Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #436
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great trip to NYC! I actually can't stand the Yankees, but am a huge baseball fan. I'd go to Yankees stadium just for the history of it!

Gorgeous view from your room! I'd love to take my boys to NYC, but Jeff hates the city, so convincing him will be difficult. I'd like to go for a weekend during the holiday season...someday!

Cool boat excursion! The boys' smiles say it all!
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #437
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

What a super cool trip! Those fake Mickey and Minnie characters sure are a little creepy!!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #438
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a fun trip! My boys would have been in heaven. Great hotel location, but yes, major sensory overload (and McDonald's overload...yikes! you poor thing!)

Sorry, I can't help it.

If you ever ask Evan who he wants to win, any game, it would be...

Whoever is playing against the Yankees.

the fact that it was OUR team....

Even better.

from Evan's perspective that is.

As Amy knows, Red Sox fans are familiar with that phrase as well!

Last edited by natebenma; 10-04-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 PM   #439
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Wow!!! What a great trip to NYC! We really need to take our boys there, and would do a lot of the things your family did. Natural History Museum, 9/11 Memorial, harbor tour, Lego Store, Disney store, M&M...

We would probably skip Yankee Stadium, but it looks beautiful and the museum is very impressive. Nice choice of a generic baseball shirt for Zach, but I love that he wore red to the game!

Great hotel with an amazing location and fantastic view!!! What floor were you on?

Do your boys know much about 9/11? Nate was 3 and Ben was 4 months old when it happened. Bob Hayes, a really nice guy from our neighborhood who had boys the same ages as mine, was on one of the planes.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #440
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma
Wow!!! What a great trip to NYC! We really need to take our boys there, and would do a lot of the things your family did. Natural History Museum, 9/11 Memorial, harbor tour, Lego Store, Disney store, M&M...

We would probably skip Yankee Stadium, but it looks beautiful and the museum is very impressive. Nice choice of a generic baseball shirt for Zach, but I love that he wore red to the game!

Great hotel with an amazing location and fantastic view!!! What floor were you on?

Do your boys know much about 9/11? Nate was 3 and Ben was 4 months old when it happened. Bob Hayes, a really nice guy from our neighborhood who had boys the same ages as mine, was on one of the planes.
OMG that is so sad! Does his family still live near you? Do your boys know a lot about 9/11?
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #441
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma

Yes they are!!! Lol
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 10-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #442
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Looked like a lot of fun Amy!!

We are going to Universal in April or July!!! Yay! I got my way. Well at least we're going to FL. We'll go to Disney for 1 day. I don't know how I'll handle that but at least we're going!!
Not sure about the flights yet though. I wanted to fly out on Friday. But missed the day they came out. We could fly out Thurs. night but I'm still not sure of the return flight. I'm thinking going in July would be better we could stay a little longer and flights are cheaper.
Not sure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
We had a lot of fun!

Yay for your spring trip!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
What an amazing trip!!!
Looks SO BUSY!!!
Thanks Mo! Yes, BUSY is a good way to describe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a fun trip! My boys would have been in heaven. Great hotel location, but yes, major sensory overload (and McDonald's overload...yikes! you poor thing!)

Sorry, I can't help it.

If you ever ask Evan who he wants to win, any game, it would be...

Whoever is playing against the Yankees.

the fact that it was OUR team....

Even better.

from Evan's perspective that is.
It was a really good trip & I'm glad we added days on to our trip so we could do all of those things while we were there.

Zach feels the same way about the Yankees!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #443
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Looks like a great trip to NYC! I actually can't stand the Yankees, but am a huge baseball fan. I'd go to Yankees stadium just for the history of it!

Gorgeous view from your room! I'd love to take my boys to NYC, but Jeff hates the city, so convincing him will be difficult. I'd like to go for a weekend during the holiday season...someday!

Cool boat excursion! The boys' smiles say it all!
I think there are places you could stay in NYC that aren't so busy. We chose to stay right in the middle of Times Square because we wanted to see all of the busy... we would probably choose to stay somewhere else if we went back.

I tolerate the Yankees but Zach doesn't like them at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
What a super cool trip! Those fake Mickey and Minnie characters sure are a little creepy!!
The characters were very creepy! They were all over Times Square too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Alex is trying to convince me & Zach that we should cheer for the Yankees since they are in the playoffs & the Red Sox are not. I told him I wouldn't root against the Yankees... Zach can't make the same promise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post

Thanks Dee! I believe we were on the 41st floor or something like that. I was a little freaked out about being up so high & being able to get out if anything happened. But we did have a great view!

Alex was 9 months old on 9/11, Zach wasn't born yet. They really don't know too much about it. The boys have a school mate (in a different grade) who's grandparents were on one of the flights & died that day. I didn't even know that until a couple years ago so I don't think she talks about it much (at least not school-wide). And they don't really know her well. We talk a little bit about it every year. We figured it would be good for them to see the memorial so they could have that memory for when they do learn more about it at school.

So sad about your neighbor. I'm surprised we don't know anyone directly who died that day. There were a lot of people from New England. I know people who know people but that's about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Yes they are!!! Lol
Old 10-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #444
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Great NY trip...

I really want to go see a game in Yankee Stadium... I'd love to see a Phillies-Yankee game but since their in different leagues that very seldom happens...

I can be positive about the Yankees because of all the history and because they are in the AL ... the Mets no so much... I do like the Red Sox too but I tend to feel more benevolent about more of the AL teams...( I was hoping -since the Phillies were obviously going to be out of post season play this year for an Orioles-Nats game... with the Orioles winning but sadly not to be...)

Is the Hard Rock attached to the stadium? or does it have a separate entrance...

(Have you guys ever been to Cooperstown? It was great- your boys would love it... all of your boys...)

I think that the Marriott Marquis has a theatre in it too?

How did your boys like Time Square? I wasn't sure how David would feel but he loves it and wants to go there everytime we go to NY... (his sensory issues are pretty limited through) me on the other hand, I can feel my pupils dilating and I feel myself spacing a bit... it's pretty intense but it is fun (I just wouldn't want to live in Times Square... ) The M & M store and the Toys R Us are big hits in our house too...

The Natural History Museum is pretty awesome... one of the best science museums I've been in... Easter Island Statue... "more gum gum dumb dumb" ...yes I'm a geek and I love Night at the Museum...

Looks like a really great time...

oh btw - I'm really glad to have your report on the "Shark". I had wanted to do that this past summer but wasn't sure... It sounds awesome and we will definitely we sitting in the front...
Old 10-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #445
MEK
DIS Veteran

Wow - that was one mega update on your trip to NYC. I skipped even trying to read this week cause I knew I couldn't see pics.

Your hotel room was very nice. The view was wonderful.

Thanks for all the Yankees pictures. That looks like an amazing stadium and the museum is very, very cool.

What a bummer that they lost, but it still must have been a great experience for the kids.

Good to know about the speed boat tour - sit in the front. check!

Yeah for a DIS meet with Kathy!

I really, really, really want to see the 9/11 Memorial. I am sure it is very emotional to visit.

Thanks so much for sharing your NYC trip.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 10-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #446
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Great NY trip...

I really want to go see a game in Yankee Stadium... I'd love to see a Phillies-Yankee game but since their in different leagues that very seldom happens...

I can be positive about the Yankees because of all the history and because they are in the AL ... the Mets no so much... I do like the Red Sox too but I tend to feel more benevolent about more of the AL teams...( I was hoping -since the Phillies were obviously going to be out of post season play this year for an Orioles-Nats game... with the Orioles winning but sadly not to be...)

Is the Hard Rock attached to the stadium? or does it have a separate entrance...

(Have you guys ever been to Cooperstown? It was great- your boys would love it... all of your boys...)

I think that the Marriott Marquis has a theatre in it too?

How did your boys like Time Square? I wasn't sure how David would feel but he loves it and wants to go there everytime we go to NY... (his sensory issues are pretty limited through) me on the other hand, I can feel my pupils dilating and I feel myself spacing a bit... it's pretty intense but it is fun (I just wouldn't want to live in Times Square... ) The M & M store and the Toys R Us are big hits in our house too...

The Natural History Museum is pretty awesome... one of the best science museums I've been in... Easter Island Statue... "more gum gum dumb dumb" ...yes I'm a geek and I love Night at the Museum...

Looks like a really great time...

oh btw - I'm really glad to have your report on the "Shark". I had wanted to do that this past summer but wasn't sure... It sounds awesome and we will definitely we sitting in the front...
We had a lot of fun in NY. We've actually talked about doing a trip to Cooperstown. I need to do a little research to figure out what else we could do out there.

I wish we hadn't been so tired when we were at the Natural History Museum. We really just walked through & didn't spend much time looking at the exhibits. The boys were actually disappointed that the musuem didn't look more like the one in the movie. We had watched it just a few weeks before our trip. The Easter Island statue (or "Gum gum statue" as they called it) was one of their favorites.

The Shark was one of the highlights from our trip. You should definitely check it out - up front!

Times Square was good to visit but it is definitely a very sensory experience. Loud, bright & crowded with all kinds of smells. We really like having experienced it & I'm glad we stayed there but I think we'd stay somewhere else next time. We didn't hang out in Times Square much - just going from point A to point B with a couple visits to stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Wow - that was one mega update on your trip to NYC. I skipped even trying to read this week cause I knew I couldn't see pics.

Your hotel room was very nice. The view was wonderful.

Thanks for all the Yankees pictures. That looks like an amazing stadium and the museum is very, very cool.

What a bummer that they lost, but it still must have been a great experience for the kids.

Good to know about the speed boat tour - sit in the front. check!

Yeah for a DIS meet with Kathy!

I really, really, really want to see the 9/11 Memorial. I am sure it is very emotional to visit.

Thanks so much for sharing your NYC trip.
It was a great trip. So different from anything we've done. The kids (more Alex than Zach) get bored easily so this trip had a nice balance of sports stuff & some touristy things. I think we made some good plans to keep their interest - like doing the speedboat rather than a full tour of the Statue of Liberty.

The 9/11 Memorial is definitely something you should see. They are still working so it'll be interesting to see it when it's done.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:33 AM   #447
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great update!! Your trip to NYC looked like so much fun! We're thinking about taking a trip there next year. Many of the things you did are on our to-do list. I'll have to look into the speed boat tour. It looks like something my boys would love.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:56 PM   #448
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Man o man you are BUSY!!!

Old 10-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #449
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

What a great NY trip! A place Alex and I are quite interested in visiting. If we ever get to go, I'll be asking you for pointers
Old 10-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #450
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great update!! Your trip to NYC looked like so much fun! We're thinking about taking a trip there next year. Many of the things you did are on our to-do list. I'll have to look into the speed boat tour. It looks like something my boys would love.
It was such a fun trip & so different from other trips we've taken. You will have a ton of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Man o man you are BUSY!!!
But hoping to find more DIS time this weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
What a great NY trip! A place Alex and I are quite interested in visiting. If we ever get to go, I'll be asking you for pointers
You should totally go! It was a lot of fun & it would make a great mom & Alex trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: