Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Photography Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
My2Girls66
DIS Veteran

what do you make of this...

Just back from Italy, took this photo on the Amalfi Coast. The 1st one is straight from the camera, the 2nd one is after using PSE9 to boost the contrast. Is that just haze in photo #1 or is it something I did wrong? Also, did I do the right correction or is there a better way? I had a circular polarizer on the lens but I did notice the same thing on photos I took with my little p310 p&s. I wonder if it might depend on the angle to the sun because not all photos have the 'haze' look but many of them do.
Thanks

Susan
My2Girls66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by My2Girls66 View Post
Just back from Italy, took this photo on the Amalfi Coast. The 1st one is straight from the camera, the 2nd one is after using PSE9 to boost the contrast. Is that just haze in photo #1 or is it something I did wrong? Also, did I do the right correction or is there a better way? I had a circular polarizer on the lens but I did notice the same thing on photos I took with my little p310 p&s. I wonder if it might depend on the angle to the sun because not all photos have the 'haze' look but many of them do.
Thanks

If you notice the same thing with the photos from your P&S then I'm wondering whether your polarizing filter was turned in the right direction. The degree to which a polarizer will affect your image depends on the angle of the sun to the filter. If you turn 90 degrees, for example, you need to adjust the filter. There are other suggestions for using a polarizing filter at http://www.dslrtips.com/workshops/Ho...blue_sky.shtml

There are also just times when a polarizing filter won't help too much because of angle of the sun to the scenery.

I think this photo is slightly, very slightly, over exposed. Increasing the contrast clearly helped. You might also play with the saturation settings as that will bring out more color in the buildings.

Hope you had a good trip.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
My2Girls66
DIS Veteran

Thank you. I will mess with the saturation a bit and check out the tips. We did have a great trip

Susan
My2Girls66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: