Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #136
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

So glad to hear your ankle isn't broken. I hope it is healed up soon.

I think the 4-parks-in-a-day tradition sounds like fun! The most we've ever managed is two!

As far as a different ADR than Cape May ... what is available for that night?

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #137
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
So glad to hear your ankle isn't broken. I hope it is healed up soon.

I think the 4-parks-in-a-day tradition sounds like fun! The most we've ever managed is two!

As far as a different ADR than Cape May ... what is available for that night?
California Grill is available, but not until 9:30 at night. Flying Fish Cafe is available. I'm thinking about doing that one. Just because

The four parks in one day is fun, but it can be exhausting. LOL!

CatNipRules is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #138
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules View Post
So, I realized today that I'm going to have to do FOTLK. Why? It's apparently going away to make room for the Avatar area.
Wow. I guess we'd better make an effort to get to that as well. If it's even still there when we go!

Glad to hear the flying fear is fading. Also glad to hear you didn't break any bones in your ankle!

Can't imagine doing four parks in one day. Do you hit your favorite rides, or are there specific rides that are part of the tradition, or how does that work, exactly?

I like replacing Cape May with Flying Fish. Similar theme (well, in the vaguest sense of theme ) and location, yet totally different experience. Have you been to the Flying Fish before?
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #139
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
Wow. I guess we'd better make an effort to get to that as well. If it's even still there when we go!

Glad to hear the flying fear is fading. Also glad to hear you didn't break any bones in your ankle!

Can't imagine doing four parks in one day. Do you hit your favorite rides, or are there specific rides that are part of the tradition, or how does that work, exactly?

I like replacing Cape May with Flying Fish. Similar theme (well, in the vaguest sense of theme ) and location, yet totally different experience. Have you been to the Flying Fish before?
We hit our favorite rides in each of the parks.

In MK we hit the mountains. This time we want to add Splash Mountain to the list. We've never done it before so it's a must do this trip.

Epcot, we do Spaceship Earth, Living With the Land, Soarin, and DH & DS do Mission Space.

AK- The Safari Ride and Expedition Everest.

MGM- Rock N Roller coaster, Star tours and The Great Movie Ride.

We have never been to the Flying Fish before. this is going to be a trip of a lot of firsts for us. Lots of first places to eat and lots of rides to ride. Have you ever eaten there? It sounds good and the atmosphere looks great..

Old 08-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #140
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Oh no!!! I hope your ankle is feeling better soon!!!

Wait...WHAT????? Is FOTLK really going away for Avitar-land????? That's ridiculous, it's pretty much the most awesome show in Disney!!!!!!!

Yeah, CMC is definitely not worth risking a shellfish allergy over!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #141
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

OOH, I hope FOTLK never goes aways--It is one of the best shows. You have to see it!

Hope your ankle heals quickly, and that you feel better soon!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
MHTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #142
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Ouch! Sorry about your ankle, I hope it is feeling better already. I'm known for not watching where I'm going and I can't count how many times I've run into this one short cubicle wall in my office.... it's a joke now that anyone who sees me blurts out "work comp!"

FF sounds like a wonderful place to dine - especially if you are trying some firsts this visit. I hear such great reviews for that place. Probably a smart move to not risk Cape May - even if it would make for an interesting dining review if you had to make a quick trip to the ER we don't want to see that happen!!

I've thought about having a totally commando day where we do 4 parks in 1 day but no one from my family is up for that! Hmph! Apparently sleeping in is valued above getting an early start at the parks.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #143
MEK
DIS Veteran

I am far from caught up, but just wanted to say sorry about your ankle. I swear, one of these days I am going to trip over one of my cats and have a serious fall. I get the whole tripping over a dog bone.

It's unfortunate that when doctors offices have bad receptionists, it colors the whole practice. I find that reason enough to switch.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #144
ellie05
DIS Veteran

What? you started packing! I feel like I so behind I am still working on my binder.
It sounds like you needed a new doctor.

So glad buddy seems to be getting better. I hate when my fur babies are sick the fact they canít talk makes it so much worst.

We love the FOTLK but arenít big fans of the Nemo show. I am not too exited about Avatar land I wish they would be doing something different.

It sounds like you are all ready to fly now! How sweet of DH take you there so you can check it out. I step on my dogs bones all the time. I am convince I have to teach them to put them back on the toy basket once they are done. I am glad you ankle is not broken.

ellie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #145
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Oh no!!! I hope your ankle is feeling better soon!!!

Wait...WHAT????? Is FOTLK really going away for Avitar-land????? That's ridiculous, it's pretty much the most awesome show in Disney!!!!!!!

Yeah, CMC is definitely not worth risking a shellfish allergy over!!
Thank you for the well wishes on my ankle. I've been taking easy and it's feeling better already. LOL!!

Yeah, FOTLK is going away. At least according to everything that I've read here. That's why I have to make it to see the show at least once. LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
OOH, I hope FOTLK never goes aways--It is one of the best shows. You have to see it!

Hope your ankle heals quickly, and that you feel better soon!
FOTLK is one of our must do's on this trip. I can't wait!!

Thanks for the well wishes on my ankle. It's feeling much better now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Ouch! Sorry about your ankle, I hope it is feeling better already. I'm known for not watching where I'm going and I can't count how many times I've run into this one short cubicle wall in my office.... it's a joke now that anyone who sees me blurts out "work comp!"

FF sounds like a wonderful place to dine - especially if you are trying some firsts this visit. I hear such great reviews for that place. Probably a smart move to not risk Cape May - even if it would make for an interesting dining review if you had to make a quick trip to the ER we don't want to see that happen!!

I've thought about having a totally commando day where we do 4 parks in 1 day but no one from my family is up for that! Hmph! Apparently sleeping in is valued above getting an early start at the parks.
I've always been a klutz. LOL! Either twisting my ankle or running into things. I can't tell you how many times I have run into walls. LOL! It's pretty embarrassing!

Yeah, it would make for a good dining report, but not a good trip. LOL!!

Yeah, I've read a lot of good things about FF.

My DS and DH are commandos to. Although my son is a bit less so since he's gotten older, but he still knows that when we are at Disney it's commando all the way. LOL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I am far from caught up, but just wanted to say sorry about your ankle. I swear, one of these days I am going to trip over one of my cats and have a serious fall. I get the whole tripping over a dog bone.

It's unfortunate that when doctors offices have bad receptionists, it colors the whole practice. I find that reason enough to switch.
Thanks for the wishes on my ankle. I have tripped over a lot of my dogs stuff. I gave myself a blood blister on my big toe once because I kicked his knuckle bone. Talk about hurting. I saw starts for a bit. LOL!!

It does color the whole practice. It makes me wonder if she knows what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie05 View Post
What? you started packing! I feel like I so behind I am still working on my binder.
It sounds like you needed a new doctor.

So glad buddy seems to be getting better. I hate when my fur babies are sick the fact they canít talk makes it so much worst.

We love the FOTLK but arenít big fans of the Nemo show. I am not too exited about Avatar land I wish they would be doing something different.

It sounds like you are all ready to fly now! How sweet of DH take you there so you can check it out. I step on my dogs bones all the time. I am convince I have to teach them to put them back on the toy basket once they are done. I am glad you ankle is not broken.
I started packing basics. Like my gift cards and my shirts that I had done. I still have a LOT left to pack.

Buddy is definitely getting better. He is walking much better. i know that he will be glad when he is able to finally stop having to be muzzled.

Yeah, I feel much better about the flying now. LOL!!

I wish I could teach Buddy to put his stuff back. It would be a small miracle. LOL!!

Old 08-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #146
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

I'm rather annoyed tonight.

Why? I shall tell you why. Well, I'm worried about our early morning ADR's. I have a few scheduled for breakfast. Well, I'm worried about the buses running to the parks. I have some of my ADR's for 8:05 in the morning. Now, I've read that the Disney buses start running an hour before park opening. So, if the park opens at 9, then the buses will start running at 8. That's definitely not going to work with my ADR's.

I don't want to get charged no show fees. I emailed my TA and am waiting to hear back from her. I'm in my panic mode.

We decided against renting a car and are going to be using Disney transportation only. So this is why I'm panicked.

I'm sure that others are in the same boat, but I'm just freaking out.

DH is getting annoyed with me. I'm getting annoyed with myself.

Still waiting to hear back from my TA on the cake. I think I should have done it myself.

I think it's that time of the month for me. Because everything that everyone does is just annoying me tonight. I think I'm just going to go to bed and maybe I'll have answers in the morning.....

Old 08-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #147
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Have you heard back from the TA yet?

I've never done early A.M. ADRs, but from what I gather you are right - the buses start running 1 hour prior to park opening. Any way you could maybe get some later times?

Sounds like you need a couple of these Hang in there, friend!

Old 08-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #148
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
Have you heard back from the TA yet?

I've never done early A.M. ADRs, but from what I gather you are right - the buses start running 1 hour prior to park opening. Any way you could maybe get some later times?

Sounds like you need a couple of these Hang in there, friend!
I did hear back from her this morning. Well, actually late last night.

This was what she told me. I copied it from the email that she sent me.

Great question! You will need to touch base with your resort concierge upon check in to see how your resort handles this. Sometimes they have a bus come for you and sometimes they personally drive you. Do not worry though they will make sure you get there. We do 8AM reservations all of the time and we always have been able to take the bus. :-)

So maybe it won't be so bad. We are an early morning rope drop kind of family, so we like to do early morning ADR's.

Thanks for the hugs. I know that everything will be fine, but I need to not stress over everything. I know that tons of people have early ADR's and they use Disney transportation and they get there fine.

Plus reading other posts here I've seen that others have been fine.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #149
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

That's great that she got back with you so quickly! Any news on the cake?

Old 08-17-2012, 01:48 PM   #150
CatNipRules
I got Mickey mail

Quote:
That's great that she got back with you so quickly! Any news on the cake?
No news on the cake yet. I'm getting worried and wondering if I shouldn't try and contact them myself. She has been trying to call to see how it's going, but she said that the phone has just been ringing and ringing and no one is picking up.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: