Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 05:17 AM   #1576
merbobear
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry you weren't feeling well on your last day! I had a similar dining experience at 'Ohana last year. I had gotten up at the crack of dawn 180 days beforehand to secure our reservation and I was absolutely determined to enjoy the food and atmosphere, but I was SO SICK. I was coming down with a bad cold that would end up lasting a couple weeks, and it was that first day where you just feel like the world is crashing down on your head. I still enjoyed the meal, but not to the extent that I had hoped, as I was somewhat delirious during parts of it!

Glad that M & B enjoyed their pool time and let you get in a nap!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:23 AM   #1577
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

We've not eaten at Tony's yet, but it's on my to do list for the future. I'm enjoying the decor and think it would be a nice quaint meal.
Too bad you weren't feeling well, being sick hampers even the best meals.

DH got the gold star for taking care of you! If 3 hours of sleep and you felt better is what you needed to enjoy the rest of the night, it was worth it.

I'm not ready to hear its over though.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #1578
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Thanks for the review of Tony's. I'm sorry that you weren't feeling very well, but I've never been there, partly because the place seems to be put down by most people. I love Italian food. I mean really, I don't care if it is fine dining Italian, or cheap sauce in a can Italian, it's all good... some great. I've just never been able to convince myself to try Tony's though with some other good options on property. I definitely want to eat there sometime though.

It is tragic that they messed up and put a meatball on Maddie's plain noodles. That was a nice save though with the Tramp story!

It is definitely a shame that you missed out on a few hours on your last afternoon, but it was obviously much needed. You were better off sleeping for a few hours than being miserable in the parks and risking an epic meltdown.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #1579
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Disclaimer** This may be the worst dining review ever as I was sick, fading fast, and couldn't taste much, and Bryan has a terrible memory. I did take notes though!
Well, that stinks. Being sick at Disney World should be against the law.

Quote:
We were seated near a multi-generation group of women who were the "Disney is trying to gouge us with these prices, I paid a lot of money for this vacation, and you'll enjoy it whether you like it or not" types of tourists. They were super unpleasant, but luckily they were almost finished when we got there. If they'd been there the whole time we were I may have lost my mind.
Sometimes I think there also should be a law against complaining. But then here I go, complaining about complaining.

Quote:
When our entrees arrived, Maddie was aghast to find her noodles had been served with one plain meatball atop the pile. We quickly explained that it was so she could nose it as Tramp had done and that not only appeased her, it made her giggle. Bryan was happy to take the meatball off her hand once the photo was taken.
Nice save! Impressively quick-thinking there.

Quote:
Bryan took charge and asked Maddie if she'd like some pool time with dad. She very much liked that idea, so despite my objections we'd be taking the afternoon off.
Sounds like he knew what he was doing.

Quote:
Over all the meal was fine. Tony's won't be a place that we return to trip after trip, but we aren't opposed to going back someday. The atmosphere was very cute, and the service very pleasant, but the food was sort of 'meh'. Don't expect fine Italian food (go to Via Napoli for that), but if you're a big fan of Lady and the Tramp Tony's is worth a stop.
I'd agree with that. Via Napoli is fantastic, but I've never understood the hate for Tony's. I was perfectly happy there. Then again, I don't think I've ever had a bad meal at Disney.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #1580
Disney9.9.10
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry that you weren't feeling well on your last day. It was good of your husband to take charge and let you get some rest. We ate at Tony's in 2010 and while we liked it, it didn't wow us either.

Dec 1988 - First Trip! * 1989 * 1990 * 1992 - Polynesian * 1996 - ASMu - Dance Trip for Disney's Magic Music Days * Dec 2002 - DCL Wonder & ASMo * March 2004 * March 2005 - Pop * August 2007 - ASMu * September 2010 - Grand Floridian - Wedding/Honeymoon Trip! * August 2011 - AKL Kidani Village * December 2012 - CSR

Krysten Michael Evelyn and Scarlett Mommy to an Angel

Old 01-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #1581
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Sick or not, your review of Tony's was great. Thank you. It's a place we've never been yet, but it gets such bad reports usually... we'll have to see. I am glad yours was good

Glad DH took control and you got a rest in... see - it worked! We won't tell him he was right. Can't wait to see how the night goes.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #1582
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

I am sorry you felt so poorly, we have had a few really great experiences at Tony's!

I hope that the rest of the night you were feeling better!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #1583
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Glad she's loving the American Girl doll! I can't wait to see the pictures from American Girl place!

Sadly, I must report that while Ariel's new grotto is amazingly done and well themed, there was no Prince Eric to be found

We almost ate at Tony's while we were there and I'm kinda glad we didn't now!

Getting sick on vacation, especially Disney is terrible but at least Maddie and your husband allowed/encouraged the rest! Hope you got better quickly!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
Old 01-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #1584
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Luvin the update. Tony's looks cool inside I've never been. I love the not impressed look on Maddies face at the meatball on her noodles
Old 01-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #1585
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Disclaimer**
FYI. Around here, the correct spelling for that is DISclaimer.

Quote:
This may be the worst dining review ever as I was sick, fading fast, and couldn't taste much, and Bryan has a terrible memory. I did take notes though!
Okay, we'll forgive you... this time.

Quote:
We were excited for this meal as we are all great fans of both Italian food and Lady and the Tramp.
Who isn't? I really don't know too many people who don't like Italian food.

Do you think that there's someone in Italy right now thinking, "I really don't know too many people who don't like American food"?

Quote:
We were seated near a multi-generation group of women who were the "Disney is trying to gouge us with these prices, I paid a lot of money for this vacation, and you'll enjoy it whether you like it or not" types of tourists.
Ugh.

"Excuse me, but I paid a lot of money to come to Disney and get away from people like you. Would you mind going away? Thanks a bunch."

Quote:
If they'd been there the whole time we were I may have lost my mind.
ummm.... Shan? Uh, don't know how to break this to you, but... umm... you know where you say you may have lost your mind?...

Quote:
Maddie shocked us by ordering the fruit.

Quote:
The bread was fantastic (must be really good because even in my altered state I loved it)
"altered state"? Ah, so you've already accepted it. Good for you. Acceptance is the first step.

Quote:

When our entrees arrived, Maddie was aghast to find her noodles had been served with one plain meatball atop the pile. We quickly explained that it was so she could nose it as Tramp had done and that not only appeased her, it made her giggle. Bryan was happy to take the meatball off her hand once the photo was taken.

Awesome pic! And great save with the "nose it as Tramp had done" line. Did she try and nose it?

Quote:
Theres a good chance that the ziti at Tonys Town Square is delicious, but at the time I tried it I was feeling so poorly that it tasted like flavorless mush to me.

Bryan found the chicken parm to be average.
I did a thread several years ago asking what people thought was the worst restaurant in WDW. Tony's was pretty high on the list. It came in an unofficial 2nd place I believe.

Quote:
I laid down on the bed "for a few minutes" and woke up 3 hours later.
You know you're sick when...

Poor Shan...

Quote:
Once I woke up I was feeling much more human than I had after lunch, so we cleaned ourselves up and headed out determined to enjoy the last night of our vacation.
Yay for feeling better! Hope it lasted the night.
Thanks for the chapter Shanopedia.

Teenage Mutant Backseat Dancers - A Canadian Buffoon Adventure
Canadian Buffoon's Vacation - PTR/mini TR
Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 01-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #1586
disneydreaminA115
Long time lurker - coming out to play!

Quote:
So, so glad that you joined in! You are tied for my favorite post of the day!

Thank you so very much! She certainly loves WDW and immerses herself in the magic. I am certain that I'll have a Disney Bride on my hands someday.

Please don't be a stranger!
Aw thank you! I'm doing a pretty good job of indoctrinating my little princesses I think they'll be sufficiently obsessed in another year or two haha

It's so funny you said that, I tell my DH that I'll agree to pay for their weddings in full as long as they're Disney weddings. lol!

so sorry you got sick at the end of your trip though! That's always the worst

*The evening star is shining bright, so make a wish and hold on tight, there's magic in the air tonight and anything could happen*

Grand Floridian Dec 2012 - The Sweetest Little Disneymoon Ever! **In Progress**
POP/POFQ Dec 2011 - Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World - A First Timers Black Friday Trip Report!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #1587
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

So sorry you weren't feeling good. My family went to Tony's on our first trip and we all really enjoyed it! If you ever go back I suggest a flatbread for lunch. YUM!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 01-12-2013, 05:30 AM   #1588
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well!!! Hopefully you were feeling better after a rest at the resort!
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 PM   #1589
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Phew, only two updates to catch up on. First let me say that I will be borrowing your idea of starting each chapter with "The one with...". I just don't have enough (any) catchy titles for this trip. I sucked at note taking.

Being sick on vacation sucks, but being sick on your very last day is even worse. I would have been like you, trying to push myself to stay in the parks. I'm glad taking a nap helped you feel better so you could at least enjoy the evening.

Quote:

I'm in love with these Animators' Dolls. I really really really wanted to buy one for Claudia this trip, but Ron preferred to wait until she was old enough to have a favorite princess/choose one herself. I'm a bit upset I let him convince me. I just hope they still have this collection in a few years! Maddie is so lucky to have gotten not one, but two of those dolls! She got the one I would have bought, Mulan.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #1590
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

I'm joining in super late...

What a great trip report! Your daughter is adorable, and your video of the surprise at the beginning was an absolute hoot! I loved it!

I hope the afternoon at the pool was fun for Maddie and relaxing for you...

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: