Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
dznyacct
DIS Veteran

recent Fantasy cruisers - cost of Rainforest Room pass?

Hi ~ Can any recent Fantasy cruisers please tell me how much passes to the Rainforest Room in the spa are? Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Elfinjojo
Mouseketeer

I purchased the standard couples pass for the week which cost $149 but don't know the other prices. There is a deluxe couples pass which included body scrubs that you can have made up but the price eludes me right now.

JoJo

Elfinjojo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
catgirl
Mouseketeer

Day pass was $16
April 2010 POP w/mom & 7yr old niece-Birthday trip
4/21/12 Eastern Caribbean on Fantasy w/DH & DN
11/2/13 ASM w/now 10yr old niece
catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
dznyacct
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone .
Old 05-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
momof2inmn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznyacct View Post
Hi ~ Can any recent Fantasy cruisers please tell me how much passes to the Rainforest Room in the spa are? Thanks
What is the Rainforest Room?
Old 05-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2inmn View Post
What is the Rainforest Room?
From DCL's website:
Specialized areas within the Rainforest room include a Hamam (steam bath), a Caldarium (steam room) and Laconium (dry sauna)
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...ses-spa-salon/

You can even sink into deep serenity in our rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam rooms or a sauna fashioned after a Roman bath. Warm tiled chairs soothe while fragrant vapors holistically elevate mind and body.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...sta-spa-salon/
Old 05-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
michigan829
Mouseketeer

I'm thinking about a day pass. Never been to a spa and this just sounds to good to miss! Do they have a set amount of passes per day or do you have to book it? Thanks for any additional info.

~Caroline
Old 05-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
merriwthr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
From DCL's website:
Specialized areas within the Rainforest room include a Hamam (steam bath), a Caldarium (steam room) and Laconium (dry sauna)
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...ses-spa-salon/

You can even sink into deep serenity in our rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam rooms or a sauna fashioned after a Roman bath. Warm tiled chairs soothe while fragrant vapors holistically elevate mind and body.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...sta-spa-salon/
Awwww... why'd you do that?? Now I have to wait 6 1/2 months while dreaming of the warm tiled chairs and the aromatherapy steam rooms....
Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merriwthr View Post
Awwww... why'd you do that?? Now I have to wait 6 1/2 months while dreaming of the warm tiled chairs and the aromatherapy steam rooms....
Oops....sorry.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
casabloch
Casabloch

1. When / how / where do you get the passes to the rainforest room? I didn't see that as an option to pre-reserve.
2. Is there a set quantity of passes for each day or a set amount of time you can stay in there?
3. Does it get crowded and if so, are there certain times that are more crowded in general?

I need my DH to seriously chill, so if I can keep him in there for 7 days, I'm set!

Thanks in advance!
casabloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabloch View Post
1. When / how / where do you get the passes to the rainforest room? I didn't see that as an option to pre-reserve.
2. Is there a set quantity of passes for each day or a set amount of time you can stay in there?
3. Does it get crowded and if so, are there certain times that are more crowded in general?

I need my DH to seriously chill, so if I can keep him in there for 7 days, I'm set!

Thanks in advance!
Your DH and my DH must be working at the same place. That man is driving me NUTS!!! Bless his heart, he needs the Rainforest Room in a big way and he's gonna get it, come this weekend.

Good luck with de-stressing your DH!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
srferson
DIS Veteran

If I want passes for day two of our cruise (Nassau), can I just wait until that morning or should I get them the day before?

srferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #13
casabloch
Casabloch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetexas View Post
Your DH and my DH must be working at the same place. That man is driving me NUTS!!! Bless his heart, he needs the Rainforest Room in a big way and he's gonna get it, come this weekend.

Good luck with de-stressing your DH!
Oh good for you! Hope he enjoys it and you have a nice relaxing cruise!
casabloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
time4dis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by srferson View Post
If I want passes for day two of our cruise (Nassau), can I just wait until that morning or should I get them the day before?
My advice would be to go do a quick 5 minute tour the day before and decide then. Then you have seen it and can decide if it's a need for you, and if so, can ensure you get one. though I don't know if they would 'sell out' for a particular day.

We went one day, my wife used it twice for about 1.5 hrs each time. I used it once with her the second time and that was enough.

The saunas are quite hot, the showers are fun but kind of a novelty. there were 4, with 2-3 setting each. warm and COLD. the heated chairs are heavenly and there are about a dozen of them.

there are 2 hot tubs with capacity of 2 people each. so you have to take turns and limit your usage to 15 mins, says the sign. There are lots of towels and robes. the lockers get filled up as they share with the workout room so just don't bring anything you 'need' to put in a locker in case you can't get one.

oh, and the hot tubs are on a open air deck, so if it's windy, it's a little weird. the hot tubs in the adult area are adequate for more lengthy soaks.
time4dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #15
srferson
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by time4dis View Post
My advice would be to go do a quick 5 minute tour the day before and decide then. Then you have seen it and can decide if it's a need for you, and if so, can ensure you get one. though I don't know if they would 'sell out' for a particular day.

We went one day, my wife used it twice for about 1.5 hrs each time. I used it once with her the second time and that was enough.

The saunas are quite hot, the showers are fun but kind of a novelty. there were 4, with 2-3 setting each. warm and COLD. the heated chairs are heavenly and there are about a dozen of them.

there are 2 hot tubs with capacity of 2 people each. so you have to take turns and limit your usage to 15 mins, says the sign. There are lots of towels and robes. the lockers get filled up as they share with the workout room so just don't bring anything you 'need' to put in a locker in case you can't get one.

oh, and the hot tubs are on a open air deck, so if it's windy, it's a little weird. the hot tubs in the adult area are adequate for more lengthy soaks.
Ok. Thanks for all the info!

srferson is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: