Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #16
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
They left in a huff. Or maybe It was a minute and a huff. (Bonus points if you know the movie reference).

Duck Soup!

I actually quoted one from that movie on Thursday at work. I am a critical care nurse in an "acuity adaptable critical care unit," which means that the patients come in sick and then stay until they are ready for discharge. With a base staffing number including both critical care and telemetry nurses, this sometimes gets us into trouble with the balance of nurses if our number of critically ill patients exceeds expectations. I was in charge on Thursday and one of our big managers stopped in to ask how things were going. My response...."Awfully decent of you to drop in today. Do you realize our army is facing disastrous defeat? What do you intend to do about it?"

Long story short-he did nothing and left me to figure out how to rob Peter, Paul, and Mary to get through the shift and yes...I was singing the "Leaving on a Jet Plane" song just trying to keep my spirits up! Even though you don't like the song, you have to understand that it was more of a threat to cope with adversity that day

Hope you were able to get into Jiko tonight-the chef's bar is one of my favorite places if I am dining by myself.

Anxiously awaitng the new title to appear

Me DH DD14 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:55 AM   #17
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'm in CJ! Sounds like a fun solo trip. I saw the Cava event on the Touringplans blog, and thought it looked like it would be a lot of fun. I'm glad you were able to get an RSVP in for it.
afwdwfan is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #18
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Raining right now. Planned on the MK tonight but will try to get into Jiko instead. Spent the morning at Epcot. Did the Culinary tour for Jiko and Boma. Pretty interesting and free food. Can't beat that at Disney. Had nice conversations with the two guides.

And the love bugs are out. Not too bad but they seem to like hovering around me.
cj9200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #19
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

So glad for another CJ9200 TR! We should be there right now, but for some ugly medical reasons we canceled the day before leaving so points in holding. Yours is one of the few TRs that I would read even without pictures, you have such a snarky sense of humor it's fun!

Hopefully you'll throw us a bone and send pictures once you get home!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #20
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Quote:
Raining right now. Planned on the MK tonight but will try to get into Jiko instead. Spent the morning at Epcot. Did the Culinary tour for Jiko and Boma. Pretty interesting and free food. Can't beat that at Disney. Had nice conversations with the two guides.

And the love bugs are out. Not too bad but they seem to like hovering around me.
We are staying at AKL in 2.5 weeks! Can you tell me about the Culinary tour? Is it offered daily? Where do I find out about the time/sign up? Thanks! It'll be hot, and I'll be 6 months pregnant, so that sounds like a diversion I could really enjoy.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #21
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:

The trip started when I found out for some reason I had points that were about to expire if I didn't use them before June. Forget that.
Definitely forget that.

Quote:

From there I have no idea. Will play this totally by ear and see where the winds take me.
Like it.

Quote:
This thread will either die quickly......
Whatever.

The rest can beg. I just shake my head at this ridiculous modesty.

Totally draining.

Quote:
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
Priceless.

Quote:

Hot. I mean Animal Kindom in August hot.
Poor you. Yes sarcasm. It's in my passport. I don't know how it snuck into yours. Maybe your ancestors were traitors.

Quote:

Taunted a few Tweens that were obnoxious. Got ugly and they had to drag the father off to jail. OK not really. Did say something to the kids and when they continued picking on this much smaller kid, told his father to control them or I would take care of it. They left in a huff. Or maybe It was a minute and a huff.
Too bad no video. Truly.

Quote:

I know this is boring without pictures.
Whatever part deux.

Quote:
Raining right now. Planned on the MK tonight but will try to get into Jiko instead. Spent the morning at Epcot. Did the Culinary tour for Jiko and Boma. Pretty interesting and free food. Can't beat that at Disney.
Nice CJ! Can't wait to hear about all about it.

Have you visited your elan yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Yours is one of the few TRs that I would read even without pictures
Bang on Alison. And he knows it.

Alison, hope things change for the better soon.

CJ, I have a very important question for you. Ready? Please tell me that you can get Ernie and the boys in the room now. Please tell me that TNT is one of the extra channels added. I know you have more exciting things to do but check for me. I would make some snarky remark about tomorrow night but I'm so sad about my beloved - the love of my life - my Baron - that I'm in a very foul mood. He's just my guy. And I wonder if that's it for him career wise. Sighing.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 05-10-2012 at 10:49 AM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 05:34 PM   #22
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

Would love a report on your Jiko experience. I will be solo at Kidani in a few days and would like to hear about how it went for you. I don't really like sit down restaurants as a solo.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:32 PM   #23
Cyndibear
I love my DVC's!!!!

Woo hoo! Yet another wonderful cj9200 report. Will miss your photo's and your lovely daughter too but just enjoy reading about your adventure. Did you get your haircut yet?? Dh did this a couple of weeks ago and just loved it. No pixie dust for him though, just a very nice cut.

Have fun!!!

Cyndi
Old 05-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #24
ccigliano
DVC Member WLV

So glad you didn't let those points expire. That's sacrilage in our DVC world. Have a wonderful solo trip and keep the updates coming.
Off Site Dec 97 ~ CSR Dec 98 ~ OKW Dec 99 ~ OKW Dec 00 ~ WLV Dec 01 ~ WLV Mar 02 ~ WLV Dec 02 ~ WLV Dec 03 ~ WLV Nov 04 ~ WLV Feb 05 ~ SSR/WLV Dec 05 ~ WLV May 06 ~ WLV Nov 06 ~ WLV Dec07 ~ SSR Apr 08 ~ OKW Sep 08 ~ WLV Nov/Dec 08 ~ WLV Dec 09 ~ AKV KSV Feb 10 ~ BLT LV May 10 ~ SSR Sep 10 ~ WLV Nov 10 ~ SSR Jan11 ~ WLV/BCV Mar 11~Dream/WLV Dec 11~WLV Feb 12~Grand Floridian/WLV Dec12~WLV Jan13~WLV Mar 13~WLV Dec 13~GCV Jan 14~VBV/AKV Aug 14~WLV Dec14

ccigliano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:10 AM   #25
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

Tough to answer everyone from an IPad so time sensitive replies first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
Would love a report on your Jiko experience. I will be solo at Kidani in a few days and would like to hear about how it went for you. I don't really like sit down restaurants as a solo.
Same here. Jiko is great for solo dinners. Ask for the cooking table. Had great conversations with the people sitting next to me and the chefs preparing stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Princess View Post
We are staying at AKL in 2.5 weeks! Can you tell me about the Culinary tour? Is it offered daily? Where do I find out about the time/sign up? Thanks! It'll be hot, and I'll be 6 months pregnant, so that sounds like a diversion I could really enjoy.
Not an E ticket but interesting. You are led by someone from Africa and they tell you about the restaurant. I was interested in their life and country back home. We were fed soup, zebra domes and the taste of Africa breads with dipping sauces. I enjoyed it. They do it everyday at 4:00. No reservation needed, you just show up at Boma. Congrats on the soon to be Disney fanatic.

Last edited by cj9200; 05-09-2012 at 05:14 AM.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #26
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

Quote:
Not an E ticket but interesting. You are led by someone from Africa and they tell you about the restaurant. I was interested in their life and country back home. We were fed soup, zebra domes and the taste of Africa breads with dipping sauces. I enjoyed it. They do it everyday at 4:00. No reservation needed, you just show up at Boma. Congrats on the soon to be Disney fanatic.
Thanks so much! I think that time will work well - right after my afternoon nap/pool time. We've never eaten at either restaurant, so it'll be great to see them and sample.

I hope the vacation continues to go well. Can't wait to read more.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #27
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

This morning at the Studios. Was going to eat at 50's but the skies were not looking friendly. Made it back the resort just before the rain hit. Right now it is pouring. No idea what to do next. Hopefully it will soon be out of here.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:55 PM   #28
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

The culinary tour for Jiko sounds interesting...never was there at the right time to do that before.
Hope the rain clears out soon

Me DH DD14 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #29
cj9200
DIS Dad #412

Guess I got moved to the new place. Looks good.

Last night at AKL and the trip. Spent the morning at DHS and had lunch at 50's. Was going to the MK but was talked out of it by a bartender with a vodka and tonic. Enjoyed the pool bar and and the pool the rest of the afternoon/evening. In deference to DD cramming for finals, I skipped Wall-E which is her favorite Disney movie that was showing tonight.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:26 AM   #30
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Whoa! Didn't even notice they had a new TR section! I'll have to check this often for TRs from you, DVCMike and LisaViolet, my fave TR writers! There are a few others, but I know one just sold his points and others, I will catch here as well.

I just hope that someday y'all can read TRs from me again after two canceled trips I'm feelin' pretty bummed and are lovin' yours.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: