Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
AshleyW
Can't wait to go back!
A fish pedicure would be like my own personal hell!

Talking So I went and got married... and came back with lots of PICTURES!

Yep, I got married on May 5th - cinco de Mayo! Zac & I have been together over 10 (yes, 10!) years - since high school - and have lived together for 5 years now, so we wanted to do something a little non-traditional for our wedding. We decided on a cruise! We picked a 5 day Carnival cruise leaving out of Tampa, and going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. My parents live in Clearwater (not far from Tampa) so this seemed like the easiest route for a destination wedding. So.. wedding recap:

- The ceremony & reception happened on the ship while in port in Tampa. We (including our guests) boarded before everyone else, and the guests enjoyed a lunch buffet while I got ready in my room. The ceremony & reception were held as other guests boarded the ship.
- We had the ceremony in one of the ship's lounges (it was really pretty, I was actually kind of surprised!) and the reception was held in the night club... which was hideous (themed with animal print and gold ) but we had an open bar and DELICIOUS hors d'oeuvres, so it worked out well.
- Carnival made it so EASY and amazing. It's basically one big package (ceremony, reception, food, flowers, photography, video, etc) so pretty much all we had to do was buy the dress & suit and show up!
- We had a total of 30 guests that sailed with us, and Carnival made it really easy to let us eat meals together or get seats together at a show... they were really accommodating to help us get "group time", if we wanted it. We actually chose to have a lot of alone time for the most part, since the cruise was our honeymoon.
- The only real issue we ran into was with my dress. Ladies, if you plan to lose weight before your wedding... STOP losing weight after your final fitting! I lost a total of about 45 lbs between buying the dress and my final fitting, but my alterations lady did an amazing job making the dress fit like a glove. The problem came when I lost another 15 lbs in the month between my final fitting and the day of the wedding - I never thought losing weight would be a bad thing. But my dress literally fell to the ground after I pulled it up and zipped it. Luckily, my very crafty aunt was in the room and managed to use a few well-placed safety pins to tighten it up and get it to look right, but it was definitely a very stressful 30 minutes or so until we got it figured out.

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to answer questions for anyone about the destination/cruise wedding process if anyone is curious... but in the mean time, I know how much the DIS loves wedding pictures, so without further ado... a ton of pictures!! Enjoy!

Zac (on the right) with his cousin/best man.

Me while getting ready in our room.

My mom & I

Me & my maid of honor - my brother's girlfriend/nephew's mama.

This picture creeps me out for some reason but everyone else seems to like it, so here it is...

During the ceremony:

You may now kiss your bride!

After the ceremony

Our witnesses signing the marriage license!

Father/daughter dance.

Mother/son dance

Us with our delicious cake:

And a few posed pictures after the reception...

AshleyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
NY Disney fan
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pics! May you both have a happy life. Thanks for sharing!
ETA: Ok seriously I hope you don't get offended but you and your husband really resemble each other. And I mean that in a good way.
NY Disney fan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Beautiful! Congratulations!

January 2017.
indimom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:11 PM   #4
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyW View Post
Yep, I got married on May 5th - cinco de Mayo! Zac & I have been together over 10 (yes, 10!) years - since high school - and have lived together for 5 years now, so we wanted to do something a little non-traditional for our wedding. We decided on a cruise! We picked a 5 day Carnival cruise leaving out of Tampa, and going to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. My parents live in Clearwater (not far from Tampa) so this seemed like the easiest route for a destination wedding. So.. wedding recap:

- The ceremony & reception happened on the ship while in port in Tampa. We (including our guests) boarded before everyone else, and the guests enjoyed a lunch buffet while I got ready in my room. The ceremony & reception were held as other guests boarded the ship.
- We had the ceremony in one of the ship's lounges (it was really pretty, I was actually kind of surprised!) and the reception was held in the night club... which was hideous (themed with animal print and gold ) but we had an open bar and DELICIOUS hors d'oeuvres, so it worked out well.
- Carnival made it so EASY and amazing. It's basically one big package (ceremony, reception, food, flowers, photography, video, etc) so pretty much all we had to do was buy the dress & suit and show up!
- We had a total of 30 guests that sailed with us, and Carnival made it really easy to let us eat meals together or get seats together at a show... they were really accommodating to help us get "group time", if we wanted it. We actually chose to have a lot of alone time for the most part, since the cruise was our honeymoon.
- The only real issue we ran into was with my dress. Ladies, if you plan to lose weight before your wedding... STOP losing weight after your final fitting! I lost a total of about 45 lbs between buying the dress and my final fitting, but my alterations lady did an amazing job making the dress fit like a glove. The problem came when I lost another 15 lbs in the month between my final fitting and the day of the wedding - I never thought losing weight would be a bad thing. But my dress literally fell to the ground after I pulled it up and zipped it. Luckily, my very crafty aunt was in the room and managed to use a few well-placed safety pins to tighten it up and get it to look right, but it was definitely a very stressful 30 minutes or so until we got it figured out.

Anyway, I'd be more than happy to answer questions for anyone about the destination/cruise wedding process if anyone is curious... but in the mean time, I know how much the DIS loves wedding pictures, so without further ado... a ton of pictures!! Enjoy!
How beautiful! Congratulations!!!!

Old 05-15-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
mrsv98
Gracie's Mama
Loves those slider bags
Beware the Tails of Doom!
I couldn't believe the weeny little turkey!

Congratulations! It looks like a lovely wedding that suited you perfectly...and thank heavens for crafty aunties!
mrsv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:13 PM   #6
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Beeee-yootiful!! Congratulations!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #7
MickeysMommy
Mickey is my cat
He sits on my table
My name is MM, and I carry a Mickey fanny pack on my vacations to Disney

Beautiful pictures. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

~*~Dad and his "Girl"~*~
Caribbean Beach Resort
1991*1993*1995*1998*2000*2002*2006*2007*2009*2011*2012
MickeysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
dislaney
faithlovepixiedust

Congratulations. Beautiful pictures!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #9
DaisyLynn
DIS Veteran

Your dress looks like it was made for you! You are a beautiful bride!

Congratulations!

DaisyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #10
lynxstch
Love that Figment!
Turkey, Clay, and my favorite all time christmas song..all on the same day..it doesn't get any better!
Learned the hard way not to store meltables in the oven

Congratulations! You make a beautiful looking couple, loved your flowers and the cake topper! I wish you many more years of love and happiness..thanks for sharing your news..and your pictures, with your DIS family!
Old 05-15-2012, 02:20 PM   #11
Plannin'Shannon
No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.

Thanks for sharing! Your wedding looks picture-perfect. And congrats on the weight loss; you look fantastic! Best wishes to you and Zac.
There is a place where Magic lives.
Plannin'Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #12
minniebeth
I count on y'all to keep me up to date ;)
I'm ok going up, just can't go down...

Congratulations! Best Wishes for many, many happy years of love and marriage! Thank you for sharing your story/photos with us, they are beautiful!

minniebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #13
LuvLDM
DIS Veteran

Congratulations, looks like a lovely wedding!
LuvLDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #14
MnMomtoboys
DIS Veteran

You look fantastic! Doesn't even look like you are pinned together. Congrats to you and Zac!

MN: The land of 10,000 lakes and at least 1 idiot.
MnMomtoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
wvjules
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! The wedding, and you, look awesome.

You need to update your avatar photo because you look nothing like that at all!
wvjules is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: