Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 09:52 PM   #1846
Callie
Always Dreaming of Disney Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
I found it ironic that she's allegedly criticizing Jef for using his fame to help advertise his water company. Yet, she's been on The Bachelor(ette) twice.
Jef even had a girlfriend when he left for the show! But the girl found out he was also seeing other girls. He's a totally different guy from what you see on TV. He also tried to meet up with her twice while they were still engaged. But in all honesty, he doesn't even fit Emily's type. I also don't know why she keeps going on this show.
I liked her before, but now I've realized she's too picky, and I think she loves the attention. I'm pretty sure the Hendricks dislike this type of behavior, and their granddaughter being paraded around on tv.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #1847
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i liked them together, but they always seemed like more "friends." they just had no heat or spark versus the fireworks with Arie. and i didn't think that she and Arie had anything deeper than fireworks. for a good match, i think you need to have both.

i was hoping it was just that Jef was holding back because of the television cameras. but, i'm guessing it probably was just not there.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 08:17 AM   #1848
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbun View Post
I was sickened when I saw that Emily was going to be the Bachelorette; then she moved the show to her town and really made an effort to have Ricky around. Now, puhleeze let the 'search for love' be over for her daughter's sake. That little one doesn't need all these men parading in and out of her life. Next, it will be Ricky looking for a sugardaddy a la her mother's mode of operation. Jef was a good man; he WAS moral and honest. Seems she's tainted his life now too. Good grief!
"Sickened"? Really? And I think Jef is a big boy and is responsible for his own life being "tainted", if it is in fact tainted. After all, HE went on "The Bachelorette" show...not exactly the most upstanding approach to finding a wife. Good entertainment, lots of publicity, yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Jef even had a girlfriend when he left for the show! But the girl found out he was also seeing other girls. He's a totally different guy from what you see on TV. He also tried to meet up with her twice while they were still engaged. But in all honesty, he doesn't even fit Emily's type. I also don't know why she keeps going on this show.

I liked her before, but now I've realized she's too picky, and I think she loves the attention. I'm pretty sure the Hendricks dislike this type of behavior, and their granddaughter being paraded around on tv.
I've read that comment on The Bachelor/ette threads before, and I just don't get it. A bunch of producers pick 25 men or women for a 3 month (?) show, not for their compatibility with the "star" but to create drama and increase ratings, and where the "star" doesn't narrow it down to one until the very end, and when it doesn't work out, the "star" is too picky? I'd have more respect (if that word even fits this show under any circumstances) if the producers chose 25 men or women who at least had a fighting chance of some compatibility.

I was never thrilled about Jef. Just too Bieber-ish. Now Sean... I hope I don't dislike him after his season, as frequently happens.

On a lighter note (cuz this is such a DEEP discussion ), DD texted me that either Arie or Jef tweeted a picture yesterday of them playing golf together. Who says this show isn't successful at matching people up! LOL
Old 10-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #1849
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
...( ^^^ When a word, like J.P. has a period at the end of the word, and it ends at the end of the sentence, do you just put ONE period? Or do you add a second one to end the sentence? )....
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #1850
KBoopaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post

On a lighter note (cuz this is such a DEEP discussion ), DD texted me that either Arie or Jef tweeted a picture yesterday of them playing golf together. Who says this show isn't successful at matching people up! LOL
The bro-mance outlives the romance!
1984 - Contemporary ~ 1991 - Caribbean Beach ~ 1999 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 2000 - Vista Way (College Program) ~ 2001 - AllStar Music ~ 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006 & 2007 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 2008 Beach Club ~2008 Animal Kingdom Lodge~ 2009 Saratoga Springs(x2) & Pop Century 2010 Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House & Coronado Springs~ 2011 Port Orleans French Quarter & Kidani Village(April), Old Key West & Beach Club (October) 2012 AKV - Jambo and Yacht Club (Commodore Suite!) 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter and Boardwalk Inn
KBoopaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #1851
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
But. . . but. . . you didn't give an answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBoopaloo View Post
The bro-mance outlives the romance!
Maybe they should televise THAT show!
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #1852
kimmar067

Quote:
But. . . but. . . you didn't give an answer?

July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
Old 10-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #1853
Mickeynutty
Mouseketeer

Ok kids, get this! I just read on a gossip sight that Emily is being considered for a re- do as the bachelorette because her ratings were high! I can believe she would do it again (likes the fame), but would ABC?
Mickeynutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #1854
Elinor Dashwood
DIS Veteran

Really?? I actually, foolishly thought Emily and Jef with one f would make it! I'm so over this show. In over what, 20 seasons now, only 3 couples have actually stayed together. I'm disgusted and ABC really needs to pull the plug on this farce now.

If Emily does the show again, she's an idiot. Maybe it's time to re-evaluate your dating criteria then. Not to mention her daughter is involved! Little Ricki doesn't need to have her mom's engaged men paraded in front of her with the hopes of actually getting a new dad.
Elinor Dashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #1855
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post

So, is one of those periods the period after J.P.'s name?
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
Thanks!
Old 10-19-2012, 02:00 PM   #1856
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeynutty View Post
Ok kids, get this! I just read on a gossip sight that Emily is being considered for a re- do as the bachelorette because her ratings were high! I can believe she would do it again (likes the fame), but would ABC?
Does this mean her "girls" are going to get even bigger?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elinor Dashwood View Post
Really?? I actually, foolishly thought Emily and Jef with one f would make it! I'm so over this show. In over what, 20 seasons now, only 3 couples have actually stayed together. I'm disgusted and ABC really needs to pull the plug on this farce now.

If Emily does the show again, she's an idiot. Maybe it's time to re-evaluate your dating criteria then. Not to mention her daughter is involved! Little Ricki doesn't need to have her mom's engaged men paraded in front of her with the hopes of actually getting a new dad.
I don't know, when you think about it, the statistics of how many people one meets before finding real love is about the same. They just all don't happen at once and are paraded on national TV and in front of the kids. And to Emily's credit, she did not have Rikki meet Arie at all.
Thanks!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #1857
kimmar067

Quote:
Does this mean her "girls" are going to get even bigger? ....
...I sure hope not.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #1858
starann
In having children, I have lost my mind, but found my soul

Jason and his wife (Molly?) are expecting.....not sure if this is news here or not!
Cody 12-19-03 and Shane 2-23-05
Casey 5-13-11
and last..........
Our little 'Souvenir' who arrived 6 weeks early, Josephine 4-24-14

You Brought WHAT Home From WDW?!?!?!?! A Setp 2013 TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post49731870
starann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:34 PM   #1859
Ride Junkie
Just skulking around...
I love any activity that requires a helmet

Sad, I hadn't heard Jef & Emily had split. Too bad for Ricki...I was hoping they would make it. I went to check the news, and there is a report that they were seen together just yesterday. I wonder if they were just tying up loose ends after the breakup.
Ride Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #1860
Seahunt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeynutty View Post
JMO but yes, I think they'd go there again - don't you remember all the rumors last summer that she was really in love with Chris (Harrison), and caused his divorce?

I think he'd be glad to host her again

(If you've forgotten those rumors, last June and July was full of stories, like this googled one:
"Emily Maynard may not have found happiness with any of her eligible suitors on The Bachelorette because she had her eyes on someone else the whole time… Her heart has always belonged to Chris Harrison.

The insiders have all been whispering about how close they have been for awhile and now sources are saying that they are madly in love… and it’s been going on for awhile.

The love fest began when Em was on The Bachelor the first time. She not only won over Brad Womack’s heart but caught the attention of Chris Harrison too. Chris told everyone that Emily was the most beautiful woman that he ever laid his eyes on.

Past winner Vienna Girardi told Star magazine that she wasn’t surprised when Chris announced he was splitting with his wife after 18 years because of his love for Emily. Vienna said, “From the beginning, I always said there was no way Emily was really going to end up with one of the guys because she really wanted to be with Chris, and it was obvious he wanted to be with her too. I vacationed with Chris and his family in St. Lucia and know him well. He was never with his wife. He’s such a flirt. I guarantee Emily and Chris will end up together in the end. If she gets engaged to another man, the show will probably spin it as a love triangle
.”

And we should believe that Vienna knows all, right?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: