Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #46
Aust
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 579

My niece swam at the pool at the Grand Californian in January - the pool was heated but it was freezing out - all us adults were sitting on deck chairs in coats wrapped in towels for extra warmth while the kids were going crazy on the waterslides. And the life guards were wearing what looked like ski suits!

I'm all for an extra day at DL, this trip we're there for 14 days (with 4 days out of that for LA/shopping/Las Vegas).
__________________
2014 DL Paris
2012 DLR (PPH)
2011 DLR (GCH)
2007 DLR (DLH)
1991 DL Tokyo
Aust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:01 AM   #47
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aust View Post
My niece swam at the pool at the Grand Californian in January - the pool was heated but it was freezing out - all us adults were sitting on deck chairs in coats wrapped in towels for extra warmth while the kids were going crazy on the waterslides. And the life guards were wearing what looked like ski suits!

I'm all for an extra day at DL, this trip we're there for 14 days (with 4 days out of that for LA/shopping/Las Vegas).
that's roughly the same amount of time we'll be there. when are you visiting?

swimming in january? wow. not even in california would i do that unless it was an indoor pool.
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-13-2012, 05:37 AM   #48
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

so i just got confirmation from carlo...

we're doing the extra disney day!!!!


__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #49
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

today i got confirmation from my DU agent -- our extra disney day is locked in and paid for. yay. yet another thing on our list we can check off.

at home sick today (still) and just for giggles, checked out VAustralia's pricing.

bne - lax return economy (direct flights) - $1204.

that's the cheapest i've ever seen it for our dates (nov 23 - dec 12) .. even last year for a promo sale i only managed to find rates around $1300... should i book now, or hold out and see if i can get a cheaper fare?

thoughts?
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #50
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
today i got confirmation from my DU agent -- our extra disney day is locked in and paid for. yay. yet another thing on our list we can check off.

at home sick today (still) and just for giggles, checked out VAustralia's pricing.

bne - lax return economy (direct flights) - $1204.

that's the cheapest i've ever seen it for our dates (nov 23 - dec 12) .. even last year for a promo sale i only managed to find rates around $1300... should i book now, or hold out and see if i can get a cheaper fare?

thoughts?
If that's the cheaper than last year I would be jumping and not looking back that saving pays for your extra day
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #51
battymum
DIS Veteran
 
battymum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,807

Thats a fair price - I dont know if you will see it any cheaper!

Book it Danno!!!
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:45 PM   #52
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

lol. you guys are the greatest.

yeah, i had been seeing prices around the $1500 and $1600 mark for a while now... i was hoping to get flights around the $1330 mark... $1200 each seems like a pretty decent saving, although i did see vaustralia advertising other cities/routes for around $1000, i don't think that i'll see much lower than $1200 to be honest...

will wait til carlo comes home tonight and run it past him...
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:51 PM   #53
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,498

Book it......

I think as the dollar falls, travel will decrease to the usa and then the airlines will start cutting fares again, but this may be a while..so lock it in now
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:47 PM   #54
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
 
BecBennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 4,732

Yeah book it
__________________
BecBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #55
Beee
Mouseketeer
 
Beee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 170

I'd be booking now too but I'm such a terrible gambler - I booked our dec flights a month ago as soon as we confirmed dates, figured so close to xmas the likelyhood of a good deal would be slim and I wanted to go direct meaning no airline competition. $1200 does sound pretty good (says the woman who has paid $2500+ return each...)
I am still holding out for a good deal for accommodation though...for now anyway, I am just too impatient I think and want everything locked in and ready to go.
__________________
Me DP & DD12 + &

Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #56
Kangarucci
Mouseketeer
 
Kangarucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Mt Martha Australia
Posts: 322

I also agree with others. Book it today. I am one to procrastinate and then lose out.
__________________

Alaska Wonder DisneyCruise2014 Disneyland2014 Bahamas Dream DisneyCruise 2013 Hong Kong Disneyland 2013
B2B Eastern/Western Caribbean Fantasy DisneyCruise 2012 Disneyworld 2012 Disneyland 2012
Westbound Transatlantic DisneyCruise 2010 Disneyland Paris 2010
Western Caribbean DisneyCruise 2007Disneyworld 2007
Disneyland 2005
Disneyland 2004
Disneyworld 1994
Disneyland 1989
Kangarucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:01 AM   #57
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

so... our flights are booked

and we got to choose our seating this time around for an extra $20 per seat, which was awesome as last time the ticket agent at the desk upon check in was the one who selected our seats... but.. having really enjoyed our seat location last time, i've selected the same row for our seats, just in the middle section so we're not squished in next to a window, and hopefully the 3rd in our row won't be filled in and we can spread out a little

so now the bank balance is looking decidedly poorer. yup... we're poor again. i've used up all our trip savings so far, so it'll be tax returns and dedicated savings from here on out to make sure we have enough for the trip...

__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:58 AM   #58
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran
 
WAMUMOF4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
so... our flights are booked

and we got to choose our seating this time around for an extra $20 per seat, which was awesome as last time the ticket agent at the desk upon check in was the one who selected our seats... but.. having really enjoyed our seat location last time, i've selected the same row for our seats, just in the middle section so we're not squished in next to a window, and hopefully the 3rd in our row won't be filled in and we can spread out a little

so now the bank balance is looking decidedly poorer. yup... we're poor again. i've used up all our trip savings so far, so it'll be tax returns and dedicated savings from here on out to make sure we have enough for the trip...

Congrats on booking your flights thats a great price and we are that way every pay week at the moment a sacrifice i am willing to live with to spend some time with Mickey
Happy saving
__________________
Disneyland July 2010 Disneyworld August 2011
2012 Disneyland, DCL Magic, WDW, Disneyland
WAMUMOF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:02 AM   #59
Beee
Mouseketeer
 
Beee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 170

that's awesome you've got the flights booked and paid for Alicia! We're in the same position, empty bank account and saving for the rest...ho hum...
__________________
Me DP & DD12 + &

Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #60
alicia1506
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,003

i always feel so good about our position in life when the bank balance is great, and really stressed when the bank balance is low... i know that we've just paid out approx $8k for our cruise and accommodation and flights etc but i still feel like i need to stress about the finance...
__________________


me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: