Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #166
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Day 4 - New Resort

Living room & dining room:

Master Bedroom:

View from master bedroom:

Master bathroom (there were two smaller sink areas - one between the tub & toilet area (with my junk on it) and the other between the closet & the shower (that DH used)):

Toilet was behind pocket door:

Closet on left, door back to master bedroom on right:

I have more pictures from around the pool & resort that I post when I get to them. I'll also post a review a little later. Please ask if you have any questions in the meantime.

After swimming and getting settled in, Tim went out to find dinner. He got McDonald’s for the boys & Panera for us. Zach was in bed by 8:00 and Alex followed around 8:30. I did some laundry & prepared for the morning before we headed to bed early ourselves.

Up next: Animal Kingdom & Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Old 06-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #167
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Amy, sorry you didn't get in the same building with your friends, but it looks great -- from the pool to the villa. Beautiful and spacious.
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #168
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Sorry about your other bump

WOW!!! on the resort. LOVE everything about it. Sorry you weren't in the same building as Heidi and fam, but at least you were in the same section. The pool looks like a lot of fun, the rooms look spacious.

Can't wait to read more
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 06-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #169
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

You are right about that... you don't notice it when it's good but you can't miss it when it's bad!
I also just reread your post about it, in regards to the holes in the screen and line that is actully how an imax screen is constructed due to it's size (about 10 stories high) and also some of the speakers are hidden behind the screen so the holes need to be in it so the sound can be herd.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 06-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #170
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Wow the new resort looks really nice. The pool area looks like a lot of fun.

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
Old 06-11-2012, 06:42 AM   #171
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Ouch to the head bumping!

I am quite jealous of all that space in your villa, especially that kitchen! I really think I (and the rest of the family) have outgrown the normal hotel rooms at Disney. The pool looks like a lot of fun, too!
Old 06-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #172
MeMom
DIS Veteran

It would certainly be nice to have all of that room and the nice balcony. We're not ready to start staying off-site yet, but I am not ruling it out for future trips, as the family grows. A house with a private pool would be really nice for me, so I could actually swim. We've stayed a few first nights off-site before when we've added an extra day.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 06-11-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #173
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Beautiful resort! I'm glad check-in was smooth.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #174
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Wow! Your resort looks amazing Amy! We have been talking about maybe staying off-site on our next trip. It would be so nice to have all that extra room!!!

Old 06-13-2012, 06:59 PM   #176
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Wow beautiful resort!!
You can tell it's newer than SVR.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 06-15-2012, 03:53 PM   #177
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Amy, sorry you didn't get in the same building with your friends, but it looks great -- from the pool to the villa. Beautiful and spacious.
We were really happy to be in the same section as Heidi - it wasn't a big deal at all to not be in the same building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Sorry about your other bump

WOW!!! on the resort. LOVE everything about it. Sorry you weren't in the same building as Heidi and fam, but at least you were in the same section. The pool looks like a lot of fun, the rooms look spacious.

Can't wait to read more
The resort was really nice! I think it's at the top of our list for our next visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
I also just reread your post about it, in regards to the holes in the screen and line that is actully how an imax screen is constructed due to it's size (about 10 stories high) and also some of the speakers are hidden behind the screen so the holes need to be in it so the sound can be herd.
Thanks for the info! I guess I just didn't notice those lines & holes until one of our more recent trips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCP96 View Post
Wow the new resort looks really nice. The pool area looks like a lot of fun.
The pool was GREAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Ouch to the head bumping!

I am quite jealous of all that space in your villa, especially that kitchen! I really think I (and the rest of the family) have outgrown the normal hotel rooms at Disney. The pool looks like a lot of fun, too!
If you don't mind driving to/from the parks, staying off-site really doesn't take longer than using buses. The only issue you might have is if you split up & one or two of you want to go back to the hotel but the others want to stay in the park. Otherwise - the extra space is well worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It would certainly be nice to have all of that room and the nice balcony. We're not ready to start staying off-site yet, but I am not ruling it out for future trips, as the family grows. A house with a private pool would be really nice for me, so I could actually swim. We've stayed a few first nights off-site before when we've added an extra day.
I can see you & your gang in a private house! You definitely don't feel as immersed in the magic when you stay off-site but the space is worth it for us... especially if we do a partial on-site/partial off-site trip like this one was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Beautiful resort! I'm glad check-in was smooth.
Thanks! I finally felt settled once we got checked in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Wow! Your resort looks amazing Amy! We have been talking about maybe staying off-site on our next trip. It would be so nice to have all that extra room!!!
Off-site would be a great choice for your family too! Sheraton Vistana Resort or Vistana Villages are both good choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Love all that space, it looks like a lovely resort! Bummer on the head bump though, OW!
I couldn't believe I smacked my head on EE! The resort was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Wow beautiful resort!!
You can tell it's newer than SVR.
We were in the newest section too. Based on the pictures of the other sections (which have been refurbed), St. Augustine is the nicest.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #178
cinderella crazy
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness! I have no idea how I haven't seen your TR till now! Going back to catch up...
Old 06-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #179
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

This & That

Before I move on to the next update... hopefully early next week... I thought I'd fill you in on what's been keeping us so busy.

The kids had their last day of school yesterday so we're enjoying our first day of vacation today. It's nice to finally have some time at home!

We've been very busy with baseball, which finally comes to a close tomorrow.

There are always baseball games too! A few weeks ago we went to a Red Sox game at Fenway park and last weekend we went to a Portland Sea Dogs game:

Funny side story for those of you who have followed my previous TRs & know our extended family a little bit... While we were at the game, DBIL (Jeff) texted that he wanted to talk to Zach. We called him up & let Zach talk. When Zach hung up, apparently Jeff had too because he wasn't on the line when Zach handed us the phone. So we asked him what Jeff said. He said it wasn't Jeff, it was Karen and she had called for nothing. Then after some probing, he says that she said something about being married. Moments later we got a text from Jeff & Karen, with their wedding photo! They had eloped in New Orleans earlier that day! It's all good, but was a big surprise!

Alex has also had a couple swim meets, including the Special Olympics state games a couple weeks ago. He won four gold medals.

Alex has been on the Special Olympics team for about 5 years. He also joined the local swim club (which is run by the same coach) this year. The swim meets will continue all summer for him, with a meet this weekend that has us as a pool 30 minutes away at 7am tomorrow and 6:30am Sunday.

We've had a bunch of school activities in the past couple weeks too, starting with field day:

That's Alex out in a kayak with one of the lifeguards. It's hard to find pictures of field day without a bunch of other kids in them!

We also had Alex's band concert last week:

He did "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" as a solo!

Last weekend we got to visit with Heidi & her family up at their house, which is about an hour & fifteen minutes away (if you don't get lost).

They also had a big bounchy house set up from Liam's birthday party the day before!

This week, we (luckily Tim was working from home that day) attended the Young Author's Tea in Zach's 2nd grade class. The teacher also presented each child with an award. Zach got the "Most Enthusiastic" student.

Tuesday night we attended Alex's 5th Grade Celebration (graduation).

It was a really fun night & we got to enjoy a slideshow/video with pictures of all the kids from kindergarten on. One of the other moms spent almost the whole school year putting it together.

And finally, on their last day of school, the boys had a talent show yesterday afternoon. Alex played his trumpet solo (and it was his first time participting in the talent show). Zach did a karate sword form. Sorry haven't downloaded the pictures from my camera yet...

And with that, I have a third grader & a middle schooler!

Last edited by DisMomAmy; 06-30-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: