Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 09:19 AM   #376
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great photopass pictures!!

Aww....I really missed not seeing the F&G Festival this year. Epcot is so beautiful in the spring!! Love all the pictures!

Old 09-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #377
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

I have to say, I think those are the best family photos I have ever seen of you guys!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 09:32 PM   #378
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Love your Epcot photo pass pics!

I have good news to share!!!!- I got a job today!!!!!!!!! Yay finally!
My DH promised me a Disney cruise when I got a job!!!! Can't wait to start planning!!!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 09-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #379
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey Amy,

I think Zach is already a way better photographer than I am...

(I was getting shudders when I read you wrote there is a new Photobucket? that's going to take me a little bit to figure out... I had just gotten competent with the "old" photobucket...

I have a little boy or medium boy (what does 10 counts as?) who is seriously looking forward to the Sum of all Thrills when we go Nov/Dec...

We've never done Mission Space-all of the motion sickness reports had me pretty freaked out-but I think we'll have to do it this time...

Great world showcase photos- I feel homesick for it...

Great Update....
Old 09-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #380
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh No!

Zach's pictures are wonderful! I love the pictures he took of you. Your PP pics also turned out great. I love the one with all the boys crossing their arms. Cute!
It's fun to see pictures of myself since I'm usually the one behind the camera!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Beautiful! I feel the same way. Even though we are taking an October trip, I am already looking very forward to March, too!

I always love kid's view pictures. Tell Zach to keep up the good work!
It's such a nice way to kick off spring for us! And just soooo pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
All caught up, Amy!

Hurray for Alex eating his turkey sandwich by just taking the lettuce and tomato off AND snorkeling! You really must have been thrilled!

Hope the boys are still enjoying school!

I love that you do all four parks on your last two days -- that's a neat tradition, and I love all the Epcot pictures, both yours and Zach's!

Cynthia, I can't believe Jeff accidentally broke your mug and then didn't tell you about it until questioned. I hope it was because he just forgot.
It was such a great trip for Alex. The whole spring was a great time for him between his environmental camp trip, 5th grade graduation, turkey sandwiches & sharks!

All four parks on the last two days is fun but a little hectic. I may try to plan for all four on the last three days or something like that for the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What a great update, Amy...such a fun time. Love the photos Zach took...great job. And your photopass pictures are great too...and I love the F&G photos (I have to get there at least once for F&G).
Thanks Kathy! Only one more day to go... I hope to get an update posted tomorrow. Flower & Garden is so pretty!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Caught up!

Congrats to the boys on successful starts at school, especially the transition to middle school. My boys start today. Nate is really anxious about high school, especially since most of his friends are still back at middle school and Ben was so excited he couldn't sleep last night!

Gorgeous pictures from EPCOT!!! I have never been in the spring- I can't believe how beautiful the park is during F&G. Thanks for the great tour. Zach's pictures in China were fantastic.

We have always loved the Universe of Energy, especially with the addition of Ellen and the Jeopardy theme. But it really is too long. A real commitment when you decide to do it.

on Splash being open. That is one awesome redneck photo you got there. Love the boys in the front.

Sorry to hear that you were starting to encounter hoardes of teens. I don't know who thinks it is a great idea to bring large groups like that to Disney.
I hope the start of school went OK for your boys! It can be so hard to move to a new school. Zach is missing some of his friends because now that he's in 3rd grade, he has a different recess than his friends in 2nd grade!

You HAVE to get to Disney during F&G! It's so pretty!

The boys get such a kick out of riding together... even though they've been doing it for the past few trips now.

Large groups at Disney!

So much for getting replies done... I'll be back to finish later!
Old 09-08-2012, 08:42 PM   #381
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great photopass pictures!!

Aww....I really missed not seeing the F&G Festival this year. Epcot is so beautiful in the spring!! Love all the pictures!
I love getting Photopass pictures taken! It's expensive but we usually do a share so it works out really well.

There are so many great 'seasons' at Disney. I loved being there during the holidays and I'm excited to go back again this fall but spring will always have a special place in my heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
I have to say, I think those are the best family photos I have ever seen of you guys!
Thanks Heidi!! Tim looks more relaxed than usual!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Love your Epcot photo pass pics!

I have good news to share!!!!- I got a job today!!!!!!!!! Yay finally!
My DH promised me a Disney cruise when I got a job!!!! Can't wait to start planning!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's such great news! I can't wait to hear what you plan for your Disney celebration!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hey Amy,

I think Zach is already a way better photographer than I am...

(I was getting shudders when I read you wrote there is a new Photobucket? that's going to take me a little bit to figure out... I had just gotten competent with the "old" photobucket...

I have a little boy or medium boy (what does 10 counts as?) who is seriously looking forward to the Sum of all Thrills when we go Nov/Dec...

We've never done Mission Space-all of the motion sickness reports had me pretty freaked out-but I think we'll have to do it this time...

Great world showcase photos- I feel homesick for it...

Great Update....
Don't worry about the new photobucket... you don't have to switch to it... I don't think. I like it but you are much more limited on the amount you can download. I'm sure I'd end up needing to pay. I think if I'm going to pay, I'll go to Smugmug. I really liked that website.

Sum of All Thrills is very cool! I think your medium boy will love it.

You should try out the Green version of Mission: Space. You get to experience the ride without the spinning centrifuge feeling.

My pictures made me miss Disney too! I can't wait to get back in just over 30 days!!!
Old 09-10-2012, 10:05 PM   #382
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

The photopass pics look great.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:01 AM   #384
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Day 10 - Last park day

I had hoped to get this updated posted sooner but it's been a crazy month. With the start of school, sports, etc. I haven't had much time to do anything. As promised, I will get this TR finished before I leave (in just 25 days - yes my ticker is off by a day) for my October girls trip.

Moving on to our last park day! Today’s plans involved visiting DHS followed immediately by AK with no break in between. We wanted to be back at the resort at a reasonable time to get packed up & ready for our trip home the next morning. After a stop at Dunkin Donuts and dealing with Southwest check-in on our phones, we arrived at DHS around 9:15. So we didn’t quite make rope drop but we were able to get everything done that we wanted that day.

First up was RnRC:

Then Tower of Terror… Remember those teenagers that I’d mentioned the previous day. They were everywhere again today. Including the back row of our elevator.

You can’t really see Zach, but he was NOT happy with the girls squealing & screeching behind us! Funny story... when we got loaded into the elevator, after the seatbelt check, just before the CM closed the doors, she stuck her head back in & said something like, "Girls in the back, please remember you are sharing this elevator with other guest." Apparently this hadn't been the first group of teenagers she'd seen.

After tackling our favorite rides on Sunset Blvd., we headed to Pixar Place to ride Toy Story Mania:

Again, I lost.

After TSM, we headed over toward Star Tours.

I guess we took a walk through the Streets of America too.

Continued...

Last edited by DisMomAmy; 09-15-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #385
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Day 10 - Last park day

Continued from previous post...

We had planned to ride Star Tours and possibly see Muppet Vision 3-D before lunch but the line at Star Tours was very long so we went to see the Muppets.
At some point, not sure if it was right after Muppet Vision 3D or not, we browsed the Muppet shop. Zach really wanted a Kermit stuffed animal but they didnít have any! I finally got him one when I went to the Disney store with Heidi a few months ago.

After the show, thinking lunch was at 11:45, we got in line for Star Tours (the line had gotten shorter). It was then I thought to check my phone & realized that our ADR at Sci Fi was actually for 11:30! I had mixed up the times when we flip flopped our last two days due to an EMH change. Luckily we zipped through Star Tours & were only a tad bit late for our ADR at Sci Fi. We didnít have to wait very long to be seated either. I got a burger, Tim got a shrimp pasta dish, Zach got a hot dog & Alex got another turkey sandwichÖ which he also loved! Tim gave the restaurant a much better review this time around! We all enjoyed our meal & the atmosphere is so fun.

After lunch we took a ride on the Great Movie Ride.

We got the cowboy. I donít know how we get such good luck but weíve had the cowboy probably as many times as weíve had the gangster. Iíll just post a few pictures since youíve all seen them before.

I love the Wizard of Oz scene!

After riding through the movies, we stopped for some churros & drinks at the stand next to the GMR on our way out of DHS. We also found Alex his favorite popsicle.

Iím not sure if this is the tram OUT of DHS or the tram IN to AKÖ but thatís where we headed next!

Photopass from the morning:

Up next: Our afternoon at AK
Old 09-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #386
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the trip to Hollywood Studios this morning. I quite enjoyed it.

A popsicle makes a good day even better.

I like the cars, Zach!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #387
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Amazing that you never win at TSM

That tram is at the Studios

Old 09-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #389
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh your F&G pics are making me want to go back! And sad. I went to use my F&G coffee mug yesterday, only to find it missing. Upon some questioning it was confessed that Jeff broke it.

WAH!
Ok all caught up.

Love the Epcot pics. Looks like a beautiful day.

Looks like you got lots done at DHS

Zach took some great pics of Mom! He does a good job.

Love the photopass pics!!! Great family pics!!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #390
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Great pictures!! I had no idea they gave you bonus pictures on the CD. I loved the F&G festival. So pretty and so much fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: