Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #91
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

Okay, so I need to stop going onto other sites. Why? I'm getting myself all worked up over this trip.

Why? I am, for lack of a better word, a bit Pooh sized. Well, now I'm worried about actually fitting into the seat. The seats are 17" and it says that the other passengers have to be comfortable. Well, DS & DH are in the same row as me. My tummy is a bit big, but I can fit into a movie theater seat with no problem.

My issue is this, who decides if my DH & DS are comfortable? Because they are used to me being the way I am. Trying to lose weight is a bit of a challenge for me. I don't tell many people this, but I have PKD. Polycystic Kidney Disease. Basically it's cysts on my kidneys. I've started walking and it's going slow, but the medicine that I'm on causes me to retain water and makes it hard to lose weight.

DH says that they will be fine. Delta doesn't require me to buy an extra seat, just that DH & DS be comfortable. My hips aren't too wide, but I am a size 24/26. I'm just worried that I won't fit and that DH & DS will be forced to go on without me.

I hate being like this and I have tried every diet I have heard about. I even work out at Curves 3 times a week and still the weight stays on. Sometimes I hate being me...... I guess I'm just destined to be a fat person. It's one of the reasons why I refuse to make friends in real life.

Sorry for posting this here, it's just I'm so worried about this..... Thanks for reading and listening to me... LOL!!

In other news I started packing our suitcases. Well, mostly with the shirts that we are bringing. Stuff that we won't need between now and the trip. We are down to 59 days.

Does anyone know if you can buy aerosol deodorant in the stores at the hotels? Because DH only uses them and I know that we can't have them on the plane. Definitely don't want him stinking the place up. LOL!!

Last edited by CatNipRules; 08-05-2012 at 01:39 PM.
CatNipRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:35 PM   #92
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

First of all, this

AFAIK, if you are sitting between your DS and DH, you will be fine. I flew when I weighed 280 (size 26/28) and wasn't required to buy a second seat ... it was just DH and I and yes, I needed the seatbelt extender.

I feel your pain with the PKD - I have PCOS, which sounds like the same thing (cysts on the ovaries, difficulty losing weight, etc.).

Don't worry! We always fly Delta and have never had issues, even when I was at my heaviest.

As far as the aerosol deodorant, if you put it in your checked luggage you'll be fine ... I just don't think they allow it in the carry-on.

Yay for 59 days!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #93
shalom
DIS Veteran

I love your t-shirts so much! There's no way my crew will go for matching t-shirts, but I have all these ideas for individual shirts. Most of which involve pictures, which would involve hubby, who is Mr. Procrastination, so none of them are likely to happen. But I like thinking them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
there are more things to do rather than let the air go through your hair. LOL!!
See, now wouldn't that make a great t-shirt? Maybe with a tall, narrow picture of some kinda bored guy in sun glasses on Rock 'n'Roller Coaster, next to tall picture of the same guy laughing on Jungle Cruise? Well, not the same guy, that'd be too tough to find, but people laughing on JC, anyhow.

No? Yes? Maybe?

Quote:
I'm finding that the closer it gets to our trip, the more nervous I am about flying.

I read some where that a lot of people develop a fear of flying after they get married/have kids/otherwise realize how important they are to other people. That awareness that you matter to those you love makes you more aware of personal risks, because you aren't the only one who would be hurt. I dunno if that helps, or if it's what's going on with you, but sometimes if I can think through to why something is winding me up, I can think of better ways to cope with it.

Plus just a reminder that it's totally normal to be cool with something at one age, and then have some issues with it later.

Quote:
Trying to lose weight is a bit of a challenge for me.
Some people lose weight pretty easily, true, but trying to keep it off is apparently a challenge for everybody -- the longer a study follows people trying to lose weight, the closer the percentage of people who've returned to their original weight (or higher) gets to 100%. And it gets up to 90% by about three years.

Then again, exercise alone can improve health, whether you lose weight or not. I know society focuses on the weight part, but twins studies and studies where people have been in a controlled environment (hospital, prison) for a long period of time seem to indicate that weight is far more regulated by genetics than it is by diet and exercise.

For what it's worth.

Quote:
who decides if my DH & DS are comfortable?
They do! And what will make you most comfortable is having you along.

Heh. I said in my thread that I was having trouble focusing. Then I went back and zipped right through the rest of your thread. Apparently all my brain needs to straighten up is a bit of a gripe. Wish my kids worked the same way!
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #94
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Thanks for joining in and thanks for the encouraging words. It makes me feel better and DH was wondering why I was so upset earlier.

LOL on the matching shirts. I would never get my son to agree to it. I told him that we are doing it and that's it. LOL! He's pretty easy going, but I had to bribe him to agree to wearing them.

I love your idea for the shirts!! That would be great and too funny. You could have the same guy on a series of shirts. Maybe the first one he could be all proper and then as each day goes on the hair could get wilder and the smile bigger.

Thanks for all of your kind words. DS & DH love me just the way I am and I know that. DH tells me that there is nothing wrong with the way I look. I know that in my head, but my heart tells me otherwise. Sometimes I think he's just telling me that because he has to. LOL!!

DS is funny and tells me that if anyone makes fun of me he's going to tell them what he thinks. LOL!! My son the protector!!

Old 08-05-2012, 07:21 PM   #95
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
First of all, this

AFAIK, if you are sitting between your DS and DH, you will be fine. I flew when I weighed 280 (size 26/28) and wasn't required to buy a second seat ... it was just DH and I and yes, I needed the seatbelt extender.

I feel your pain with the PKD - I have PCOS, which sounds like the same thing (cysts on the ovaries, difficulty losing weight, etc.).

Don't worry! We always fly Delta and have never had issues, even when I was at my heaviest.

As far as the aerosol deodorant, if you put it in your checked luggage you'll be fine ... I just don't think they allow it in the carry-on.

Yay for 59 days!
Thank you for your encouraging words! I know that I will probably need the seatbelt extender. I'm prepared for that.

I've heard that PCOS can be just as painful as PKD. I can't explain what it feels like to know that you sort of understand what's going on. I can lose a pound here and there, but then it comes back. No matter how much I diet and exercise. I've just decided that I'm going to walk and take better care of myself. I've cut down on the sodas and junk food.

I'm hoping that they do!! LOL! Because DH is already grumbling about it!! LOL!!

Thanks again! It means the world to me for your understanding!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #96
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
They do! And what will make you most comfortable is having you along.
Well, rats! I totally meant to write, "what will make them [your DH & DS] most comfortable is having you along." I must have been up past my bedtime last night, seriously.

Quote:
LOL on the matching shirts. I would never get my son to agree to it. I told him that we are doing it and that's it. LOL!
Yeah, I could lay down the law, and it'd happen, but to be honest I don't care enough to bother. Plus I just about never wear t-shirts to the parks myself anyhow; woven shirts just seem more comfortable.

Quote:
He's pretty easy going, but I had to bribe him to agree to wearing them.
Ballet Girl has decided, since I scheduled the vacation so she'd miss too many classes if she did this thing neither one of us knew word one about beforehand (I did admittedly push her days off right up to the brink), I now owe her major chocolate for having to choose between vacationing with us and going to the other thingie. The other vacation she missed was totally Geek dad's fault -- I told him if he changed the vacation dates, that meant she'd be missing too many days, but he decided he was going to will the time into existence or something -- and she got a lot of candy loot out of that, too!

She doesn't buy a lot of candy for herself, but, boy, if she can con somebody else into doing it, she is right there!

Quote:
You could have the same guy on a series of shirts. Maybe the first one he could be all proper and then as each day goes on the hair could get wilder and the smile bigger.
I like that idea, but then I remember you (or I, or whoever) would be going to different parks every day... A series of pics on one shirt?

SeaWorld son went on a sleepover once, and I forgot to warn his hostess that the kid can go through a gallon of milk a day, easy. Anytime you offer him a drink, it's always, "Got milk?" I keep trying to convince him that it is impolite to demand milk when you have just been offered water, tea, or whatever, but he doesn't buy it, because his father is almost as bad (Geek dad is usually fine with water but will request milk with anything chocolate). He and his friend spent a lot of time playing Legend of Zelda, which is one of his big faves, and his friends' mom shortly thereafter gifted him with a shirt with Link drinking something on it, and the words, "Got Milk?" Everyone who knows SeaWorld son cracks up the first time they see it, but the rest of the world is all

I secretly fear that half the shirts I'd like to do would be equally baffling.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:07 PM   #97
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Okay, so we had to take Buddy back to the vet for a checkup today. Well, it was a post op check up and they did an x-ray. Apparently in 15-20% of these types of operations they get infected and the pin needs to be removed. Well, guess what? Buddy falls into that category. So, I need to take him in tomorrow to have the pin removed. The good thing is that it's right down the street from where I work. So, I'm going to drop him off on my way to work and pick him up afterwards.

Well, the doctor gave us an anti-inflammatory and antibiotic and it cost me $66. I swear, this surgery is going to be the death of me. Hopefully this will be the end of it.

DH told me today that he isn't sure that he wants to rent a car after all. He's driving me crazy. He says that he just wants to use Disney transportation. Grrrrrr.... Men....

I wanted to do the Wild Africa Trek for Chris and Mike. However, with hearing about the sickness that was attributed to it. I definitely don't want Chris or Mike to get sick while we are on vacation.

I did see some cute little ear ornaments that I want to get while we are on vacation. They are the cutest things ever. Here is the link to it: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...-disney-parks/

I see a few of them that I want to get. Especially the Grumpy one. He's just too cute!! I think I can see an Ariel one there also. I could probably spend a small fortune on them. I will have to try and restrain myself. LOL!!

Well, my article for my TA's web site is nearly ready to be published. I just need to find a picture. I am trying to find the perfect one. We've had so many Magical moments at Disney that it's hard trying to find the right one.

So, yes, the secret is out. I'm a writer of fan fiction. Mostly Bones, but I've written lots of other stuff. But you don't care about that. Of course my writing for that is much more polished because I read and proof read and then I read again!! LOL!!

Here, I mostly just write what comes to mind. LOL! Sorry for the scattered thoughts.

Oh and DH told me tonight that we need to start packing the suitcases. He said that we need to figure out how many suitcases that we are taking. I just smiled and pointed to the suitcases and told him that it was already done.....

Old 08-07-2012, 06:23 AM   #98
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Love your shirts!!!

I hope Buddy is feeling better soon!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:27 AM   #99
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

So sorry to hear about Buddy. Hopefully this is the last of it and he is back to 100% soon.

Ahh yes, our MEN and their ever-changing minds. And they say we women are the ones that are indecisive ...

ITA with you on the Wild Africa Trek. I read about all the people who got sick and then about how it had all been taken care of, but it would make me leery as well. Last thing you want is to not feel well on vacation.

You'll have to link to the TA's article (or PM it to me!) - I'd love to read it!

Old 08-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #100
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Cute shirts!

Hope Buddy feels better soon!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #101
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Thanks for all the well wishes on Buddy. He's sleeping in his crate and relaxing.

Well, they released the menus for the Food & Wine Festival today!! I am in love with quite a few of them. Some of them I won't be able to eat because of my shellfish allergies.

I'm loving the Belgium menu. And some of the wines are heavenly not to mention the chocolate and strawberry foam from the Desserts & Champagne menu. The France menu is interesting. There is actually something on pretty much every menu that I want to try. If they taste as yummy as they look, then I'm going to be doing a lot of walking to work off the calories. LOL!

Old 08-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #102
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Well, rats! I totally meant to write, "what will make them [your DH & DS] most comfortable is having you along." I must have been up past my bedtime last night, seriously.

Yeah, I could lay down the law, and it'd happen, but to be honest I don't care enough to bother. Plus I just about never wear t-shirts to the parks myself anyhow; woven shirts just seem more comfortable.

Ballet Girl has decided, since I scheduled the vacation so she'd miss too many classes if she did this thing neither one of us knew word one about beforehand (I did admittedly push her days off right up to the brink), I now owe her major chocolate for having to choose between vacationing with us and going to the other thingie. The other vacation she missed was totally Geek dad's fault -- I told him if he changed the vacation dates, that meant she'd be missing too many days, but he decided he was going to will the time into existence or something -- and she got a lot of candy loot out of that, too!

She doesn't buy a lot of candy for herself, but, boy, if she can con somebody else into doing it, she is right there!

I like that idea, but then I remember you (or I, or whoever) would be going to different parks every day... A series of pics on one shirt?

SeaWorld son went on a sleepover once, and I forgot to warn his hostess that the kid can go through a gallon of milk a day, easy. Anytime you offer him a drink, it's always, "Got milk?" I keep trying to convince him that it is impolite to demand milk when you have just been offered water, tea, or whatever, but he doesn't buy it, because his father is almost as bad (Geek dad is usually fine with water but will request milk with anything chocolate). He and his friend spent a lot of time playing Legend of Zelda, which is one of his big faves, and his friends' mom shortly thereafter gifted him with a shirt with Link drinking something on it, and the words, "Got Milk?" Everyone who knows SeaWorld son cracks up the first time they see it, but the rest of the world is all

I secretly fear that half the shirts I'd like to do would be equally baffling.
That's too funny about your DS and milk. I can't get my son to drink milk even if I tried. That is a very cute shirt idea!! LOL!!

I found this picture and wanted to share it with you. This is DS at the Old Key West Dolphin show. He was five at the time and fell in love with the dolphins....

Old 08-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #103
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Thanks for all the well wishes on Buddy. He's sleeping in his crate and relaxing.

Well, they released the menus for the Food & Wine Festival today!! I am in love with quite a few of them. Some of them I won't be able to eat because of my shellfish allergies.

I'm loving the Belgium menu. And some of the wines are heavenly not to mention the chocolate and strawberry foam from the Desserts & Champagne menu. The France menu is interesting. There is actually something on pretty much every menu that I want to try. If they taste as yummy as they look, then I'm going to be doing a lot of walking to work off the calories. LOL!
I'm so jealous that you're getting to go during F&W! All the years I've been going to WDW and we've *never* gone during F&W. I hope you have an amazing time!

Old 08-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #104
shalom
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear Buddy is home and resting. Hope he's up and about, soon.

Quote:
Well, the doctor gave us an anti-inflammatory and antibiotic and it cost me $66.
I can't remember -- did you say you were using CareCredit? That's what we've used with our cats when we had emergency surgery. Once you sign up with it, you can borrow however much for pet care, dentist, maybe optometrist, and if you pay it off within six months, it's same as cash. If you don't pay it off in six months, you'll get socked with major interest, though. But we have a cat who has a talent for running up the vet bills, and being able to stretch it out a bit is a real lifesaver sometimes.

Quote:
I did see some cute little ear ornaments that I want to get while we are on vacation.
I totally translated that to "earrings" in my brain. Clicked on the link and didn't see at all what I expected.

Quote:
Well, my article for my TA's web site is nearly ready to be published.
If you don't publish the link here, I would be honored if you'd send me the address in a PM.

Quote:
So, yes, the secret is out. I'm a writer of fan fiction. Mostly Bones, but I've written lots of other stuff.
We do not watch broadcast TV to speak off, and I've not looked into Bones before. Two sentences into the Wiki, I fear I'm doomed to track it down and check it out.

I'm awfully close to stream of consciousness on my trip report thread as well. There's a Flaubert quote that often applies to me -- "If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter." I tend to ramble on; if I have time, I tighten it up, but if I get rushed, I just leave it all out there.

Quote:
I can't get my son to drink milk even if I tried.
We're a huge milk-drinking family, but SeaWorld Son is by far the worst. But when we first got married, Geek dad could go through a gallon of milk pretty fast, too, depending on what else he was doing. He would get leg cramps if he didn't drink enough milk! So that was a craving he indulged!

How cute is your son there! I'm not familiar with the Old Key West Dolphin show, unless my brain is blanking, but it looks like they had him help direct the dolphins? We did take SeaWorld son down to the Indy zoo to see the dolphins when he was younger; he thought they were fine, but not orcas. Although I'm thinking if could have gotten up and interacted with them, dolphins would be higher on his List of Keen Critters.

Maybe not, though. Before it was orcas for SeaWorld son, it was zebras, and Mr. Cool was major into penguins as a little one; don't know what the big thrill is about black and white animals and those two.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #105
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Love your shirts!!!

I hope Buddy is feeling better soon!!
Thanks! I love my shirts they are going to be great for wearing in the park.

Thanks for the well wishes for Buddy! He's going to hate me by the end of this whole thing. LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Cute shirts!

Hope Buddy feels better soon!
Thanks!! And Buddy Thanks you to!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
I'm so jealous that you're getting to go during F&W! All the years I've been going to WDW and we've *never* gone during F&W. I hope you have an amazing time!
You really should go there once during the F&W festival. It's lots of fun and to be honest totally worth it. It makes going to Epcot even better than it normally is. And we love Epcot anyways. LOL!!

Quote:
Glad to hear Buddy is home and resting. Hope he's up and about, soon.
Thanks. The worst part is that he tries to bite and lick the staples and that's a big no, no. So, we were using a plastic cone. Well, my dog is apparently very smart because he figured out that if he moved his head a certain way then he could get around the cone. LOL! So, we had to buy a muzzle for him. He can't open his mouth wide enough to get around it. LOL!!

Quote:
I can't remember -- did you say you were using CareCredit? That's what we've used with our cats when we had emergency surgery. Once you sign up with it, you can borrow however much for pet care, dentist, maybe optometrist, and if you pay it off within six months, it's same as cash. If you don't pay it off in six months, you'll get socked with major interest, though. But we have a cat who has a talent for running up the vet bills, and being able to stretch it out a bit is a real lifesaver sometimes.
Our vet doesn't use CareCredit. They do offer payment options, but we didn't want to go that route because they charge interest and it's crazy. We are quickly coming to the end of our rope because it's starting to get expensive at this point. Thank goodness we have our trip paid for. Because I'm starting to panic. It figures that it all happens right after I get put on part time. Luckily DH has a good job, but this is all starting to wear on me.

Quote:
I totally translated that to "earrings" in my brain. Clicked on the link and didn't see at all what I expected.
LOL!! That is funny!!

Quote:
If you don't publish the link here, I would be honored if you'd send me the address in a PM.
I'm not sure if I can post it here or not. I'm not sure that they would appreciate me posting it for another travel site. LOL! I will surely PM it to you and others.

Quote:
We do not watch broadcast TV to speak off, and I've not looked into Bones before. Two sentences into the Wiki, I fear I'm doomed to track it down and check it out.
I watch mostly stuff on Discover channel and the Travel channel. However, I do watch Bones regularly. I've watched it from the beginning. Ha! It's a really interesting show. Be warned, it's very, very easy to get hooked!! LOL!!

Quote:
How cute is your son there! I'm not familiar with the Old Key West Dolphin show, unless my brain is blanking, but it looks like they had him help direct the dolphins? We did take SeaWorld son down to the Indy zoo to see the dolphins when he was younger; he thought they were fine, but not orcas. Although I'm thinking if could have gotten up and interacted with them, dolphins would be higher on his List of Keen Critters.

Maybe not, though. Before it was orcas for SeaWorld son, it was zebras, and Mr. Cool was major into penguins as a little one; don't know what the big thrill is about black and white animals and those two.
That picture was taken when he was 5. It was about 10 years ago and I'm not sure if the show is still going on or not anymore. But, yes. He directed the show and then one of the crew pretended to be his "dad" and fell into the water and then came up out of the water riding between two dolphins. Chris was fine until he got splashed. LOL!! Then he started running away.

He actually loves penguins!! We live about 2 hours from the Chattanooga aquarium and we go there a few times a week. He could spend all day in the penguin exhibit and still not get bored.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: