Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #1531
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

BOO on ROI! I hate when that happens. I'm glad Maddie got some great attention from Eric!

All great character attention that day! And to ride pirates! Kadence still has hesitation about it.

Love the Castle picture, and why is it whenever a great picture is taken our kids look away!? Kadence is great for that.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 12-28-2012, 02:37 PM   #1532
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Well, all I have to say to Ms. ROI and her father is:

Seriously, if they were only people in a mask or costume, why are you standing in line 10 year old? God, I hate when kids/parents do that.

I just loved all the updates. The picture of you and Maddie is probably my favorite by far, but I do love the ones where she is meeting with Eric and Ariel and Goody just warm my heart. Good for Eric for making Maddie "believe" again.

Good to have you back, Shannon.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #1533
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

the character meets look like alot of fun. I really want to meet the White Rabbit and I love the pic of you all with the Castle in the background even if Maddie isn't looking at the camera
Old 12-28-2012, 03:09 PM   #1534
katt789
DIS Veteran

Aw man, I can't believe the little ruin-ers that are around at Disney. I've gotten to the point that anyone I'm at Disney with says "friends with Ariel" or whoever, I mean, you never know who's little ears are listening around DW! I'm glad that some awesome character meets made up for it!

That's an awesome shot infront of the castle in LS, I've never seen that one before, love the backdrop!!

Yay for 2 rides! Bahaha! Hey, I was in the park for like, 2.5 days and I think I went on 1 or 2 rides in MK!

Hope the holidays are going great for you!!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #1535
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

So sad the RoI said that to your DD

I'm nervous about my DS doing something like that, but he's only 3. Someone told him on Halloween that they were "Just Costumes" so he wouldn't be scared. I keep trying to tell him that Disney World is the home to the REAL characters, but he says- "they're just costumes, right!?" Breaks my heart! I don't want him to be scared, but I want him to believe in the magic!!!

7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
Old 12-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #1536
pkondz
Hoping to get lucky
Bow-chicka-bow-wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Many, many moons ago I left off with our heroes boarding the monorail and heading for the Magic Kingdom.
That is one looooong monorail ride!

Quote:
Unfortunately Maddie had declined to wear her Rapunzel wedding dress on our last morning, so we wouldn’t be getting any Rapunzel/Rapuzel pictures.
You should have yelled and screamed at her and told her she ruined the vacation that you spent a lot of money on.

At least that seems to be the response I typically see.

Quote:
The princess didn’t begin greeting the public until 9:20, but we had a pretty good spot in line. We were done meeting her by 9:30.
That was quick. You must've been one of the first in line?

Quote:
I can’t wait until the official Princess M&G area is open.
It's odd isn't it that on the one hand, I'm glad my DDs have outgrown any desire to do Princess M&Gs... and on the other hand, I'm sad that my DDs have outgrown any desire to do Princess M&Gs.

Quote:
Up next on the little princess’s agenda was a visit with Ariel and Eric. We buzzed on over there as quickly as possible because they began greeting at 9:35.
Buzz is in the other direction...

Quote:
Along the way--One of my favorite photos of the two of us
Very nice shot of the two of you.

Quote:
The line wasn’t too long, but there was a very chatty young lady of about 10 years old lined up in front of us I believe that her name was Ruiner of Innocence. ... The Ruiner replied that it was kind of fun but she didn’t really care since “they are just people in suits anyway”
<sigh> I don't blame the 10yr old for this one... at and around that age, they start to question things and are pretty conflicted with trying to make sense of what they hear from different sources and what they see. She may have thought she was 'helping' Maddie, or perhaps assumed that Maddie was as 'knowledgeable' as she was. It's up to the parents though to tell them not to ruin it for the other kids who still believe.

I remember when my youngest came home upset because someone at school had told her that Santa Claus was really her parents. "That's crazy!" I replied. "How could I possibly deliver all those presents to all the kids in the World???"

She accepted that.

Quote:
Well folks, you can imagine how my daughter reacted. Her face fell and her eyes filled with tears. She turned to her dad and I with question written all over her face.
Awwww... poor Maddie.

Quote:
I immediately went into damage control mode and said everything a bit more loudly than necessary hoping that the Ruiner of Innocence and her father would overhear and get the hint that the Ruiner of Innocence should keep her mouth shut henceforth.
Atta girl.

Quote:
She really needed to know where Max the dog was if A & E were out in the park all day.
Good question.

Quote:
“Yes, I love your musical there. It’s my second favorite musical in all of Walt Disney World”.

Quote:
After hugs, as Maddie was moving away (and still talking) Eric was doing his best to get Maddie’s attention. He was holding one of her hands and just before she left them, he leaned down and kissed her hand. Maddie stopped mid-sentence, stared at him, and then began to grin. She floated back to us.
Right there is why I love Disney.

Quote:
Along the way Mads declared that she was starving and had to have popcorn. None of the carts were open yet, and she was not pleased about having to wait.
Well... yeah. When I want popcorn, I want it now. I completely understand.

Quote:
The day was getting warm, and I was starting to feel even worse. Maddie was getting grumpy, and Bryan was getting sick of both of us. He left us to wait and went off in search of popcorn.
I feel his pain, I truly do.

Quote:
We headed back toward Main Street where the popcorn is a given, but along the way Maddie spied a Mickey shaped pretzel and changed her mind. She declared it the ‘best pretzel ever’.
It's a child's prerogative to change her mind when it comes to snack food. Especially where pretzels and popcorn are involved. When she's older and wiser, she will of course learn that the correct answer for this dilemma is "both".

Quote:
She loves hugging Donald since he’s so soft, and she made sure to remind him that she’d be seeing him that night at dinner.
You had DUCK FOR DINNER?!?!?!?

Quote:
Maddie giggled during most of the ride and told us often that none of the pirates were real.
Not real? What? What do you mean? They're real aren't they?

Aren't they?

Quote:
Once the ride was over she was thrilled with herself, and spent the next hour or so saying “Arrr me hearties, I’ll make ya walk the plank”

Quote:

Love that shot.

That there is one happy kidlet!

Quote:
Mads was on a roll, and declared it to be teacups time.
Words I dreaded hearing. Ponzis and teacups do not go well together.

Must.
Stop.

t h e

s P i N n
i N
g...

Quote:
On our way to Fantasyland, we popped into the Christmas Store to buy another ornament that I'd decided I couldn't live without.
There are some things in life that can't be done without.

Wait... did that sentence make sense?

Sure, it did... maybe.

Quote:
Then she suggested that she take Maddie outside to see Santa's 'real sleigh' and told her all about how he stores it there during the off season.
Ah... I always wondered how he kept it so nice in such a harsh climate.

Quote:
Maddie loved it, and the magic had been officially restored.
Yay!

Quote:
Waiting in line for the teacups-self decorating with stickers
Well... of course.

Quote:
White Rabbit thoroughly entertained her by putting her book on top of her head to sign it. She giggled the whole time and still talks about that meeting today.
You just never know what will an impression.

Quote:
It was nearly time for our lunch reservation, so we decided to slowly make our way toward the front of the park. For those keeping score that's 2 rides between rope drop and lunchtime, but I guess that’s how we roll .
Who says you have to go on rides to have fun at MK? There's plenty to see and do... the rides are a perk.

Thanks for the chapter(s) Shanapop

Canadian Buffoon European Vacation
Just a silly little TR - run away!

1977 - offsite 1987 - offsite 1992 - offsite 2005 - POR (never going offsite again!!!) 2009 - ASMu
Old 12-29-2012, 01:50 AM   #1537
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
I remember when my youngest came home upset because someone at school had told her that Santa Claus was really her parents. "That's crazy!" I replied. "How could I possibly deliver all those presents to all the kids in the World???"

She accepted that.
holy cow!!! what a GREAT comeback!! you obviously think well on your feet, young man! (wish I had thought of that during the tooth fairy incident)
Old 12-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #1538
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Definitely still here!!

Aw I can't believe someone said that to poor Maddie! What is wrong with parents these days?

So glad Ariel and Eric could fix it! They were pretty awesome when I met them last year too! I had a zebra print pen and apparently they were playing a game where they both yelled zebra when they saw zebra print and were in contest to find the most

I wonder if Ariel still meets with Eric now that her grotto is back? I'll be sad not to see him when we go next week

How clever of Maddie to decide that Donald and Goofy were in cahoots to find out about her dining plans! She's too cute

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!

Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR

July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth
Old 12-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #1539
LaniesMom
Mouseketeer

Hi Shannon, I am a lurker who just sent you a PM to introduce myself. Have been following since the beginning and I am coming out of lurk-dom to comment on the RoI. In my best Stephanie Tanner voice: "How rude!"

Thank you for posting your experience & quick-on-your-feet response. I'm taking my 4 y/o in May for a "big girls" trip. (Leaving Daddy and baby sister at home). My M is skeptical because a 10 year old neighbor told my sweetie that WDW "sucks" & "lame" b/c it's just "people dressed up in costumes". My response has been--if it was lame, I wouldn't be going for all of these years now. I figure (hope?) if she sees how much I am still into the magic, she will be too.
In this case, I think our RoI was repeating what she heard from her less-than-enthusiastic parents about their WDW trip this past summer when they went in the heat of July & ran into some Brazilian tour groups and didn't follow my touring advice....
Next trip: May 2013--Happy Birthday to me! POR RGR

Me DH DD(4) DD(infant) our family is complete!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:20 PM   #1540
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

You may have only done two rides, but I think you may have hit just about every character! I'm in awe of your character finding prowess!

So glad that the older girl didn't ruin the magic for Maddie. She may just have been clueless, I'd like to think that an older child wouldn't purposely ruin the fun for younger kids, but I guess you never know!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:49 PM   #1541
smidgy
dimples

now that I think about it, I remember when the first Christmas my neice didn't believe in Santa Claus. she was SO proud of her "maturity", and everytime she opened a present, made a point of thanking her mom and dad, profusely!!!, to show everyone that "she knew the secret".

my SIL and BIL had to keep telling her younger brothers, and my 2 boys that once you reach a certain age, Santa stops bringing presents and mom and dad take over. (cause try as they might, there was NO "shushing" her!)
Old 12-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #1542
disneydreaminA115
Long time lurker - coming out to play!

I've been lurking on your TRs for a while, starting with your previous one, and I have to say I am just enchanted by how sweet your daughter is! My girls aren't quite that old yet, but I hope when they are they love the magic of Disney as much as your daughter (and I!) do!

*The evening star is shining bright, so make a wish and hold on tight, there's magic in the air tonight and anything could happen*

Grand Floridian Dec 2012 - The Sweetest Little Disneymoon Ever! **In Progress**
POP/POFQ Dec 2011 - Eating and Napping Our Way Through The World - A First Timers Black Friday Trip Report!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:54 PM   #1543
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
for the ROI and her parents!!! sheesh!!!!

(when our oldest, Todd, was about 6 he lost a tooth, and we put it under the pillow. we went out that night, and the babysitter told him that there was NO tooth fairy, his parents put the money there!!!!!! I was FURIOUS!!!!!)

I'm happy her faith was restored!!! she is just darling!
Oh my goodness! I would have been so mad at that babysitter!!! How awful!

I was so upset. Maddie has an incredible memory, and she plays her cards pretty close to the vest, so who knows what she's really thinking. I think the M&Gs she had that day helped though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Love the update!

Y'all got in so many character meets! It's so interesting to see a different take on touring since Reid is all about rides and rarely wants to meet a character.

As for that ROI! I'm glad you were able to do damage control and that the characters that morning helped to restore her belief in the magic.

And that's great that Maddie braved Pirates! Love that ride so much!
Oh you know we have to do the M&Gs! I wonder if I'll miss them when she's older. Maddie seems to go in phases, for a few hours all she wants to do is meet characters then she'll be all about the rides.

I was sooooo upset that that kid said that to her. I think she believed me, but she tends to be really cagey about stuff. I have a feeling that what RoI said is still floating around in her head somewhere.

She loved Pirates! Liked a whole lot more than HM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Ugh. What a shame about that Disney Magic Non-Believer. I sincerely hope that the adult(s) in her party told her to not say those kinds of things to other children that really do believe in the magic.

HOWEVER, it sounds like the characters that you guys met that day were awesome!!! Yay for them resorting Maddie's faith in the magic!
The kid's dad didn't even seem to care, but I hope that he just didn't want to call attention to it and talked to her later.

Those characters we met were all awesome! Just the anecdote we needed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
Oh wow, I love this picture! That is such a nice backdrop & a little off the beaten photopass path

I can't believe the RoI said such horrible things to Maddy. Just people in suits..unbelievable. My dd has been saying that to me lately, and I keep saying "That's not true..where did you hear that?" because I want to get to the bottom of it. I am thinking that it was said in reference to something else..like a spooky costume on halloween maybe, and she is applying it to all characters/costumes now. Hopefully when we are in WDW again the magic will take over, because this past May she truly believed that she was meeting the REAL Mickey/Cindy/Etc.

Hmm...I always have a billion things to comment on and then blank as I am actually replying. Oh, I know, I love that Rapunzel has moved inside as well, because her outdoors line has always been so dang long that we haven't met her yet! I haven't looked at the timeline of when the official princess meet & greet will be opened, but assuming it's not yet for our next trip, we will be FPing our way in to meet her!
We loved that photo spot! It's just outside the Christmas store, you should check it out!

That is so sad! I really hope that she continues to believe. I told Bryan that I was more sad at the thought of her not believing in the Disney characters than her not believing in Santa!

The Rapunzel line is always so crazy! I am soo glad that she's FPable now. I just wish that Merida was too--we're going to have to see her next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
Great updates! We are out of the character phase, but my DD (now 11) believed up until she was 9! I loved it but she's still very magical about it. Way to handle ROI, I am glad the characters all helped to reinforce it throughout the morning.. It's like they all knew she needed that.

To your title... I officially invited my MIL (and FIL) on our Jul/Aug vacation. I said "just the first 2 days..". We moved a good 12 hr drive away and they miss the kids... We'll see! :-)
I thought the same thing-it was as though the characters sensed that we really needed some magic that morning.

I'm so glad that your DD still loves the magic, I'm hoping that even after Maddie knows what's going on she'll still enjoy it.

Oh boy! Good luck! I sure hope that you have a good experience. Sounds like you will though if your in laws are going because they miss the kids. I can't wait to hear how it turns out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney9.9.10 View Post
Great update! I don't understand why this father would just stand there and let RoI talk to your DD like that. If your child doesn't believe, that is fine, but teach them not to ruin it for other children. I'm glad that you had so many wonderful character experiences that restored Maddie's faith. The pictures are all so cute and really caption how she must have been feeling.
I wondered that too, but others have mentioned that the dad may not have been able to stop the RoI. That's something I hadn't considered, but I sure was upset.

She had the best character day, those CMs made a HUGE difference.

Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
It is funny that you made this comment, because the whole time I was reading this update I was thinking about how glad I am that DS is more interested in riding than meeting characters most of the time (althought I'm sure that will change in time). I know if our kids enjoy the characters as much as Maddie, our park touring plan will become very similar to yours! Oh well, even with only 2 rides, you got to see a lot of characters and see the welcome show. That's not a bad morning at all!

It really is a shame that someone had to try to ruin the magic for Maddie, but that was a good save on your part and a lucky meeting with a very good Ariel and Eric. Thank goodness it wasn't one of those subpar character interactions right after she heard those comments.
I thought of you when I tallied the rides! I know that our character obsession won't last long, so for now we're happy to do it. I think I'll miss it a little bit when she's over it.

We got so very lucky with that Ariel and Eric. We've always met great Erics there but this one really saved the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I got so upset reading about Ruiner of Innocence. Then I cried at Maddie's encounter with Ariel & Eric. Finally, I smiled at all the other great character (and CM) interactions she got. Yay! The magic prevailed!

That shot with the castle in the background is so interesting!
Oh Mel, I just love you.

Thank goodness for that Ariel and Eric. They seriously saved the magic for my baby girl.

It's in the Christmas shop! So nice to have a different photo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
I read your whole TR yesterday, and as a result made a reservation at 'Ohana

I love your writing style and your photos! Now I have to go find you finished one from before!
Thank you so much for joining in! You win for my favorite post of the day!!!

I think you'll love 'Ohana! We can't wait to go back.

Thank you so much! Don't be a stranger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You guys were on a roll with the character meet and greets! Why oh why did Ruiner of Innocence feel the need to tell Maddie that the characters were just people in costumes? Thank goodness there were magical moments quickly after that that restored Maddie's faith that the characters were real.
Lisa, I was soooo sad. I am so grateful to the CMs who saved the day for my little princess. It was as if they sensed how much she needed it.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:05 AM   #1544
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
BOO on ROI! I hate when that happens. I'm glad Maddie got some great attention from Eric!

All great character attention that day! And to ride pirates! Kadence still has hesitation about it.

Love the Castle picture, and why is it whenever a great picture is taken our kids look away!? Kadence is great for that.
Carey I was so upset! If you could have seen the look on Maddie's face.

She had such great character interaction that day! I wish that I could personally thank all those CMs. They really saved the day.

Ugggghhh. You are so right! It's so hard to get a photo of all 3 of us smiling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Well, all I have to say to Ms. ROI and her father is:

Seriously, if they were only people in a mask or costume, why are you standing in line 10 year old? God, I hate when kids/parents do that.

I just loved all the updates. The picture of you and Maddie is probably my favorite by far, but I do love the ones where she is meeting with Eric and Ariel and Goody just warm my heart. Good for Eric for making Maddie "believe" again.

Good to have you back, Shannon.
I wondered why they were in line too Kathy! It was so disappointing.

That Eric stole my heart as well as Maddie's. He was amazing and really saved the day.

Thanks Kathy-it's good to be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
the character meets look like alot of fun. I really want to meet the White Rabbit and I love the pic of you all with the Castle in the background even if Maddie isn't looking at the camera
Thanks! She loves meeting characters, and we have so much fun watching her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Aw man, I can't believe the little ruin-ers that are around at Disney. I've gotten to the point that anyone I'm at Disney with says "friends with Ariel" or whoever, I mean, you never know who's little ears are listening around DW! I'm glad that some awesome character meets made up for it!

That's an awesome shot infront of the castle in LS, I've never seen that one before, love the backdrop!!

Yay for 2 rides! Bahaha! Hey, I was in the park for like, 2.5 days and I think I went on 1 or 2 rides in MK!

Hope the holidays are going great for you!!
Katt, I love that your friends know not to accidentally spoil the magic for the little ones. That's awesome.

The characters were great! That Eric really stole her heart (again).

The photo op is just outside the Christmas Shoppe! You should check it out.

Thanks Katt, I hope that your holidays were great too. What is Boxing Day BTW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindianne320 View Post
So sad the RoI said that to your DD

I'm nervous about my DS doing something like that, but he's only 3. Someone told him on Halloween that they were "Just Costumes" so he wouldn't be scared. I keep trying to tell him that Disney World is the home to the REAL characters, but he says- "they're just costumes, right!?" Breaks my heart! I don't want him to be scared, but I want him to believe in the magic!!!
Oh no! I've told Maddie the same thing about Halloween-she's a scaredy cat. Somehow she never made the connection that the characters at Disney might not be real. In fact, she'll tell you that WDW is where the princesses actually live.

I hope that your son believes. It's such fun.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:25 AM   #1545
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkondz View Post
That is one looooong monorail ride!

It's like a new ride!

You should have yelled and screamed at her and told her she ruined the vacation that you spent a lot of money on.

At least that seems to be the response I typically see.

Crap! You're right! That's what all the really good parents seem to do at WDW.

That was quick. You must've been one of the first in line?

Pretty close. We were probably 10th in line. Rapunzel didn't have much to say to the kids that morning.

It's odd isn't it that on the one hand, I'm glad my DDs have outgrown any desire to do Princess M&Gs... and on the other hand, I'm sad that my DDs have outgrown any desire to do Princess M&Gs.

I think I'll feel the same way. While I'd love to get more rides in, I do love watching Maddie meet the characters she loves so much. It'll be sad when she just wants to ride Space Mt. over and over.

Buzz is in the other direction...

I knew we should have stopped for a map!

Very nice shot of the two of you.

Thanks Ponz!

<sigh> I don't blame the 10yr old for this one... at and around that age, they start to question things and are pretty conflicted with trying to make sense of what they hear from different sources and what they see. She may have thought she was 'helping' Maddie, or perhaps assumed that Maddie was as 'knowledgeable' as she was. It's up to the parents though to tell them not to ruin it for the other kids who still believe.

That's a good point. I suppose I could find myself on the other side of that some day. I do really blame the parent-he not only should have prepped her, he also should have jumped in. To the kids credit, she was very sweet and didn't say another word about it once she heard me tell Maddie that they were real.

She accepted that.

Excellent! My mom said something similar. She added that she wasn't handy enough to make all the toys either.

Right there is why I love Disney.

AMAZING.

Well... yeah. When I want popcorn, I want it now. I completely understand.

I feel his pain, I truly do.

I knew you'd understand!

It's a child's prerogative to change her mind when it comes to snack food. Especially where pretzels and popcorn are involved. When she's older and wiser, she will of course learn that the correct answer for this dilemma is "both".

She has a lot to learn.

You had DUCK FOR DINNER?!?!?!?

Love that shot.

That there is one happy kidlet!

Thank you! She sure is.

Words I dreaded hearing. Ponzis and teacups do not go well together.

Must.
Stop.

t h e

s P i N n
i N
g...

Her dad feels the same way. He refuses to ride "throw up rides". I take one for the team.

You just never know what will an impression.

She now ADORES the White Rabbit. He made her so happy.

Who says you have to go on rides to have fun at MK? There's plenty to see and do... the rides are a perk.

Thanks for the chapter(s) Shanapop
That's what we think! At least for a while longer.

Thanks Ponzerooni.

Quote:
holy cow!!! what a GREAT comeback!! you obviously think well on your feet, young man! (wish I had thought of that during the tooth fairy incident)
That was good wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
Definitely still here!!

Aw I can't believe someone said that to poor Maddie! What is wrong with parents these days?

So glad Ariel and Eric could fix it! They were pretty awesome when I met them last year too! I had a zebra print pen and apparently they were playing a game where they both yelled zebra when they saw zebra print and were in contest to find the most

I wonder if Ariel still meets with Eric now that her grotto is back? I'll be sad not to see him when we go next week

How clever of Maddie to decide that Donald and Goofy were in cahoots to find out about her dining plans! She's too cute
So glad you're still following!

I was so sad for my baby girl. She was devastated.

I sure hope that Eric will still be out -at least part of the time. Will you please let me know? He's always been so amazing to Maddie, and has really really made her day on more than one occasion. I'll be bummed if she can't meet him anymore.

She's a nut! She was really excited for dinner that night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniesMom View Post
Hi Shannon, I am a lurker who just sent you a PM to introduce myself. Have been following since the beginning and I am coming out of lurk-dom to comment on the RoI. In my best Stephanie Tanner voice: "How rude!"

Thank you for posting your experience & quick-on-your-feet response. I'm taking my 4 y/o in May for a "big girls" trip. (Leaving Daddy and baby sister at home). My M is skeptical because a 10 year old neighbor told my sweetie that WDW "sucks" & "lame" b/c it's just "people dressed up in costumes". My response has been--if it was lame, I wouldn't be going for all of these years now. I figure (hope?) if she sees how much I am still into the magic, she will be too.
In this case, I think our RoI was repeating what she heard from her less-than-enthusiastic parents about their WDW trip this past summer when they went in the heat of July & ran into some Brazilian tour groups and didn't follow my touring advice....
It's so nice to meet you! I'm headed to the PM to respond right after this!

I so hope that your little princess will believe. I think what helps Maddie is that the CMs know their 'roles' so well. They've always been able to give her great answers to her 100s of questions.

Why won't people listen? Drives me crazy when people go in without a plan and then come home and tell everyone that WDW sucks.

I can't wait to hear about you trip! Will you do a TR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
You may have only done two rides, but I think you may have hit just about every character! I'm in awe of your character finding prowess!

So glad that the older girl didn't ruin the magic for Maddie. She may just have been clueless, I'd like to think that an older child wouldn't purposely ruin the fun for younger kids, but I guess you never know!
Marissa if you ever need help finding characters I'm your girl!

I was so, so sad that she said that. I hope that you're right. Maddie hasn't said anything else about it, but she plays her cards pretty close to the vest so who knows.

How are things? How's the new prince?

Quote:
now that I think about it, I remember when the first Christmas my neice didn't believe in Santa Claus. she was SO proud of her "maturity", and everytime she opened a present, made a point of thanking her mom and dad, profusely!!!, to show everyone that "she knew the secret".

my SIL and BIL had to keep telling her younger brothers, and my 2 boys that once you reach a certain age, Santa stops bringing presents and mom and dad take over. (cause try as they might, there was NO "shushing" her!)
You guys are probably right. I know that once Maddie reaches that age she might be tough to stop if she wants to spill the beans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreaminA115 View Post
I've been lurking on your TRs for a while, starting with your previous one, and I have to say I am just enchanted by how sweet your daughter is! My girls aren't quite that old yet, but I hope when they are they love the magic of Disney as much as your daughter (and I!) do!

So, so glad that you joined in! You are tied for my favorite post of the day!

Thank you so very much! She certainly loves WDW and immerses herself in the magic. I am certain that I'll have a Disney Bride on my hands someday.

Please don't be a stranger!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: