Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #76
mzspaz
Mouseketeer
 
mzspaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 268

Just got an email from Southwest Rapid Rewards....save 25% and earn triple bonus dollars (up to 1800) when you rent from National using Contract ID #5030346


Good on rentals now through November 15th.


I haven't had time to plug it in yet and see how the numbers fall but if someone is looking for some points and can find a good rate, might be worth it to use.
__________________
Hoping for and planning a 2012 Disney Trip!
mzspaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #77
shillee
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 161

If you book and then modify does it stack the codes or something? I tried some different codes for Alamo but they were all more than the deal I had a budget. Not sure if there is some trick for how to get this to work...but would love to know if it can save me more money

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaldevice View Post
Love it. I have done this too. I have more rate codes to try.
__________________
Smiles,
Shillee

1996 - Off Site, 1997 - Off Site, 1999 - ASMu, 2000 - BW, 2000 - Disneyland Paris, 2001 - May at ASMu, 2001 - December at CS, 2002 - September at ASMu, 2002 - December - Getting Married at WDW!!!, 2003 - December & DCL Wonder, 2004 - December, 2005 - December, 2006 - December, 2007 - December, 2008 - September - Disneyland, 2008 - December - Off Site, 2010 - Off Site (Windsor Hills Townhouse), 2011 - November - Off Site, 2012 - February - DCL - Magic 7 Night Eastern, 2012 - November at POR, 2013 - DCL B2B Miami on the Wonder, 2013 - November at CB
shillee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #78
Jenny3
DIS Veteran
 
Jenny3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: outside Philly
Posts: 638

I'm on the AAA website and have $129.45 total for a smallish/standard car through Advantage for Nov 8-13th. Is this a good rate? I would really love to get it under $100 though, if possible.
__________________
DD 17 DD 9 DS 3

Nov 2012 - IA & US Orlando, SW, DC
Dec 2011 - WDW, Boardwalk Villas
Feb 2004 - WDW, IOA, Fort Wilderness Cabins
April 2000 - DL & US Hollywood

Last edited by Jenny3; 08-24-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Jenny3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #79
hurleysweety
DISPrincess in Training
Makes a mean Monte Cristo
 
hurleysweety's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,616

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny3 View Post
I'm on the AAA website and have $129.45 total for a smallish/standard car through Advantage for Nov 8-13th. Is this a good rate? I would really love to get it under $100 though, if possible.
Compared to the rates that most are seeing right now, $129 this early doesn't seem that bad. Keep checking back though. Most rental car rates drop within the 3-4 week period before your trip. That's when this thread will becomes very and instead of
__________________
(me)... (DH)... (DD - 5 months)... (Puppy Otis) --- "Your grace is enough for me" ---
Past Trips: WDW: Feb 1997 BWI, June 2008 *Honeymoon!*, May 2010 OKW & POR *2-year anniversary*, May 2011 OKW/BWV *3-year anniversary*, October 2011 VWL & POP DLR: 1994, Thanksgiving 2003 Portofino Suites, Oct. 2004, Oct. 2005, Nov. 2006 Carousel Inn, May 2007 Fairfield Inn, May 2009 DH Bday Trip Marriott Suites Anaheim, May 2009 *1-year anniversary*, GCH Suite, June 2009 Worldmark, Sept 2009 PPH, December 2009 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, April 2010 Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort, January 2011 Staybridge, September 2011 Red Lion, June 2012 Hilton Anaheim *4-year anniversary (celebrated late), Oct 2012 Ayres Anaheim, May 2013 GCH *5-year anniversary*, Sept 2013 Red Lion, Nov 2013 (1 Day Trip) Red Lion, Dec 2013 *Club 33* Castle Inn DCL:October 2013 - HalloWonder (Halloween) Cruise - Wonder 7 Night Bahamas from Galveston
hurleysweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:26 PM   #80
katallo
DIS Veteran
 
katallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,993

Budget has the "Wendie" promotion again. We've been hoping for Alamo but they are out of sight for November 8th. But, we did get a compact at Budget for $179.00 total using their promotion. I'll also have to check out Advantage.
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 01:44 PM   #81
tiffrobyn
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming swimming swimming swimming.
 
tiffrobyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by katallo View Post
Budget has the "Wendie" promotion again. We've been hoping for Alamo but they are out of sight for November 8th. But, we did get a compact at Budget for $179.00 total using their promotion. I'll also have to check out Advantage.
Thanks! I snagged an Intermediate SUV from 11/10-11/18 for $238.60. I'm still hoping for a better price but that's MUCH lower than I've been seeing!
tiffrobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:18 PM   #82
webworm
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffrobyn View Post
Thanks! I snagged an Intermediate SUV from 11/10-11/18 for $238.60. I'm still hoping for a better price but that's MUCH lower than I've been seeing!
You can add E-Coupon MUGZ029 for another $30.00 off and total will be $208. Note coupon is applied when you return vehicle.
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:28 PM   #83
katallo
DIS Veteran
 
katallo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,993

Quote:
Originally Posted by webworm View Post
You can add E-Coupon MUGZ029 for another $30.00 off and total will be $208. Note coupon is applied when you return vehicle.
Thanks, but before I use this code is it for general public?
katallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:00 PM   #84
Jenny3
DIS Veteran
 
Jenny3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: outside Philly
Posts: 638

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleysweety View Post
Compared to the rates that most are seeing right now, $129 this early doesn't seem that bad. Keep checking back though. Most rental car rates drop within the 3-4 week period before your trip. That's when this thread will becomes very and instead of
If I book this now, I can always cancel later right? AAA doesn't take a credit card when booking, so I'm assuming cancelling is pretty easy to do...?

And I'm very much looking forward to doing my own happy dance when I get a great rate!!
__________________
DD 17 DD 9 DS 3

Nov 2012 - IA & US Orlando, SW, DC
Dec 2011 - WDW, Boardwalk Villas
Feb 2004 - WDW, IOA, Fort Wilderness Cabins
April 2000 - DL & US Hollywood

Last edited by Jenny3; 08-24-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Jenny3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #85
scout68
We dig the Duck
 
scout68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 215

What is the Wendie program?
__________________
"There are lots of horrid people on this planet, that I would love to give a lashing to."

Doofenshmirtz


Headed home 11-1
scout68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #86
tiffrobyn
Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming swimming swimming swimming.
 
tiffrobyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by webworm

You can add E-Coupon MUGZ029 for another $30.00 off and total will be $208. Note coupon is applied when you return vehicle.
Thank you. I have a USAA coupon code that's $35 off!
tiffrobyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 06:47 AM   #87
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 488

Using Wendie code and $30 coupon listed above and got a 9 day rental from 10/13-10/21 at MCO airport for $245 for intermediate SUV w/ Budget.

Using KLM code and $35 AARP coupon ND3Z11ZDQ minivan w/ National is $367. (My husband is 51, so I signed us up for AARP. I'll have husband pick up car. I have an AARP spouse card but at 42 yo, I look about 30 so I feel really weird using it. ) Tried Budget x474200 and MUGZ029 and rate was $415 ($385 after coupon). I can also take Magic Express, check in to resort then pickup minivan from Care Care Center and it would be $326 w/National. (staying onsite 1st night only then offsite).

Using Vroom 299851 and double upgrade coupon AU4234FDA standard w/ Alamo for $249, which I believe is a full size at Alamo at MCO. Anyone use this Vroom code before?

I have 2 kids in boosters, so 4 people and four 26" or 29" suitcases (flying Jet Blue )
Which do you think would be better - the Alamo Standard/Full size or the Budget Intermediate SUV? Minivan would be plenty of room, but $100+ more - worth it?? Staying onsite first night so we only need to space for luggage moving offsite and returning to airport. (Kids and I can ride w/ ME)

Also, Budget allows a spouse to drive without charge, correct?

Here's hoping the rates get lower for all of us! At least these codes hopefully help for now.
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:30 AM   #88
webworm
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by mieuxmew View Post
Using Wendie code and $30 coupon listed above and got a 9 day rental from 10/13-10/21 at MCO airport for $245 for intermediate SUV w/ Budget.

Using KLM code and $35 AARP coupon ND3Z11ZDQ minivan w/ National is $367. (My husband is 51, so I signed us up for AARP. I'll have husband pick up car. I have an AARP spouse card but at 42 yo, I look about 30 so I feel really weird using it. ) Tried Budget x474200 and MUGZ029 and rate was $415 ($385 after coupon). I can also take Magic Express, check in to resort then pickup minivan from Care Care Center and it would be $326 w/National. (staying onsite 1st night only then offsite).

Using Vroom 299851 and double upgrade coupon AU4234FDA standard w/ Alamo for $249, which I believe is a full size at Alamo at MCO. Anyone use this Vroom code before?

I have 2 kids in boosters, so 4 people and four 26" or 29" suitcases (flying Jet Blue )
Which do you think would be better - the Alamo Standard/Full size or the Budget Intermediate SUV? Minivan would be plenty of room, but $100+ more - worth it?? Staying onsite first night so we only need to space for luggage moving offsite and returning to airport. (Kids and I can ride w/ ME)

Also, Budget allows a spouse to drive without charge, correct?

Here's hoping the rates get lower for all of us! At least these codes hopefully help for now.
Sounds like you need a minivan and with Budget using x474200 and MUGZ029 is $329. Spouse is free.
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #89
andrews_dad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,901

can someone list wendie coupon code please? and please note which car rental company it works for....
andrews_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #90
andrews_dad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,901

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffrobyn View Post
Thank you. I have a USAA coupon code that's $35 off!
What is teh USAA coupon code and which car rental company it good for??
andrews_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.



You Rated this Thread: