Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 10:17 PM   #391
natebenma
DIS Veteran

It's way late for me, so I scrolled through your pictures quickly. I'll read in the morning, but I just have to say...

There is a picture with Kermit's autograph, but no Kermit hands?
Old 09-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #392
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Love it!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 07:22 AM   #393
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your morning sounds great. I was trying to read your update this morning before I left for work, but I failed. So I will come back later to see your pictures.

Ugh for screeching teenage girls in the back row. I always seem to get a screamer or two when I ride ToT.

Lunch sounds like it was a hit.

You really got a lot done.

Wait - you could not find a stuffed Kermit in the dump shop? That is just wrong!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #394
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I have never, ever gotten the cowboy on the GMRide ...

I don't blame Zach... I wouldn't have been happY with the screechers either...

I love those fountains in the Muppet courtyard...

Sci Fi is a good time... - we always have fun there, usually stick to basics in terms of food but the atmosphere is so fun... David always requests it...

Great car photos...
Old 09-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #395
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Hey Amy! I want to do the same kind of day in October; split DHS/AK. Did you grab a FP for TSM when you first got there? If you didn't, did you have a long wait later in the morning?

Is the bus going to AK easy enough to find?

Sounds like you got a bunch done for only having a half day! I'm hoping for the same!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 09-19-2012, 04:43 PM   #396
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

Back to see your pictures and this is so cute. I love the boy's TOT T's.

As annoying as the teenage girls were, they did take a cute TOT picture!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #397
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I love the ToT shirts too. DS11 has the red one.
You are so lucky to be going back again so soon!!
We may be going in April but doing mostly Uni/IOA since everybody's sick of Disney. and do one day for me. Just as long as I get that I'll be happy!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 09-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #398
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

It seems all I do is play catch up on this report!

Great updates! I love your Photopass pics...beautiful. And the tour around the WS....
Old 09-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #399
natebenma
DIS Veteran

What a fantastic day at Hollywood Studios! You know how to hit the headliners!

Sorry about the annoying girls on ToT. Cheerleaders???

Wow, you really have lucked out on the Cowboy scene. We saw it once, and my DH missed it because he was out harvesting FPs while we rode.

I'm glad being a bit late for your Sci Fi ADR was not an issue. So Tim liked the shrimp pasta, huh? I ordered it once and it was the nastiest thing I have ever had at Disney. My husband asked me why I ordered a pasta dish at a burger place? I don't know!

Looking forward to hearing about your day at AK.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:11 PM   #400
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great pictures at DHS!

We finally got around to trying Sci-fi on our last trip and really enjoyed it! The atmosphere is so cool!

It sounds like you had a great day!
Old 09-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #401
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Hi Amy- Just wondering if you've looked into flights for April yet?
Do you know when I can find out when SW will open flights for April 13?? I thought there was somewhere on the site but I can't find it. I originally wanted to leave Friday the 12th right after school but I missed the open date so now they are ridiculous!!!!
If the flights are to crazy we're going in July instead.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 09-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #402
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Thanks for the trip to Hollywood Studios this morning. I quite enjoyed it.

A popsicle makes a good day even better.

I like the cars, Zach!
Thanks MeMom! It was a fun morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Amazing that you never win at TSM

That tram is at the Studios
Funny, huh?

I thought it was the Studios tram but the next picture in photobucket was at AK so I couldn't be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Fun morning! I love the wizard of oz section and never get tired of pictures of it. Ugh on the screaming girls on tot though. Sci fi is perfect for lunch, we really need to go there again someday.

I love the last, silly, photo pass pic of you guys. It made me smile.
I love that Wizard of Oz section too - I think I spot something new every time. The girls were quite annoying! It was so funny that the CM said something to them before the ride even started.

Sci Fi was fun - I'm glad we gave it another try.

We love the silly PP pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Ok all caught up.

Love the Epcot pics. Looks like a beautiful day.

Looks like you got lots done at DHS

Zach took some great pics of Mom! He does a good job.

Love the photopass pics!!! Great family pics!!
Hi Doreen! Glad you found some time to get caught up! I saw that you've been updating again lately. Now I have to get caught up on your TR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Great pictures!! I had no idea they gave you bonus pictures on the CD. I loved the F&G festival. So pretty and so much fun.
There are some great bonus pictures on the PP CDs. Last November we got some great Christmas pictures. And there were some October people in my share so we got some Halloween pictures too! I think it's based on the day & location you have PP pictures taken.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #403
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
It's way late for me, so I scrolled through your pictures quickly. I'll read in the morning, but I just have to say...

There is a picture with Kermit's autograph, but no Kermit hands?
Nope! Zach only likes to do his 'kermit hands' move on rollercoasters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Love it!!!!
Thanks Mo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your morning sounds great. I was trying to read your update this morning before I left for work, but I failed. So I will come back later to see your pictures.

Ugh for screeching teenage girls in the back row. I always seem to get a screamer or two when I ride ToT.

Lunch sounds like it was a hit.

You really got a lot done.

Wait - you could not find a stuffed Kermit in the dump shop? That is just wrong!
Can you believe it? No Kermit in the dump shop! Well actually there was a little tiny magnetic stuffed animal but no sleep-in-the-bed-with-you Kermit! I couldn't believe it.

We had a fun morning at DHS. It's nice to go back without anything left on the to-do list and just enjoy the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
I have never, ever gotten the cowboy on the GMRide ...

I don't blame Zach... I wouldn't have been happY with the screechers either...

I love those fountains in the Muppet courtyard...

Sci Fi is a good time... - we always have fun there, usually stick to basics in terms of food but the atmosphere is so fun... David always requests it...

Great car photos...
So many people say they have never had the cowboy... I don't understand why we've had him/her so many times! I don't think they always run a cowboy scene depending on crowds. We usually go during spring break, but ours is late & the crowds are usually way down by then.

I think the expectations were lower for Sci Fi this time around. We thought of it more as counter service type food in a cool setting. Either the food was better or the expectations were more realistic... either way, we enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Hey Amy! I want to do the same kind of day in October; split DHS/AK. Did you grab a FP for TSM when you first got there? If you didn't, did you have a long wait later in the morning?

Is the bus going to AK easy enough to find?

Sounds like you got a bunch done for only having a half day! I'm hoping for the same!
PMing you about the FP...

Sorry, can't help with the bus question... We had a car so we drove.

We did get a lot done. It was nice to just go in & do what we wanted since we'd already done most of our must-dos on our previous DHS day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Back to see your pictures and this is so cute. I love the boy's TOT T's.

As annoying as the teenage girls were, they did take a cute TOT picture!
You're right! The girls did take a cute picture. They were so funny though - the one girl who didn't get her hands right was scared to death of the ride so as much as her friends wanted her to pose, she wasn't letting go of the seat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I love the ToT shirts too. DS11 has the red one.
You are so lucky to be going back again so soon!!
We may be going in April but doing mostly Uni/IOA since everybody's sick of Disney. and do one day for me. Just as long as I get that I'll be happy!!

Zach got the red one when he rode for the first time since we scared him away from it. Alex got his this time... or maybe it was in November.

We have been very lucky to go back so often! We were going to do both Disney & Uni/IOA but I think we'll just stick with Disney this trip. It's so expensive to do both & I'm sure there will be a day that the kids beg for Universal. For now, they don't seem to interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
It seems all I do is play catch up on this report!

Great updates! I love your Photopass pics...beautiful. And the tour around the WS....
I know what you mean... I feel like I've been playing catch up on everyone else's reports & can barely keep up with my own updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
What a fantastic day at Hollywood Studios! You know how to hit the headliners!

Sorry about the annoying girls on ToT. Cheerleaders???

Wow, you really have lucked out on the Cowboy scene. We saw it once, and my DH missed it because he was out harvesting FPs while we rode.

I'm glad being a bit late for your Sci Fi ADR was not an issue. So Tim liked the shrimp pasta, huh? I ordered it once and it was the nastiest thing I have ever had at Disney. My husband asked me why I ordered a pasta dish at a burger place? I don't know!

Looking forward to hearing about your day at AK.
I suspect the girls were probably cheerleaders.

We like the cowboy scene but our favorite ride was in November with the gangster. We were right up front & the gangster was talking with us. He totally freaked Alex out!

Tim's didn't like Sci Fi the last time so I was surprised he liked it this time. Once he doesn't like something, it's hard to get him to change his mind! It must have been a good batch of shrimp pasta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great pictures at DHS!

We finally got around to trying Sci-fi on our last trip and really enjoyed it! The atmosphere is so cool!

It sounds like you had a great day!
I'm glad you liked Sci Fi. It's very cool in there! We were definitely having a fun day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Hi Amy- Just wondering if you've looked into flights for April yet?
Do you know when I can find out when SW will open flights for April 13?? I thought there was somewhere on the site but I can't find it. I originally wanted to leave Friday the 12th right after school but I missed the open date so now they are ridiculous!!!!
If the flights are to crazy we're going in July instead.
So glad you are getting a celebration trip!! Southwest flights open up on Monday, October 15th... the morning after I get home late from Disney! The prices for February vacation week weren't great so I'm hoping they don't get any more expensive for April! JetBlue released theirs earlier & had some pretty good prices but I have Southwest points so I'm holding out for them. Plus we love flying out of Manchester. I hope you are able to get good flights!!
Old 09-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #404
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy

So glad you are getting a celebration trip!! Southwest flights open up on Monday, October 15th... the morning after I get home late from Disney! The prices for February vacation week weren't great so I'm hoping they don't get any more expensive for April! JetBlue released theirs earlier & had some pretty good prices but I have Southwest points so I'm holding out for them. Plus we love flying out of Manchester. I hope you are able to get good flights!!
Just checked Southwest again & the date is changed... It now says 10/22! Which I'm happy about since I'll be getting home from the girls weekend trip late in 10/14! I might not have been thinking very clearly on the morning of 10/15!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #405
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy

Just checked Southwest again & the date is changed... It now says 10/22! Which I'm happy about since I'll be getting home from the girls weekend trip late in 10/14! I might not have been thinking very clearly on the morning of 10/15!
Can you tell me where on the site it shows the date?? I thought it used to be in travel tools. I can't seem to find it anymore.
We have SW points too
What dates are you going? I don't think our vacations are the same this year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: