Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #1
mfd25wife
DIS Veteran

Last minute vacation.

I started a new job in February, and even though I was given vacation time straight out of the gate, I was not sure how soon I needed to be off since I'm learning a lot. I got word that I can take it next week (actually starting when I get off Thursday). We wanted to go on a Disney cruise, but the cost for one cabin was more than twice a RCC with 2 cabins so RCC it is. We've never been on a cruise, so I hope we love it. I'm nervous. We decided on only 3 nights, just in case. We head to WDW as soon as we get off the ship. Again, I booked on DVC points this morning . We were at least able to get in SSR, but I sure hope someone cancels. . We like SSR ok, but we have stayed there more than the others except AKV.

Anyway, it's been a long time since we were limited on time like this trip. Due to DD's friend who we are taking, we only get 3.5 days at WDW. She is Miss Arkansas International and has an appearance somewhere next weekend. The airline tickets were too high last minute so we are driving. boo. What would you recommend we make sure she does while we are there? She's never been to WDW and is really excited. I don't want to let her down. I want her to fall in love with WDW. We usually are laid back because we know that we will go back every year so I'm thinking about what a 1st timer must see. I do want her to get a picture with Cinderella because she dresses as Cinderella for me when I am granting Disney wishes. I did think about doing a Keys to the Kingdom tour or another tour, but I don't know about the longer tours since we are limited in time.
mfd25wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfd25wife View Post
I started a new job in February, and even though I was given vacation time straight out of the gate, I was not sure how soon I needed to be off since I'm learning a lot. I got word that I can take it next week (actually starting when I get off Thursday). We wanted to go on a Disney cruise, but the cost for one cabin was more than twice a RCC with 2 cabins so RCC it is. We've never been on a cruise, so I hope we love it. I'm nervous. We decided on only 3 nights, just in case. We head to WDW as soon as we get off the ship. Again, I booked on DVC points this morning . We were at least able to get in SSR, but I sure hope someone cancels. . We like SSR ok, but we have stayed there more than the others except AKV.

Anyway, it's been a long time since we were limited on time like this trip. Due to DD's friend who we are taking, we only get 3.5 days at WDW. She is Miss Arkansas International and has an appearance somewhere next weekend. The airline tickets were too high last minute so we are driving. boo. What would you recommend we make sure she does while we are there? She's never been to WDW and is really excited. I don't want to let her down. I want her to fall in love with WDW. We usually are laid back because we know that we will go back every year so I'm thinking about what a 1st timer must see. I do want her to get a picture with Cinderella because she dresses as Cinderella for me when I am granting Disney wishes. I did think about doing a Keys to the Kingdom tour or another tour, but I don't know about the longer tours since we are limited in time.
Wishes from the beach at Polynesian (with a Lapu Lapu or a Pina Colava from Tambu Lounge if she's old enough), that's all I got.

Hope y'all have a magical time.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #3
LittleMissMagic
Disney Clemson Girl

As much as I enjoy planning, last-minute vacations are some of my favorites! I just love the spontaneity. Have a great time on your cruise and at WDW!
LittleMissMagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: