Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #76
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
on your plans for eating at Yachtsman. My TA recommends that place highly. While you're over at the YC, wander around a little for me, then come back and tell me what you think.

Love the two backpacks. DH and I got the camelbak ones at Costco - I'm fervently hoping I will be able to carry all that weight around all day.

Did you find the links I left for you in my PTR about the window signs?
I love the camelbaks, but I carry a bit too much stuff. LOL! That's why I decided on those. LOL!!

Yeah, I saw the links, but I didn't think that she's taking any more orders. It just seemed like that from what I read in the thread. Maybe I was wrong though. LOL!!

I'll have to think about it. LOL! I could have been mistaken.

CatNipRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:42 PM   #77
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

She is. THIS IS THE THREAD you use for her to make requests. Read post #1. Go to her photobucket page (it's in her siggy line). Pick the DISign you want. Go to that thread. Give the jpg name (as in thisdisign.jpg) and what modifications you want made to it (such as adding your DIS name, the date, whatever). Don't post a link ... just give the jpg name. THIS POST has a good explanation of her specifications and how she wants you to ask.

She's very, very talented ... and thus very busy. But she just posted some new stuff tonight, so I know she's still doing them. You just need to ask. Promise!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #78
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

I'm headed over there right now. I'm going to check out her things and hopefully I can find something. LOL! I'm very, very picky!! That's my big problem.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #79
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I think your plans for Yachtsman sound great! I've never been there, but I love the Yacht Club and have heard great things about it!

Hahaha I am always in search of the perfect park touring bag! So far my favorite are cross-body purses, because they aren't too bulky, and so I can't load them down with too many things! My Mini Hipster from Vera Bradley is one of my favorites, along with my Disney Dooney, of course!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:04 PM   #80
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I think your plans for Yachtsman sound great! I've never been there, but I love the Yacht Club and have heard great things about it!

Hahaha I am always in search of the perfect park touring bag! So far my favorite are cross-body purses, because they aren't too bulky, and so I can't load them down with too many things! My Mini Hipster from Vera Bradley is one of my favorites, along with my Disney Dooney, of course!
I've always wanted to eat there and since we are doing the Deluxe Dining plan I figure this is one the of the few times that I can eat there and not feel too guilty about it!! LOL!!

Well, I would go with a smaller bag, a fanny pack is actually perfect, but since my husband refuses to carry a bag and my DS is too scatterbrained to carry one, I get elected to do it. LOL!!

Old 08-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #81
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Okay, so we picked up our t-shirts today. They turned out great! I love them. the only thing is that they forgot to put our names on the backs. DH and I decided that it wasn't that big of a deal because we didn't want to get some smart aleck calling our names. I've been known to do that to someone before. LOL!!

I wasn't expecting the Disney script. So it was a bit of a surprise. A nice one at that. LOL!

Here's the orange one. I'm sorry for sideways picture. PB is being a pain and no matter what I do I can't get it to turn the right way. LOL!!

Then we have the green one:

I know that this one looks orange, but it is really red.

And then we have the blue one:

I think they look great! They probably could have had pictures on them, but for the most part they turned out great.

I'm done buying things for our trip though. LOL!!

Old 08-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #82
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I love the Ts - great job! I particulary like "I'm not a tourist Disney is my home."
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #83
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Never mind... Freak out is over. Disney got back to me already and the gift cards don't have an RFID chip.....

Last edited by CatNipRules; 08-03-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #84
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

OMG! I *love* the T's! So cool!

As far as the gift cards, I'm afraid I have no info on that. I had not heard that before, and AFAIK they do not, but I could be wrong.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #85
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
Never mind... Freak out is over. Disney got back to me already and the gift cards don't have an RFID chip.....
Good to know - glad the freak-out is over and meltdown was avoided!

Old 08-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #86
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Quote:

As far as the gift cards, I'm afraid I have no info on that. I had not heard that before, and AFAIK they do not, but I could be wrong.
I edited my original post on the gift cards. the gift card people emailed me back and they don't have an rfid chip in them. that's what I get for letting people freak me out. LOL!!

Old 08-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #87
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Quote:

Thank you by the way! I was a bit bummed at first that they didn't have our names on the back, but I quickly got over it when I saw that she was able to do the Disney font! I was in heaven!!

Old 08-03-2012, 10:54 PM   #88
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
I love the Ts - great job! I particulary like "I'm not a tourist Disney is my home."
Thanks!! I can't decide which one it my favorite! i love them all!!

Old 08-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #89
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Does anyone else have major anxiety about flying? I have flown before. In fact, when I was little I used to fly every summer to my mom's house and then back to my dad's house. It never seemed scary then. In fact, it seemed kind of fun.

I've flown once in my grown up life. It was about 13 years ago, but that's the last time that I've flown.

I'm finding that the closer it gets to our trip, the more nervous I am about flying. I know that thousands, if not millions of people fly every day and never have an issue, I'm just completely nervous about flying.

I've been thinking about asking my doctor if there is anything that she can prescribe for nerves. I'm just not sure that I want another prescription to have to take. Even if it is for only a short time.

I can't understand why I feel like this. I told DH that I wanted to drive to Florida, but he insisted on flying.

So we are flying and I'm nervous about it, but I'm trying to work through it. We have a flight with a layover and the flights themselves are actually really short. Less that two hours. So, I don't want something that's going to knock me out. I think I'll just have to deal with it.

On some better news, I was looking through an old box of our things. Well, I found an old pin lanyard from one of our first Disney trips. It's got a lot of the pins that Chris traded when he was little. Just looking at it makes me smile.

Then I was looking at the pins I got from Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. I actually made it up onto the hot seat once and got to the 8,000 point level. I'm going to miss going to that show. I'm not much for AI, so we will probably skip that one.

I'm still trying to find a cake for Chris. A little backstory. When Chris was 3, almost 4, we went to Garden Grill. This was back when they still did breakfast there. Well, we had it noted on the reservation that it was his birthday. Well, they brought out a cake for him. It had a sugar decoration on it. He was absolutely mystified by it. I think it was more the fact that you could eat the decoration.So, I've been trying to find something similar, but so far I haven't had any luck. He still talks about it to this day and Garden Grill is his favorite place to eat at Disney.

We will be celebrating both of our birthdays during our upcoming trip so I want to do something special for him. I know that going to Disney is special, but I want to make it extra special. I was thinking about having the Disney florist put something together for him, but I'm not sure if he's too old for it or if they can put together something that he would like. I think I found something for Halloween since we are going to be there during October.

Old 08-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #90
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

As for the flying ... I used to be a nervous flier, too - we're talking white-knuckle the whole way. But a friend of mine who is former military told me how the planes operate, the training that goes into being a pilot, etc. And since then, I've felt much better about it.

As far as a cake for Chris goes, have you checked The OFFICIAL Disney Cake Chatter Thread? You wouldn't believe what you can have made these days, including edible decorations. Be prepared though, because some of the prices will give you sticker shock!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: