Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
hugApug
The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful-e.e. cummings

Question Need Ideas- Beach trip near DL?

We're going to be at DL for my birthday next month , with our dog in tow. We're planning to do one dog-friendly beach trip within close proximity to Disneyland. Any suggestions?

We're considering either Newport Beach, Balboa Island, or Huntington Beach. We'd actually prefer to find a non-off-leash beach, as our pug does not do well off leash(runs straight to the ocean and can't swim well). I appreciate any ideas!

Thanks

hugApug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #2
hugApug

56 views, but no response...Am I out of luck?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Check out Dog Beach in Huntington Beach, north of the pier. I have animal-loving friends there that love it.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Oops, I didn't read your post as carefully. Dog Beach IS an off-leash beach. I don't believe HB's other beaches allow dogs (because they have Dog Beach set aside). Would your pug be OK on a leash if other dogs are off-leash?

I did find another article; looks like some local beaches allow dogs during off-season or off-hours.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #5
Lisa71
Adoption Rocks!

Huntington's dog beach is great...very nice and not too far. Your dog will love it. There are also lots of dog parks near DL for your pooch to play in. He can stay on leash if you want..but people will ask. Have fun!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
hugApug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa71 View Post
Huntington's dog beach is great...very nice and not too far. Your dog will love it. There are also lots of dog parks near DL for your pooch to play in. He can stay on leash if you want..but people will ask. Have fun!
Thanks! We will probably check it out. Wish we could let her off leash, but I have the image of her tiny head in a big wave burned in my mind(when she was a year old). She wishes she was a big, strong dog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Check out Dog Beach in Huntington Beach, north of the pier. I have animal-loving friends there that love it.
PHXscuba
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXscuba View Post
Oops, I didn't read your post as carefully. Dog Beach IS an off-leash beach. I don't believe HB's other beaches allow dogs (because they have Dog Beach set aside). Would your pug be OK on a leash if other dogs are off-leash?

I did find another article; looks like some local beaches allow dogs during off-season or off-hours.

PHXscuba
Thanks for the link! We definitely want to abide by all of the rules, so this is helpful!

Old 05-30-2012, 05:13 AM   #7
rtfelt
Disneyland AP

Just keep in mind that in June the beaches in SCA can actually be quite cool. We have the June Gloom marine layer and the beaches can get socked in. Bring a jacket.

Rose
rtfelt is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: