Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2012, 11:38 AM   #1771
kimmar067
We have squash and zucchini coming outta the wazoo
I just shot coffee through my NOSE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
I think he felt like the kid who didn't fit in and that he finally got a leg up on everyone and decided this was his chance to get back at all of them for not including him all season. Either that, or I wondered if he was actually into Rachel a little bit but was so hurt by her comments regarding Michael that he decided to stab her in the back. Either way, he came off looking like a complete jerk in the way he acted....
....no more so than Chris or any of the others...
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."
kimmar067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 11:45 AM   #1772
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by of the seas View Post
He didn't have to be such a jerk, though. He had valid reasons for doing what he did, but it was as if he was rubbing it in her face.
Yeah, I agree. He came off as obnoxious, but he made a great move. To be honest, I don't remember anything about Nick from a prior season. Whose season is he from??

One of my pet peeves about these competition shows (this, Survivor, etc) is when they talk about someone deserving or not deserving to win. Thing is...they DID win. And what criteria qualifies someone to be "deserving" in a game that involves...to steal the motto of Survivor..."outwit, outlast, outplay"?

I felt sorry for Rachel getting hit pretty hard in one night, but geez, the very act of going on that show sets you up for humiliation. I agree with Michael that there's a difference between a "summer romance" and trying to maintain a long-distance romance with someone. You have to have a real commitment to someone to try to make that work, and outside the house, it just wasn't there.

I think Emily really dodged a bullet by getting rid of Chris. The guy has problems. It was kind of refreshing to hear that his family has some scruples and had issues with his behavior (I often wonder what these people's families think of them!) and that he admitted it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emer95 View Post
Yep, that was pretty shocking. I mean, what was Jamie thinking with that headdress and those stickers on her face?
Oh Lordy, she looked like she was all set for a date with Greg Brady.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas View Post
I'm glad he took it. But, why did he have to bolt out of there?
To set the scene for a confrontation? It was very weird. And very canned, IMHO.

And BTW, huge Reid fan here too!
Register to remove

Old 09-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #1773
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmar067 View Post
....no more so than Chris or any of the others...
No kidding, Chris is a gigantic jerk!

I thought Nick looked like a jerk not necessarily for his choice to keep it all but there was something about the way he acted afterwards that was so weird. It was honestly like he was super mad at all of them.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #1774
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

One of my favorite quotes from last night was when Kalon said that none of them "deserve" the money. They were all just fortunate enough to be selected to participate on the show (or something like that). I still have yet to figure out how I came out of this actually liking Kalon

The whole Blakely and Tony thing is just too weird for me. The way that she wouldn't even look at him and he had to tell her to look at him with he was proposing. What was she looking at on either side of him She just doesn't look to me like she is really in love with him. Even in the limo when they were leaving the house she looked like she was just tolerating him touching her. Strange.... (but good for them if it is real).

As for Nick, I saw that coming based on the previews and I really (surprisingly) am not that bothered that he did it I know so much of it is editing but I agree that everyone underestimated him. All those comments about him not being able to think for himself, always doing what others told him, etc bugged me. And I think what really made me side with Nick was when Rachel told him that he was only there because of her. Everyone knew that she didn't want to be partners with him, she wanted to go home, etc. Then all the sudden she is acting like he should have been loyal to her (when she never was to him). I don't know, she just came off as a snobby brat to me. The only thing I felt bad about was her getting two humiliations at once. But nice blindside Nick.
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:44 PM   #1775
MaryAnnDVC
"Mare", DISing since '99; prefers being tagless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
One of my favorite quotes from last night was when Kalon said that none of them "deserve" the money. They were all just fortunate enough to be selected to participate on the show (or something like that). I still have yet to figure out how I came out of this actually liking Kalon

The whole Blakely and Tony thing is just too weird for me. The way that she wouldn't even look at him and he had to tell her to look at him with he was proposing. What was she looking at on either side of him She just doesn't look to me like she is really in love with him. Even in the limo when they were leaving the house she looked like she was just tolerating him touching her. Strange.... (but good for them if it is real).
Me too, about liking Kalon! Didn't see that coming. I do wonder tho what conversation he had with Lindzi when the show was over, after Erica Rose's accusations about him with other women. It didn't look like Kalon and Lindzi were all that cozy last night.

I think it took so long for Tony to spit it out (AWKWARD!...my DD and I were texting about it, during it, it took so long)...that Blakely just didn't know what the heck to do with herself. I'm not a big fan of public proposals anyway, but this is one of the reasons...just way too awkward. This hasn't been a long relationship, and while moving in together might be the next step, not so sure getting engaged was. IMHO, Blakely wanted to take it one step at a time...isn't moving in together good for now? Also have to wonder if Tony was looking to be "the story" of the finale.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:48 PM   #1776
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

Quote:

As for Nick, I saw that coming based on the previews and I really (surprisingly) am not that bothered that he did it I know so much of it is editing but I agree that everyone underestimated him. All those comments about him not being able to think for himself, always doing what others told him, etc bugged me. And I think what really made me side with Nick was when Rachel told him that he was only there because of her. Everyone knew that she didn't want to be partners with him, she wanted to go home, etc. Then all the sudden she is acting like he should have been loyal to her (when she never was to him). I don't know, she just came off as a snobby brat to me. The only thing I felt bad about was her getting two humiliations at once. But nice blindside Nick.
i agree with everything.

Kalon, the voice of reason: who would've thought THAT would happen?

Tony and Blakely just have an odd vibe about them. i think both of them desperately want to be loved. i think Tony is oddly attached to her. she is oddly something to him. good luck to them, but i'd place my bets against them.

and while i don't blame Nick--he played them all, i think he could've been a little less harsh about it. he was all smiles and then just got defensive and mean. no, she didn't stay for HIM, but she stayed. and i can see her saying that he's the reason they "won." i also think everyone hated Chris. that helped.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:49 PM   #1777
violetrose
DIS Veteran

I think Blakely was distracted by something, maybe a camera? Her castmates were all laughing, and I think she realized everyone knew something she didn't. I doubt it will last but I hope for her sake they do. While others are surprised they ended up liking Kalon (I'm not one of them, I thought he was and is a smug jerk) I ended up sort of liking Blakely. Well as much as you can like someone on Bachelor Pad, especially among that despicable crew!

violetrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 02:23 PM   #1778
kimmar067

Quote:
One of my favorite quotes from last night was when Kalon said that none of them "deserve" the money. They were all just fortunate enough to be selected to participate on the show (or something like that). I still have yet to figure out how I came out of this actually liking Kalon ....
...now THAT'S the real shocker of the season!
July 1992~off-site Dec 1999~CSR Feb 2001~DxL Nov 2001~Dolphin July 2002~CBR Aug 2002~WL Feb 2005~AKL/concierge Feb 2005~AKL Aug 2006~PoP C Aug 2006~AKL Dec 2007~DolphinJuly/Aug 2010~Mystic Dunes April 2013 ~ AKL"That's IT! The absolutely, positively VERY LAST Marino....." "We WEREN'T the 'Castle Family', We Didn't..." "The Trippie Who Hath..."

Last edited by kimmar067; 09-11-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #1779
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairestoneofall View Post
and while i don't blame Nick--he played them all, i think he could've been a little less harsh about it....
....I don't think so...after all, they knew what they were getting into when they signed on....
Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #1780
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
Yes, very glad! But not glad they showed Reid for all of a 3 seconds. SOOOOOO lame!!!! ....
....I wonder why....
Old 09-11-2012, 07:02 PM   #1781
kimmar067

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAnnDVC View Post
...This hasn't been a long relationship, and while moving in together might be the next step, not so sure getting engaged was. IMHO, Blakely wanted to take it one step at a time...isn't moving in together good for now?
....especially since there is a child involved....
Old 09-11-2012, 09:14 PM   #1782
emer95
DIS Veteran

I love this quote about Jamie from the "I hate green beans" blog:

"Clearly we learned that Jamie used this “live” taping as an audition to be a member of the floor show in an upcoming tribute to Cher playing two weeks only at Mandalay Bay this fall. There’s no other explanation for her golden head thong, bedazzled eyes and ginormous silver dollar-inspired decoupage earrings. The moral of her story? Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take off one accessory. Or seven."

Old 09-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #1783
kimmar067

.... GOOD one!
Old 09-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #1784
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by emer95 View Post
I love this quote about Jamie from the "I hate green beans" blog:

"Clearly we learned that Jamie used this “live” taping as an audition to be a member of the floor show in an upcoming tribute to Cher playing two weeks only at Mandalay Bay this fall. There’s no other explanation for her golden head thong, bedazzled eyes and ginormous silver dollar-inspired decoupage earrings. The moral of her story? Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take off one accessory. Or seven."

OMG...LOL Love it! But I guess she got the attention she was looking for. I know I couldn't stop staring at her when she was on screen. Of course, I was laughing and rolling on the floor, which may not have been the reaction that she was going for

I was kind of laughing at the end of the show when the credits were rolling and there was a line at the end that said "Engagement ring provided by Neil Lane" (I also saw the close up of the name when Tony was presenting it to Blakely).
I just couldn't help but think how disappointed I would be if my future husband's proposal was all staged for TV and he didn't even buy the ring. But then again, she probably got a much nicer ring this way
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #1785
joviroxx
rectally reporters television produce

I have to say, the past few weeks have been rough , busy and wild in my house. I have to publically thank those people who are willing to put themselves out there to provide me with hours, such as this finale, of entertainment. I laughed then entire show and loved the ending! The fact that there is this level of nutso out there warms my heart....
joviroxx is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: