Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #736
ericamcl
DIS Veteran

I just love reading about Maddie- she is too cute!

So glad you had a nice time at CRT. I really want to try it out sometime but DH is not really interested at this point.
May 1994 DH w/ family - Contemporary August 1994 Me w/ family - Off site June 2005 Me w/ family-Wilderness Lodge March 2008 w/ DH- POFQOctober 2008 w/ DH & my family - POR February 2010 w/ DH and Nieces-BLT September 2011 w/ DH- BLT MK VIEW! December 2012 - SSR/VWL split stay w/ DHSeptember 2013 BLT-Theme Park View w/ DH & my family
Old 07-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #737
PrincessAmongPrinces
Mouseketeer

What a great CRT experience! I love the pics of Maddie during the Wishing ceremony. Too precious!! Your waiter sounds outstanding - that really makes such a difference! I would love to try CRT one day, but I feel like I might always get outvoted.
Awesome update! Looking forward to more.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 09:14 AM   #738
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

What a great update! Love the photos, you are really enjoying your new camera!

I loved how Maddie is so excited to be there, having great meets, and just taking it all in. You can tell it's a truly magical experience for her. I love when Kadence feels the magic too.

Ahhh, the soup of the day, sound good, I have that! Put it on Seabasses tab!

Your food looked good, I may try CTR for supper next year. We've only done breakfast.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 07-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #739
katt789
DIS Veteran

I'm glad CRT was so great for you! I know I loved it for dinner a year ago, but when I've been reading about breakfast there, it just doesn't seem worth it (and we did Akershus for breakfast and it really wasn't worth the price)

The wishing ceremony is just too cute, I love it! I'm glad Maddie's wish came true!

Yay for good princessess (and may I add, the two who were the best, got down to her level.... good for them)

I love CRT, and it's such a great place for people of any age, sure it's expensive, but it's IN THE CASTLE....the food is delicious, there are princesses, there's so much food, you get swords/wands, its possible to watch wishes while you eat, and it's IN THE CASTLE hahaha. It's a great time!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 07-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #740
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Your dinner at CRT just sounds like it was wonderful! That's so good to hear! I've basically been dying to try that place out but I couldn't justify the 2-credits, because I hadn't heard such great things about the food... but now I'm changing my mind!

Those wishing pictures of Maddie seriously just made my day. She is so precious! Ahh, kids in Disney.

-Marissa
Old 07-15-2012, 12:25 PM   #741
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

I totally agree with you--dinner at CRT is much better than breakfast! The breakfast food we've had there is average, but we loved the dinner food! Such a lovely way to end a day full of magic. I'm so excited to go back! I have been trying to decide what to order already (because who doesn't want to think about food all the time!?), and I was leaning toward the beef tenderloin. After seeing your pictures, I'm convinced! I had that same chowder last trip and loved it, as well. And Brandon is still talking about the cheese platter to this day!

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 07-15-2012, 12:50 PM   #742
ChefDisneyLu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
[CENTER]

Wishes had just started so we headed down the stairs hoping that we’d be able to find a spot to watch. As we left, Maddie stopped a few of the CMs to say “thank you for a lovely evening” and treat them to a curtsy. It had been a lovely evening indeed.
The wishing pictures and this brought a tear to my eyes!

Lisa
May, 2010 - Pop Century
September, 2010 - Polynesian

[/url]
Old 07-15-2012, 02:30 PM   #743
megan511
Mouseketeer

Aww I loved the update! It looks like you all had a wonderful evening.

I love the Wishing Ceremony pics & the pics with the Princesses!

The food looks really good too! Hopefully we will make it to CRT one day.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #744
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Great update, Shannon. We love CRT so much! I'm so glad that you all had a magical time there. We have never been for dinner - only lunch. I'm thinking that dinner might be fun sometime.

As you can probably guess, I just love the Beast stories that Belle told!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
I didn't see Major Domo's Pie on the menuThat was the best stuff ever!!

It was like a puff pastry with the shredded beef...delicious!!!
I loved that entree too, Heather! When we went in October, it was gone - replaced with Major Domo's Short Ribs or something like that. That was good too, but definitely not as tasty as the "pie."
Old 07-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #745
StitchIsOurHero
I was smart enough to marry a DH who does the laundry!
Dun-DUN! Has 8 Matthew McConaugheys at work!
The Rock, in his little man-bikini, is quite pretty!

Love reading about CRT! We've never done dinner there. After reading your report, I am going to try to convince DH & DS to try it!

The Wishing Ceremony pics are so terrific! That is definitely the Disney magic right there!

I love that she loves it so much! It really makes it that much more magical, doesn't it, when they love it and soak it all in?

Can't wait to read more!
Old 07-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #746
dara00
DIS Veteran

I fell behind on all of the dis - oops. I know I'm behind, but great attitude on your mil! I highly doubt I'd be as willing to travel with my mil again if she acted like yours - she has her own issues that I can't stand as it is!

I'm happy to watch Maddie having a lovely time on princess Jasmine day. She is so cute, as always!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 07-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #747
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Your review of CRT has me so excited to try it for our upcoming trip.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #748
amandaw
DIS Veteran

This just may be the best update ever! First of all, Maddie is so adorable in all of the pictures! You can see in her face how genuinely happy she is to be there. And what a fantastic experience y'all had! That server sounds phenomenal! He truly added so much magic to y'alls night. I love CM's like that. I thought that was so fun that he brought you & Bryan a wand & sword. It sounds like it really was a magical night. My favorite part? That Maddie thanked the CM's for a lovely evening & gave them a curtsey! She is a princess indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Oh, Amanda! It would be MUCH more than a "slight" change!
Well, okay then. But, I am rather interested to hear what you booked.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #749
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Maddie looks so beautiful all dolled up. I want a daughter so much. Yours is pretty awesome.

Thank you! I so hope that you get the little girl you're wishing for.

Yay to CRT. I had a feeling that is where she was going. That was so nice of “Tony” to bring Bryan both appetizers. I lean more toward the soft cheeses to while Crap likes them all. There may not be a cheese he does not like.

CRT was awesome! Maybe if you show Crap pictures of the food and the menu, he'd be persuaded to try it again? The food was seriously good, way better than any other character meal we've tried. Bryan really does love most cheeses (except blue which I love), and he said he'd love to order that appetizer again.

I got teary eyed again when I saw the picture of Maddie making her wish. That is the difference between boys and girls. While Xander liked CRT both times he went, he never got that into it. We always seem to have great luck with Aurora on our meet and greets. After the boring one you had before, I am glad you got a good one this time. Now that Tony brought you the extra mousse too, I believe he is right up there with Keir as one of CRT’s excellent servers.

Thank you so much, I get teary eyed looking at those photos too. She really buys into the magic right now, and I'm dreading the day that she starts getting skeptical about the whole thing. I think that's why I keep pushing Bry for as many trips as possible while she still believes. "Tony" was amazing. I'm kicking myself for tossing that receipt. I'd really love to email Disney about him. He was outstanding.

Belle sounds awesome. Based on the fact she came back to see Maddie a second time after she saw everyone else, I am guessing she enjoyed Maddie as well. Even if it was only for a few seconds, it is cool that you saw Wishes from inside the castle.

And that's why you're my Dis BFF. Thank you for saying that.

Wait until you hear where we watched Wishes from!

Xander starts kindergarten next month. We have him enrolled in the same private school he went to preschool for. It hit me recently that we will not have much extra money at all with all of that extra tuition. I also figured we can send him there for longer than just kindergarten if I find a job. Plus, now that Connor is one, I think he will be okay without me all day long. I worked away from Xander all the time when he was a baby. I did not start working from home until he was almost 2.5 except for one day a week when he was about 8 months old. I only took six weeks off to have him. From six weeks to eight months (except rare days when I would bring him to the office with me for the entire day), I had my MIL watch him one day a week while Crap and I worked. Other than that day, we were on completely different shifts.

That makes sense. Would you be trying to work from home some? I've been home with Maddie during the day since she was born. I have to arrange for care for her 2 days a week now (1/2 day kindergarten) and I feel kind of guilty. I'm hoping that she'll be with family most of the time, but since I don't actually start my new job until tomorrow we aren't sure what we'll do. Bryan and I have worked opposite schedules since Maddie was born too. It's not ideal, but it makes us feel better knowing that one of us is almost always with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Your meal at CRT sounds absolutely wonderful!!!! I'm so glad that you all had a great time! Those are definitely the types of experiences where you know the Disney magic is alive and well!
It was fantastic, and so was the service! A perfect meal to end Maddie's day.

That night was one of the reasons we'll keep going back. It was magical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
So glad y'all enjoyed CRT...you hear good and bad. Probably the bad stems from the price. We absolutely love it, too!!! I had no idea the price went up??? Oh well...guess you can consider the pictures part of the price, also. We've done breakfast and lunch, and never really considered the price since we were using DxDp. Ok...and tell me....I didn't see Major Domo's Pie on the menuThat was the best stuff ever!!

We loved it!! One of the reasons that we like DxDP so much is that we don't think about the prices of the meals, but for 2 credits the breakfast was underwhelming. We'll do dinner there again for sure!

I checked All Ears, and it seems that the Pie is indeed off the menu. They do have the Major Domo short ribs though, but only on the lunch menu.

It was like a puff pastry with the shredded beef...delicious!!! And I didn't see the blueberry cheese buckle dessert either...guess it has been 2 years since we've been for lunch Enough about food, right

Sounds great! I would have ordered the buckle if they'd had that.

Maddie looked cute in her princess costume! It's amazing how the little girls really think all the princesses are real....precious, isn't it?! Ya have to wonder what her wish was all about and what was going through her mind??

Heather
Thanks! I am so happy that she still believes that! In fact I told my husband this trip that I'll be more upset when she finds out the truth about the princesses than when she finds out about Santa. It's priceless, and why I keep pushing DH to squeeze in as many trips as we can while she's young.

I'd LOVE to know what that wish was, but I think that by the end of the trip most of her wishes had come true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
Sounds like a really fun night at CRT. The food did look really good.
It was a great night, and the food was excellent! Much more "signature" than "character dining"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalshersmom View Post
Maddie looks like she is loving every minute of everything. I hope my girls enjoy themselves as much! We have BBB at 8:40am and CRT at 8:05pm. We were hoping to get earlier reservations for both, but at 180 days that was the best we could get. We were trying to figure out if we would be in the castle during 9pm wishes. If we are, I hope we get a good seat. I love all of the pics, but I cannot help but notice the lady's bottom in the background of one of the Maddie as Jasmine pics. I can't wait to hear more about your trip!

You'll have such a great day! I think that you'll likely still be there during Wishes since it's a 3 course meal. Can't hurt to ask for a window table! Maddie was fine eating so late, especially since she knew where we were going!

I didn't notice the rogue bottom invading the photos!
Old 07-16-2012, 12:24 AM   #750
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericamcl View Post
I just love reading about Maddie- she is too cute!

So glad you had a nice time at CRT. I really want to try it out sometime but DH is not really interested at this point.
Thank you so much! That's so sweet of you!

CRT was great! I felt that it was much more "signature" than "character meal". Maybe if you show DH the pictures of the food he'll come around? I think it's a really special experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAmongPrinces View Post
What a great CRT experience! I love the pics of Maddie during the Wishing ceremony. Too precious!! Your waiter sounds outstanding - that really makes such a difference! I would love to try CRT one day, but I feel like I might always get outvoted.
Awesome update! Looking forward to more.
It was an outstanding meal, we loved it!

Thank you so much! Those are some of my favorite photos from the whole trip.

The server was fantastic, I'm so upset that I lost the receipt (and therefore his name). I'd love to email Disney about how great he was.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
What a great update! Love the photos, you are really enjoying your new camera!

Thanks! I was putting that camera to work!

I loved how Maddie is so excited to be there, having great meets, and just taking it all in. You can tell it's a truly magical experience for her. I love when Kadence feels the magic too.

It's priceless isn't it?

Ahhh, the soup of the day, sound good, I have that! Put it on Seabasses tab!

So glad that someone picked up on that! I wonder how many people just think that I'm strange.

Your food looked good, I may try CTR for supper next year. We've only done breakfast.
You should try it! It was really good, much better than breakfast IMO. The food was way better than any other charater meals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
I'm glad CRT was so great for you! I know I loved it for dinner a year ago, but when I've been reading about breakfast there, it just doesn't seem worth it (and we did Akershus for breakfast and it really wasn't worth the price)

Breakfast was good experience, but dinner was outstanding. We'll definitely do it again!

I didn't think Akershus was too great for breakfast or dinner foodwise, but since we DDP I didn't really consider the price. We'll do Akershus for breakfast again for the princesses, but we'll stick to dinner at CRT.

The wishing ceremony is just too cute, I love it! I'm glad Maddie's wish came true!

Yay for good princessess (and may I add, the two who were the best, got down to her level.... good for them)

That's true! again, something I wouldn't have noticed! Belle and Aurora were great. We very rarely meet a "bad" Belle though.

I love CRT, and it's such a great place for people of any age, sure it's expensive, but it's IN THE CASTLE....the food is delicious, there are princesses, there's so much food, you get swords/wands, its possible to watch wishes while you eat, and it's IN THE CASTLE hahaha. It's a great time!
I can't wait to go back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Your dinner at CRT just sounds like it was wonderful! That's so good to hear! I've basically been dying to try that place out but I couldn't justify the 2-credits, because I hadn't heard such great things about the food... but now I'm changing my mind!

It was awesome! I would say that the dinner totally justified the 2 credits, but not the breakfast. It was way more signature food than character food. I hope that you try it one of these days, you'll love the atmosphere!

Those wishing pictures of Maddie seriously just made my day. She is so precious! Ahh, kids in Disney.
Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasyland Mom View Post
I totally agree with you--dinner at CRT is much better than breakfast! The breakfast food we've had there is average, but we loved the dinner food! Such a lovely way to end a day full of magic. I'm so excited to go back! I have been trying to decide what to order already (because who doesn't want to think about food all the time!?), and I was leaning toward the beef tenderloin. After seeing your pictures, I'm convinced! I had that same chowder last trip and loved it, as well. And Brandon is still talking about the cheese platter to this day!
I already know what I'll order when we go back! I'd get the exact same meal again. Wasn't that soup to die for? Bryan loved that cheese platter too!

It was the perfect end to a perfectly princess day!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: