Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
LovingDisney2012
All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

Dessert To Go At A Table Service Restaurant?

Has anyone every gone to a table service restaurant and ordered a dessert to go? I really enjoy some of the TS desserts, but I usually cannot eat dessert after a meal. I thought it would be nice if I could get one of my favorites when I am going back to my resort for the night.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #2
HoneyPooh72
Earning My Ears

We were on the DxDDP last summer and the few TS places that we asked if we could get dessert to go were fine with it. Even made recommendations on what would travel the best!
HoneyPooh72 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Absolutely!! We always do it and as the PP stated, most suggest what travels well and what doesn't.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
LovingDisney2012

Fantastic, thanks you all!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #5
Belle5
DIS Veteran

So, I think what you are saying is that you can't just walk into most restaurants and ask for to-go desserts. Instead, you can dine at a restaurant and ask for your dessert to-go when you are too full to eat it at the time. Correct?

Belle5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
LovingDisney2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
So, I think what you are saying is that you can't just walk into most restaurants and ask for to-go desserts. Instead, you can dine at a restaurant and ask for your dessert to-go when you are too full to eat it at the time. Correct?
Yes, you are correct, I would like to be able to order dessert to go as a walk up guest not a dine in guest.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisney2012 View Post
Yes, you are correct, I would like to be able to order dessert to go as a walk up guest not a dine in guest.
Right. I knew that's what you wanted and was surprised to see you say that was "fantastic" when someone told you that you would need to dine in and then get your dessert to go. I was rewording it to make sure you understood what was being said. I am not saying that you won't hear the occasional story of someone being able to walk into a table service restaurant and get something to go (years ago Le Cellier would give people cheese soup to go ...and before Starring Rolls carried grapefruit cake HBD would occasionally let people get that). But my understanding after 28 visits to WDW and 13 years of hanging out here on the restaurant board of the DIS is that Disney TS restaurants are just not set up to offer carry-out.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
swfmco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisney2012

So you want to stand at the check-in podium while people are trying to check in and request a piece of pie?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
swfmco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #9
LovingDisney2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
Right. I knew that's what you wanted and was surprised to see you say that was "fantastic" when someone told you that you would need to dine in and then get your dessert to go. I was rewording it to make sure you understood what was being said. I am not saying that you won't hear the occasional story of someone being able to walk into a table service restaurant and get something to go (years ago Le Cellier would give people cheese soup to go ...and before Starring Rolls carried grapefruit cake HBD would occasionally let people get that). But my understanding after 28 visits to WDW and 13 years of hanging out here on the restaurant board of the DIS is that Disney TS restaurants are just not set up to offer carry-out.
Darn, I was hopeful lol. At least I know that they will do a to go dessert if I want one after dining. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #10
LovingDisney2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfmco View Post
So you want to stand at the check-in podium while people are trying to check in and request a piece of pie?

That is exactly what I want to do, just like any normal restaurant where you either go to a check in counter or to the bar and place a to go order. Maybe you have never heard of that before.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #11
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
That is exactly what I want to do, just like any normal restaurant where you either go to a check in counter or to the bar and place a to go order. Maybe you have never heard of that before.
WDW restaurants are not really normal restaurants. There is usually a huge line at the counters with people waiting to check in, so getting something to-go would be time consuming, to say the least. They are not set up to do to-go orders.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:01 AM   #12
swfmco
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisney2012

Um, yeah, I've heard of that. The restaurants I go to typically don't offer that service. You're going to WDW, not Chili's or Outback.

swfmco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #13
LovingDisney2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swfmco View Post
Um, yeah, I've heard of that. The restaurants I go to typically don't offer that service. You're going to WDW, not Chili's or Outback.

I am not a huge fan of chain restaurants like Chili's or Outback, but I think the quality is similar to most WDW restaurants which is why I asked about carryout.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #14
Belle5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Darn, I was hopeful lol. At least I know that they will do a to go dessert if I want one after dining. Thanks for the info.

You are very welcome. There is never a stupid question. If you are wondering, someone else is, too. I am sorry a newbie on the board was rude with you for asking a legitimate question.

Last edited by Belle5; 01-28-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #15
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Some places in WDW may be able to accommodate you during less busy times, but I think in general, WDW TS restaurants aren't really set up for take-out orders. Most restaurants outside the World that offer that option have a dedicated area to order/pick-up take-out orders. Good luck, let us know if you're successful!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - COMPLETE!
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ; Sept/Oct '15-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: