Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #16
shortbun
Peacenik

I'm not watching. The thought of it makes my stomach hurt a little. I thought she was not open for a real relationship in her season with Brad(he was awful but he was the Bachelor). I'm just not into her nor would I find anyone who WAS interesting. I think she's not very deep. Understatement, right?

USE IT UP, WEAR IT OUT, MAKE IT DO OR DO WITHOUT.

IF YOUR UPKEEP EXCEEDS YOUR INCOME THEN YOUR OUTGO WILL BE YOUR DOWNFALL.
shortbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
disneychic2
DIS Veteran

I only found 4 or 5 I thought were cute. Charley, David, Nate, Sean and Lerone. I don't know if I'll watch or not. It's sort of my guilty pleasure in the past, but not sure I'm up for it. I did like Emily when she was on with Brad, so maybe. It's kinda like a car accident where you can't help but look....
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #18
Tuffcookie
Enjoys an early hour of peace
Women like the simple things in life...like men!:D
Is a smart cookie

I don't like the fact that she's a mom to a young girl and doing the show, for the 2nd time. All of this has to take her away from her little girl, who should be the focus of her life now.

TC
Old 05-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #19
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinrs View Post
It's NOT just you! I saw all 25 and UGH!

I guess Ben lowered the expectations forever!!

Her ex (Ricky) was no George Clooney, either, so maybe is her type?
I think the thing that made Ben so unacceptable looks-wise was that he was so incredibly boring, stupid and obnoxious. If he had...oh, I don't know...a PERSONALITY, and didn't fall for the skanky obnoxious skinny dipping girl, his looks would have been fine with me. Well, except for the obvious need for a new "do", but that was fixable.

I should keep track this season of how many solitaire games I play on my iPhone while the show is airing. If only there was a way to earn money doing that, I'd be rich.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #20
tar heel
Where will we get our news if we lose The Daily Show and Colbert Report?

I find the whole idea of those shows pretty disgusting on several levels, but it will be hard not to keep up with it a little because it's being filmed in our area and will be thoroughly covered by local media.

I don't know if this counts as spoilers, but here are some photos from a "date:"

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...ylink=misearch
tar heel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:24 PM   #21
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar heel View Post
I find the whole idea of those shows pretty disgusting on several levels, but it will be hard not to keep up with it a little because it's being filmed in our area and will be thoroughly covered by local media.

I don't know if this counts as spoilers, but here are some photos from a "date:"

Funny, that was the only guy I thought she'd connect with because he had that Brad vibe.

Robinrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #22
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
I think the thing that made Ben so unacceptable looks-wise was that he was so incredibly boring, stupid and obnoxious. If he had...oh, I don't know...a PERSONALITY, and didn't fall for the skanky obnoxious skinny dipping girl, his looks would have been fine with me. Well, except for the obvious need for a new "do", but that was fixable.

I should keep track this season of how many solitaire games I play on my iPhone while the show is airing. If only there was a way to earn money doing that, I'd be rich.
That and the fact I REALLY find him UNattractive. During the time he was on the Bachelorette I thought he and Constantine were gross. And when they PICKED him to be the Bachelor...UGH!

I don't blame him for wanting Courtney, she was something he would NEVER gotten in real life and he jumped on it. Good for him!

Old 05-07-2012, 01:56 PM   #23
Luv2Scrap
The only way is if you have the Gypsy
Y'all are going to get me in so much trouble with my supervisor!
The new baby was much more interactive

Oh Yuck! Based on the pictures in the link, I wouldn't want any of those guys! But of course I will be watching because I love to hate them!
Nov '09 Pop - free dining
Aug '10 CSR - Free dining and BCV for our first DVC trip home!
Jan '12 CSR - Free dining
Luv2Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:34 PM   #24
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
That and the fact I REALLY find him UNattractive. During the time he was on the Bachelorette I thought he and Constantine were gross. And when they PICKED him to be the Bachelor...UGH!

I don't blame him for wanting Courtney, she was something he would NEVER gotten in real life and he jumped on it. Good for him!
Well, I can be attracted to someone who's funny and a nice guy, even if I'm initially not too into his looks. However, I agree...there are some features/looks/whatever that could just turn me off no matter what, and I won't go into them. :O For example tho, Bob Guiny (sp?) was sort of sweet and charming when he was a contestant. Then he went on as The Bachelor and got all skanky, so his LOOKS went way down on my list of appeal.

And yes, Ben certainly did jump on it. The description of him in the other thread reminding people of the pimply middle schooler who gets the head cheerleader certainly fits him. I wonder if Courtney is consulting her agent to determine just the right time, from a fame ***** standpoint, to dump him.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:10 PM   #25
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

Looks like pretty much agreement that the group if guys isn't all that great, Emily might be a little nuts, and we know we shouldn't watch but we can't help ourselves!
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #26
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffcookie View Post
I don't like the fact that she's a mom to a young girl and doing the show, for the 2nd time. All of this has to take her away from her little girl, who should be the focus of her life now.

TC
What I don't like is that they are filming it in her hometown. It would have been bad enough in L.A. and watching it on TV, but, now the whole city of Charlotte gets to witness first hand her being skanky around town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
I thought that's what we are for? I wouldn't be watching the show if I had to watch it by myself. WE are what make the show fun. It's kind of like your BFF holds your hair back while you vomit in the toilet, after a nite of too much drinking. We do that for each other here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tar heel View Post

Notice how she doesn't really look at him in a lot of the pictures?

Quote:
Funny, that was the only guy I thought she'd connect with because he had that Brad vibe.
Which one is he? I couldn't tell from the pics. All the guys look dweeby with bad hair.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!

Last edited by Imzadi; 05-07-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #27
Robinrs
DIS Veteran

I THINK this is the guy, get this name and occupation JACKSON, a FITNESS MODEL. Cain't you just HEAH her say "Jackson" in her cute little Southern drawl???

Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #28
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i'll at least give it a shot. i gave up on Ben and just read the thread for everyone else's input. it was much better than the actual show, i'm sure.

in the previews, every kiss they show is very... boring.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #29
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have to agree, Ben was very unattractive. I used to just think it was his greasy bangs but it's more than that.

Quote:
I'm sorry, did you say jump on it or jump on her? I almost stopped watching after the whole skinny dipping episode. Gross. They didn't have any class, did they?

I'm excited to have found this thread! I think I've seen almost every season of the Bachelor. I'm going to watch this one too, mostly because I'm curious how Emily will handle 25 salivating guys in her hometown with her daughter.
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #30
autoracepr989
Mouseketeer

Nope not watching it...Even with Arie on the show I won't watch it because of Emily. Not gonna bash but there are unpublicized things that I definitely don't like about her & that's led to this choice. In a way I hope Arie doesn't end up with her for his sake. He's a great guy & deserves someone that loves him
autoracepr989 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: