Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
dznyacct
DIS Veteran
 
dznyacct's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,170

recent Fantasy cruisers - cost of Rainforest Room pass?

Hi ~ Can any recent Fantasy cruisers please tell me how much passes to the Rainforest Room in the spa are? Thanks
__________________
dznyacct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
Elfinjojo
Mouseketeer
 
Elfinjojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Uk
Posts: 438

I purchased the standard couples pass for the week which cost $149 but don't know the other prices. There is a deluxe couples pass which included body scrubs that you can have made up but the price eludes me right now.
__________________

JoJo



Elfinjojo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
catgirl
Mouseketeer
 
catgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 479

Day pass was $16
__________________
1984 off site w/mom, brother, & boyfriend (now husband)
1994 Caribbean Beach with BFF
2008 POP w/ mom & 4yr old niece
April 2010 POP w/mom & 7yr old niece-Birthday trip
4/21/12 Eastern Caribbean on Fantasy w/DH & DN
11/2/13 ASM w/now 10yr old niece
catgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
dznyacct
DIS Veteran
 
dznyacct's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Indiana
Posts: 2,170

Thanks everyone .
__________________
dznyacct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
momof2inmn
Mouseketeer
 
momof2inmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznyacct View Post
Hi ~ Can any recent Fantasy cruisers please tell me how much passes to the Rainforest Room in the spa are? Thanks
What is the Rainforest Room?
__________________
Ally My Wonderful DH ~ DD Rabbity Jane ~ DD Bearlious
momof2inmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2inmn View Post
What is the Rainforest Room?
From DCL's website:
Specialized areas within the Rainforest room include a Hamam (steam bath), a Caldarium (steam room) and Laconium (dry sauna)
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...ses-spa-salon/


You can even sink into deep serenity in our rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam rooms or a sauna fashioned after a Roman bath. Warm tiled chairs soothe while fragrant vapors holistically elevate mind and body.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...sta-spa-salon/
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
michigan829
Mouseketeer
 
michigan829's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 154

I'm thinking about a day pass. Never been to a spa and this just sounds to good to miss! Do they have a set amount of passes per day or do you have to book it? Thanks for any additional info.

~Caroline
__________________
michigan829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
merriwthr
Mouseketeer
 
merriwthr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilljill View Post
From DCL's website:
Specialized areas within the Rainforest room include a Hamam (steam bath), a Caldarium (steam room) and Laconium (dry sauna)
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...ses-spa-salon/


You can even sink into deep serenity in our rainforest-themed aromatherapy steam rooms or a sauna fashioned after a Roman bath. Warm tiled chairs soothe while fragrant vapors holistically elevate mind and body.
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/sh...sta-spa-salon/
Awwww... why'd you do that?? Now I have to wait 6 1/2 months while dreaming of the warm tiled chairs and the aromatherapy steam rooms....
__________________
merriwthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread
 
jilljill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!
Posts: 18,143

Quote:
Originally Posted by merriwthr View Post
Awwww... why'd you do that?? Now I have to wait 6 1/2 months while dreaming of the warm tiled chairs and the aromatherapy steam rooms....
Oops....sorry.
__________________
Disneynutinlondon hit me
jilljill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:50 PM   #10
casabloch
Casabloch
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 12

1. When / how / where do you get the passes to the rainforest room? I didn't see that as an option to pre-reserve.
2. Is there a set quantity of passes for each day or a set amount of time you can stay in there?
3. Does it get crowded and if so, are there certain times that are more crowded in general?

I need my DH to seriously chill, so if I can keep him in there for 7 days, I'm set!

Thanks in advance!
casabloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
ilovetexas
DIS Veteran
 
ilovetexas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Suburban Atlanta
Posts: 1,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by casabloch View Post
1. When / how / where do you get the passes to the rainforest room? I didn't see that as an option to pre-reserve.
2. Is there a set quantity of passes for each day or a set amount of time you can stay in there?
3. Does it get crowded and if so, are there certain times that are more crowded in general?

I need my DH to seriously chill, so if I can keep him in there for 7 days, I'm set!

Thanks in advance!
Your DH and my DH must be working at the same place. That man is driving me NUTS!!! Bless his heart, he needs the Rainforest Room in a big way and he's gonna get it, come this weekend.

Good luck with de-stressing your DH!
__________________
ilovetexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #12
srferson
DIS Veteran
 
srferson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 625

If I want passes for day two of our cruise (Nassau), can I just wait until that morning or should I get them the day before?
__________________


srferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #13
casabloch
Casabloch
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetexas View Post
Your DH and my DH must be working at the same place. That man is driving me NUTS!!! Bless his heart, he needs the Rainforest Room in a big way and he's gonna get it, come this weekend.

Good luck with de-stressing your DH!
Oh good for you! Hope he enjoys it and you have a nice relaxing cruise!
casabloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
time4dis
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by srferson View Post
If I want passes for day two of our cruise (Nassau), can I just wait until that morning or should I get them the day before?
My advice would be to go do a quick 5 minute tour the day before and decide then. Then you have seen it and can decide if it's a need for you, and if so, can ensure you get one. though I don't know if they would 'sell out' for a particular day.

We went one day, my wife used it twice for about 1.5 hrs each time. I used it once with her the second time and that was enough.

The saunas are quite hot, the showers are fun but kind of a novelty. there were 4, with 2-3 setting each. warm and COLD. the heated chairs are heavenly and there are about a dozen of them.

there are 2 hot tubs with capacity of 2 people each. so you have to take turns and limit your usage to 15 mins, says the sign. There are lots of towels and robes. the lockers get filled up as they share with the workout room so just don't bring anything you 'need' to put in a locker in case you can't get one.

oh, and the hot tubs are on a open air deck, so if it's windy, it's a little weird. the hot tubs in the adult area are adequate for more lengthy soaks.
time4dis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #15
srferson
DIS Veteran
 
srferson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 625

Quote:
Originally Posted by time4dis View Post
My advice would be to go do a quick 5 minute tour the day before and decide then. Then you have seen it and can decide if it's a need for you, and if so, can ensure you get one. though I don't know if they would 'sell out' for a particular day.

We went one day, my wife used it twice for about 1.5 hrs each time. I used it once with her the second time and that was enough.

The saunas are quite hot, the showers are fun but kind of a novelty. there were 4, with 2-3 setting each. warm and COLD. the heated chairs are heavenly and there are about a dozen of them.

there are 2 hot tubs with capacity of 2 people each. so you have to take turns and limit your usage to 15 mins, says the sign. There are lots of towels and robes. the lockers get filled up as they share with the workout room so just don't bring anything you 'need' to put in a locker in case you can't get one.

oh, and the hot tubs are on a open air deck, so if it's windy, it's a little weird. the hot tubs in the adult area are adequate for more lengthy soaks.
Ok. Thanks for all the info!
__________________


srferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.