Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #316
KatMark
DIS Veteran

W A Y T O G O A L E X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so awesome, and it looks like the family had a great day at TL. I'm going to have to get back there one of these days if just for the lazy river.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #317
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh my gosh I just got completely teary Amy! I'm so proud of Alex and I wasn't even there! Turkey on a textured seeded bread AND snorkling? That is so huge.

What a wonderful day. So fun seeing your pictures and descriptions. When we were there in 2010 I didn't do any of the slides as Eric either wasn't old enough, tall enough or something and maybe K didn't want to? I don't recall. But it's fun to read the actual detail as the 3 big boys certainly didn't tell me much. I wish we'd been early, we could have gotten more in at Crush and Gusher, the lines were too long to want to do much.

I could move in to that lazy river though. We loved that!

LOL on your knees.
It was a pretty awesome day Cynthia! I remember exchanging messages with one of the teachers who was with him a lot at environmental camp a couple weeks before. I was just so excited & proud of him I couldn't help myself.

We enjoyed the slides, but definitely liked the more family friendly slides better.

The lazy river was great, but hard to try to keep track of each other!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post
Just figured out how to post from the iPad! I know what a big deal the shark thing was for Alex. Those are the things that keep us going back....all the gains that they can't learn in school
Yay for ipad posting! I still haven't mastered that.

It was pretty awesome that Alex took the plunge. We were starting to worry because we knew how badly he wanted to do it so we were pushing him to try. If he hadn't, he would have felt so bad.

And as far as the reasons we keep going back... Tim was looking at the pictures from this day & noticing how smiley Zach was. He tends to run hot & cold and he was definitely having a good day here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Great update!!!

Sounds like your family had a really nice day at TL. Thanks for posting the ride descriptions- they really help me to picture and remember the different attractions.

Were there many (any) photopass photographers out in the park?

Crusher Gusher is a lot of fun, I'm glad you got lots of rides!

That is really awesome that Alex was able to overcome his apprehension about snorkeling to swim with the sharks. I know you and your husband are really proud, and he must be too! I love the picture of him and and your husband snorkeling.

The picture of your knees is hilarious. Bruises in just the "right" places!

My youngest son and I got season passes to Water Country this summer- good year for it. We went yesterday, probably headed back one more time before school starts up. Did you post that you had gone a couple of weeks ago?
No - I was bummed that there weren't any PP photographers around.

We LOVED Crush 'n' Gusher - by far our favorite ride at TL. The Shark experience is right at the top too... especially after Alex gave it a try!!

We actually have four passes to Water Country that we have to use before they close around Labor Day. We thought about this weekend but golf & Water Country can't both happen if it's going to rain tomorrow.

We're busy on Saturday next weekend but we might try to go on Sunday. If not, sometime during Labor Day weekend. They were free tickets and I'd hate for them to go to waste! Let me know if you are heading back!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #318
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Great pics of TL!! We have only been to BB. I regret it now-think I like TL better and DS11 was to little when we went.. just wasn't into the slides yet. I was cracking up about the pic with your knees. To be honest I was reading it on my phone and had to look at it a couple of times before I figured it out.
The way Alex was freaking out because he wanted so badly to try it but was afraid at the same time is exactly what my DS11 would do.
Looked like another great day in paradise!!!
We'll probably try out Blizzard Beach in April. The following year (2014) will be a February trip based on the way Easter falls so I'll have to check out the refurb schedule because we won't have a choice of which waterpark to go to (if any) for that trip. Yes... I've planned out that far ahead... it actually works out well when we can have two trips within 12 months.

The knee picture... it's obviously my knees but for some reason when I first saw it I had to do a double take.

We were so proud of Alex for trying something so far out of his comfort zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Amy - I only wish I could see your pictures right now from this update. Yeah Alex It's so funny because when my son Brian was that age he was terrified of the snorkling, too. But we did it together. Your story sounds SO familiar.

Be back later to see pics!
I hope you've had a chance to look at my pictures. They aren't the best quality but I'm so glad we brought along the disposable camera. It was a two pack so I still have the second one for our next waterpark adventure.

I wouldn't exactly describe what Alex did as snorkeling... he did more of a head lift to breathe. And he went so fast, he didn't have much breathing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
W A Y T O G O A L E X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is so awesome, and it looks like the family had a great day at TL. I'm going to have to get back there one of these days if just for the lazy river.
Thanks Kathy!! It was a great day!!
Old 08-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #319
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

We actually have four passes to Water Country that we have to use before they close around Labor Day. We thought about this weekend but golf & Water Country can't both happen if it's going to rain tomorrow.

We're busy on Saturday next weekend but we might try to go on Sunday. If not, sometime during Labor Day weekend. They were free tickets and I'd hate for them to go to waste! Let me know if you are heading back!!
We will go back one more time- Ben and I have passes for this year, we have one "Bring a friend free" and we got Nate a pass for next year (valid for the remainder of this year, too). My DH isn't interested in going so we will go during the week. Probably the week after next. Sounds like you are shooting for a weekend, but I'll send you a message to let you know when we end up going.

Quote:

We'll probably try out Blizzard Beach in April. The following year (2014) will be a February trip based on the way Easter falls so I'll have to check out the refurb schedule because we won't have a choice of which waterpark to go to (if any) for that trip. Yes... I've planned out that far ahead... it actually works out well when we can have two trips within 12 months.

The family ride at Blizzard Beach is awesome!!! Blows away the family ride at TL.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #320
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Those are my knees… at first glance at this photo, I thought I had somehow gone topless & didn’t remember!

OMG - I thought the same thing. I had to do a double take! Love all the in-ride photos!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #321
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
We will go back one more time- Ben and I have passes for this year, we have one "Bring a friend free" and we got Nate a pass for next year (valid for the remainder of this year, too). My DH isn't interested in going so we will go during the week. Probably the week after next. Sounds like you are shooting for a weekend, but I'll send you a message to let you know when we end up going.

The family ride at Blizzard Beach is awesome!!! Blows away the family ride at TL.
I would take the boys during the week but we haven't been able to find a day to do it. Alex was in a camp pretty much every day. This week is a little different, but Zach has soccer camp every morning & Alex has orientation & band camp most of the afternoons this week. I had thought maybe Monday afternoon but then we had to fit some appointments in. So I think it's going to end up being a weekend... which means more crowds but oh well. I bet it wouldn't be crowded if we went now in the rain.

Can't wait to check out the BB rides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
OMG - I thought the same thing. I had to do a double take! Love all the in-ride photos!
Funny, huh?
Old 08-18-2012, 09:59 AM   #322
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Finishing off Day 8 at DTD

I only have a couple pictures for the rest of today so I'll write a short update to get the day finished up.

After leaving Typhoon Lagoon we headed back to our villa and, of course, went swimming!

After sitting around the pool for a while we realized how happy we were with the decision to flip our Tuesday & Thursday plans. Had we gone to Typhoon Lagoon on Tuesday, we would have had plans to take the kids to the Sandcastle Club & eat dinner at Shula's. We definitely weren't up for anythng like that today! Luckily we had an early dinner ADR at Raglan Road... a first for us.

The restaurant is gorgeous!! I love the stained glass windows.

We really enjoyed our meal there. It wasn't my favorite meal of the trip but it's such a nice restaurant and we got to see this:

We also saw them outside after dinner doing a little demo & pulling in some kids to dance with them.

We also ran into Heidi & her family at Raglan Road. They weren't sure what they were going to do for dinner that night so it was nice bumping into them.

After dinner, we we did a little more shopping. Alex wanted a couple more NBA Vinylmations & Zach wanted to check the Lego store to see if they had gotten anything new... which, as I expected, they hadn't.

We also stopped at Goofy's & I got this:

Zach decided he wanted a candy apple, then realized that he couldn't have it because he has a space maintainer in his mouth! Between that & the Lego store, he was so disappointed.

On the way back to the resort, we decided to find a Target. I needed a couple grocery items & we knew they sold Legos. With a few breakfast items, waters & a new Lego toy in hand, I came back out to the car (where the family waited) and made Zachary's day!

We spent the rest of the night hanging out at the resort, showering the boys & getting a good night's sleep. We had two park days left & wanted to be at Epcot bright & early.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:43 AM   #323
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Sounded like a great night! We haven't tried Raglan road yet. Looks like it could make it to the list next time.
It's so hard to make ADRs you just never know how you'll feel that night. Good thing it wasn't your date night!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 08-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #324
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Amy I also had tears in my eyes when reading about Alex & snorkeling. How wonderful that he did it.

Looks like you all had I great day at TL. I get tired just reading about all that you did.

We have done our trips to Water Country & I have always come out of there totally wiped out! Between the sun, water & climbing up to the rides it always did me in. I don't think we have ever been to TL but have done BB a few times. It was fun.

Hey it's not raining right now & the sun is making appearances every so often.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:47 AM   #325
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way

Ah yes Ragland Road. It's becoming common place for Amy and I to bump into each other at Disney....like you might do at your home town grocery store.

I actually think your family will like Blizzard Beach better then Typhoon Lagoon (except for Crush n' Gusher). The family raft ride is so much better at BB, food is better too). Our plans now are to go to TL when we want a shorter wp day and BB when we really want to do it all.

Story about Crush n' Gusher from our April trip. I wanted to try it and it says that there is one single rider "shoot". So DH stayed with the kids in the shallow pool and I waited in line. For like 20 minutes which was ok until the girl directly ahead of me in line says party of "one" and the CM tells her "no single riders today". Somehow I was quick thinking enough to say to him "I'll ride with her if she wants" . She was fine with it (I think neither of us wanted to waste all that time in line for nothing.) I was a bit miffed that Disney didn't post any signs warning of no single riders as they must do this often

Old 08-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #326
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Caught up! An advantage to being so late to the party is reading everything all at once.

Yay for Alex's accomplishments at TL and good thinking with the Lego treat!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:01 PM   #327
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Great afternoon/evening following a fantastic day! Having some mellow time after the water park is important. But- more swimming??? Everyone must have been waterlogged!

We haven't eaten at Raglan Road, but hear really good things about it. Can't tear Ben away from T-Rex!

What a great mommy to get a surprise Lego set to help ease Zachary's disappointment (of course, it doesn't hurt that they are less expensive at Target, does it?)
Old 08-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #328
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:

After sitting around the pool for a while we realized how happy we were with the decision to flip our Tuesday & Thursday plans. Had we gone to Typhoon Lagoon on Tuesday, we would have had plans to take the kids to the Sandcastle Club & eat dinner at Shula's. We definitely weren't up for anythng like that today! Luckily we had an early dinner ADR at Raglan Road... a first for us.

Zach decided he wanted a candy apple, then realized that he couldn't have it because he has a space maintainer in his mouth! Between that & the Lego store, he was so disappointed.

On the way back to the resort, we decided to find a Target. I needed a couple grocery items & we knew they sold Legos. With a few breakfast items, waters & a new Lego toy in hand, I came back out to the car (where the family waited) and made Zachary's day!

We spent the rest of the night hanging out at the resort, showering the boys & getting a good night's sleep. We had two park days left & wanted to be at Epcot bright & early.
What a nice evening!!!!! I love Raglan Road, we really though about going there this trip as we all like it. Big bummer about the spacer, those are such a drag for kids! Taylor despised it. Sounds like the lego eased the double dissapointment.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #329
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

Greg and I loved Crush 'n Gusher on our trip back in April. We rode each one with no line first thing. I do have to say though that you definitely don't need an entire day at the park, we pretty much paid $90+ dollars for a couple hours of entertainment. I'd definitely go again if we added the Waterpark option on our park tickets in the future. Our trip in November is going to be short so I definitely don't see us going to a waterpark (I'm not really sure what the temps will be like either.)

Old 08-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #330
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Hi,
Great report and pics. The resort looks so nice. Way too much to comment on being I read between last night and tonight, thanks for the links. We were there the same time and looks like we will be there in October when you are there. LOL

Looking forward to reading more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: