Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #136
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I am officially done with my Trip Report, so I can now concentrate on all of yours and NOT get behind again.

I'm glad the rain did not last too long and that Maddie got happy when she saw the rain end. Our son stayed at CBR with his baseball team in 2009 (he's a coach) and he had that PhillySteak sandwich the whole time they were there (he didn't like the looks of any of the other food ).

Glad you finally got to the MK and that Maddie got to see her Princesses. The pictures are absolutely priceless...especially the ones with Cinderella and Maddie with their dresses swirling.

RIP Genie
Old 05-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #137
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness, Maddie's meeting with the Princesses is just priceless. I would have gotten welled up with tears too if I had witnessed that.

You're not the only person I've read a TR from that says they were underwhelmed by Sleeping Beauty. Wonder what the deal is with that.

Maddie looks absolutely beautiful in that dress. I love it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #138
Sunstar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Aww! What a magical experience with the princesses! I love the fact that Cinderella danced for Maddie!

The Aurora we met was pretty dull too! I wonder what it is about her exactly. Maybe she's just too sleepy. Maddie looks adorable in all her photos! I love the Rapunzel wedding dress!
Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney film and I'm always disappointed with the Auroras I've met in the parks. My only guess is that Aurora is on screen for so little of the movie that it's hard to get a grasp on her personality.

Katie and Kellan's Disneymoon PTR Mr. and Mrs. Potts Take a Honeymoon Holiday
Caribbean Beach April 1989 * Off Site WDW/US Aug 1994 * Port Orleans French Quarter/IOA Aug 1996 * Disneyland Paris April 1999 * Coronado Springs/IOA Aug 2000 * Coronado Springs Aug 2006 * Disneyland Resort Feb 2008 * Coronado Springs Aug 2011 - Our Disneymoon! * Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room!) - May 2014

Old 05-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #139
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasdisneygal View Post
Hi! I'm here kind of late but I'm all caught up! It looks like your trip is off to a good start, minus the bit of rain. Your daughter's Rapunzel dress is adorable and the princess pictures are wonderful.
Welcome! Thanks for joining in! It was a pretty good start, but it had been a long morning already, so it was hard not to focus on the bad at the time.

Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I love that Maddie was dancing at the bus stop. Xander likes to dance all the time too. They really would get along well. The Beast getting his fur tangled on Test Track is funny. Maddie looks as beautiful as the princesses in that lovely dress. I cannot wait to see her picture with Rapunzel.
Oh yeah, she dances all the time. In fact, she did so much dancing she wore holes in the bottom of her princess shoes on the day she went to BBB!

I bet that they would get along, she really loves to shop too!

She thought that it was hilarious that Beast's fur gets tangled. She still talks about it all the time.

Thank you! (spoiler) you'll have to wait for that Rapunzel pic unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardingk View Post
Aren't those princesses amazing! They always take the time to interact with the girls! I get awe struck too!
They really are. Some of the CMs are so incredible. It takes a special person to do what they do, but it must be so rewarding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
What a great visit with the princesses! We had really great interactions with them too, they are always so nice and they really think on their feet and know when to play along and somehow manage to keep the same storyline and dialogue going every time you meet a 'new' version of the same princess!
It was really great. The perfect way to start the trip.

I am always struck by how well they know their storylines, and they really do an awesome job of picking up where another left off.

I'm glad that you guys had really great experiences too, it means so much when you have little ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
Wow those pictures with the princesses are adorable! Maddie looks so happy, pictures like that make it all worth it don't they?

My daughter is not really into the princesses yet but my son has a crush on Belle, (that he denies of course) so we will be going to see them at the Town Square meet and greet.
Thank you!! She was on cloud nine. It was totally worth it, we'd have waited in line for 2 hours if we knew that we'd get that interaction.

So cute! You'll have to play the M&G off as though it's for your DD so that DS doesn't get embarrassed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Maddie looks like she's having the time of her life with the princesses. It's great to see those kinds of character interactions. Makes it all worthwhile!
She really was. We've had some awesome luck with amazing characters, and they are all Maddie talks about. Totally worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura74 View Post
Aw...Maddie is so cute! I miss those princess-loving days!
Thank you so much! We're willing to stand in those lines as long as she wants to, we know that our days are numbered. We're trying to enjoy them as much as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Aww! What a magical experience with the princesses! I love the fact that Cinderella danced for Maddie!

The Aurora we met was pretty dull too! I wonder what it is about her exactly. Maybe she's just too sleepy. Maddie looks adorable in all her photos! I love the Rapunzel wedding dress!
It was so great, I couldn't believe it when Cindy started to spin around like that!

We did meet one really good Aurora on the last day of the trip, but she's the only one we've met who wasn't boring. Maybe she is sleepy

Thank you! It's one of her favorite dresses for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Hi! Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am officially done with my Trip Report, so I can now concentrate on all of yours and NOT get behind again.

I'm glad the rain did not last too long and that Maddie got happy when she saw the rain end. Our son stayed at CBR with his baseball team in 2009 (he's a coach) and he had that PhillySteak sandwich the whole time they were there (he didn't like the looks of any of the other food ).

Glad you finally got to the MK and that Maddie got to see her Princesses. The pictures are absolutely priceless...especially the ones with Cinderella and Maddie with their dresses swirling.
I got caught up just in time for you TR to end! I'll get in on the next one early

I was so pleased that the rain didn't last, and Maddie was beyond happy.

Bryan really like that Philly. We only ate there the first day, so he didn't have to eat it every day

She finally got to meet her princesses! Thank you so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Oh my goodness, Maddie's meeting with the Princesses is just priceless. I would have gotten welled up with tears too if I had witnessed that.

You're not the only person I've read a TR from that says they were underwhelmed by Sleeping Beauty. Wonder what the deal is with that.

Maddie looks absolutely beautiful in that dress. I love it.
It was so sweet, I just couldn't help but tear up!

I wonder what's up with Aurora? She's just been dull every time

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstar View Post
Sleeping Beauty is my favorite Disney film and I'm always disappointed with the Auroras I've met in the parks. My only guess is that Aurora is on screen for so little of the movie that it's hard to get a grasp on her personality.
That's a good point. It really is mostly the fairies in that movie. That could be it.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #140
MrsTeddy
Mouseketeer

Those princess photos are so sweet! They almost made me tear up! You can just see the joy in her sweet little face!

me Sar; wife to Les; mommy to Logan (July/09) and Eliya (March/12)

3rd Birthday with a 3 month old! July 2012 PTR

Disney Trips:
March 2000 offiste~March 2010 offsite~July 2012 AoA cars~December 2013 POFQ~!
Old 05-18-2012, 11:00 PM   #141
shan23877

The One With the Pinkie Promise Part One

After the princesses, we finally got a proper look at that spectacular castle as we made our way up Main Street USA.

dress in the gift shop outside of the princess meet and greet

We popped into the emporium because MiL wanted to do some shopping, but no one bought anything.

At the hub we conferred on what to do next. Maddie didn’t seem too worried about meeting Rapunzel, but she was very interested in seeing Ariel and Eric and the Fairies. I think she’d already figured out that you can wait in line for 30 minutes to see one character, or you could wait in line to see a few. She’s a smart cookie. Fairies it was. We made a left into Adventureland.

My plan for Day One was for us to focus on Tommorowland and Adventureland, so at least we were heading in the right direction! Since MiL only had 3 days, I was trying to make sure that she got some of her “must-dos” in too.

We quickly found out that we’d missed Ariel’s last meet before the parade, so we lined up for the fairies and waited 30 minutes. It was the shortest line for them that we’d see all week (not that the longer lines stopped up from returning). They were playing fairy cartoons while we waited, so for Maddie at least, the time moved quickly. At the doorway, we were shrunk down to fairy size and then we walked into the fairy garden.

Still dancing

Old 05-18-2012, 11:12 PM   #142
shan23877

The One With the Pinkie Promise Part Two

The first fairy that we saw was Rosetta. She was very sweet and chatted with Maddie for a few minutes. Right before we moved on, she made Maddie give her a “pinkie promise” that we’d be back to visit before the trip was over. Maddie had never heard of a pinkie promise before Rosetta, but believe you me, she utilizes them all the time now. Just this week, she tried to get me to submit to a pinkie promise that I’d provide glazed donuts for breakfast every day from now on. I did not comply.

We moved on to Tinkerbell who was as bubbly and fun as Tinkerbell should be, but she wasn’t all that memorable. The bar had been raised. We’d twirled, chatted about the favorite rides of some characters, and made pinkie promises. There was a lot for these folks to live up to, and we’d only been there an hour.

After the fairies, I was hoping to get some rides in, but the smallest person in our travelling party had other ideas. She wanted to meet more princesses. The parade had already started, which meant that Jasmine, Ariel, and Tiana were busy so I glanced at the times for Rapunzel’s meet and greets. I noticed that the Times Guide said that Rapunzel was receiving fans next door to the Main Street Fire Station. Huh? Not at her tower behind the castle? We weren’t about to walk all the way back up Main Street, so we headed deeper into Adventureland. We figured that we’d hop in line for Jasmine so that we’d be sure to see her quickly after the parade.

We weren’t the only ones with that idea. It was about a 20 minute wait before Aladdin and Jasmine returned. While we waited, MiL did some shopping, and DH ran to get us some Cokes. Maddie was fascinated with the jewels in the pavement. She insisted that I take photos of several of them.

30 minutes later, it was our turn. Aladdin was awesome. He told Maddie that the Genie had put the jewels in the ground to tease Abu. He told her that Abu spent hours at a time trying to get the necklaces and such off the ground (reminded me of one of my favorite movies “Empire Records” “I don’t have to explain my art to you Warren.”) Jasmine was a little blah, but Maddie didn’t care. Aladdin chatted with her for several minutes and listened very patiently while she told him stories. And then, he was the one who showed her how to pose like a princess. He was awesome, and Maddie left him a very, very happy little princess.

So, it was time for rides at last right? No, according to Maddie it was not. Tiana wasn’t due out until 5 so we thought we’d walk past Rapunzel’s old stompin’ grounds to see what was up. When we got to the hub, the plan changed again. I insisted that we finally get some PhotoPass pictures. MiL joined us for all of the family shots. I thought that she’d think to suggest that we might like to have one of the three of us, but no luck. I wasn’t in the mood to argue just then, so I let it go. We did get some really good pictures of Maddie though.

Afterward, we noticed that the Dream Along with Mickey show was just getting under way. DD intended to watch. While she, DH, and MiL waited I roamed behind the castle to confirm that Rapunzel had indeed moved. She had. Construction walls were up, and I wondered what the heck was going on. It had been such a great Meet and Greet area!

I met back up with Bryan and the rest of the gang. When the show was over we decided that we’d probably better start making our way out of the park since it was already 4:15 and our first ADR was at 5:30.

Last edited by shan23877; 05-28-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:16 PM   #143
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsTeddy View Post
Those princess photos are so sweet! They almost made me tear up! You can just see the joy in her sweet little face!
Thank you so much! It was so sweet to watch. It was pure happiness. That's the Disney magic I can't get enough of.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:49 PM   #144
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Pinkie promise we'll get donuts every morning. I love the pinkie promise thing. Rosetta was a rock star on her last trip too. Maddie must love seein her. Your first park day was what I thought it would be like. Sorry she missed Rapunzel in that dress (or does she)?
Old 05-19-2012, 04:45 AM   #145
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Any TR that makes an Empire Records reference is a TR that I am definitely here for!!!

Loving your TR so far! Maddie is so cute!! I'm glad to hear that she wasn't too disappointed that the CBR isn't glittery! I love that she tried to get you to pinky promise for donuts every day!
Old 05-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #146
megan511
Mouseketeer

Those photopass pics are so good! My kids, and my husband, hate stopping for pictures. We have told my son he has to meet the princesses for me and DD, and my niece will be with us too and she loves the princesses. I will have to tell him about the Beast and Test Track that is his fave ride too.

ETA donuts every morning? Maddie is my kind of girl!

Last edited by megan511; 05-19-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #147
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Pinky Promise for Donuts!!! LOL!! Love it!
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
Old 05-19-2012, 09:50 AM   #148
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstar View Post
Sleeping Beauty is definitely one of my favorites! I think you're probably exactly right! Funny you should say that because I just talked about that very same thing in my TR the other day!

You missed ARIEL??? How heartbreaking. (At least, it would be for me. I've still never met her!!!)

The donut pinky promise! That's hilarious!

That's the same Aladdin we met, I think! Oh man, wasn't he amazing?

Love the photopass pictures!! I'm guessing you know by now, but Rapunzel's old spot is now Merida's new spot. I think it should still be cool, just not AS cool.

-Marissa
Old 05-19-2012, 02:17 PM   #149
Fantasyland Mom
DIS Veteran

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on til morning

Maddie is even more beautiful than all those princesses! I bet her pirouette was perfect .

We skipped the fairies last year. We ran out of time with all the sickness! My girls have not let me forget it, either!

I hope you were able to get some family pictures without MIL during the trip. Mine encroached on our Chef Mickey's pic (one of the few clear ones with our whole family in it) and she can't be edited out. Grrr.

***What Means "Ay, Caramba?"--Famous for Family of the Day, a Sept TR--IN PROGRESS!!

Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-YouTube & Mobile Device-Friendly Disney World Family Vacation Video 2012-Vimeo Version
Instagram: disneyjenn1
Old 05-19-2012, 05:24 PM   #150
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Haha, I love that Maddie had other ideas and was on a princess mission. My niece is the complete opposite. She and my nephew are always on ride missions.

Yup, we're meant to be friends. Empire Records is my favorite movie EVER!!!

"What's with today.....today?"

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: