Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #151
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Such pretty pictures of the Beach Club area.

Teppan Edo - so good!

I love that Alex bought Zach a gift.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:34 PM   #152
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

WOW!!! Great update, you got a lot done so far this day.

Love all your pictures, you really captured each country. So sweet of Alex to buy Zach a gift. Love your meal, Jack liked looking at the pictures, and can't wait to eat there in Sept.

Glad Zach was able to ride Sum of all Thrills.

Your pictures of Beach Club are great, can't wait to see if you got a room near Heidi.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #153
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Loving your TR so far, but I'm just wondering why you think that Soar'n needs an update? If it's a problem with the film they can easily just change that out as it is just a loop of IMAX film which is the largest film format used today. If you are waiting for it to be done in digital don't hold your breath on that one as it's not very likely as right now the only projector that IMAX is happy with the overall quality of for a digital projection of IMAX film is made by Kodak and is fairly expensive right now and not likely to be put into a theme park attraction any time soon.

The main reason for this is because of the overall size of an IMAX film and the screen everything is magnified and the bulb is so bright that you could see it from the moon. Also with film they are able to show colors as they are in real life where as current digital technology tends to no show black and darker colors well as film does.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 06-04-2012, 11:31 AM   #154
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

You did get a lot done on that day.

Ah I just love walking thru the IG in the morning. Another reason I love staying at BC.

Great job to Alex for 4 medals!!!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #155
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Wow, mega update! You got a lot done at Epcot that morning.

So, did they let you in the IG right at 9:00 a.m. or before? When we were there for EMH, they didn't let us in until right at 8:00 a.m. It was frustrating as we wasted a lot of the EMH walking to the front of the park (I don't run!!! like most everyone else was). I really expected there to be a rope that would let us go so far and then wait, kind of like what they do at the front of the park.

Trust me, even if the kids could have pedaled it wouldn't have helped on that surrey bike!!! Jeremy was up front the first time around and on the back the second time and it didn't make a difference either time. Based on your story, I think it must be a yelling match for the spouses as I was accused of not pedaling either! Hate that it happened to you but I am glad it just wasn't me.

Anxious to see if your request comes through.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #156
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Wow! Great updates....so much accomplished on moving day!

So glad to see the sun came out for you!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #157
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

great update.
You did accomplish a lot.
I love love love!!! walking through IG early in the morning. It's great to get pics with no other people in them.
How long does a KP mission take?
Can't wait to hear about Vistana.
We liked SVR.
Teppan Edo is delish
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 06-05-2012, 08:40 AM   #158
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Zach's pictures turned out great!! I'm thinking about having Noah do the same on our trip. He loves to take pictures and did a great job when we were at the lake last year. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Aww..that's too bad about Cape May. We have been wanting to see Chimpanzee! Glad you enjoyed it!

Wow! Love your Epcot update! We can't wait to ride Sum of All Thrills for the fist time! I'm glad Zach was able to ride after all!

Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 AM   #159
Chicago Mo
DIS Veteran

Was reading "mom2k" TR and she posted this..
I thought you would enjoy this as well....

http://www.shmoolok.com/Blog/tabid/6...ospective.aspx

Old 06-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #160
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, that surrey bike -- I can promise you that we will not be doing that!

Your New York trip sounds like lots of fun! I am sure you are looking forward to it.

Your Epcot day sounds just about perfect -- so glad everyone was able to go upside down on Sum of All Thrills.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #161
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Joining in !

Great TR so far ! I love all the pics and Zach is doing a great job on his as well. I let my boys take pics during Kilimanjaro and they loved it. I think I"ll get a new camera for myself and let the boys use my old one for next trip.

Looking forward to reading more !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 06-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #162
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
WOW....massive update.

I love the pictures of World Showcase from the International Gateway entrance (so nice to get pictures without a million people in them).

Sounds like a very productive and fun day at Epcot.

That was sweet of Alex to buy Zach a gift.

Teppan Edo is always on my mind, but we do hibachi with Nicki and Todd in Naples so we always end up skipping it. But it does look yummy.

Love your departure pictures of the Beach Club (the one resort I still want to try).

Keeping fingers crossed that you get the section you requested at Vistana Villages.
I love entering Epcot through the WS! It really is such a nice walk.

I bet you would LOVE staying at the BC!

I'll have an update on our second home away from home soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Such pretty pictures of the Beach Club area.

Teppan Edo - so good!

I love that Alex bought Zach a gift.
I wasn't there when Alex bought the gift for Zach so I'm not sure how the whole thing went down, but it was very nice of him!

Teppan Edo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
WOW!!! Great update, you got a lot done so far this day.

Love all your pictures, you really captured each country. So sweet of Alex to buy Zach a gift. Love your meal, Jack liked looking at the pictures, and can't wait to eat there in Sept.

Glad Zach was able to ride Sum of all Thrills.

Your pictures of Beach Club are great, can't wait to see if you got a room near Heidi.
I think you guys will really enjoy Teppan Edo! It's such a fun restaurant.

I'm REALLY glad Zach got to ride SoAT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Loving your TR so far, but I'm just wondering why you think that Soar'n needs an update? If it's a problem with the film they can easily just change that out as it is just a loop of IMAX film which is the largest film format used today. If you are waiting for it to be done in digital don't hold your breath on that one as it's not very likely as right now the only projector that IMAX is happy with the overall quality of for a digital projection of IMAX film is made by Kodak and is fairly expensive right now and not likely to be put into a theme park attraction any time soon.

The main reason for this is because of the overall size of an IMAX film and the screen everything is magnified and the bulb is so bright that you could see it from the moon. Also with film they are able to show colors as they are in real life where as current digital technology tends to no show black and darker colors well as film does.
I'm not sure what's wrong with Soarin'. The film looks old & dirty. You can see all the lines of the screen & lots of pieces of junk (what looks like dust on the film). I would have thought it would be easy to change out the film so I don't understand why they haven't done it. I have no idea about the technology so I wasn't holding out for digital. All I know is it doesn't look very good right now. (And hasn't for about the past three trips.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
You did get a lot done on that day.

Ah I just love walking thru the IG in the morning. Another reason I love staying at BC.

Great job to Alex for 4 medals!!!
We did get a lot done. I wasn't sure how it would work out with it being our moving day but I was happy with what we got accomplished.

Thanks about Alex! We are so proud of him!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Wow, mega update! You got a lot done at Epcot that morning.

So, did they let you in the IG right at 9:00 a.m. or before? When we were there for EMH, they didn't let us in until right at 8:00 a.m. It was frustrating as we wasted a lot of the EMH walking to the front of the park (I don't run!!! like most everyone else was). I really expected there to be a rope that would let us go so far and then wait, kind of like what they do at the front of the park.

Trust me, even if the kids could have pedaled it wouldn't have helped on that surrey bike!!! Jeremy was up front the first time around and on the back the second time and it didn't make a difference either time. Based on your story, I think it must be a yelling match for the spouses as I was accused of not pedaling either! Hate that it happened to you but I am glad it just wasn't me.

Anxious to see if your request comes through.
So funny that your surrey bike story is very similar to mine! We won't be doing that again any time soon!

I think they would have been letting people into the IG before 9am but they were having trouble with the turnstiles when we got there. They finally got one working & we all went through there.
Old 06-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #163
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

I'm not sure what's wrong with Soarin'. The film looks old & dirty. You can see all the lines of the screen & lots of pieces of junk (what looks like dust on the film). I would have thought it would be easy to change out the film so I don't understand why they haven't done it. I have no idea about the technology so I wasn't holding out for digital. All I know is it doesn't look very good right now. (And hasn't for about the past three trips.)

From what I gather from the Wikipedia article on IMAX which is what the Sorin' film is it runs through the projector at 48 frames per second (normal speed is 24). They try to keep the film and the projector as clean as possible but sometimes it seams to pick up more dirt and dust as time goes buy. I believe they do change the film out often as because of the speed of the film there is some increased wear and tear on it. I think it just comes down to whenever it's bad we notice it more then when it's good, which is when you don't notice it.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 06-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #164
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Life keeps getting in the way of my DIS time! We're down to four days of school and two more baseball games, then hopefully things will settle down! Tuesday night is Alex's 5th Grade Celebration! I can't believe they will be a 3rd grader & a 6th grader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Wow! Great updates....so much

accomplished on moving day!

So glad to see the sun came out for you!
The sun was a very welcome sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
great update.
You did accomplish a lot.
I love love love!!! walking through IG early in the morning. It's great to get pics with no other people in them.
How long does a KP mission take?
Can't wait to hear about Vistana.
We liked SVR.
Teppan Edo is delish
There's no better way to enter Epcot than the IG!!!
Most of the Kim Possible missions take 20-30 minutes. The Mexico mission felt on the shorter end & the Norway mission seemed longer.
Glad to hear you liked SVR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Zach's pictures turned out great!! I'm thinking about having Noah do the same on our trip. He loves to take pictures and did a great job when we were at the lake last year. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Aww..that's too bad about Cape May. We have been wanting to see Chimpanzee! Glad you enjoyed it!

Wow! Love your Epcot update! We can't wait to ride Sum of All Thrills for the fist time! I'm glad Zach was able to ride after all!
The camera really kept Zach busy - it was a great distraction, especially when we had to wait. And it's really cool to look at his pictures.

Sum of All Thrills is very fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
Was reading "mom2k" TR and she posted this..
I thought you would enjoy this as well....

http://www.shmoolok.com/Blog/tabid/6...ospective.aspx
Thanks for sharing! I took a peak and read that blog post but want to go back and read more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Oh, that surrey bike -- I can promise you that we will not be doing that!

Your New York trip sounds like lots of fun! I am sure you are looking forward to it.

Your Epcot day sounds just about perfect -- so glad everyone was able to go upside down on Sum of All Thrills.
Oh Jackie... I highly recommend skipping the surrey bikes!

I can't wait to take the boys to NY!!

It was a huge relief that the CM remeasured Zach & let him go upside down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Joining in !

Great TR so far ! I love all the pics and Zach is doing a great job on his as well. I let my boys take pics during Kilimanjaro and they loved it. I think I"ll get a new camera for myself and let the boys use my old one for next trip.

Looking forward to reading more !
Thanks for reading!
I'm thinking of letting Alex use my old camera then both boys can take pictures... I'm just not sure Alex will be into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
From what I gather from the Wikipedia article on IMAX which is what the Sorin' film is it runs through the projector at 48 frames per second (normal speed is 24). They try to keep the film and the projector as clean as possible but sometimes it seams to pick up more dirt and dust as time goes buy. I believe they do change the film out often as because of the speed of the film there is some increased wear and tear on it. I think it just comes down to whenever it's bad we notice it more then when it's good, which is when you don't notice it.
You are right about that... you don't notice it when it's good but you can't miss it when it's bad!
Old 06-10-2012, 08:02 PM   #165
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Day 4 - New Resort

Before I post this next update, I remembered one more bump I got on this trip. On our last day at AK, when riding EE, somehow I managed to smack my head on the bar between the two headrests! Can you believe it? We're always telling the kids to keep their heads back and what do I do? Life my head up & smack it on the bar! Ouch!

Moving on... literally! We arrived at Vistana Villages in no time & I went in alone to check-in. The first thing I noticed was NO LINE! The line was huge at Vistana Resort and the Diamond Lane check in was really worth it. This time, it really made no different in the wait time. When I stepped up to the desk, the first thing I said, after my name, was that we had friends in St. Augustine 23 & really wanted to be close to them. She said that unfortunately they didn’t have anything in that building but we were in 26, which was also in St. Augustine! The resort was much smaller than Vistana Resort but since it was new for us, we followed the map to the parking lot near our building. There was construction going on behind our section but it never bothered us. Our other request had also been granted, top floor! Although I’m not sure we needed the top floor in a six story building! We spent a fair amount of time waiting on elevators – which were much slower than at the BC!

Our villa was fantastic! There was one little stain on the carpet but otherwise it was in perfect condition. We walked around barefoot quite a bit & never had dirty feet, so the stain was truly a stain & not just a dirty carpet.

The first pictures I took were from the pool because that’s the first place we headed after unloading our stuff into the villa.
Our building… we were the third screened porch on the top:

The slide, which emptied into its own little pool:

The little kid play area, which even at 8 & 11, the boys enjoyed:

I headed back upstairs before everyone else so I could disinfect & take some pictures:
Kitchen:

Laundry room off kitchen (it had a pocket door that you could close if it was too loud, there was also an iron and ironing board in there):

Second bedroom:

View into bathroom from 2nd bedroom:

Second bathroom:

Balcony (the door is just where the water heater is, not connected to another villa):

View from balcony (sorry picture is bad because camera kept focusing on the screen):

Continued...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: