Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 03:54 PM   #181
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Your life sounds a little similiar to mine!
There have been so many activities lately- especially DS11 who is also graduating from 5th gr.
We also have basesball and now all-stars to add to it, along with karate for DS15 and hockey too. It has been a crazy spring I can't wait for the last day of school- which isn't until Wed. I NEED a vacation!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 06-15-2012, 04:47 PM   #182
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

Way to go!!!

Quote:

He did "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" as a solo!
Perfect for him!

Quote:
This week, we (luckily Tim was working from home that day) attended the Young Author's Tea in Zach's 2nd grade class. The teacher also presented each child with an award. Zach got the "Most Enthusiastic" student.

What a sweetheart!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #183
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Very nice villa!! Love all that room.

Aw we love going to Seadogs games. We did not go to any last year. It is tough now as both the boys now work most weekends.

Looks like you have been really busy! Are you going to the Dover pool?? We used to have to get up that early for soccer. It was still dark out!!
Old 06-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #184
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Your life sounds a little similiar to mine!
There have been so many activities lately- especially DS11 who is also graduating from 5th gr.
We also have basesball and now all-stars to add to it, along with karate for DS15 and hockey too. It has been a crazy spring I can't wait for the last day of school- which isn't until Wed. I NEED a vacation!
Isn't it ridiculous how crazy things are at the end of the school year?

And now we are on our second weekday without school and the kids won't stop complaining about how bored they are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Way to go!!!

Perfect for him!

What a sweetheart!
Thanks MeMom!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Very nice villa!! Love all that room.

Aw we love going to Seadogs games. We did not go to any last year. It is tough now as both the boys now work most weekends.

Looks like you have been really busy! Are you going to the Dover pool?? We used to have to get up that early for soccer. It was still dark out!!
We really enjoy the space of the villas... except when I have to pick up after everyone!

We go to a lot of Fisher Cats games but try to get in one or two Sea Dogs games. We had great seats right behind the third base dugout this time.

Yes - we were up at the Dover pool. It was Alex's first outdoor swim meet. The weather wasn't so nice on Saturday but it was beautiful yesterday.

Luckily Alex swims in the afternoon at the next meet.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #185
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Amy, sorry I missed the last "family update" (my MIL is very ill and things have been crazy). Love the photos of the boys and at the ballpark (and congrats on the "elopement" of your brother).
Old 06-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #186
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great pictures!!

Yay for Alex winning 4 gold medals!! And congrats on his 5th grade graduation!! Nick's 6th grade graduation is tomorrow. I can't believe how fast time goes.

for Zack's "most enthusiastic award'!! So cute!!

Old 06-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #187
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Amy, sorry I missed the last "family update" (my MIL is very ill and things have been crazy). Love the photos of the boys and at the ballpark (and congrats on the "elopement" of your brother).
I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL Kathy! I'll definitely keep her & your family in my thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great pictures!!

Yay for Alex winning 4 gold medals!! And congrats on his 5th grade graduation!! Nick's 6th grade graduation is tomorrow. I can't believe how fast time goes.

for Zack's "most enthusiastic award'!! So cute!!
Thanks Angie! Time definitely flies by... I can't believe how quickly Alex's elementary school years went by!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:16 PM   #188
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Animals & Hoop-Dee-Doo Day

Before we move on with Day 5, I want to go back to our swim time after we checked in at Vistana Villages. I pretty much just copied & pasted the post I wrote for the Vistana Villages thread and therefore left out a very important part (that nobody on that thread would have cared about).

After we checked in, we were looking down at the pool from our villa and spotted Heidi & her family! I texted her to see how much longer they would be there, then we headed down to meet up with them. It was fun to see them again & hang out for a little bit. I believe I also made my first purchase at the pool bar after spotting Heidi's yummy looking drink.

Zach didn't have any pictures for Day 3 or Day 4 so that's why I haven't posted any of his updates recently... but don't worry, the camera came back out on Day 5 (which is a good thing since my memory stick filled up part way through the day).

On to Day 5, Monday, April 23.

After a good nightís sleep, we were headed to Animal Kingdom! It was actually a little chilly out this morning but the sun was shining (we didnít see any more rain at this point). We didnít quite make rope drop and we paid the price in the parking lot! It was crowded driving in. It was actually EMH prior to our arrival. I always try to avoid EMHs, especially when staying off-site but with our evening plans for the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, we had less park time this morning so AK fit. After parking, we made our way into the park.

I made everyone stop for a few Photopass Pictures:

Next we made our way to the safari. It was about 9:30.

Look at that tongue!

continued...
Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #189
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Continued...

A lion back:

After the safari, we headed toward EE. It was crowded!

We ran into DiVine on our way!

I took pictures on Expedition Everest this time! I love the view from up here:

According to Mickey it was now 10:40:

According to my receipt, we bought some stuff in the EE store at 10:34, before I took a picture of my watch.
Tim & I each got a new t-shirt (which I canít find pictures of right now & am too lazy to go take new ones) and I bought a drink for each of the boys.

I had wanted to walk the Maharajah Jungle Trek for a while now and today was finally the day!

Heís way off in the distance:

Then my memory card was fullÖ so I stole Zachís camera from him! Next Iíll post Zachís photo tour, which will include the rest of the pictures I took at AK that day.

Continued...
Old 06-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #193
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

I'm going to finish up the AK portion of this day & save the HDDR for the next update... I had more pictures than I thought.

After the Jungle Trek, we decided to get an early lunch. We like to stop at Yak & Yeti for Tim to grab some lunch, then we head to Flame Tree for the rest of us. I took the boys with me & we left Tim to get his food, then find us a table. This is one of our favorite CS meals at all of Disney!

After lunch we headed to Dinoland.

We went straight to Dinosaur and rode twice.

Zach was studying dinosaurs at school & wanted these pictures to share with his class.

Then it was time for my least favorite ride, Primeval Whirl.

Luckily my neck survived because next up was another visit with the Yeti! I guess I put the camera away before we got on Primeval Whirl because there aren't any more pictures on Zach's camera for that day.

Our traditional last ride at AK is Kali River Rapids. We like to leave after getting all wet! However it was chilly today, so we opted to skip it and save it for later in the week when the weather looked like it would be warmer.

Up next: Chillin' at the resort & dinner at HDDR.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #194
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Great AK day ! It's my favorite park.

My son, Jayden loves the giraffes and we always seem to have a ton of giraffe pics.

Looking forward to your next update !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 06-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #195
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Very often, you can only see sleeping tigers on the trail. I'm glad you got to see some action.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: