Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #46
HippoHappy
Earning My Ears

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you and your family! I can't wait to read more about your adventures!
HippoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:16 PM   #47
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

OMG HOW COOL... ok well now I know who beat me on that game LOL its ok no hard feelings! You've never been on a disney cruise so im OK with letting you have my winning ticket LMAO cant wait to hear all about it!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #48
barbbarnes
Earning My Ears

Congratulations for winning the grand prize! I play everyday and your right the game is alot of fun but reading your ptr is just as fun because it makes it all real! I'm so excited for you!
barbbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #49
ProudMommyof2
DIS Veteran

Hey-
They mentioned you on the Disney Cruise Line Facebook page today!

1986 Disneyland, 1988 Disneyland, August 1991- WDW Offsite, May 1997- WDW Offsite, May 2007- Wilderness Lodge, May 2009- BCV & AKV, August 2011- Poly & AKV, April 2013- WBC- Universal & WDW, July 2013 Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort, April 2014- Yacht Club

ProudMommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:37 AM   #50
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

Just noticed on the Disney Cruise FB page they have you listed as the winner of this trip!
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #51
ksloane
DIS Veteran

How awesome. I play that game every day that I remember and get online at home....so glad to actually "know" someone that won.

We are doing the same itinerary in June......

Loving your updates!
WDW: July 2006 - POR; December 2007 - POP; August 2008 - POP; June 2010 - ASMovies & POP; November 2010 - Global Resort Home; June 2011 - POP; October 2012 - ASMusic; June 2013 - CBR & AoA; October 2014 - Pop
DCL: June 2010 - Wonder; June 2012 - B2B Magic; December 2013/January 2014 - B2B Wonder; March 2014 - Dream; August 2015 - Wonder
ksloane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #52
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDuck1 View Post
Congrats on winning the cruise!! Enjoy and relax!! AquaDuck1
Thank you! Relax? LOL, I'm way too excited! But I'll try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkim View Post
Congratulations! that is so exciting for you and your family. Keep the PTR coming x
Thank you for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobellybutton View Post
Congratulations! Reading your posts I feel like I'm vicariously living your excitement!
Thanks! I'm hoping to describe it real as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
So cool! It is really great that you do not have wait long for you trip!
Would you believe the first date they offered was June 2? Unfortunately we have something during that week that we couldn't miss. Plus we weren't sure about getting passports in that quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladypirate View Post
Congrats on everything - need to subscribe to this because i am so excited i can't wait to read more. We've done the Wonder twice and you'll love the Magic!

Can someone send me a link to the game? we are going on the Fantasy in July so you never know...Disney gift cards to win? I'm trying!
Thanks for joining! Here is the link: www.disneycruiseadventure.com

[QUOTE=Skyw;44852184]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyor44 View Post
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Passports! We need passports!

We have the applications fill out but the office in our town is only open 10-2 Mon-Fri.

Hey we just did the drill today!!! I did take my son out of school but it was at lunch and recess and they didn't count it as a day out!!! Our hours were 10 to 3. Nice, huh for families.
Really! I often wonder at offices that don't have later hours at least once a week for people who work and have kids in school. But we found a place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magrudersmakes3 View Post
Congratulations!! You will have an amazing time.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnix29 View Post
Awesome for the special delivery today! Wouldn't it be awesome if it was in ADDITION to your onboard credit?! Can't wait to hear more about it!
Guess what? I asked about the cards and they are an addition. She said "just a little something extra." We also get the onboard credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herb102211 View Post
Congrats!!!! Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise. Can't wait to read your TR!
Thanks! I hope I can do the experience justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoHappy View Post
Congratulations!! I am so excited for you and your family! I can't wait to read more about your adventures!
Thanks! Thanks for joining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
OMG HOW COOL... ok well now I know who beat me on that game LOL its ok no hard feelings! You've never been on a disney cruise so im OK with letting you have my winning ticket LMAO cant wait to hear all about it!
Thank you for graciously allowing me to win. And no, never been on a Disney cruise. But, I think I am already hooked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbbarnes View Post
Congratulations for winning the grand prize! I play everyday and your right the game is alot of fun but reading your ptr is just as fun because it makes it all real! I'm so excited for you!
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudMommyof2 View Post
Hey-
They mentioned you on the Disney Cruise Line Facebook page today!
I know! How exciting is that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnix29 View Post
Just noticed on the Disney Cruise FB page they have you listed as the winner of this trip!
Yes, another scream when I saw it. And I was at work. But they are just as excited as I am (well, almost).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksloane View Post
How awesome. I play that game every day that I remember and get online at home....so glad to actually "know" someone that won.

We are doing the same itinerary in June......

Loving your updates!
Are you doing a trip report? Would love to read along. I am learning so much from everyone here.
eyor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #53
eyor44
DIS Veteran

Passports, passports, we still need passports.

We had pictures taken at CVS the night before but couldn't get them printed. I expected to pick them up on my way to get the kids from school. About 10:00am I received a call from my Mother (Gram) that CVS had called and I needed to call them right away. Bad news. They could only print DH's picture. Major bummer! But, one was better than none. I really wanted them there as they are half the price than what it would cost at the post office and I had coupons.

I left work at 1:30pm, stopped by CVS for DH's picture, stopped at the quick stop for drinks and snacks and then on to DS' school. I was 5 minutes early. I normally late and rushing. I had sent a note with him to give the office and when I walked in they had his schedule pulled and called for him right away. He came and we were off to DD's school. We actually had time to wait there and were able to chat with friends for a few minutes. The office must have heard that a newly famous parent was there to pick up their child because they actually let out a couple minutes early. While we were waiting for DD's class, a couple boys walked by and we heard the staged whisper, "He's on the swim team. Cool!" DS had his swim team shirt on. He just grinned. DD's class came and we were off.

Here is where I did something I usually preach againist. Traffic at DD's school is real bad in the afternoons and I really question the logic to moving cars out of the parking lot. Never quite makes sense. Some parents park at the back of the parking lot and then go out the entrance. 99% of the time I am very big on following rules. Today was the 1%. I went out the entrance. While getting a lecture from DS. But I was on a mission and 10 minutes to leave the proper way just wasn't going to work. Time was precious. Please don't flame.

On the interstate, I had DS call DH to make sure he left his office on time. He actually left a few minutes early and I requested if he was ahead of us to get in line. The post office I chose was easy to get to and traffic was thankfully light. We arrived and DH was already there, but not in line. This post office had a seperate line for passports and no one was there. Finally a real nice lady came to help us. Glad she was nice because DH had filled out the kids applications and left a couple things off of DS'. Height and weight are important on these forms. I measured DS and he is now 5' 11". I didn't realize he was that tall! We were ask all of the questions about being criminals, nope we aren't and then we were allowed to the back room for pictures. Right before we went back, DH said "Look behind you". There were 10 people in line behind us. Oh my, that poor lady. We had pictures done without a hitch, forms all signed, birth certificates handed over and I'm $550 poorer. But in 3-4 weeks, we should have passports in hand and then WE CAN CRUISE!
eyor44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #54
scrapbookmomma74
We love DCL!!!

We have cruised on the Magic 3 times...LOVE it! Be sure to check out the "secret sun deck"...Deck 7 all the way aft...nice when its a little too windy up on the pool deck.
Be sure to go to your cruise meet board and get to know some fellow cruisers! The Magic is small enough that you will encounter the same people OFTEN!
You are going to have a BLAST! Congrats!
A lifetime of memories at the "World"! 1974, 1975, 1983, 1993, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, DCL Magic 2010, DCL Magic 2011, DCL Dream 2011, DCL Magic 2012, DCL Fantasy 2012, DCL Dream 2012, DVC Member Cruise Dream 2013, DL Resort Summer 2013, DCL Fantasy 2013, DCL Magic 2014
[/url][url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
scrapbookmomma74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:41 AM   #55
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

so great that the gift cards were just a surprise perk!!! We are headed to the post office for passports tomorrow for our August cruise. We had our pictures done at Costco for $5 a person! Glad that is all taken care of for you. I love reading your updates, and I'm so glad you are doing a PTR, and that you won! So happy for you. Glad all the coupon sharing karma has come back to you.
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #56
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyor44 View Post
Passports, passports, we still need passports.

We had pictures taken at CVS the night before but couldn't get them printed. I expected to pick them up on my way to get the kids from school. About 10:00am I received a call from my Mother (Gram) that CVS had called and I needed to call them right away. Bad news. They could only print DH's picture. Major bummer! But, one was better than none. I really wanted them there as they are half the price than what it would cost at the post office and I had coupons.
aww man that sucks but glad you saved a lil money for the 1 they did

Here is where I did something I usually preach againist. Traffic at DD's school is real bad in the afternoons and I really question the logic to moving cars out of the parking lot. Never quite makes sense. Some parents park at the back of the parking lot and then go out the entrance. 99% of the time I am very big on following rules. Today was the 1%. I went out the entrance. While getting a lecture from DS. But I was on a mission and 10 minutes to leave the proper way just wasn't going to work. Time was precious. Please don't flame.
no flame here.. this was ubber important lol I would have done the same thing. In fact I have done something similar for a vacation type thing people need to know not to get in the way of my vacation time

On the interstate, I had DS call DH to make sure he left his office on time. He actually left a few minutes early and I requested if he was ahead of us to get in line. We arrived and DH was already there, but not in line.
oh he sounds like mine, gives the what im here.. but not in line so they cant officially help men there great LMAO

Height and weight are important on these forms. I measured DS and he is now 5' 11".
tall boy.. i have shrimps in my family LOL

But in 3-4 weeks, we should have passports in hand and then WE CAN CRUISE!
WOOHOOO!!!!!!! and now with passports you can rest asured
Old 05-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #57
poohbear luvs grumpy
Mouseketeer

Your excitement is contagious. You really seem like the type of person that deserves this trip. Keep it up. You are helping me be okay with the fact that I can't sail again until 2015. I may speak for others also but I am living through you right now so enjoy it as much as you can so all of us can! But hey no pressure.
poohbear luvs grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #58
Jillpie
Can you package some Main St. music and send it to me?

Fantastic news, you will LOVE the Magic! You will be posting lots of pictures in your post report, yes? I love detailed Disers, so much the better!!
Old 05-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #59
Ready to go
Mouseketeer

I am so happy for you but....so jealous LOL. We went on the Wonder last year (our first cruise) and I have to say I am hooked. A cruise vacation is so different from the parks in a completely relaxing way. I really hope you enjoy it and I am thrilled for you!!!! When we went on our cuise last year I was a nut on getting information-you might want to try getting the Passporter's Ninth Edition on the Cruiseline. It was invaluable and really built up the excitement!!!!
Ready to go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #60
cheryllarsen
Mouseketeer

OMG how exciting. Maybe it is worth it to sign up for some of these things!
cheryllarsen is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: