Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #211
natebenma
DIS Veteran

All caught up!

I love the pictures from AK- both yours and Zach's. I love that you both have many of the same shots. Fantastic pictures on Everest, too!

The tigers are so beautiful! How great that they were up and about for you.

Overall, it looks like you had a really fun day at AK!

It's nice that you had some time to hang around the resort before your dinner.

My familly has never done the HDDR show, so I appreciate all your descriptions and pictures. Awesome seats!!!

BTW- in your chapter links post, I think the last two HDDR links are pointing to the same update. The last update you have, with the washboards, is not linked.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:27 PM   #212
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

The boys really looked like they had a great time, I'm glad you all enjoyed it.
You got some great pictures of the performers, and I love your family shot before the show and doing cheers with your drinks.

Can't wait to see if you continue the fun into the evening
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #213
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Glad you all enjoyed Hoop Dee Doo ! Looks like you all were having a blast.
I love your pool area .. my guys would sure love it too.

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 06-25-2012, 06:50 AM   #214
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Fun time at the pool! I wish we were going to be able to say it was in the low 70's next week, but I fear that is just a dream. LOL!

HDDR looks like a blast! How cool that Zach got to ring the dinner bell!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:43 AM   #215
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great updates!!

Looks like the boys had lots of fun at the pool!!

Love your HDDR pics!! So glad to hear you had a great time!! It's definitely something I will be looking into for the future!

Old 06-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #216
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Hoop Dee Doo looks awesome! Your food looks delicious. Yum! Is it 2 credits on the dining plan?

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 06-26-2012, 05:53 AM   #217
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Just got caught up.

Your pics of AK are great. Love walking the trails & we love eating at Flame Tree also.

Pool looks like lots of fun!

Glad you all enjoyed HDDR. We went about 5 years ago & we had a great time also. Love the corny jokes.

So where is the new Disney outlet store???? I have not heard about it.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:35 AM   #218
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Your boys did look like they had a good time!
We haven't been to HDDR since our honeymoon. Something to think about for next time.
That pirate ship at the pool looked so cute. Did the boys like playing there? They have something similiar to that at Bonnet Creek.
The boys loved HDDR - it was a lot of fun!

The pool at Vistana Villages had the perfect mix of everything. They loved the slide but also really enjoyed the pirate ship. They are a little old for it, but still had some fun with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I think I am all caught up!

Disinfect and THEN take pictures! A good DISer takes pictures first and THEN disinfects!

Beautiful room and resort. The pool area also looks lovely. Looks like a fab resort with lots of room.

Love Zach's AK pictures. Nice safari pics in general. Love the HDDR pictures too! What a great show. Sounds like everyone had a blast.

Congrats to both boys for having such successful ends to the school year. I'm sure you are all excited for summer!
I'm a bit of a germophobe so I had to disinfect first.

We really liked Vistana Villages & will probably stay there again next April.

Thanks for the congrats... summer is going well so far - anxious for Alex's camp to start next week. He's been getting bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
fun pool afternoon and I love the HDDR update!

It's actually making me crave fried chicken in a really big way
We enjoyed just hanging out at the pool and want to make sure we plan more time for that kind of stuff next year.

The food was pretty yummy at HDDR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
I am very behind on your report, but trying to catch up.

Wow, the Vistana Villas room is GINORMOUS!!! What great spaces. And I love the views, overlooking the pool and the fountain area.

Where exactly is the resort located?

It sounds like things have been very busy with the end of school and baseball and swimming activities. Happy Summer to your family!
We've been very spoiled by the space we get by staying off-site. The only problem with a GINORMOUS villa is having to keep it picked up! I'm going to lay down the law a bit more next year so I don't end up cleaning up after everyone.

Vistana Villages is located on International Drive. We used our GPS & Tim drove so I didn't pay as close attention as I could have but I think we took 536 right out of Disney (I think that's where the Disney arch is) then turned onto I-Drive. We didn't have to go far on I-Drive so traffic wasn't an issue.

Vistana Resort, which is a larger resort with similar villas, is located slightly closer. After coming out of Disney on 536, you turn onto 535 and it's right there. Driving from either resort is just as fast as taking a bus. You do have to park & get into the park but, depending how far away you have to park, it sort of evens out with how long you have to wait for a bus. MK is easier onsite becasue the bus takes you right there but otherwise the car works out fine... and the boys like riding the monorail from the TTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I think I'm a couple of updates behind (don't remember if I commented on the morning at AK and yours and Zach's pictures -- great job!).

The kids look like they were having a blast at the pool with the slide and in the playground.

HDDR looks like a lot of fun. I'm not sure why we've never done it...even when the kids were little.

Sounds like a great day all around.
We really enjoyed HDDR - you should check it out sometime. Lots of fun!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #219
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
All caught up!

I love the pictures from AK- both yours and Zach's. I love that you both have many of the same shots. Fantastic pictures on Everest, too!

The tigers are so beautiful! How great that they were up and about for you.

Overall, it looks like you had a really fun day at AK!

It's nice that you had some time to hang around the resort before your dinner.

My familly has never done the HDDR show, so I appreciate all your descriptions and pictures. Awesome seats!!!

BTW- in your chapter links post, I think the last two HDDR links are pointing to the same update. The last update you have, with the washboards, is not linked.
Oops - I'll have to fix those links - thanks for the heads up!

Glad you enjoyed the HDDR update - it's a really fun show! The kids will probably be disappointed when we don't go back to see it again in April but at that price, it'll have to wait a few more years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
The boys really looked like they had a great time, I'm glad you all enjoyed it.
You got some great pictures of the performers, and I love your family shot before the show and doing cheers with your drinks.

Can't wait to see if you continue the fun into the evening
The waiters/waitresses all seemed to make a point of grabbing cameras from the families & taking group shots for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Glad you all enjoyed Hoop Dee Doo ! Looks like you all were having a blast.
I love your pool area .. my guys would sure love it too.
We really enjoyed the pool. Believe it or not that pool was pretty quiet. The main pool, which didn't have as much fun stuff, was mobbed the day we tried to swim there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Fun time at the pool! I wish we were going to be able to say it was in the low 70's next week, but I fear that is just a dream. LOL!

HDDR looks like a blast! How cool that Zach got to ring the dinner bell!
The low 70s were too cold for me! Low 70s in NH seems warm but in Florida it's colder... I'm not sure why?

Zach ringing the dinner bell was definitely a highlight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great updates!!

Looks like the boys had lots of fun at the pool!!

Love your HDDR pics!! So glad to hear you had a great time!! It's definitely something I will be looking into for the future!
The pool was great! And HDDR was a ton of fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Hoop Dee Doo looks awesome! Your food looks delicious. Yum! Is it 2 credits on the dining plan?
The food was good! And it includes beer & wine. I had a yummy sangria. I'm not sure about the dining plan... we pay OOP. I think there are certain categories where you can sit & certain shows, but I'm not sure about the credits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Just got caught up.

Your pics of AK are great. Love walking the trails & we love eating at Flame Tree also.

Pool looks like lots of fun!

Glad you all enjoyed HDDR. We went about 5 years ago & we had a great time also. Love the corny jokes.

So where is the new Disney outlet store???? I have not heard about it.
I had been wanting to walk the trails for a long time so it was nice to finally do it. They are much quicker than I thought. I suppose you could linger in there for quite a while but you can also take a quick walk through.

The kids LOVED those corny jokes! They were having fun with it for weeks.

There is a new Disney outlet at the new outlet mall in Merrimack. It's a nice shopping spot for a nice day. It's an open concept so I wouldn't go on a rainy or cold day.
Old 06-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #220
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

The end of day 5

We’d just left Hoop-Dee-Doo and the night was young so I convinced Tim we should go to Epcot for a little bit. It must have been around 7:00pm. One thing I wanted to add from HDDR now that I’ve looked at my notes… Alex really enjoyed the food. In fact, he commented, “I’m obsessed with this chicken!”

Moving on… we decided to go to Epcot & told the kids that we’d just be going on a few rides in Future World.

We headed to SSE first where I tried out my camera some more in low light. I didn't quite get the low light/movement combination right though...

We wanted to finally ride Ellen’s Energy Adventure, but it was already closed for the night. That’s one of the rides that must still close at 7:00. So we moved on to Mission: Space.

The boys were excited:

After our ride, the boys checked out the climbing area for a few minutes:

We decided to cross over to the other side of Future World & take a ride with Nemo & friends.

Continued...
Old 06-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #221
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

The end of day 5

Continued...

Construction walls:

And with that I must have put the camera away for the rest of the night. I know my memory stick didn’t fill again so I’m not exactly sure why I didn’t take any more pictures… but after Nemo we decided to head into the Land. We wanted to ride Living with the Land & Soarin’. It was getting close to 9:00 but I had heard that Soarin’ was open until 10pm with Test Track closed. I didn’t tell the boys because I didn’t want them to be disappointed if it was closed but I thought, either way, we’d have time to ride Living with the Land and at least get in line for Soarin’ by 9:00. We hopped on a Living with the Land boat. It was the first time the boys had been on the ride. Alex tolerated it & Zach thought it was pretty interesting. At one point, Alex says, “Are those real crocodiles?” Tim says, “No” and Alex says, “Mom, is it true?” and I say, “Yes, honey, they are fake.” Tim then says, “You already asked me that, so why did you ask Mom?” Alex says, “I trust mom more because she’s the Disney queen.”

After Living with the Land, we hopped in line for Soarin’ at 8:55 and Alex was a bit anxious so he asked the CM if we’d be able to ride. She told us they were open until 10:00 so we were totally good to go! When we got in to our seats, one of our seats was all wet. Like really wet… like someone peed their pants without a diaper on. The CM came over and just looked at us kind of weird… I asked if there were any open seats in other rows that I could go ride in & she said no. She didn’t offer us any solution… it was really strange. I just told the boys to ride & I went out shopping for a gift for my mother’s birthday in the little shop outside Soarin’. I got a little Flower & Garden festival plant in a tube. It was planted in this gel stuff. It just looked neat.

After we finished up at Soarin’ we headed out of the park & were back at the resort around 9:45.

Up next: Brrrr!! A switcheroo of plans!
Old 07-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #223
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I can't believe the CM didn't clean the seat!!!

My boys LOVE SSE. They make funny faces to make the movie at the end. I think we did that ride a total of 6x last year.

That was great that Soarin' was open later!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 07-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #224
natebenma
DIS Veteran

For just a few rides at EPCOT after HDDR, you did quite a lot!!!

Our family loves Spaceship Earth. My DH and I loved it before the "Check out your future" part, but like your boys, ours love doing silly faces or pressing Chinese instead of English during that part.

What great pictures of the boys in Bruce the Shark's mouth!!!

I was going to say for an end of the night ride on Soarin' but I'm with Cynthia- ICK!!!

The plant thing sounded like a neat gift!
Old 07-01-2012, 06:43 PM   #225
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

Great picture! Such Fun!

"I trust mommy because she's the Disney queen". Too funny!

I agree with Cynthia, ICK on the wet seat and no way to clean it up. That's just wrong that you missed out on Soarin because of a biohazard.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: