Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #1
KatieKat
Mouseketeer

Beach Club club level review (longish) New pictures added!

Just back from BC, we were there the week after spring break and it was an absolute blast! it was an adults only vacation, left the kiddo at home with the grandparents. Stayed club level, in a standard room with a king bed. I'm just going to throw some random thoughts about our stay, so enjoy!

The check in process and our room---
Room was ready at 10:00 when we go there. They whisked us right up to the 5th floor and got us checked into our room super fast. The bellman took us to our room, which was only one of 3 king bed rooms in our room category. They stick the king beds in the weird shaped rooms on the corners which was fine with us! Our room was hugggge and had two balconies. One faced the bus stop and one faced the air conditioners. They were standing room only, but we weren't picky about that. Our room was the absolute furthest room away, at the end of two long hallways. But you don't come to Disney World not expecting to walk, so again we didn't mind about that. Housekeeping was amazing, as was turndown service. They even gave us towel service and made up our bed again when they came at night!

The lounge/food---
As everyone always says about BC, the lounge was very small. The balcony sucked and it was standing room only as well. But those were the only bad things I could say about it! We always could get a table, even when we went every morning at the worst time. There was a small line to get breakfast and the 5:00 apps, but it would only take a few minutes for our turn. If you wait till 5:30, the people clear out. If you wait till 6:00, there was absolutely no one at all.
Breakfast had pastries, croissants, fruit, oatmeal, and hard boiled eggs. Snacks were the Disney chips that are everywhere and a red pepper dip, yogurt covered pretzels, swedish fish, and this trail mix that had coconut in it so I didn't eat that at all . Yuck!
The appetizers that were there every night was veggies and dip, cheese and crackers, pb&j and rolls, and caramel and apples, and two cold appetizers. Once they had a tomato soup type thing but it tasted like salsa and I didn't care for it.The hot stuff changed everyday but while we were there we had potstickers, chicken and a really good cucumber dip, shaved beef, and spring rolls. One night they also had these non alcoholic watermelon shooter drinks that were SO GOOD! I must have had like three of them.
We only had dessert one night but they had those fantastic oreo bonbons that I had quite a few of them!

The CM's---
Were pretty good. Not amazing, but not bad. The morning CM's seemed to just be there and not want to converse with anyone. There was one guy there named Chip who took really good care of us at night. Got whatever we wanted for us that they didn't have out. Talked to everyone, made us comfortable. Made jokes that kept everyone's spirits up during the 5:00 rainstorms that hit every night. There was also another man that I didn't catch his name, but the day we were leaving we were talking about how we should go down to the car and get our phone charger which was already all packed up but neither of us felt like going. He overheard us and came up and offered us several phone chargers to borrow. Very nice!

The resort as a whole---
We pretty much have the same review as everyone else for the rest of the resort. The lobby was always to packed to explore because of everyone waiting for Cape May Cafe. We ate there one night and it was very good. However, this was the first time we have been there without the dining plan and agreed that it was to much money for what we ate especially with us staying club level and getting apps beforehand. Pool was amazing! Walk to epcot was nice and only 5 minutes.

And that's about it! Any questions, go ahead and ask!

Pop Century (twice!) Port Orleans Riverside (twice!) Saratoga Springs All Star Sports Beach Club Swan
Treehouse Villas

Last edited by KatieKat; 05-05-2012 at 03:56 PM.
KatieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
lynn46356
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review! We will be staying at the BC Club Level in June and I'm so looking forward to it. Does the lounge open at 7:00 or 7:30 for breakfast? I'm wondering how long I get to sleep in in the morning before we head down to it. Glad you had such a wonderful time. Thanks for taking the time to write the review!!!!!
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #3
KatieKat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn46356 View Post
Thanks for the review! We will be staying at the BC Club Level in June and I'm so looking forward to it. Does the lounge open at 7:00 or 7:30 for breakfast? I'm wondering how long I get to sleep in in the morning before we head down to it. Glad you had such a wonderful time. Thanks for taking the time to write the review!!!!!

7:00, I believe. I wouldn't know firsthand though, because we are late sleepers lol!

Pop Century (twice!) Port Orleans Riverside (twice!) Saratoga Springs All Star Sports Beach Club Swan
Treehouse Villas
Old 05-05-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
KatieKat
Mouseketeer

the long hallway inside our room (it was an odd shaped room)

The sink area

ducky towel

corner room with two balconies

standard room view

other balcony view

Mickey mouse lamp

Treehouse Villas
Old 05-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your review as well as the pics .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review! Your room looks very nice!

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #7
lbv7
Mouseketeer

I realize that you paid for a standard room view, but really, how does Disney get away with charging Club Level prices for a room with such an unappealing view?
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #8
KatieKat
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
I realize that you paid for a standard room view, but really, how does Disney get away with charging Club Level prices for a room with such an unappealing view?
Honestly, it didn't bug us that much. But you are right. If a person pays that much more for club level we should get a decent view. I think it would have been something like 500 bucks more for the lagoon view and there is no way in heck we would have paid that much more just for the view.

Treehouse Villas
Old 05-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #9
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

These pictures are fantastic! I can't wait to get there! I'm thinking about CL as well. Hopefully the deluxe room for a little extra space for the 5 of us.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting your review and pictures. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. I haven't heard about those watermelon shooters before- COOL!
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
OllieDannyandMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieKat View Post
Honestly, it didn't bug us that much. But you are right. If a person pays that much more for club level we should get a decent view. I think it would have been something like 500 bucks more for the lagoon view and there is no way in heck we would have paid that much more just for the view.
I agree with you. Unless I am ever so rich that money is no object, I would not pay an extra $500 for a better view.

As creative as Disney is, though, why couldn't they spruce up that roof top? At the very least, they could put some planters out there with flowers. We have an Italian restaurant here in Richmond that has a beautiful garden on its roof. Why couldn't Disney do something like that? Or at least use prettier roofing materials....

Thanks for the review! That is just the kind of info that helps when I need to make decisions for my travel plans.

OllieDannyandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy78 View Post
These pictures are fantastic! I can't wait to get there! I'm thinking about CL as well. Hopefully the deluxe room for a little extra space for the 5 of us.
We had a deluxe room in March & it was HUGE. Plenty of space for 5. The balcony was like an entire extra room. There are only 6 deluxe rooms & I requested a spefic one (because I knew it had the biggest balcony) and thankfully it was available for our stay.

KatieKat I agree those watermelon shooters were great!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's

Last edited by TaraPA; 05-05-2012 at 05:55 PM. Reason: typo
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #13
goofy78
…sea monkey has my money… …yes, I'm a natural blue…

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
We had a deluxe room in March & it was HUGE. Plenty of space for 5. The balcony was like an entire extra room. There are only 6 deluxe rooms & I requested a spefic one (because I knew it had the biggest balcony) and thankfully it was available for our stay.

KatieKat I agree those watermelon shooters were great!
Mind me asking which room that is? Also what are the views of the deluxe CL rooms?
Old 05-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #14
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

We stayed in 2557. There are 6 deluxe CL rooms - 4 over by the quiet pool on floors 1-4, and 2 above Cape May Cafe over looking SAB. None are on the 5th floor which is where the CL lounge is. The only ones with a large balcony are 2557 & 4557, they overlooks the quiet pool. We had 6 people on the balcony & could have fit a few more comfortably. I don't want to hijack KatieKat's thread but here are a few pics:

These are the 4 deluxe CL rooms by the quiet pool - straight ahead, the 1st set of windows all the way to the inside corner of the building, floors 1-4:

This is the view from one of those rooms, 2557:

the inside of a deluxe room:

the huge balcony of 2557:

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's

Last edited by TaraPA; 05-05-2012 at 08:44 PM. Reason: typos
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #15
Jungle Cruiser
DIS Veteran

TaraPA, thanks for posting the photos. We are staying 10 nights in a deluxe room at the BC in September. I requested a room with a large balcony, but now that I know the room numbers, I will request one of those two rooms specifically! I booked the room knowing one of our daughters (in her 20's) would be staying with us for 5 nights, thinking the extra room would be nice. It looks, from those pictures like I made a good choice!

katiekat, thanks for the review and so glad to hear you had such a good time. The balcony views are pretty bad, but if you don't care then that's great. We once had a roof top view at the WL, and we just didn't use the balcony in our room. There are plenty of other places to enjoy the views from!

Last edited by Jungle Cruiser; 05-06-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Jungle Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: