Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
thatgirl23
Mouseketeer

Discovery Cove Photo Packages Information

I know it's often asked how much the picture packages are at Discovery Cove and what they include so when we went this last time, I took pictures of the pricing sheets and have typed them up. These are the prices as of July 25, 2011...

Ultimate Package - $219 (savings of $176)

7- 6 x 8 prints
1 – 4 x 6 print and 2 key rings (same image)
1 - Digital photo cd
1 – Interaction video (actually a dvd)
1 – Photo Album
1 – 16 x 24 poster

Add a second ultimate package for $109.
* Must be same party.

Adventure Package - $139

5 – 6 x 8 prints
1 – Digital Photo cd

Island Package - $69

3 – 6 x 8 prints

Add your dolphin experience DVD to your package - $50

Additional Items - With Package / A La Carte (no package)

6 x 8 print - $10 / $20
4 x 6 print and 2 key rings (same image) - $10 / $20
Poster (16 x 24) - $25 / $35
Poster (24 x 36) - $35 / $45
Marble Photo Tile - $29 / $39
Dolphin Experience Video (dvd) - $50 / $75
Digital Photo cd - $75 / $125

After initial CD/DVD purchase, additional copies $15 each.

** All prices do not include tax.

Hope this helps! I will say, I know the Ultimate Package sounds like a lot of money, but it's well worth it. You will always have a record of your wonderful memories.
10/01: offsite -- 6/02: offsite -- 1/04: ASMusic -- 4/04: ASMusic -- 5/05: offsite -- 7/05: ASMovies -- 12/07: ASMovies -- 12/08: ASMusic -- 5/09: ASMusic -- 10/09: ASMusic -- 3/10: ASMusic -- 8/10: ASMusic -- 3/11: ASMusic -- 7/11: offsite -- 10/11: ASMusic -- 10/12: ASSports -- 7/13: ASMusic -- 12/13: ASMusic -- 7/14: ASMusic -- 10/15: ASMusic

Discovery Cove Trainer for a Day review - July 21, 2014

thatgirl23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #2
Crazy7
Big Dreamer

Large Party?

We are a family of 7 and very excited to swim with the dolphins.

If we are split up do you think they will still let me buy the ultimate package?

My 6 year old has sensory issues and I booked the non-swim for him because I was nervous of what he would do (cry or puke!!).
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
thatgirl23
Mouseketeer

I highly doubt they would split you up, so I don't see a problem buying the Ultimate Package. As long as you booked together as a group of 7, they'll keep all of you doing the dolphin swim together. I have never seen them split up a family, unless it was over like 10 people (as they like to keep the groups small for the dolphin swim). This past time it was just the two of us paired with a family of 7 in our group for the dolphin swim. The other groups in our time slot and lagoon were big groups made up of smaller families... For example: one family of 3, another family of 2, and another family of 4 were paired together to make group A. A family of 7 and my family of 2 were paired to make group B.

The dolphin swim is when they take the dvd and the majority of the pictures, however they do have photographers in different parts of the park (like in the Grand Reef and aviary). Those photographers will take pictures of you and then take a picture of the id of one member of the group, so they know whose cd/package they go with. My only tip is to make sure the same id is photographed so your pictures end up in your package. They always review your dvd and picture cd with you when you go to pick it up to make sure they are of your family and not someone else's.

Hope that answered your question!
10/01: offsite -- 6/02: offsite -- 1/04: ASMusic -- 4/04: ASMusic -- 5/05: offsite -- 7/05: ASMovies -- 12/07: ASMovies -- 12/08: ASMusic -- 5/09: ASMusic -- 10/09: ASMusic -- 3/10: ASMusic -- 8/10: ASMusic -- 3/11: ASMusic -- 7/11: offsite -- 10/11: ASMusic -- 10/12: ASSports -- 7/13: ASMusic -- 12/13: ASMusic -- 7/14: ASMusic -- 10/15: ASMusic

Old 07-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
howlongtillsummer?
DIS Veteran

This was very kind and useful. Thanks.
howlongtillsummer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #5
thatgirl23
Mouseketeer

You're welcome!

Old 08-09-2011, 11:40 AM   #6
NeverlandClub23
Jon Bon Jovi's secret lover
I miss the big talking pile of leaves and trash
It makes me laugh to sing it like a drunk old man would sing it

Thanks for the info! I'm planning on getting the Adventure Package for our trip. Do you pay when you first get there or at the end of the day? Thanks again!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #7
thatgirl23
Mouseketeer

You pay whenever you pick up your pictures. You could probably pic them up shortly after your swim (give them time to get everything ready though). If you think you might want to add pictures taken in other parts of DC, like the Grand Reef or aviary and haven't done those before your swim, then I would wait until later in the day so you have time to have those pictures added. Also, they suggest going to pick up your pics by 3:30pm otherwise you're going to get stuck in the mad rush of people all getting their pics at the very end of the day around 4:30/5:00pm.

Hope that helps!

Old 02-24-2012, 12:04 AM   #8
Evansvillegirl26
Mouseketeer

I am going with my husband and sister in 2 weeks. So can we buy 1 cd that will have pics of all of us? My sister wont have to buy a seperate CD?
Evansvillegirl26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:12 AM   #9
DisneyLoverUSA
DIS Veteran

cd

I was wondering, if I took all 5 of us for the dolphin swim and with the other pictures they take through out the park, or if they take pictures on the Sea Venture, how can they make sure all of those different pictures end up on the same CD?

I will probably want the CD of all of the pictures but they will ALL be on ONE CD right?

I am surprised they will sell you a CD with all of your pictures on it for $125. I would think they would charge a lot more to try to encourage you to get a package with printed pictures.

Well the Adventure package is only $139 and it comes with the CD so I guess maybe that does encourage you to buy a package. lol

Last edited by DisneyLoverUSA; 02-24-2012 at 10:19 AM.
DisneyLoverUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #10
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLoverUSA View Post
I was wondering, if I took all 5 of us for the dolphin swim and with the other pictures they take through out the park, or if they take pictures on the Sea Venture, how can they make sure all of those different pictures end up on the same CD?

I will probably want the CD of all of the pictures but they will ALL be on ONE CD right?

I am surprised they will sell you a CD with all of your pictures on it for $125. I would think they would charge a lot more to try to encourage you to get a package with printed pictures.

Well the Adventure package is only $139 and it comes with the CD so I guess maybe that does encourage you to buy a package. lol
They will take a picture of your ID card, we had a large party last year it was 8 ppl, 3 family groups, and we just showed our ID card and then it did take me at least 30 minutes or more to sit there and go through ever picture for the CD but they were able to get everthing on the 1 CD and we got some great pictures from the ultimate package. We did purchase an extra DVD I think it was but we were able to copy all the pcitures from the CD and give CD copies to my sister and her family, and my parents.

The only thing is to make sure to review your picture prior to leaving. They did check the DVD and one of the DVDs had someone else on them but it wasn't until we were home the next day did I realize one of our print pictures was wrong, it was a duplicate of my sister's boyfriend instead of one that I wanted of myself

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #11
DisneyLoverUSA
DIS Veteran

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson96 View Post
They will take a picture of your ID card, we had a large party last year it was 8 ppl, 3 family groups, and we just showed our ID card and then it did take me at least 30 minutes or more to sit there and go through ever picture for the CD but they were able to get everthing on the 1 CD and we got some great pictures from the ultimate package. We did purchase an extra DVD I think it was but we were able to copy all the pcitures from the CD and give CD copies to my sister and her family, and my parents.

The only thing is to make sure to review your picture prior to leaving. They did check the DVD and one of the DVDs had someone else on them but it wasn't until we were home the next day did I realize one of our print pictures was wrong, it was a duplicate of my sister's boyfriend instead of one that I wanted of myself
That's good to know they will put all the pics on one CD. Since there will be 5 of us that might end up being dozens of pictures and I would like to have them all on the one disc.

I am assuming that this photo disc is a disc that will allow you to make prints of your pictures? Or is it just a disc to view the pics? Like the Disney photopass CD where you can print off your own copies?

I am thinking if you can print off your own copies of your pics it there wouldn't be any reason to buy the prints from them so I am thinking the disc may be limited to just viewing and not allow you to print off pictures. Anybody know? If you can make prints from the CD?
DisneyLoverUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:07 PM   #12
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
That's good to know they will put all the pics on one CD. Since there will be 5 of us that might end up being dozens of pictures and I would like to have them all on the one disc.

I am assuming that this photo disc is a disc that will allow you to make prints of your pictures? Or is it just a disc to view the pics? Like the Disney photopass CD where you can print off your own copies?

I am thinking if you can print off your own copies of your pics it there wouldn't be any reason to buy the prints from them so I am thinking the disc may be limited to just viewing and not allow you to print off pictures. Anybody know? If you can make prints from the CD?
This is my question too!

I really just want to put all my pics on a CD and then figure out which ones I want to print at home.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #13
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
This is my question too!

I really just want to put all my pics on a CD and then figure out which ones I want to print at home.
Another who would like to know the answer to this as well .

Also does anyone have an up to date price list for the op above list-being as though that one was for 2011?.

Also in the ultimate package listed above were it says 'Interaction video' is this your dolphin swim experience dvd?.
Thanks.x.

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:24 PM   #14
Sehsun
DIS Veteran

Yes, the photo CD does provide high-resolution images so you can print the photos.

I don't know for sure, but I want to say that the video in the Ultimate Package and the DVD listed in the additional items are the same product?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #15
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sehsun View Post
Yes, the photo CD does provide high-resolution images so you can print the photos.

We have printed beautiful 8 x 10's from our CD of pics taken in the lazy river.....the quality is excellent. We also had prints made for the grandparents of each of us doing the dolphin swim and again, the resolution of the CD images made gorgeous photos.

Also....its worth mentioning that when we purchased the Adventure Package on January 1st, they also included (at no extra cost) a fabulous Discovery Cove stone frame to fit one of our 6 x 8's. We didn't even ask....they just told us they were adding one in. Its beautiful (and HEAVY!) and made our package cost an even better value. Maybe this is a new inclusion? Or perhaps we were just incredibly lucky!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: