Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-21-2012, 01:11 PM   #166
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
the pictures are all great! and I feel like that pp picture is the first time I've seen a picture of YOU!
Thanks! Most of the time I'm behind the camera, and some that DH takes of me aren't as flattering as I'd like. There should be more of me as the trip goes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Maddie reminds me of Kadence. She loves to dance around and twirl, showing the characters her "moves" My favorite was when she showed Ferb, how she danced like him, doing a little break dancing.

The Rapunzel wedding dress is being looked closely at by Kadence..... I think it maybe a good choice for next years trip

Now that we all know that the Merida from "Brave" is meeting in the old Rapunzel spot, how's the new spot for Rapunzel look?


Pinky swears? I can just imagine what kinds of ideas come to mind!

I do think donuts are a great idea!

I love that story about Kadence! That's fantastic!!!

The Rapunzel wedding dress is really pretty. It survived several trips around the parks and dinners too.

The new Rapunzel spot is CRAP. It was so disappointing. It seems like right now only Jasmine, Tiana, and the Fairies have appropriate places to meet. I know that lots of them are temporary so I haven't gotten too worked up about it. It was just such a great area for Rapunzel, so well done. And, from what I understand of the movie, Merida is not at all your typical princess. I wonder if the little girls will be as interested in her? I think it's great that Disney is introducing heroines who stand up for themselves and take care of business, don't get me wrong. Maybe the bigger girls who really understand the message will be into her. It better be a cool area for her. Rant over!

The pinkie promise could have gotten me into trouble. Luckily so far it's only been the doughnuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
It's so great your daughter is gung-ho about meeting characters. Eli will get into it in spurts. He met the princesses last time, but got really shy around them and talked into his chest.

I agree with a PP that I live vicariously though you for the "girly" things

She's the Queen of the Character Stalker. She's not gotten tired of it yet. She does get a little quiet with them sometimes when she's tired, but she still wants to be meeting them.

Awww. I'm glad to help! I've got the girliest girl there is, so we've got you guys covered.


Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Maddie really does like the characters, doesn't she?
She has really been having some excellent interactions with them.

I hope she'll let you get on some rides at some point.
She likes them a little. If it were up to her we'd do nothing but meet characters some days! She did have some great meets, and because of those, we keep lining up. If they were all boring (and we'll have one truly terrible one)we'd probably get to do something else!

I don't want to ruin the rest of the TR, but yes she'll let us get on a few rides at some point in the trip!
shan23877 is online now  
Old 05-21-2012, 01:54 PM   #167
megan511
Mouseketeer
 
megan511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 462

I agree with you on the Rapunzel thing. First they took Flynn away and I have seen pictures of her new area and the lighting looks really bad. Not to mention that based on the merchandising of her she seems to be one of, if not the most, popular princess! I don't get why they moved her. And I thought for sure Merida would be at DHS because shes Pixar! She could have been in Pooh's spot because you can only meet him 500 other places

However, I have seen the pics of Merida's meet and greet and it looks really cool. Even my son wants to meet her. They do archery lessons and she has a cart behind her with these adorable bear puppet/animatronic things. I am a little crazy about them, I have already decided that me and my two kids are getting one of each my husband thinks I'm nuts. I can let you know how it was as we leave on Friday!
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DS 6) (DD 4)
megan511 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #168
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 4,686

Ok, so I don't think I replied to the first princess post after reading it, so here goes haha:

SO CUTE, I definitely get like that in MK too, it's all about the characters! GAH I just want the newest Ariel story!! I love that Maddie caught on to the standing in line for more than one character thing, awesome!! Rosetta sounds great, I totally still use pinky promises for practically everything haha

I love that Aladdin! He's definitely not the *top* of ours (*cough* Tanessa's *cough*) list of princes haha!!
katt789 is offline  
Old 05-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #169
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
I agree with you on the Rapunzel thing. First they took Flynn away and I have seen pictures of her new area and the lighting looks really bad. Not to mention that based on the merchandising of her she seems to be one of, if not the most, popular princess! I don't get why they moved her. And I thought for sure Merida would be at DHS because shes Pixar! She could have been in Pooh's spot because you can only meet him 500 other places

However, I have seen the pics of Merida's meet and greet and it looks really cool. Even my son wants to meet her. They do archery lessons and she has a cart behind her with these adorable bear puppet/animatronic things. I am a little crazy about them, I have already decided that me and my two kids are getting one of each my husband thinks I'm nuts. I can let you know how it was as we leave on Friday!
Exactly! Rapunzel is wildly popular, and her area is so boring and nondescript now. Has nothing to do with her!

You're right, Merida would probably be a good addition to DHS. They're a little weak on regular character meets anyway. When we were in the animation building only Pooh (the 800th place we saw himyou're exactly right) and Sorcerer Mickey.

The pics of the DLR meet for Merida do look really cool, and you have to have her area ready when the movie comes out. I am just a little salty because Rapunzel's area was so amazing. I'm sure that I'll get over it

I'd love to see pictures from your vacation! Have a great trip! That's so exciting. I'd go back in 5 days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Ok, so I don't think I replied to the first princess post after reading it, so here goes haha:

SO CUTE, I definitely get like that in MK too, it's all about the characters! GAH I just want the newest Ariel story!! I love that Maddie caught on to the standing in line for more than one character thing, awesome!! Rosetta sounds great, I totally still use pinky promises for practically everything haha

I love that Aladdin! He's definitely not the *top* of ours (*cough* Tanessa's *cough*) list of princes haha!!
Thanks! She's a character girl through and through, and I love that she's got it figured out! The latest Ariel story is for the last day, but it's a GOOD one. Totally worth waiting on. Rosetta hit a home run again. She's been the best fairy we've met on both trips. So fun.

That Aladdin was amazing. He's always been a favorite of mine, and now Maddie loves him too. He was the favorite prince of the week, until we met Eric...

Not to worry, we went to MK 3 or 4 times! They'll be plenty of princess/prince moments to share!
shan23877 is online now  
Old 05-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #170
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,130

Playing catch up once again!

Sounds like y'all were off to a great start at MK! Cinderella & Belle were fantastic! I love how Cinderella spun around for Maddie. What's up with Aurora? We don't do princess meet & greets because Reid refuses & all. But, every TR I read talks about their interaction with Aurora being less than memorable.

Y'all were really getting some character meetings out of the way! And those photopass pics of Maddie are priceless!
amandaw is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 08:18 AM   #171
megan511
Mouseketeer
 
megan511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Exactly! Rapunzel is wildly popular, and her area is so boring and nondescript now. Has nothing to do with her!

You're right, Merida would probably be a good addition to DHS. They're a little weak on regular character meets anyway. When we were in the animation building only Pooh (the 800th place we saw himyou're exactly right) and Sorcerer Mickey.

The pics of the DLR meet for Merida do look really cool, and you have to have her area ready when the movie comes out. I am just a little salty because Rapunzel's area was so amazing. I'm sure that I'll get over it

I'd love to see pictures from your vacation! Have a great trip! That's so exciting. I'd go back in 5 days...!
Winnie the Pooh is everywhere which is weird because he's not even a Disney created character. And I am a big fan of the Pooh characters! Eeyore is my favorite character of them all, we are eating at Crystal Palace again so that I can see him. There are a lot of people who don't even like Winnie the pooh though so I dont know why they have him in every park.

DHS definitely makes more sense for Merida than MK which is already full of character meets. If Merida is going to stay there they should give Rapunzel a spot in Epcot or put her in the character meals. If she's going to the new princess meet in Fantasyland then I think it's rotating and random which princesses you get. There would be a lot of disappointed little girls if they couldn't see her.

I can definitely share some pictures! I am thinking of doing a TR when we get back, we have a lot of cool stuff planned and I learned so much reading other people's TRs.
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DS 6) (DD 4)
megan511 is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #172
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner
 
Caretames1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Central Wisconsin
Posts: 3,349

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
The new Rapunzel spot is CRAP. It was so disappointing. It seems like right now only Jasmine, Tiana, and the Fairies have appropriate places to meet. I know that lots of them are temporary so I haven't gotten too worked up about it. It was just such a great area for Rapunzel, so well done. And, from what I understand of the movie, Merida is not at all your typical princess. I wonder if the little girls will be as interested in her? I think it's great that Disney is introducing heroines who stand up for themselves and take care of business, don't get me wrong. Maybe the bigger girls who really understand the message will be into her. It better be a cool area for her. Rant over!
I've now heard the lightning was crap for Rapunzel, that is too bad. I though her area was perfect for her.

I also agree that Mereida maybe more suited to DHS. She isn't the MK kind of princess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
I And I thought for sure Merida would be at DHS because shes Pixar! She could have been in Pooh's spot because you can only meet him 500 other places
I agree!

502 last count!
__________________
2014, A Disney Free Year
IN PROGRESS: SURPRISE...You forgot WHAT!?!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3022868
SURPRISE! Can we do it again? Nov 2012 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post44413308
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #173
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 4,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Thanks! She's a character girl through and through, and I love that she's got it figured out! The latest Ariel story is for the last day, but it's a GOOD one. Totally worth waiting on. Rosetta hit a home run again. She's been the best fairy we've met on both trips. So fun.

That Aladdin was amazing. He's always been a favorite of mine, and now Maddie loves him too. He was the favorite prince of the week, until we met Eric...

Not to worry, we went to MK 3 or 4 times! They'll be plenty of princess/prince moments to share!
Hahah! Yay! I'm glad it's a good one!! Rosetta has always been great, I've found that she is always a good one to meet, she's never failed me either! Haha. That Aladdin is also great, I've met him before (and we met him later in the week when we tried for Tanny's bf again hah) And oh Prince Eric *swoon* Naveen may have stolen me last trip, but Eric will always be the original haha!!
katt789 is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 06:52 PM   #174
megan511
Mouseketeer
 
megan511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I agree!

502 last count!
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DS 6) (DD 4)
megan511 is offline  
Old 05-22-2012, 11:15 PM   #175
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,118

Hi guys! It's been an incredibly busy few days. We bought all of our appliances for the new house on Saturday, I had my going away party with my work friends on Sunday, Maddie's graduation from preschool on Monday, and I have long shifts at work today and Wednesday. I have most of the pictures uploaded for an update, but my internet connection has been really slow, so finishing them up has been a 3 day process. I hope to have an update up on Thursday. Thanks for sticking with me!
shan23877 is online now  
Old 05-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #176
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,118

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post


Hahah! Yay! I'm glad it's a good one!! Rosetta has always been great, I've found that she is always a good one to meet, she's never failed me either! Haha. That Aladdin is also great, I've met him before (and we met him later in the week when we tried for Tanny's bf again hah) And oh Prince Eric *swoon* Naveen may have stolen me last trip, but Eric will always be the original haha!!
That Aladdin was awesome. Definitely swoon worthy. I wondered if Naveen had permanently replaced Eric...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I've now heard the lightning was crap for Rapunzel, that is too bad. I though her area was perfect for her.

I also agree that Mereida maybe more suited to DHS. She isn't the MK kind of princess.



I agree!

502 last count!
Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
So we're all in agreement... Too much Pooh. I think that it'll be difficult to adjust to the princess meet being a crapshoot. We already do multiple visits to the fairies because we don't know who's out! I think Merida's area will be nice though. I hope that Rapunzel gets to keep her own line for a while longer, because hers is by far the most popular.
shan23877 is online now  
Old 05-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #177
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,130

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Hi guys! It's been an incredibly busy few days. We bought all of our appliances for the new house on Saturday, I had my going away party with my work friends on Sunday, Maddie's graduation from preschool on Monday, and I have long shifts at work today and Wednesday. I have most of the pictures uploaded for an update, but my internet connection has been really slow, so finishing them up has been a 3 day process. I hope to have an update up on Thursday. Thanks for sticking with me!
No worries! You know I definitely understand the madness of moving! I'm just glad to finally be caught up. Looks like y'all were having so much fun already!
amandaw is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 01:00 AM   #178
kmedina
Loves all things Disney
 
kmedina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: WDW for adults
Posts: 4,616

You're pretty busy too. Seems to be a theme with all of us. I am here anytime the next update is ready. Crap was just asking me if Xander was going to have a preschool graduations, but I have not heard anything. to Maddie's. They are getting so big! My nieces put on a play too that was adorable. I thought of Maddie, since she likes plays so much. I know your last day at work must have been hard. I was at my job for over 11 years and my friend almost made me lose it when she cried. She was there 5 years longer than I was. I miss her so much. Glad you're moving on though.
kmedina is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 06:02 AM   #179
megan511
Mouseketeer
 
megan511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 462

Congrats on your new appliances and house! So exciting!

I will look forward to updates whenever you have the time or when we get back from our trip
__________________
(ME) (DH) (DS 6) (DD 4)
megan511 is offline  
Old 05-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #180
wendy3
Mouseketeer
 
wendy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 253

I was intrigued by your TR title, and am now hooked by your delightful writing and lovely daughter. What a great report so far! Just yesterday my DD (who is now 20 and a junior in college) asked me if I ever missed the stage when she was little. I said not really, because every stage is wonderful in it's own way. However, reading your trip report and enjoying the sweet photos makes me a little sad that my days with a little princess are over. It's nice to be able to enjoy them vicariously through your trip report!

Someday I will be a MiL with a beautiful granddaughter and I will invite myself on every WDW trip they take I'll try to stay out of the photos, tho!
wendy3 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: