Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #46
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I'm here Amy!

I have been MIA for a while and had no idea that you were back at the BC. So exciting. I love all your pictures. I want to stay there soooo bad.

How neat that you met Doreen and you guys were so close.

Can't wait to read more.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #47
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Woo hoo! (I actually saw the bat signal you sent out on FB & subbed last night!) I love reading TRs that happened the same time as my trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
I'm here Amy!

I have been MIA for a while and had no idea that you were back at the BC. So exciting. I love all your pictures. I want to stay there soooo bad.

How neat that you met Doreen and you guys were so close.

Can't wait to read more.
Hi Erika! Yes - it was a very crazy couple of days before we left with the last minute resort switch! It was so great to meet Doreen!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #48
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

The title

Before I post the next update, I thought I'd explain the title. I'm afraid I might forget to tell about all of the parts as I go through the TR so here it is...

The bumps and bruises were all mine! The first one happened on one of the first few wet days. I think it was at MK on our second day. I was wearing flip flops and my feet were squishing around a bit. I was trying to put something in the backpack, which was on Tim's back. I stepped on the back of his shoe and broke my big toenail. The next happened when I walked into a chair in our villa when I was coming off the balcony. I got a big black & blue on my thigh. (I moved the chair after that.) Next was the best one of all... I was at the pool at Vistana and it was one of the first hot days. I took a ride down the waterslide and on my way back to my lounge chair, I realized how hot the ground was. My feet were burning to I jumped up on the lounge chair... and my leg went right through the slits in the vinyl! The lifeguard saw me and asked if I was OK. My ankle hurt but I was mostly embarassed! I had a big bruise on the ouside of my ankle. The last one was a bruise to my hip when I got onto TSM on our last day. I am a bit accident-prone but that was even a lot for me! Luckily none of the injuries were serious.

As for the teenagers, the World was invaded by school groups on our last few days. We had dance & cheer teams there for a competition. There were also school bands there and a ton of school trips - field trips, senior trips, and any other type of teen group you can imagine. They seemed to have arrived on Thursday or Friday 4/26 or 4/27. They weren't there on Wednesday, we were at Typhoon Lagoon on Thursday and when we returned to the parks on Friday, they were EVERYWHERE! Every ride we went on had a group of crazy teenagers. They were well behaved but even well behaved high school girls are loud on Tower of Terror & Kali River Rapids! Squeeeeeeeeeellllllll!!! I was just ready to be done with all of them by the time we left.

I am going to save the last part of the title (swimming with sharks) for the TR. I definitely won't forget to tell that story because it was one of the major things that happened at Typhoon Lagoon. Obviously someone swam with sharks but you'll have to wait to hear the rest.

I hope to have Day 2 started sometime this weekend.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!
Old 05-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #49
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I know what you mean about school groups! We actually saw my DH's friend's son march right before the MSEP one night we were there. They are from RI. I was so excited for them.
I marched in a parade at Sea World my junior yr. of H.S. I wish it would have been the parade at MK!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-11-2012, 06:25 PM   #50
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

The bumps and bruises were all mine! The first one happened on one of the first few wet days. I think it was at MK on our second day. I was wearing flip flops and my feet were squishing around a bit. I was trying to put something in the backpack, which was on Tim's back. I stepped on the back of his shoe and broke my big toenail. The next happened when I walked into a chair in our villa when I was coming off the balcony. I got a big black & blue on my thigh. (I moved the chair after that.) Next was the best one of all... I was at the pool at Vistana and it was one of the first hot days. I took a ride down the waterslide and on my way back to my lounge chair, I realized how hot the ground was. My feet were burning to I jumped up on the lounge chair... and my leg went right through the slits in the vinyl! The lifeguard saw me and asked if I was OK. My ankle hurt but I was mostly embarassed! I had a big bruise on the ouside of my ankle. The last one was a bruise to my hip when I got onto TSM on our last day. I am a bit accident-prone but that was even a lot for me! Luckily none of the injuries were serious.

Those are some unique 'souvenirs' to bring home from a Disney trip. Ouch!

I have to admit - I laughed at the foot through the chair thing. I mean, I am sorry you got hurt, but the picture in my mind was a little funny.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #51
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the explanation of the title-

I guessed the swimming with sharks part.

I thought the bumps and bruises might also be TL- the wave pool is notorious! (and fun)

And the teenagers. I have no comment. Just compassion and empathy. I will be with one of those groups in a few short weeks. In the past, our group has always been complimented for good behaviour so I am hoping this is not the year that changes.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #52
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

I am so sorry about all of your bumps and bruises. Glad none of them hindered your vacation plans!

I had no idea so many high school groups take trips to WDW. I work in a K-12 school and even well-behaved teens are teens!

Can't wait to hear about the sharks!

Old 05-12-2012, 08:57 AM   #53
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

YIKES on all those bumps and bruises Amy. Glad nothing was too serious though.
I know all about mobs of teenagers, glad they were well behaved.
Can't wait to read about the swimming with sharks, though I really need to make sure Joey isn't in the room or he'll freak

Hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day you deserve it, you are such a great mom.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 05-12-2012, 03:48 PM   #54
MEK
DIS Veteran

Oh My Amy! That IS a lot of bumps and bruises and I was certain you were talking about the boys. Oh well, at least you didn't break any ankle.

Ughhhhh to high school and middle school groups. You know how I feel about school kids when I am playing tourist.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #55
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Oh man! That is a lot of bumps and bruises for one trip!! Glad to hear none of it was serious.

I've been there when the teens invade - and it can be overwhelming, I agree!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #57
MelMel11
Mouseketeer

Count me in!!
Old 05-14-2012, 05:38 AM   #58
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Oh my Amy I guess you are accident prone. That cement around the pool does get so hot though. Sometimes I am almost running back to my chair because my feet are burning!!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #59
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I know what you mean about school groups! We actually saw my DH's friend's son march right before the MSEP one night we were there. They are from RI. I was so excited for them.
I marched in a parade at Sea World my junior yr. of H.S. I wish it would have been the parade at MK!
How fun that you got to be in a parade at Sea World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Those are some unique 'souvenirs' to bring home from a Disney trip. Ouch!

I have to admit - I laughed at the foot through the chair thing. I mean, I am sorry you got hurt, but the picture in my mind was a little funny.
The chair thing was the funniest! As soon as I did it, I was looking around to see who witnessed my stupidity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for the explanation of the title-

I guessed the swimming with sharks part.

I thought the bumps and bruises might also be TL- the wave pool is notorious! (and fun)

And the teenagers. I have no comment. Just compassion and empathy. I will be with one of those groups in a few short weeks. In the past, our group has always been complimented for good behaviour so I am hoping this is not the year that changes.
Believe it or not, we didn't make it to the wave pool! But I've heard stories about how bad it is!

Good luck with the teenagers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
I am so sorry about all of your bumps and bruises. Glad none of them hindered your vacation plans!

I had no idea so many high school groups take trips to WDW. I work in a K-12 school and even well-behaved teens are teens!

Can't wait to hear about the sharks!
I can't believe how many schools take trips to Disney either... they are SOOOOO lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
YIKES on all those bumps and bruises Amy. Glad nothing was too serious though.
I know all about mobs of teenagers, glad they were well behaved.
Can't wait to read about the swimming with sharks, though I really need to make sure Joey isn't in the room or he'll freak

Hope you have a wonderful Mothers Day you deserve it, you are such a great mom.
I'll be sure to give a shark warning before I post pictures!

I had a nice mother's day - I hope you did too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh My Amy! That IS a lot of bumps and bruises and I was certain you were talking about the boys. Oh well, at least you didn't break any ankle.

Ughhhhh to high school and middle school groups. You know how I feel about school kids when I am playing tourist.
It would be a logical conclusion that I'd be talking about the boys! But no, it was me!

The groups were a bit crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Oh man! That is a lot of bumps and bruises for one trip!! Glad to hear none of it was serious.

I've been there when the teens invade - and it can be overwhelming, I agree!
No serious injuries... just a few bruises to bring home as souvenirs!

Overwhelming is a perfect word to describe the teen groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh my goodness! You got beat up on this trip. OW!!!!!
I'm way too uncoordinated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMel11 View Post
Count me in!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Oh my Amy I guess you are accident prone. That cement around the pool does get so hot though. Sometimes I am almost running back to my chair because my feet are burning!!
It was sooo hot! Running back to the chair & sitting down would have been a better solution though!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: