Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #76
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

The large groups of teenagers is what keeps me from trying a family suite at All Star Music. I know my two teenage boys wouldn't mind but I want to relax at the resort!

So sorry about all the bumps and bruises...you sound like me! My family just waits for me to take a fall! And I usually deliver!

I love the photos with Zach's camera. They are so much better than what we ended up with when I gave our boys cameras on our first family trip in 2007. Most of what we had was blurry and completely out of focus!

The Jedi training looks like fun! Great PP pics!

I had to laugh at the boys having a "kid's meeting"! That's great!
Old 05-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #77
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Amy, great update.

You guys got a lot accomplished that morning at DHS. I love the Jedi photos (I really wish they had something like that when my boys were younger or they did and I didn't know about it ). The ice cream photos are too cute.

Sorry about the rain and no pool; love that the boys wanted to give you massages
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #78
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Hi, Amy! I don't know how I missed the start of this but I'm all caught up now. Sounds like you had a productive morning at DHS, I should tell my aunt about the Jedi training academy, my cousin is 8 and she loooooooves Star Wars. They go to Disney every other year and are due for a trip next year.

I would LOVE to stay at Beach Club...someday!

Old 05-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #79
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

What a fun DHS morning, Alex Jedi Training pictures have me wanting to sign my kids up. So fun

Love your family picture at the end of your time in the park

the boys telling you guys to lay down and offering massages is so sweet

Can't wait to see if you make it to MK
Old 05-19-2012, 06:21 AM   #80
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Wow..on the bumps and bruises!! I can definitely understand the title of your report now. Oww..

Zack did a great job taking pictures at the Poly!!

Sounds like it was a successful morning at DHS!! You got a lot accomplished! I can't wait to try the Animation class! Your drawings of Dopey turned out really cute!

Great pictures of Alex at the Jedi training! Looks like he had a lot of fun!

Aww...the boat ride back to the BC looks so relaxing. But, sorry about the pool being closed. Looking forward to hearing if you made it to MK.
We really like the animation class - although Zach has ended up frustrated with his drawing the last few times we've gone. Jedi training was very fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki's mom View Post
I'm following along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
What a fun day at DHS! The photo of you and Tim kissing behind the boys is so cute!

And how funny the boys wanted to give you massages!
The boys are so funny sometimes! They fight so much, but when they want something, they are really good at working together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Great update!

All the pictures of the boys are SO good. I also love when kids try to impress us with their made photography skills. I think the croc picture is my favorite.

And the Jedi training pics are superb! You really had a great HS day. So sorry the thunderstorm ruined your pool plans. That is so frustrating. I wonder how many times that will happen to use in June!

Is the Jedi training everyday? It's not just on the weekends, is it? My nephews will only be at HS midweek. I think they would really enjoy that but it sounds like you have to get there REALLY early to sign up.
Zach had a lot of fun with the new camera! I love that croc picture.

Jedi Training is every day but you DEFINITELY have to get to DHS before rope drop & head right to the sign up area. We got there within 5 minutes of them opening the park and walked straight there but we still got the 1:30 class. If both boys had been signing up, it woudl have been the 2:20 class!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
What a nice outcome of the balcony meeting!

The Star Wars pictures were fun!

Hooray for a budding photographer!
Zach's camera & Jedi Training were definitely two highlights from our trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Good job Zach with the picture taking.

Yeah when the power went out I woke up right away because our fan stopped. I called down & they told me it was the whole resort but should not be long. I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it.

It looks like Alex had a good time with the Jedi training.

Love that boat ride back to the BC!!
The power outage was funny... we'd had all these storms that didn't make the power go out, then it goes out in the middle of the night with no storm around. At least we all got back to sleep.

Love that boat ride!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I can't believe how long sign ups for Jedi took in the am...ouch

You did a really good dopey!
I was really shocked by the time Jedi Training sign ups took!

Thanks! Drawing Dopey was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
What a really great morning at DHS!

So glad your son got to do the Jedi training. The pictures are incredible!!!

When my son did the Jedi Academy in 2008, I was back at the resort with my older son who was not feeling well. So I missed it! My husband took a few pictures, and one picture of Ben with all the characters when they invited him backstage (it was year of a Million Dreams). If there were photopass pictures, my husband didn't get them and I didn't know to ask.

Bummer about the pool closing. Been there!!!

So I hope you don't mind me asking a question about the lounge. I thought it was open 24 hours for drinks, and only closed down occasionally for meal prep. Could you, or Doreen, share what you experienced about the accessibility of the lounge offerings??? Thanks!
Honestly, I'm not sure about the lounge being open 24 hours... The only time I tried to go there before 7, the doors were closed, but that was because it was between 6:30-7::00 when they were setting up for breakfast. And I think the only time we were there late, was when we got home from MK just after 10. I believe the doors were closed then too - but it was probably because they were cleaning up from the evening snacks. Hopefully Doreen can answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Caught up again Amy

Your bumps and bruises remind me of myself, I'm constantly walking into tables, banging my arms on something....my legs are littered w/ them

And the teenage groups.... that's how I will feel come late Saturday night after chaperoning 6 12-13 girls all day at our Great America for Music in the Parks day for Bekah's school orchestra...wish me luck

Sounds like you had a full and successful DHS morning, love all the PP pixs of Alex doing the Jedi Training.

Sorry about the rain wrecking the pool again...wondering how your night will turn out and too. Ute w/ the parent/kid meetings

J~
I get bumps & bruises all the time - in fact I just got one sliding into a booth at a restaurant earlier this week. : It's just that I usually don't get that many all at once!

Luckily we had a very productive morning at DHS before the storms rolled in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I've been having such a hard time catching up now that I'm working full time.
I was so spoiled for a while I forgot what working, being the taxi for baseball, hockey, and karate,and cooking and cleaning the house was like. I don't know how I did it all before!!
Looks like you had a great DHS day. I wish they had the Jedi training when my oldest DS was into SW. He would have loved that! The pics are awesome.
Darn thunderstorms!!
You've been such a busy lady lately!! I don't know how you do it - I find it hard to juggle everything and work maybe 6 hours per week, and most of those hours are at home!

I don't know when they started Jedi Training - I know it's been around for a while but they used to pick people randomly from the audience. We never tried waiting around for that - I didn't want to risk one of the boys getting chosen and not the other. Turns out that probably wouldn't have been an issue!
Old 05-19-2012, 06:40 AM   #81
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
The large groups of teenagers is what keeps me from trying a family suite at All Star Music. I know my two teenage boys wouldn't mind but I want to relax at the resort!

So sorry about all the bumps and bruises...you sound like me! My family just waits for me to take a fall! And I usually deliver!

I love the photos with Zach's camera. They are so much better than what we ended up with when I gave our boys cameras on our first family trip in 2007. Most of what we had was blurry and completely out of focus!

The Jedi training looks like fun! Great PP pics!

I had to laugh at the boys having a "kid's meeting"! That's great!
I bet the boys would love all the cheer & dance groups!

Luckily none of my bumps or bruises were too serious! I'm all healed up.

Zach had a lot of fun with his camera & I think they came out pretty good. I haven't looked at all of them yet, but so far so good.

I love that they have the PP photographer at Jedi Training! Great way for them to sell those PP CDs!

The kids meeting cracked me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Amy, great update.

You guys got a lot accomplished that morning at DHS. I love the Jedi photos (I really wish they had something like that when my boys were younger or they did and I didn't know about it ). The ice cream photos are too cute.

Sorry about the rain and no pool; love that the boys wanted to give you massages
There's nothing like ice cream at 9:30 in the morning!

The weather was a bit of a disappontment but at least we had a nice morning before the rain rolled in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
Hi, Amy! I don't know how I missed the start of this but I'm all caught up now. Sounds like you had a productive morning at DHS, I should tell my aunt about the Jedi training academy, my cousin is 8 and she loooooooves Star Wars. They go to Disney every other year and are due for a trip next year.

I would LOVE to stay at Beach Club...someday!
The Beach Club was really nice! It was my dream resort & I'm happy that I finally got to stay there. I bet you will get there someday too.

I bet your cousin would love the Jedi class - just get there EARLY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
What a fun DHS morning, Alex Jedi Training pictures have me wanting to sign my kids up. So fun

Love your family picture at the end of your time in the park

the boys telling you guys to lay down and offering massages is so sweet

Can't wait to see if you make it to MK
Just make sure boys really want to do the class before you wait in the long line. There was a family behind me with a little boy, maybe around 6 or 7 and a little girl around 4. There's a lady that comes through the line asking the kids a few questions before you get up to the front where you get your ticket. She asks things like, "Are you ready to face the dark side, ALONE" and "Are you afraid of Darth Vader". The little girl didn't seem ready to face the dark side. The parents kept saying, "you'll be fine" and "she really wants to do it" to the lady. But the lady wouldn't let her do it! She said something like, "Maybe when you get a little bigger" or something like that.

You could also explain the situation & they might let you go up with them & help. I believe Kathy's DH helped Billy participate in a class.

Maybe go watch the show on one day, then go back and sign up for the class on another?
Old 05-19-2012, 12:59 PM   #82
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - MK

So after a little while of snacking, resting & people watching, we got ready to head to MK. Even if we only had dinner and rode a few rides, it would be a good evening. It was still raining when we got on the bus (our only time for this trip). Luckily the rain pretty much stopped when we arrived at MK. Since we’d snacked all afternoon, we decided to tackle a few rides before having dinner. It was probably around 6:30.

We headed to Splash Mountain first. We were going to get wet anyways, so why not! We rode Splash, then headed to Pirates. I was experimenting with my new camera settings trying out certain features like low light. None of these are with flash:

After Pirates we wanted to eat at Cosmic Rays so we could hit Tomorrowland after that. We timed it right because it poured buckets while we were inside eating dinner. My receipt says it was about 7:20 when we got dinner. Alex & I each got a half chicken meal. I think Tim & Zach got a burger & hot dog. We found a table (it was pretty crowded for it being that late) and took our time eating. It was still raining a little bit when we left so we threw on the ponchos & swiftly made our way to Space Mountain. Since it’s a lovely indoor queue, we rode twice! And again, we got “Kermit Hands”! (No picture this time but I’m pretty sure I have one later.) I think Tim only rode once, then waited for us in the gift shop.

After Space, we took the path behind Space Mountain out to get our first look at the new attractions in Storybook Circus. It didn’t disappoint! It looked so beautiful at night. We visited the really nice bathroom first, then got in line for the Barnstormer. We skipped Dumbo to ride on our MK morning. Unfortunately, these pictures don't do Storybook Circus justice!

Continued...

Last edited by DisMomAmy; 05-21-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #83
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Day 2 - MK

Here is where we went wrong… we had planned to catch the Storybook Train to the front of the park to miss the parade. We decided that we still had time so we went to ride Peter Pan & It’s a Small World.

Then we backtracked to the train station only to find it already closed! I didn’t realize it closed during the parade. It makes complete sense since the parade has to cross the tracks to the backstage area in Frontierland. So instead of an easy train ride out of the park, we had to battle the crowds during the parade. The parade was ending as we made our way down Main Street so many of those people were now trying to leave too. Luckily we made it out and there was a bus waiting for us.

One last picture of the castle as we made our way out:

We stopped at the Yacht Club first, then the Beach Club. Zach was mostly asleep and we had to convince him to walk up to the room. We just missed the lounge closing so I took the boys up while Tim stopped at the Marketplace for a piece of key lime pie. We were all in bed in no time!

Up next: Our resort day... how much of the resort would we actually see?

Last edited by DisMomAmy; 05-21-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #84
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Just found your fantastic TR. Planning our first trip to BC (sadly not CL) so particularly interested in your reviews of the resort. Love your son's photos. DD loves taking photos but is particularly obsessed with the theming of the bus stops at resorts ?????? (and bins but hey) looking forward to more.

Old 05-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #85
MEK
DIS Veteran

You got some great low light pictures. You also got a ton of stuff done in MK! Wow! Too bad about missing the train and having to walk to the front of the park with the masses, but at least you walked right onto a waiting bus.

Great evening! Great update!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 05-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #86
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Glad you kept going in the rain. It's not ideal, but at least you got in a few things.

It's so nice when a bus is waiting.

I imagine we will be going over to Magic Kingdom on our first day of the summer trip to check out all of the new stuff. That will be five weeks from right now, by the way.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #87
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Storybook Circus was really cute. DS10 rode BS at night as well. We also had the same problem with the train so we stayed right in SC to watch Wishes. What an awesome viewing spot!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #88
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Catching up a bit...

The kissing PhotoPass pic made me laugh out loud - I've seen those before, but that is a GREAT one!

Love the Jedi Training Academy shots too!

HILARIOUS about the kids meeting and massages! Love it!!!

Sounds like a very nice night at MK, glad it stopped raining too!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #89
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures of Alex at the Jedi Academy. Very fun!

Also love all your pictures on the ToT and the new Barnstormer. Great angles!
Old 05-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #90
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

I love the MK at night. You got some great pictures!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: