Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #31
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Great first day! The boys seemed to handle the surprise pretty well. I know changes are tough for them sometimes.

The BC is just beautiful! What a treat to stay club level. Good for you!

Sorry you didn't love 'Ohana. We wanted to try dinner there but ended up doing the character breakfast instead. We really enjoyed it, but the breakfast was the traditional fare...nothing unusual!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #32
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Love the Manchester airport. So not crowded. And the parking is so reasonable!

Can I tell you how much I love the picture of the WDW arch, with the road curving- most pictues don't include this.

I'm so glad that you ended up back at the BC and that you already enjoyed SAB on the first day.

The first year we stayed at the BC, we had a similar view of the courtyard and loved it, especially the people watching. Our room was in the wing to the left of your straight on room.

Bummer that you couldn't find a popsicle! Not for lack of trying!

Looking forward to reading about Day 2!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #33
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Great update, Amy. Love your room at the BC (that is the only deluxe that I still want to try one of these trips).

Love the pics of the boys swimming.

Sorry that most of the family didn't enjoy Ohana; we've never done dinner there becasue I'm with the boys and not sure I'd like the noodles, etc.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #34
BobbleClank
Mouseketeer

Subbing, now I want to stay at the BC.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:38 AM   #35
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I didn't know that you and Heidi's family were traveling on the same flight. How fun!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #36
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

This is awesome!
so excited to read the rest!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #37
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Hi Amy,

Here and caught up, great intros pictures and start, glad the rain didn't spoil too much of your arrival day....so sorry the majority of you didnt like OHana

Looking forward to hearing more and getting some clues to your choice of title

J
Old 05-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #38
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I'm glad you started Amy!

Bummer on 'Ohana. That is on my must-do list. It usually gets good reviews, right? What didn't you like?

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 05-07-2012, 08:42 PM   #40
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hi There I'm really enjoying your report so far. My family and I used to stay at Vistana resort when I was younger..it's so nice. The Boardwalk looks amazing. I hope my husband and I could stay there one day. Looking forward to more. -Amanda
Old 05-08-2012, 06:36 AM   #41
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I'm here!!! And enjoying it all so far. I LOVE your view, what a primo spot for people watching!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 05-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #42
MEK
DIS Veteran

Awesome start to your TR!

I really can't wait to see your pictures. I know the boys had to be sooooooo excited on Day #1. Sorry they didn't love the Ohana food. I think check-in there is always super chaotic. I've never seen it NOT crowded.

Glad that SAB was in functioning order. That's so great how everything worked out perfectly for you.

Yay for club level and a DIS meet to boot!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #43
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I'm joining in Amy!
Looks like a great first day. Glad SAB worked out and you got a swim in before the rain. This was like our 4th or 5th April trip and I think this was the rainiest one.
Can't wait to hear more.
If you do a DIS meet with Dee let me know I don't live to far away
This was definitely the rainiest April trip I've ever been on! I had a very rainy March trip in 2008, but otherwise, this was the worst.

I'll keep you in mind for the Southern NH/northern MA DISmeet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
No I did not meet Tim & Alex. Oh well. Hopefully we can set up a Disney Store shopping day & I can pick you up. Or we might be at Disney again at the same time.

That was so strange how we must have walked right by each other. I was taking lots of pictures though so I am going to chalk it up to that.
You'll probably be on a whole new vacationing schedule now... with no kids in K-12, you'll be AVOIDING school vacation weeks! So we'll have to figure out something local for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
What a fun first day, looks like the boys had a great time in the pool. Sorry they didn't like the food at Ohana, was the food spicy or just different type of flavors? Hooray for a DISmeet
Can't wait to read about your DHS day
Arrival day was pretty nice... aside from the rain! I think we didn't love 'Ohana for a combination of both reasons - too spicy & different flavors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Mr. Tim was nice enough to get Liam a donut. It was his first time with a chocolate frosted!

I'm so glad that Amy told me about flying into Tampa because it's such an easy drive to Orlando. It's nice to have that option for flight times and prices.
We stopped for lunch at Steak n' Shake, yum!

And thank you again Amy for the 20 pounds of gifts you gave the kids at the airport
I'm glad Tampa worked out for you. Also glad you had a nice lunch at Steak n' Shake!

Sorry about that 20 pounds of goodies! I kept buying things when I would see them, then it turned out to be way more than I needed!

The boys really liked their activity books. Tim liked the guy with the magnetic hair... I can't remember what it was called. I have a picture in with my souvenir pics, but I haven't uploaded them to PB yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
I'm here!

Sounds like a fun first day!! Love your pictures of the BC! You had a great view!

Sorry that Ohana's wasn't a hit for you guys. I'm a little nervous my boys won't like it either. But, DH and I are still anxious to give a try.
Our view at the BC was fantastic! I thought I wanted to see the pool, but the courtyard was the perfect place to people watch. Especially when it would start raining! During one of the storms, there were a ton of teenagers who went running out of the BC toward Epcot - the girls were all squealing! It was so funny!

Most people love 'Ohana so hopefully you will too!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #44
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Great first day! The boys seemed to handle the surprise pretty well. I know changes are tough for them sometimes.

The BC is just beautiful! What a treat to stay club level. Good for you!

Sorry you didn't love 'Ohana. We wanted to try dinner there but ended up doing the character breakfast instead. We really enjoyed it, but the breakfast was the traditional fare...nothing unusual!
Disney was a good surprise so they were OK with it!

It really was a treat to stay club level! I'd love to stay club level in a villa sometime! Not sure if you can even do that but it would be the best of both worlds. I don't see that happening anytime soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Love the Manchester airport. So not crowded. And the parking is so reasonable!

Can I tell you how much I love the picture of the WDW arch, with the road curving- most pictues don't include this.

I'm so glad that you ended up back at the BC and that you already enjoyed SAB on the first day.

The first year we stayed at the BC, we had a similar view of the courtyard and loved it, especially the people watching. Our room was in the wing to the left of your straight on room.

Bummer that you couldn't find a popsicle! Not for lack of trying!

Looking forward to reading about Day 2!!!
We LOVE the Manchester airport too! It really is easy to fly in & out of there. And so much cheaper to park the car.

The whole popsicle incident was really a bit ridiculous! Our view was awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Amy. Love your room at the BC (that is the only deluxe that I still want to try one of these trips).

Love the pics of the boys swimming.

Sorry that most of the family didn't enjoy Ohana; we've never done dinner there becasue I'm with the boys and not sure I'd like the noodles, etc.
You should definitely give the BC a try sometime - it's a beautiful resort.

I guess I expected the noodles to taste like the ones at Teppan Edo - but they didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbleClank View Post
Subbing, now I want to stay at the BC.
You should definitely give the BC a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I didn't know that you and Heidi's family were traveling on the same flight. How fun!
Yup! Same flight, same resort for the second part of our trip. It was nice to have a friendly face around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
This is awesome!
so excited to read the rest!!!
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Hi Amy,

Here and caught up, great intros pictures and start, glad the rain didn't spoil too much of your arrival day....so sorry the majority of you didnt like OHana

Looking forward to hearing more and getting some clues to your choice of title

J
I'll have to explain the title before I go too much further.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I'm glad you started Amy!

Bummer on 'Ohana. That is on my must-do list. It usually gets good reviews, right? What didn't you like?
Yes - 'Ohana usually does get good reviews. It just wasn't for us. Tim liked it but I expected Zach to like it too. He isn't usually very picky but he didn't like the spices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Subbing so I can go back and read

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hi There I'm really enjoying your report so far. My family and I used to stay at Vistana resort when I was younger..it's so nice. The Boardwalk looks amazing. I hope my husband and I could stay there one day. Looking forward to more. -Amanda
I've really enjoyed staying in the Boardwalk/BC/Epcot area. I've stayed there 3 times now & will be doing so again when I stay at BWV with my friends in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm here!!! And enjoying it all so far. I LOVE your view, what a primo spot for people watching!
The view was the BEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Awesome start to your TR!

I really can't wait to see your pictures. I know the boys had to be sooooooo excited on Day #1. Sorry they didn't love the Ohana food. I think check-in there is always super chaotic. I've never seen it NOT crowded.

Glad that SAB was in functioning order. That's so great how everything worked out perfectly for you.

Yay for club level and a DIS meet to boot!
The boys really enjoyed the surprise! I'm glad to hear chaotic is the normal check-in deal at 'Ohana because it was definitely crazy!

We really enjoyed SAB - I just wish the weather had been more cooperative!
Old 05-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #45
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Started my TR!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2923825

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: