of place, but we'd try it again.

That's so disappointing that your meals weren't good. Maybe the new Tutto will be better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyworld2122 View Post
joining in
Welcome!! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I think that one sad part of taking trips with those you don't normally travel with is learning their travel/personality style "the hard way". We have taken trips with friends and realized our desires don't always match theirs. One thing I have learned is separate time is key so I think you are definitely on track with the 60th birthday plan!

I learned a lesson, we'll have a better plan next time for sure!

If you enjoyed hearing the CMs knowledge you must read "The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World"!! I referenced it in my TR intro and that book is so full of amazing tidbits! I went into this trip looking around the world in a whole new (but awed) way!!

I'm gonna check and see if it's available for the Kindle right now! I'm sure that I'd love that! Thanks for the tip!

I got a little behind while away but 1) waiting in line for the princesses can be brutal! Last week when we passed Ariel's spot Keith noted remembering spending a year waiting there one afternoon! 2) The Dumbo area is so great I can't wait to see the rest of the new Fantasyland!! 3) I can't wait to try CRT! I am trying to hold off until my mom goes back but also Keith is so anti-character anything that even if it is amazing he would not allow himself to enjoy it!! Madison always ordered the more grown-up choices and to this day will choose anything steak/beef related over chicken nuggets or pizza. As a child she would turn her nose up at those choices...I think I raised a food snob!! 4) I love how happy Maddie looks in all of the pictures. You can see her joy in every picture!
You've been busy vacationing! Those lines were brutal, but luckily, the ride lines were really managable!

You've got to get to CRT again, it was a great meal! Can you trick Kieth into it?

I'm so glad that my Madison likes the more grown up stuff. Her dad was really picky as a kid, and I had visions of her wanting nothing but nuggets for every meal. I'm so relieved! I think mine's on the road to food snobbery as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDolacki2003 View Post
I have had a great time reading both your trip reports. We just got back from a trip in June and I have made some notes on your dining recommendations for our trip in 2013. It is just me and DH but I think we will do CRT after reading your experience.
Thanks so much! I'm glad that you joined in!

I'm so glad to hear that you're finding it helpful! There's lots more dining to come!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #798
shan23877

The One With the Public Service Announcement

We interrupt this Trip Report to bring you a Special Report.

Parents, have you ever cringed when your daughter opens yet another Rapunzel doll at her birthday party? Ever been tempted to cut off Rapunzel’s hair instead of attempting to brush it again? Secretly switched Barbie heads because her hair was too tangled to tame?

Well, worry no more! Help is here!

I’m going to share with you the secret to blissful doll maintenance. I call it the Rapunzel Hair Miracle Serum.

Put 2 Tablespoons of any Fabric Softener in a small spray bottle and fill the rest with water. THAT’S ALL IT IS!!!!

Spray liberally on doll’s hair, let soak in for a few seconds and comb. I used a wide-toothed comb followed by my own hairbrush. I put a towel under the dolls, but if some gets on the furniture, it'll smell nice too! Three Barbie sized dolls were free of tangles and snarls before Bryan could make microwave popcorn! The larger dolls took a bit longer of course, but the results are undeniable.

The Befores

The Afters

And please excuse the smutz on the pillow, the dogs like to lay on it

You’ll never try to talk your little princess out of getting a Rapunzel doll again!

I got this tip/recipe for Miracle Serum from Pinterest. If you’re not on Pinterest, PM me your email address and I’ll invite you. It’s an awesome sight with great ideas for so many things from crafts and recipes to home décor and fashion. It's awesome!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #799
dara00
DIS Veteran

I will follow you on pinterest! what's your name on there?

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 PM   #800
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I will keep that in mind if I ever have any dolls to take care of. Crap is on Pinterest. Someday, I may do it as well. By the way, you had me laughing through that update. Funny stuff.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:24 PM   #801
shan23877

The One With the Front Row Seat

After our fantastic dinner, we headed out of Cinderella’s Royal Table with the intention of finding somewhere to watch Wishes. As we gathered our stroller and headed out toward Fantasyland, a CM stopped us. He said that we couldn’t leave via the back of the Castle, we’d have to go out the front. Dubious but intrigued at the thought of watching Wishes from the Castle itself, we headed that way.

The view from the Fantasyland side

We exited the front of Cinderella Castle to find that we were all alone on the ramp leading to the Castle watching Wishes explode in the sky directly above us. It was amazing!!! I of course began taking photo after photo which is probably what alerted another CM to our presence.

An interesting perspective, the view of Main Street USA during Wishes

This CM had been tasked with keeping guests from doing exactly what we were doing. She was holding down the ramps to the Castle. Obviously freaking out a little, she approached us at a run shouting “Folks! You’ll need to get behind the ropes! It’s not safe!!” Her internal monologue was likely something more like “What the expletive are these people doing here?!? Who the expletive let them through?? Oh expletive!!!!” Knowing that the jig was up, we followed her as she ushered us to a front row seat for the evening entertainment.

After the show, we hung out for a few minutes knowing that the crowds exiting the park would be insane. The frightened CM approached us to apologize for shouting. We assured her that we knew that she was just doing her job, had genuinely sounded concerned for us, and weren’t upset with her at all. We also said that we were very sorry to have worried her and that we were just following CM #1’s orders.

I think it’s likely that CM#1 got a stern talking to the next day.

So, without further ado, I bring you Wishes!

Once the crowds had thinned a bit, we made out way to the bus stop. As we got closer to the CBR bus stop (I think it was stop 15?), the crowds stopped moving. We were at a complete stand still until a CM rescued us. It seems that we’d stopped moving because the POP line was backed up from their stop (17 or so?) all the way to stop 11!!! He led us around the crowd and we walked right onto a waiting bus. I sure felt sorry for those folks staying at Pop Century that night.

We made it back to Aruba 51 without incident, and back in the room Maddie found that her guys had been resting comfortably.

I suggested that she skip her bath that night so that she could keep her princess hair for a day or two longer, but she opted to wash it out. She reasoned that I’d be happy to re-do it for her should she choose to have another royal day. Lucky Mommy!

We noticed that night that Maddie’s ear piercing was looking worse than before (her ears are clearly allergic to Disney), and remembering the trouble that it had caused on the last trip we removed the earrings for the duration of the trip. Of course all of the special piercing cleaning stuff was on my socks, so Bryan made a trip to Old Port Royal to buy some rubbing alcohol.

Finally, we climbed into bed. We watched Top Shot and Pawn Stars before setting our alarms for 6:30 am. We had a Very Merry Unbreakfast to attend the next morning!

Old 07-21-2012, 10:33 PM   #802
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
I will follow you on pinterest! what's your name on there?
shanbell23 I'll follow you too, what's your username?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I will keep that in mind if I ever have any dolls to take care of. Crap is on Pinterest. Someday, I may do it as well. By the way, you had me laughing through that update. Funny stuff.

Thanks! It's serious stuff that Rapunzel hair!

You should give Pinterest a try, I call it the "why didn't I think of that" websight. I love it!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #803
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

You are the first person I know to watch Wishes from the bridge. Then, you got front row seats too. You're right. Both are pretty awesome. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. I would have been happy just to catch the bus with no wait, so everything else was an added bonus.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:12 PM   #804
amandaw
DIS Veteran

That recipe or whatever to untangle the dolls' hair is awesome! Obviously, I don't have dolls in my house but if I ever have a friend with a girl mention tangled doll hair, I will be ready with good advice for her.

I love that the CM frantically rescued y'all from possible falling fireworks in front of the castle. And gave y'all a great spot for Wishes! Lovely pictures!

That line for POP sounds ! Glad y'all made it back safe & sound for the night. Hope Maddie's ear didn't get any worse during the trip.

Can't wait to hear about the breakfast!
Old 07-21-2012, 11:47 PM   #805
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your warm welcome! Awesome tip for doll hair! Wonder if it would work on my daughters golden doodle? :

Your firework pictures actually had me saying, 'oooooooohh, ahhhhhhhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhh', as I looked at them!! I love the color of the castle with the fireworks going off around it!

Awesome bus mojo too!!!
Old 07-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #806
RGirl
DIS Veteran

That is awesome! I hate to invest in fabric softener for the sole purpose of detangling doll hair, but now that I have a "go" from you, I guess I will do so. I have read that it works, but I didn't want to make the investment until I was sure. I'm still not totally sold because DD's "barbie Rapunzel" has hair that looks about 100% worse than any of Maddie's Rapunzels..... I know, I know, just do it! I will. Really.

Amazing photos! How amazing that you were able to get them. LOVED seeing them.
Old 07-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #807
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

That doll hair de-tangling "recipe" is brilliant! I'm sure that's something many people will appreciate that you shared!

That's strange about you being directed to a closed-off area. Your view for Wishes was still great though!
Old 07-22-2012, 07:00 AM   #808
laura74
DIS Veteran

Awesome detangling tip! Too bad my daughter doesn't play with dolls anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Dubious but intrigued at the thought of watching Wishes from the Castle itself, we headed that way.
Cool!

Quote:
We exited the front of Cinderella Castle to find that we were all alone on the ramp leading to the Castle watching Wishes explode in the sky directly above us. It was amazing!!! I of course began taking photo after photo which is probably what alerted another CM to our presence.
Bummer! It was nice while it lasted.

Quote:
An interesting perspective, the view of Main Street USA during Wishes
Look at that crowd looking at you!

Quote:
Knowing that the jig was up, we followed her as she ushered us to a front row seat for the evening entertainment.
Score!

Quote:

So, without further ado, I bring you Wishes!
Great photos!

Quote:
It seems that we’d stopped moving because the POP line was backed up from their stop (17 or so?) all the way to stop 11!!! He led us around the crowd and we walked right onto a waiting bus. I sure felt sorry for those folks staying at Pop Century that night.
There always seems to be the longest line for Pop and I wonder why.

Quote:
She reasoned that I’d be happy to re-do it for her should she choose to have another royal day. Lucky Mommy!
Love it.

Quote:
We noticed that night that Maddie’s ear piercing was looking worse than before (her ears are clearly allergic to Disney),
I guess my daughter was right being worried about her ears.

Great update Shannon!

March 06 Offsite, March 07 CSR, March 08 POR, March 09 WL, March 10 CSR, March 11 PFQ, March 12 BLT/BWV/AKV, March 13 BLT/BCV/AKV, May 14 BWV

Confessions of a Disboard Dropout

Disney Nomads...3 Resorts in 8 Nights!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #810
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Lol love the transfromation of the hair on the dolls...think I may be using it on my own hair!!

Good luck for your exam on Monday

Great pics of Wishes and am glad the confusion with the CMs didn't affect your enjoyment of the show.

Wow at the Pop line being so long!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: